Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How old is the guy?  I wonder if he’s having some early  cognitive decline.  Sometimes, it starts out with bizarre rantings and obsessiveness.  

I'd agree but Mr. Baio seemed as mindless when he was sixteen as he currently  does with 60 (or 61) right around the corner! 

• Love 5

Is it me, or does it seem like Steve Burns has to trot out this explanation every 3-5 years?

I think this one was a specific promo through Nick Jr. But also, last I heard, the popular theory was drugs so I guess he needs to say it until people believe him. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How old is the guy?  I wonder if he’s having some early  cognitive decline.  Sometimes, it starts out with bizarre rantings and obsessiveness.  

He'll be 61 on the 22nd. Seems a little early, but it's also hard to dispute your theory.

Just now, Blergh said:

I'd agree but Mr. Baio seemed as mindless when he was sixteen as he currently  does with 60 (or 61) right around the corner! 

Hmm, that's also possible!

Scott Baio is like your least favorite vegetable: horrible at any time of life! 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Bastet said:

Like her lawyer said about the filing of this petition, "it appears that Mr. Spears believes he can try to avoid accountability and justice, including sitting for a sworn deposition and answering other discovery under oath," hoping if it ends she'll just be happy she's free and won't pursue any claims she may have against him.  I don't think Daddy ought to count on that.

Thing is, Jamie Spears has a bond for $47 million (as proven in court filings.) Apparently what that means is that if he is found of wrongdoing (with Britney's money, etc.) he is responsible for/obligated to pay that back. But if the conservatorship ends, Jamie Spears is no longer held responsible for that bond money.

He's not filing to end the conservatorship out of any concern/love for Britney, let's put it that way.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Useful 12
  • Love 4
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

Wonder if her pro partner will have the walnuts to choreograph a number simulating rowing a boat.  Or something.  That'd be worth tuning in for.

I want nothing more at this moment than for that to happen. 

Oh, and Olivia Jade has to be wearing the neon green and white get-up Sean Spicer wore a few seasons back. I demand satisfaction, Dancing with the Stars!

• LOL 9
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I felt the same way about that former Olympic swimmer, Ryan Lochte(?), and he did pretty well, and hung around a few weeks, so the forgiving public will have the last word I guess.

Not to insult the DWTS cast, but it seems they really struggled to get applicants.  Which is understandable with covid.  I do hope The Masked Singer is faring a little better. 😋

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Not to insult the DWTS cast, but it seems they really struggled to get applicants.  Which is understandable with covid.  I do hope The Masked Singer is faring a little better. 😋

People make these types of comments damn near every season of this show. DWTS has the same type of casting they've always had - reality stars, former stars of yester-year, some people on the come-up and athletes. 

And many of the people who have appeared on The Masked Singer, already did DWTS because another factor regarding DWTS's casting is that they've been on the air for almost 20 years.

I mean didn't Nick Lachey just win The Masked Singer - because yeah, he's already been on DWTS as well. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

People make these types of comments damn near every season of this show. DWTS has the same type of casting they've always had - reality stars, former stars of yester-year, some people on the come-up and athletes. 

This. I don't know why people (speaking generally here) continue to act so shocked about the kinds of celebs this show pulls in after all this time.. Sure, there's been seasons where I didn't know most, if not all, of the contestants going in, and yet each season I still managed to find some along the way that I liked watching and rooted for. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Is it me, or does it seem like Steve Burns has to trot out this explanation every 3-5 years?

Well, this year is the 25th anniversary of the show; so yeah, every five years seems like it would come up in the media.

• Love 6

I could have sworn Mel C was already on DWTS. Amanda Kloots might be good. Isn't she trained as a dancer? Honestly, it seems like the same mix of general pop culture famous and very specific niche famous as most of the recent seasons.

3 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

I could have sworn Mel C was already on DWTS. Amanda Kloots might be good. Isn't she trained as a dancer? Honestly, it seems like the same mix of general pop culture famous and very specific niche famous as most of the recent seasons.

