Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05. Melissa M's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Color me extremely disappointed.  Moving to Houston is a requirement of Dr Now's program.  Period. We've never seen him make an exception.  Don't see why she couldn't have moved just for a few months.   What I picture is that some guy will break up with her or cheat on her and she'll be baking 10 pans of lasagna and be right back up to 600 in no time flat.  Makes me sad.  

• Love 16

Now that I'm watching the episode, I so want her to succeed. She is well spoken and takes care of herself (besides the eating) . She isn't laying there like a beached whale expecting her minions to clean her butt and bring her food. Seeing her eat that entire pan of lasagna made me sad. 

Aaaand, there is the enabler bringing the food. She seems to have a couple good friends who want to help her.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 3

I was getting confused by the timeline by the end. The scenes where she was going about her life were clearly in Pandemic Times, then her appointments with Dr. Now were maskless. It just seems like they were showing us stuff out of order. It was distracting. Anyway I had high hopes for her but the mysterious lack of progress was bizarre. Usually they edit some sort of explanation, even if unspoken. Weird editing in general this episode.

• Love 7

I was very disappointed at the end.  It looked so hopeful.  Once she got a boyfriend, all bets seemed to be off.  Someone should have pointed   out that there are men in Houston too!!

• Love 5

I think Melissa was like the woman in Oklahoma a few seasons ago, that was doing very well, and then told Dr. Now that she didn't want to lose more, so quit.     She quit after her friends said that since she lost weight, she could get a man now, and then everything changed with her.   The same with Melissa, she lost enough to be more comfortable, and to start doing things she wanted to, and then found a boyfriend.    So she was done.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I kept waiting for some explanation of her very odd posture- her spine looked straight, but she seemed to be hunching one shoulder up in a weird way.

Personally, I thought this woman had money from somewhere-I don't think she had siblings, so maybe she inherited from her parents. That was a nice apartment, well-furnished and accessorized- she had curtains on rods instead of sheets duct-taped over the windows! She had color-coordinated sets of fashionable clothing, real underwear and shoes! I'm going to guess it isn't her personality attracting a guy who actually looked young enough to be her son.

I didn't understand how she went from: 'I'm all alone in the world except for my friend/feeder' to 'I can't leave my huge support system to come to Houston'.

I wish I could have told her at the end 'If I had a dollar for everybody on this show who's confidently proclaimed that they're going to 'do it their way' and actually succeeded, I'd have no dollars'.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I kept waiting for some explanation of her very odd posture- her spine looked straight, but she seemed to be hunching one shoulder up in a weird way.

Personally, I thought this woman had money from somewhere-I don't think she had siblings, so maybe she inherited from her parents. That was a nice apartment, well-furnished and accessorized- she had curtains on rods instead of sheets duct-taped over the windows! She had color-coordinated sets of fashionable clothing, real underwear and shoes! I'm going to guess it isn't her personality attracting a guy who actually looked young enough to be her son.

I didn't understand how she went from: 'I'm all alone in the world except for my friend/feeder' to 'I can't leave my huge support system to come to Houston'.

I wish I could have told her at the end 'If I had a dollar for everybody on this show who's confidently proclaimed that they're going to 'do it their way' and actually succeeded, I'd have no dollars'.

I thought she had a weird posture while walking too. I thought it was just that she was leaning back a bit to support her bosom.

That apartment was nice. I thought a broom would come in handy when the floor was shown. She had nice clothes that actually fit, and (gasp) shoes.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

For me it's red beans and rice.  Don't know why.

I love red beans and rice!  Not sure about eating them for breakfast, but sign me up for lunch or dinner any day!  I wish there was a good Creole restaurant near me... but Zatarain's boxed version isn't bad.  I add some chicken or shrimp to it and it hits the spot.

• Love 2

I think breast reduction surgery could’ve helped Melissa. They were humongous. She carried practically all her weight at the front, she had to lean back when walking to compensate. 

Dr. Now can retire, he’s done his bit. No one’s making it to surgery these days. Food is way more enticing 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I love red beans and rice!  Not sure about eating them for breakfast, but sign me up for lunch or dinner any day!  I wish there was a good Creole restaurant near me... but Zatarain's boxed version isn't bad.  I add some chicken or shrimp to it and it hits the spot.

I looked up Zatarain's and I have all of the seasonings, but sometimes just want something easy. Oh, dirty rice. Jambalaya!

15 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I have everything delivered.

I do too.  I put it in online once a week and it's great.  I probably save a fortune not running to the store after work and since it keeps a running total of the cart I can see how much I'm spending BEFORE I check out.  Also allows meal planning and we don't buy any junk food anymore.  Not to mention the time saved doing a large grocery order going up and down the aisles, waiting in line, lugging bags to the car, lugging bags OUT of the car.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

Have you tried hibiscus tea? It's delicious!

I'm sure I've had teas with hibiscus in them, but not by itself. Too bad I didn't see your comment before I wandered into the tea aisle at Wegmans after work (while telling myself, "you do not need more tea at this time").

• Love 1