Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I don't know much about Kaley Cuoco but I do think celebrities tend to be very effusive... until they're not. Everyone is "the love of my life." Each time they say "I've finally found what I've been looking for." I still remember Sutton Foster thanking Bobby Cannavale in her Tony's speech.

I don't think that's just celebs.  I think people in love can be super high on who they're dating until they're not.  They just happen to have more of a public platform to rave instead of just pestering their girlfriends with how great the person is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I adore Hayley Mills. I just watched the ep of love Boat with her, her sister Juliet and their dad John all playing characters. Love that whole family. My favorite Hayley movie is actually The Trouble with Angels. She plays a little terror in that one. lol But really, I've not seen a movie of hers I haven't liked. I'd love to read her book. Yay

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think that's just celebs.  I think people in love can be super high on who they're dating until they're not.  They just happen to have more of a public platform to rave instead of just pestering their girlfriends with how great the person is.

A long time ago I had a subscription to People, and would take the issues to work after I finished them.     A co-worker had a nook in her desk, and she had stashed a few issues to read later, but never did.   I bet it was at least five years later when she found them again.  All of the celebrites who found their soul mate, and were never going to divorce, were divorced, and many had at least one other soul mate since.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Number 3 for me. Hayley Mills is one of the best child actors ever. Pollyanna is a damn masterpiece.

God, it's been so long since I've seen that movie. I loved that one when I was little. That and the original Parent Trap - I remember going to my grandma's house on the weekends when I was a kid and we'd sit and watch those movies together constantly :). I've also seen the original Parent Trap with my mom as well, in large part 'cause she's told me about how Brian Keith was one of her first big crushes :D. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, letter8358 said:

Sounds more like he is ashamed that he did it in public than that he was yelling at his silent wife because he was upset over something that she had nothing to do with. It also says a lot that he had the presence of mind to realize how being taken off in handcuffs would impact his career and control himself but not to stop yelling at his wife. 

A couple of years ago he was on Anna Faris’ podcast and he went on a bizarre tangent about is ex-wife. He came off as weirdly obsessive and extremely disrespectful of his current wife. His mea culpa rings hollow. 

Edited by Guest

I agree there’s something about Stephen Amell I could never warm to. He booked the spot on Michaels podcast literally right after  the incident which is fair enough as he wanted to controL the damage but the apology wasn’t really about his wife so much as it was about him. 

I think his ego will be his downfall. I could see him falling out with a lot of people over it. People he needs more then they need him. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, letter8358 said:

She was up for Rogue, but wanted to do more serious and non greenscreen roles. Perhaps it's for the best. She's shorter than Anna Paquin. It would be tricky to get both her and Hugh Jackman in the same shot.

It's only a short article, but that's not the only interesting thing. One director told her to lose weight, and claimed he told her male costar the same. Furthermore, her agent got her to send Harvey Weinstein a get well card when he was in hospital, though later possibly protected her from Weinstein's ways.

Considering those two bits of trivia, I wonder what other dodgy experiences she's had.

As for X-Men, it seems like a relatively even trade as I don't think Rachael Leigh Cook or Anna Paquin sell Southern all that well. 

I haven't seen her in many roles but it feels like she could have had a bigger career. Then again, there are a lot of pretty brunette actresses... Amanda Peet, Michelle Monaghan, Carrie-Ann Moss, Cobie Smulders... and a lot of the time it seems they have to start producing because past a certain age, it's increasingly unlikely they'll be given roles that showcase the acting potential they were never able to display in their 20s and 30s. It's not a fair game. Why do Katie Holmes and Mandy Moore keep getting roles? I'll never know.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Don’t you compare Mandy to Katie Holmes! Mandy can actually act! 😜

Amen! 

In all seriousness, watching Josie and the Pussycats a few years ago, I found Rachael Lee Cook rather bland (I mean, for God's sake, friggin' Tara Reid outshone her). I'm really not surprised her star didn't rise after that.

Anna Paquin is a good actress, but I think the way Rogue was written in those movies, no one could have made her interesting. The feisty, complex badass from the comics and '90s cartoon became a colorless little ninny who couldn't even work a damn seatbelt.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Anduin said:

She was up for Rogue, but wanted to do more serious and non greenscreen roles. Perhaps it's for the best. She's shorter than Anna Paquin. It would be tricky to get both her and Hugh Jackman in the same shot.

On the other hand the X-Men movies, especially after the first one and especially DoFP, probably paid way better than whatever she was doing at the same time.

4 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Why do Katie Holmes and Mandy Moore keep getting roles? I'll never know.

Katie Holmes gets all the roles? The most recent thing I can think of that she was in was Batman Begins and that came out 16 years ago.

• Love 4

tbh, it's hard to name a bunch of forgettable brunette actresses... because you forget about them. You could throw in Alexis Bledel, but she's having a comeback. Lily Collins had Emily in Paris. Alexandra Daddario was in White Lotus. I don't think Jessica Biel is doing anything.

Putting aside the actresses who are unquestionably talented, I just think it's interesting who keeps getting chances until they find the right role and who just disappears. 