That was the other Spice Girls Mel. Mel B? She was with Maks and they got runner-up.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1

"Strictly is really the only one of those shows that I would consider and I have had a meeting with them - they ask me every year to do it," she told the Daily Star.

"The problem is if you do Strictly it's so high profile and you'll find yourself in the sidebar of shame every day. And the money's shit!"

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a810779/mel-c-has-turned-down-strictly-come-dancing-every-year-because-the-money-is-shit/

Idk... I guess I saw her on Buzzcocks so much I just assumed she did something like Strictly but I guess she's gone for appearances that are less of a time commitment.

• Useful 2

In regards to this whole John Mulaney situation, I really don't care. He is with someone who is not only close to him in age but older, they are both consenting adults, he didn't show anyone his junk, he didn't harass or rape anyone, no children were hurt(physically or mentally) & he isn't a antivax racist. So I will continue to enjoy him & his comedy. When he does one of the above, THEN it will be an issue for me. 

PS. I am not saying cheating(if he did) is cool but it's VERY low on the list of things someone deserves to be cancelled for. 

• Love 13

JoJo was actually already on the The Masked Singer. She didn't get anywhere near the finals. There's a non-zero chance they will have her perform to one of her own songs. ABC had a rundown on everyone on their news site and the Peleton guy was a former professional dancer, which is pretty egregious. Multiple people who are, or have been, on reality shows. At least nobody political this time.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I'll be curious to see how the viewers take to JoJo being partnered with another woman. I think that's going to be what makes or breaks her outcome on the show. DWTS audience(like Idol) seems very midwestern, religious, white & conservative. They are not big fans of the LGBTQ community. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I'll be curious to see how the viewers take to JoJo being partnered with another woman. I think that's going to be what makes or breaks her outcome on the show. DWTS audience(like Idol) seems very midwestern, religious, white & conservative. They are not big fans of the LGBTQ community. 

Well, I'm Midwestern and white and I'm on board with this pairing, and supportive of the LGBTQ community as a whole :). I hope this won't be a dealbreaker for her - I mean, considering some of the other people who've been on here in the past, who've actually done and said awful things, it'd be pretty sad if two women dancing were what upset some of the viewers the most. But go figure some people's priorities sometimes, I guess :/. 

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

Like all partnerships it's going to depend more on what woman pro she is paired with, not so much that it is a woman, and unfortunately the pro she got paired with - Jenna Johnson - is polarizing to put it mildly. 

• Love 2
On 9/7/2021 at 8:06 PM, merylinkid said:

BREAKING NEWS:   Britney's Father files to END Conservatorship.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/07/entertainment/britney-spears-conservatorship-petition-to-end/index.html

Just last month he was claiming she needed to be rehospitalized.   I  guess her getting her own lawyer made him realize his days of raiding her bank account are numbered.   However, she can still maintain a claim for misuse of funds during the time he was conservator.   

Perhaps. But I do wonder if this filing is two fold. Of course if it's removed, he's free and clear of being exposed of any wrongdoing. However, this could also be a gamble on his part to prove to the world that Britney indeed DOES need the conservatorship.

As you've stated, he's said she's been getting worse for months.  He knows the judge likely won't just end the conservatorship based on his request alone. They'll likely have to do a mental evaluation of Britney (something she has adamantly stated she does not want to do). If the court evaluates her and finds that she is unstable and in need of the conservatorship to continue Jamie will no doubt feel vindicated. 

Also, I find it interesting that Britney has not yet made a request to end the conservatorship herself. But perhaps her lawyers are advising the misuse of funds etc., is investigated and resolved first before making a request to end the conservatorship.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Enero said:

Perhaps. But I do wonder if this filing is two fold. Of course if it's removed, he's free and clear of being exposed of any wrongdoing. However, this could also be a gamble on his part to prove to the world that Britney indeed DOES need the conservatorship.

