Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05. Melissa M's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Melissa has isolated herself at home and lost many friends to avoid feeling the shame of what her food addiction has done to her body. Now the only way to get her life back is to leave it behind to start a new one with Dr. Now's help in Houston.

New pounditicpant.  Will she fail? Will she succeed? Will she be more interested in doing this than Carrie? I am fairly sure the answer to the last question is yes.

This is the regular episode thread. It will be open after the initial US network showings. 

Original air date 2021.01.27

• Love 5

Eating habit tonight:  indulgent, as it is my one-year anniversary at work.    A plateful of pan-fried smelt, kale salad, a glass of white wine and a slice of lemon meringue pie.

One upside of moving to Boston is that they have smelt here… it’s been literally twenty years since I had it, so now that I have re-discovered it at one (and only) of the local supermarkets, I have it a couple times a month.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Howdy pounders!! just finished my eating habit of Mongolian beef over rice.  Dessert was lemon meringue pie jello in a PF pastry puff.  I hope this is better than last week.

For my last meal of the day I had a portion of Trader Joe’s goat cheese/sundried tomato ravioli tossed with spinach, garlic and marinara sauce. I also had grapes. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Howdy pounders!! just finished my eating habit of Mongolian beef over rice.  Dessert was lemon meringue pie jello in a PF pastry puff.  I hope this is better than last week.

Howdy back!  Almost anything would be better than last week.

• Love 4

Yo, yo, my people!  My eating habit was leftover homemade minestrone I found in the freezer while looking for 'real' food, a semi-homemade brownie with applesauce instead of oil, and a thin slice of homemade bread.

• Love 4

Hey, Pounders! I'm watching on Philo TV.  Does anyone else have that service? It seems to run about 5 minutes behind the rest of the world. 

My eating habit is roast pork swimming in pork broth. 

My buddy had his gastric sleeve operation on Monday, January 25, so I can eat again. I didn't lose an ounce on liquids. 

• Love 5

Melissa Marescot (Melissa M.), from Sunrise FL.  Missed her age.  

I really like that shower head.   At least she's mobile.   I'm really hoping she's a wonderful success.    I suspect that like the others this season, it's leftover from last season, because it didn't get completed.  

She can't say she was ever small.  Even as an infant she was huge.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I’m having good vibes for Melissa, she’s taking personal responsibility in her voice over, and she is still taking care of her daily needs. 

WOW that’s a lot of soup. That’s a family size storage container. 

• Love 2
Just now, Hellga said:

Her voice actually has inflections, intonations and emotions.  Maybe she will be a good one!

And she is mobile and can take a shower on herown and prepares her own food.

• Love 5