Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05. Melissa M's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Hmmmm....chubby chaser or nice guy?

Maybe he wanted to be on TV and she wanted to have a free personal trainer/exercise buddy session.  Win-win.  Sometimes a date is just a pick-me-up when you are feeling down, I went on a couple after I lost my job simply because I needed a fresh set of ears to talk about my life.  

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 4
Just now, String Theory said:

Anyone want to guess what the scale will say at this visit?

Another 30 pounds or so lost (can't remember how much time she had this time, but I can't see her losing more than 10-15 pounds a month). 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Even the 1,000 pound sisters’ doctor in Atlanta would be closer for her than Dr Now. 

I live around two hours away from her and theres a doctor near here that could probably do it.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, aliya said:

I'm 67 w/co-morbidities. I am eligible for the 'senior shopping,' which they've brought back, as well as mandatory masks, even outside if you can't SD, until the end of MAY. I think things are not going well. During the height of the pandemic, I could get same day & free delivery. I did that a couple of times, but felt incredibly guilty. I live close to the store. I know that many people were terrified to go out, some are really infirm, live farther away, etc. Plus,  I'm LDS and had food and paper supplies. I was just filling in with fresh stuff. Every time I got a delivery, I felt I was taking it from someone else, especially at first when they were very short staffed for grocery pickers and delivery.

I don't get out much otherwise, so seeing people at the grocery is about the only time I am with humans. Church service has been shortened and we go by last names, but most of us still stay home. We have a lot of children in our ward. As in asymptomatic plague carrying children. Nope. Not going and haven't been since March. Even my son doesn't come by much and we still mask up when he does. I'm tired of this. I had planned to go to Scandinavia and now I can barely get out to get my diet Pepsi stash.

I view the food delivery as providing income to the Instacart employee.  Especially since there are no longer food shortages .... other than my husband's Hot Pockets.

• Love 5

Just like when you are in rehab and they tell you not to date fellow addicts or anyone new while you are trying to get healthy, the same thing applies here.  Her boyfriend will want to eat and she will want to make him happy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

My dad is on life support and I can’t see him but this is a nice distraction.  Lol I am watching this while drinking wine and eating chips.  I hope she gets the surgery.

So sorry about your dad.  I meant to tell you that Sunday on 90DF.

I can't imagine she will get it since it is so close to 10pm.   Unless they do something with the time line'

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

My dad is on life support and I can’t see him but this is a nice distraction.  Lol I am watching this while drinking wine and eating chips.  I hope she gets the surgery.

Hang in there. Sending hugs. 

2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

So sorry about your dad.   Hope he recovers.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

So sorry about your dad.  I meant to tell you that Sunday on 90DF.

I can't imagine she will get it since it is so close to 10pm.   Unless they do something with the time line'

Thanks! They want to start pulling him off so they feel he may recover so that is good. Brain injuries are always a waiting game. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I view the food delivery as providing income to the Instacart employee.  Especially since there are no longer food shortages .... other than my husband's Hot Pockets.

Same. I tip the shoppers lavishly and give them all great reviews. Everyone's been hit hard. And I get everything else, paper goods, cleaning supplies, HBA, delivered too. I go to Target and Boxed.com for everything. 

• Love 10

Dear Melissa,

I have been rooting for you from your very first excuse and admission that you have only slipped a few times.  please. Please. PLEASE, dump your boyfriend, ask Shay to come to Houston, and work on getting healthy before your ultimate death,

Much love,

umgoblue

Oh, no....hit submit too soon....

She has decided to stay in Florida and do it on her own.  She sounds like all of the other losers (not weight) when they have decided that they know best.  Le sigh.

Edited by umgoblue
  • Love 13

Oh man. I had such high hopes for her. Bummer. She's gotten a little taste of success and thinks she can do it on her own. Oh well. We'll see her next year having gained all the weight and then some begging for help. 

• Love 8
Just now, mmecorday said:

She's going to lunch with a guy she just met? What happened to Elijah?

It is Elijah.  

But I fail to hear excitement in his voice.   Maybe he is doing this just to be on TV or as a favor to Shay. 

• Love 2