As you've stated, he's said she's been getting worse for months.  He knows the judge likely won't just end the conservatorship based on his request alone. They'll likely have to do a mental evaluation of Britney (something she has adamantly stated she does not want to do). If the court evaluates her and finds that she is unstable and in need of the conservatorship to continue Jamie will no doubt feel vindicated. 

Also, I find it interesting that Britney has not yet made a request to end the conservatorship herself. But perhaps her lawyers are advising the misuse of funds etc., is investigated and resolved first before making a request to end the conservatorship.

Tmz is saying exactly that. Jamie wants her to have the evaluation an s is gambling that she'll come running back when she fails.

6 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Excuse me. The Miz? THE MIZ? We are talking about that racist frat boy asshole from The Real World back in 2001, right?

They found the bottom of the barrel, busted through and went even lower.

At this point, it's not like Dancing with the Stars would be above casting someone whose claim to fame was being on The Real World two decades ago, but The Miz has been in the WWE for 15 years or so. Next to Olivia Jade and the Peleton instructor, he counts as one of the bigger stars in this season's cast. He's got to be way up there in the list of most successful ex-Real Worlders, along with Karamo and Jamie Chung. 

Re: the John Mulaney/Olivia Munn news, that's a lot of upheaval/change for them in such a short time, but the kid's on the way, so I'm hoping for the best. My heart aches for his ex-wife, though.

In other celebrity baby news, JLaw: 

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 6
On 9/4/2021 at 7:47 AM, letter8358 said:

Disney legend Haley Mills discusses her time on Disney and how she was offered Lolita, but forced to turned it down

I've heard tales of child actors losing their earnings due to greedy parents or blowing it themselves after reaching the age to withdraw  money in trust.  But Hayley Mills is the first I've heard of whose trust fund money was there but subsequently lost to an extremely high tax rate.  

Edited by MissAlmond
8 hours ago, bobalina said:

Tmz is saying exactly that. Jamie wants her to have the evaluation an s is gambling that she'll come running back when she fails.

BWAAHAHHHAAAA.   Like Britney is going to go "Oh wait, I still need a conservatorship, guess you might as well leave my dad there."   her request to remove him is still pending.   The court can consider all the petitions at once.    The court can decide she might still need a conservator AND still remove him.    He's taking a BIG GAMBLE.    

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

But Hayley Mills is the first I've heard of whose trust fund money was there but subsequently lost to an extremely high tax rate.  

I had known the UK had a horrendous tax rate back then but didn't realize how bad it was until I read a biography of Agatha Christie recently.  According to this biographer the tax situation for her was horrible and she ended up leaving a much smaller estate than you would expect from someone who was (and still is) one of the world's best selling novelists!

• Useful 14
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Sounds like perfect timing for a new relationship and baby.  This may say more about the girlfriend than him. Best wishes for the baby. 

Yeah, Olivia Munn was Messy before her relationship with John, and I am side-eying her now.  I get that she is now 41 and wants a baby, but there are other options available to her that do not have her diving into a relationship with a man fresh out of rehab.  

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

That's what I say every year about DWTS!! 😂

I don't even watch DWTS but when I saw Olivia Jade's name I thought are you fucking kidding me. I'm not sure who would have been the worse choice. Her or her mother.

• Love 17
53 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I don't even watch DWTS but when I saw Olivia Jade's name I thought are you fucking kidding me. I'm not sure who would have been the worse choice. Her or her mother.

I'd say that Miss Giannulli is the worse of the two  possible choices since her mother Miss Laughlin at least does possess some talent  and charm  . But since I've never bothered to watch that show, it's a bit of a moot point for me. However , (unless they each do sincere mea culpas for their past actions),  I genuinely  hope no one else decides to have her or that The Miz character featured in   any productions after this.