• Love 6
On 9/5/2021 at 8:01 AM, merylinkid said:

as for natural, botululism toxin is a naturally occuring thing.   Just like hemlock and belladona are natural.    

This is my soapbox:   natural does not mean safe or healthy.

Or chicken pox or salmonella.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

20 hours ago, aradia22 said:

tbh, it's hard to name a bunch of forgettable brunette actresses... because you forget about them. You could throw in Alexis Bledel, but she's having a comeback. Lily Collins had Emily in Paris. Alexandra Daddario was in White Lotus. I don't think Jessica Biel is doing anything.

Putting aside the actresses who are unquestionably talented, I just think it's interesting who keeps getting chances until they find the right role and who just disappears. 

Geena Davis, Emma Stone, Mindy Kaling, Sandra Bullock.

• Love 5

BREAKING NEWS:   Britney's Father files to END Conservatorship.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/07/entertainment/britney-spears-conservatorship-petition-to-end/index.html

Just last month he was claiming she needed to be rehospitalized.   I  guess her getting her own lawyer made him realize his days of raiding her bank account are numbered.   However, she can still maintain a claim for misuse of funds during the time he was conservator.   

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
51 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I  guess her getting her own lawyer made him realize his days of raiding her bank account are numbered.   However, she can still maintain a claim for misuse of funds during the time he was conservator.   

Like her lawyer said about the filing of this petition, "it appears that Mr. Spears believes he can try to avoid accountability and justice, including sitting for a sworn deposition and answering other discovery under oath," hoping if it ends she'll just be happy she's free and won't pursue any claims she may have against him.  I don't think Daddy ought to count on that.

• Love 23

I guess Mr. Spears saw that there was simply too much smoke seen by too many folks outside their circles for him to keep pretending that he'd done nothing but positive actions during the conservatorship of Miss Spears.  Maybe someone pointed out that all the monies he has already obtained via that  position   would be enough for him to live quite cushy the rest of his life - AND that all the fees to legal eagles,etc. who just tell him what he wants to hear for $$$$ are doing nothing but draining his income with little or zero chance of him prevailing in the long run. 

• Love 4

From the linked article above.. I wonder how his ex wife is taking it? Was the split amicable?

"I packed a lot into this... Is it September now? I went to rehab in September, I got out in October, I moved out of my home from my ex-wife [Anna Marie Tendler]..."[\quote]

Edited by Avabelle
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

His time line seems off. The links I read said he went into rehab the end of December last year.  He and wife announced divorce in May of this year. Hmmm…..

Per his interview on Seth Meyers he went to rehab twice in September and December and his relapse occurred sometime after Halloween. He said he moved out of the home he shared with Anna in October after his first trip to rehab and was in sober living after the second trip which would have finished in either March or April. The divorce announcement may just have been about waiting for him to be out of rehab and sober living. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Per his interview on Seth Meyers he went to rehab twice in September and December and his relapse occurred sometime after Halloween. He said he moved out of the home he shared with Anna in October after his first trip to rehab and was in sober living after the second trip which would have finished in either March or April. The divorce announcement may just have been about waiting for him to be out of rehab and sober living. 

Sounds like perfect timing for a new relationship and baby.  This may say more about the girlfriend than him. Best wishes for the baby. 

• Love 11

I tuned into Seth Meyers to see Regina Hall speak about Nine Perfect Strangers and lo and behold John Mulaney was there instead to talk for I think, 3 separate segments about his drug problem!

(Regina finally came on at the end.)

Mulaney came on Seth's show sometime last year, and after that, Seth and apparently a bunch of other comedians staged an intervention with a professional interventionist.  

Mulaney also brought up that he first met Olivia Munn at Seth's wedding, which was in 2013.  😐

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
On 9/4/2021 at 6:23 PM, Mabinogia said:

My favorite Hayley movie is actually The Trouble with Angels. She plays a little terror in that one. lol

One of my favs as well.  I have to get out the DVD once in a while and re-watch. (Mary Clancy: 'I've got a scathingly brilliant idea!)

• Love 4

First, why is "the whale" a thing??? Second, Vegas is so chaotic. It's like they're battling with Texas and Florida but Vegas has the benefit of celebrities. 

I'm sure there is some PR softening to John Mulaney's version of events but I'm also inclined to believe the basic timeline is mostly accurate. It still would have been devastating to his ex-wife and it is still strange that he connected with Olivia Munn right out of sober living. But the interview conveyed what a tumultuous time it was, especially with his pretty quick relapse.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, letter8358 said:

Scott Baio just pulled out the race card: "Now try to paint me as a racist"

What do you expect? He's from Bensonhurst, for God's sakes! Let's face it! He is pissed because Henry Wrinkler and Ron Howard have steady careers and he has D-list status. Just keep on going downhill and join Kirstie Alley on the crazy train while you're there. 

Um, Mr. Baio, YOU are the one who brought up that candidate's ethnicity. [facepalm]

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Baio really needs to just stop talking. 

How old is the guy?  I wonder if he’s having some early  cognitive decline.  Sometimes, it starts out with bizarre rantings and obsessiveness.  

• Useful 6