Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05. Melissa M's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

Dr. Now is lowering the boom, but he needs to lighten up, 44 is a good start.

I agree, he has scheduled surgery for people with that weight loss. She looks like she is going to go the distance so I am not worried.

Dr. Paradise to the rescue

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that our first grandchild (due in June) is a boy.  Note to @aliya, I do not think there is a chance in hell they will name him Napoleon Tesla.

Ha! How about just 'Tesla'? Such an historic connection. What boy wouldn't be proud? 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Uh oh she said "I worked hard", kiss of death.

Though to be fair, she did actually do things like, you know, exercise and read the diet plan. Usually the subjects are just lying in bed, glumly gnawing on plain, unseasoned chicken and some watery green beans. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

My big worry for Melissa is that COVID will strike in the middle of her weight loss journey causing her to stall or fail.

Unless this is out of order I think we are in the “age of ‘Rona”. When she gets out of the van the first time at the airport she has a mask in her hand. Maybe super early because not everyone had a mask but then again it is Florida. 

Edited by spacefly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Her skin looks so much better. I bet she had a food sensitivity that caused her skin to go haywire. 

Wow, you are right.   Hopefully we see other improvements with her.

She is having a really profound reaction to speaking with Dr. Paradise.  I have my hopes up for her again!  

• Love 9

She appears to have a lot of books in her apartment. She should find an online book club where she can discuss books with other book lovers. She's obviously well spoken and can put her feelings into words in a way that doesn't sound scripted.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Congratulations!  

I gained 10 pounds since summer, 7 of them over the holidays.  3 of them are already gone but still have 12 to lose to get to my personal goal.  

My gym has a fancy machine. You stand barefoot on electrodes and hold electrodes In your hands. Afterwards the computer analyzes the data and prints out a recommendation. Mine said lose 50 pounds. At least it didn’t say one at a time.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Lola seems to have bailed this season. Maybe she ran out of wigs. 

Maybe Lola didn't want anymore poundticipants to have fake heart attacks in her office anymore. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I’m the same. When my marriage broke up I lost 25 pounds almost overnight. I just could not eat. 

Slowly raising hand in agreement.  I wouldn't recommend losing weight this way (35 lbs due to an ugly divorce + death of my parents within two weeks of each other) but whenever I'm super stressed the first thing to go is my appetite.

Yey!!! It's Dr. Paradise to the rescue!  He gave her some truly solid advice.  I'm still feeling hopeful for Melissa.

• Love 4

She looks like a beached whale when shown from this angle with that arm!   Or one of those giant sea turtles (I couldn't believe the guy at the aquarium when he said these babies weigh some 600 pounds. He told me to go down a level and see it from the side... from above they look flat, like little turtles you see running around, but they are really more like barrels).  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Her skin looks so much better. I bet she had a food sensitivity that caused her skin to go haywire. 

I'd bet my week's pay that it was a wheat allergy.  No carbs....no pasta, bread, cereal,or other wheat based things. Losing that allergen also accounts for lifting depression and the increased energy she mentioned. 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Useful 6
  • Love 7
Just now, String Theory said:

Yey!!! It's Dr. Paradise to the rescue!  He gave her some truly solid advice.  I'm still feeling hopeful for Melissa.

I was reading thru comments and missed his advice, other than telling her she could let go of feeling that she was a disappointment. Was there something else? 

1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

She appears to have a lot of books in her apartment. She should find an online book club where she can discuss books with other book lovers. She's obviously well spoken and can put her feelings into words in a way that doesn't sound scripted.

To be honest, I am finding it helpful to snark with my pals here and on Twitter. Maybe she'll find us!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suppose Dr. Paradise is right about getting out, but it still must be very scary to go out in public when you are so super, morbidly obese.   Is it worth it?  

He was also right about giving up criticism from your parents after their deaths. Dead hands should rule living ones.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

What happened to the required move to Houston?    I think I love her, I wish success for her more than I have to any poundicipant since the series began.   I have nothing snarky to say.  (Right now)

If she gets approved then she will have to move. This is the pre-approval requirement. 

She is starting to go to the pool!  That's exercise and being in public and doing new things.  She is really *doing* things, so I hope she gets approved for surgery and we see her continue to make progress. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, spacefly said:

Unless this is out of order I think we are in the “age of ‘Rona”. When she gets out of the van the first time at the airport she has a mask in her hand. Maybe super early because not everyone had a mask but then again it is Florida. 

I missed seeing the mask.  I just cringed when she was talking about isolating herself because all I could think was that social distancing and lockdown was on the way.   I know Florida lifted its restrictions earlier than anywhere else, but still....

• Love 3