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Enero said:

Britney’s attorney is likely trying to please his client…..but he may not have the evidence to actually prove his case.  I just realized that he hasn’t filed to terminate the conservatorship. Her last attorney didn’t either…..and she got upset about that.  It would seem upon looking into things more fully……the new lawyer sees that there are issues.  It’s a slippery slope having to sign off on a legal pleading as an attorney, if you know it’s unfounded.  Hmmmm…..Her dad seems to be taking a gamble.  I do not believe he means what’s he’s saying about terminating it without an evaluation.  Odd.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

I've heard tales of child actors losing their earnings due to greedy parents or blowing it themselves after reaching the age to withdraw  money in trust.  But Hayley Mills is the first I've heard of whose trust fund money was there but subsequently lost to an extremely high tax rate.  

The Olsen twins had huge trust funds when they turned  18. So did a lot of lesser kids actors who just never spoke of it publicly.

• Love 2

British tax laws are why the Beatles wrote Taxman.

George Harrison wrote "Taxman" at a time when the Beatles discovered they were in a financially precarious position. In April 1966, a report from the London accountancy firm Bryce, Hammer, Isherwood & Co. advised them that despite the group's immense success, "Two of you are close to being bankrupt, and the other two could soon be."[4] In his 1980 autobiography, I, Me, Mine, Harrison says: "'Taxman' was when I first realised that even though we had started earning money, we were actually giving most of it away in taxes; it was and still is typical." As their earnings placed them in the top tax bracket in the United Kingdom, the Beatles were liable to a 95% supertax introduced by Harold Wilson's Labour government; hence the lyric "There's one for you, nineteen for me".

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Dejana said:

he John Mulaney/Olivia Munn news, that's a lot of upheaval/change for them in such a short time, but the kid's on the way, so I'm hoping for the best.

A lot of change.  I know John's getting a lot of "aww shucks" love from his interview with Seth with the way he pokes fun at his crazy year and credits Olivia and his baby with saving him from himself post-rehab. 

But I found that last bit especially cringey.  I guess having a baby might inspire him to do better but parents take care of their children. It's a lot to put the responsibility of one's sobriety on their child. 

And, frankly, it's a lot for a partner too but Olivia's an adult so she can make her own questionable decisions.

14 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yeah, Olivia Munn was Messy before her relationship with John, and I am side-eying her now.  I get that she is now 41 and wants a baby, but there are other options available to her that do not have her diving into a relationship with a man fresh out of rehab.  

Rumor has it that the relationship began pre-rehab.  So there's that? 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Britney’s attorney is likely trying to please his client…..but he may not have the evidence to actually prove his case.  I just realized that he hasn’t filed to terminate the conservatorship. Her last attorney didn’t either…..and she got upset about that.  It would seem upon looking into things more fully……the new lawyer sees that there are issues.  It’s a slippery slope having to sign off on a legal pleading as an attorney, if you know it’s unfounded.  Hmmmm…..Her dad seems to be taking a gamble.  I do not believe he means what’s he’s saying about terminating it without an evaluation.  Odd.  

One step at a time.   I can see her attorney addressing the immediate problem -- getting dad out of the conservatorship.   THEN they can address the bigger problem of whether the conservatorship is even needed.    Because that is going to take a lot more effort and take longer.   During which, if her dad was still conservator he would be looting her assets before the gravy train ends.    I'm sure the attorney explained all this to Britney.   At least she KNOWS its a possibility to end it.   

• Love 6

I watched his conversation with Seth and was uncomfortable with how dependent John seems to be on Olivia and how he seemed to be crediting her with “saving” him.  It felt like he just exchanged one dependency for another.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

Oh, that'll end well I'm sure.

Phil Collins can 'barely hold' drum sticks.

The musician, who is 70, appeared on BBC Breakfast with his Genesis band members to promote the group's reunion tour, and Collins said his son, Nic Collins, will be drumming with the band going forward....

He admitted that he'd love to be up there playing with his son, saying, "I'm kind of physically challenged a bit which is very frustrating because I'd love to be playing up there with my son." Instead, he will will sing with the band.

When this upcoming tour, delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic, ends, Collins isn't sure if he'll be touring any longer.