Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05. Melissa M's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, snarkish said:

I am 4'10" and considered obese by BMI charts at 178 pounds (I wear a size 14). I cannot even fathom carrying an extra 50-100 pounds. 

My son's ex-wife (the b$tch), was your height and generally 98/99 lbs. When she got to 115 (marriage eating), he said he could tell. She wasn't comfortable at that weight and he could visually see the difference. I can't imagine being 500+ at that height.

Just now, mmecorday said:

I really don't understand when they say that food calms them down. I have never once eaten a cheeseburger and said, "This is really calming me down."

Food can be calming. The sensation is pleasurable and there are all sorts of emotions tied up in certain foods. I find a cup of hot herbal tea calming- NO CALORIES. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

I love the Khloe K commercial “I can go about my day,” cut to surgically altered lip pouring into a camera...that’s her day.

I’m always thinking that I’m okay if Khloe has migraines. Sorry they’re gone. 

• LOL 5
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Ooh, we have a conundrum, @Twopper's guess of 590 hit the thread after the weight was revelaed in the thread which would make @sagittarius sue the winner at 597.  What to do?  What to do?  Co-winners!  After all, we trust our Pounders and know that the refresh can be slow.  

Johnny, tell them what they've won!

You've won:

• Plastic tubs to eat your food from
  • A friend to stop by with a small snack of four containers of chicken, fried mozzarella sticks and a gallon of ranch dressing
  • A chance to write a letter to daddy or mommy (your choice!)
  • Quality skincare
  • Cute shoes that still fit even if you have a large fat layer on the top of your feet
  • And, as always, the respect of your fellow Pounders!

Thank you, thank you for this great honor.  Cute shoes for my size 12N feet?

• Love 9

This is going so fast I have hopes that we are going to see not only weight loss surgery, but a skin surgery as well. Could we be so lucky? It has been such a long times since we had a success.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

I really don't understand when they say that food calms them down. I have never once eaten a cheeseburger and said, "This is really calming me down."

And you are obviously not a food addict.  Be grateful.  Food never made me feel calm but it lifted depression.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Can I share something with you guys? I have lost 42 pounds since October. No one else knows because of the pandemic-I don’t see anyone. 

Congratulations!  

I gained 10 pounds since summer, 7 of them over the holidays.  3 of them are already gone but still have 12 to lose to get to my personal goal.  

• Love 4
Just now, aliya said:

My son's ex-wife (the b$tch), was your height and generally 98/99 lbs. When she got to 115 (marriage eating), he said he could tell. She wasn't comfortable at that weight and he could visually see the difference. I can't imagine being 500+ at that height.

Yes when you are very short the pounds show much quicker. 15lbs on someone who’s 4’11 isn’t the same as 15lbs on someone who’s 5’9. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

My daughter is 31 and 4'11. She is tiny, runs half marathons and pumps iron and weighs 115. 

• Love 3

Is it just me or does it seem like Dr. Now is being less tolerant & stricter with his patients this season?  I felt in past seasons he tolerated many more excuses from his poundparticpant when they failed to lose weight/follow his plan.

This season he cuts to the chase and tells them flat out their behaviour is going to kill them.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Did she cook that soup in a bedpan?  

Good Lord. I will never get that image from my mind. I didn't see what she ate it from, but just the idea. I don't care if it's a brand new bedpan out of the box.

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

I had a doctor once say “I guess your body just puts fat wherever it wants to go” when describing my cankles. 

Some of us just lose on the genetic lottery. 

Once fat uses up all the 'preferred' space, it goes everywhere else there are fat cells.   It's similar to how some meds (such as some HIV meds) cause funny fat redistribution.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Ooh, we have a conundrum, @Twopper's guess of 590 hit the thread after the weight was revelaed in the thread which would make @sagittarius sue the winner at 597.  What to do?  What to do?  Co-winners!  After all, we trust our Pounders and know that the refresh can be slow. 

Thanks, but @sagittarius sue is more than welcome to the prizes since I have already won 2  times this season. 

This show is speeding by so fast especially compared to the last one.

• Love 2

It's nice to see her exercising, but I hope she doesn't fall victim to a VERY common belief that 'I exercised so I can eat more' ! 

She said 'clean' but I don't think she is actually capable of cleaning her entire apartment by herself...  Funny that going to the mailbox (taking an elevator to the mailbox!) is an accomplishment when she was already capable of going to the airport and through Dr. Now's office without moaning.  Is she trying to trick herself?

• Love 2
Just now, String Theory said:

Is it just me or does it seem like Dr. Now is being less tolerant & stricter with his patients this season?  I felt in past seasons he tolerated many more excuses from his poundparticpant when they failed to lose weight/follow his plan.

This season he cuts to the chase and tells them flat out their behaviour is going to kill them.

He is old. the bullshit is old too - unfortunately I know !!!!!!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

She has to have the cleanest house we have seen.

For sure! Looks like a nice place too. Refreshing to see a mostly fully functioning adult on here for once. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Not grapes!!! The devil's fruit!

I wonder if Devil Dick 😈🍆 eats grapes? 
(Love After Lockup reference for those not in the know.)

Edited by hookedontv
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Late in tonight after some pot roast. Dang, this woman actually looks promising and honest so I really hope she's lost. 

Also as someone who quit a soda habit (and I don't drink coffee or tea or alcohol) I get how big an effort that is, so seriously, good on her.

• Love 5

And you are obviously not a food addict.  Be grateful.  Food never made me feel calm but it lifted depression.

Oh, I love to eat. I always said that the song "You're The Biggest Part of Me" was written about my ass.

• LOL 11
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes when you are very short the pounds show much quicker. 15lbs on someone who’s 4’11 isn’t the same as 15lbs on someone who’s 5’9. 

True.  I am 5'10" and 15 pounds gained or lost doesn't even translate to a full dress size change in me. 

• Love 2