Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

His only miscalculation is that those of us who had no idea who he was and might have thought "oh jeeze not Ryan Reynolds he's one of the good guys" are instead reading up on who Miller is and what he's done.  The Internet has a long memory TJ!

That is exactly what I did. My opinion of Ryan hasn't changed but now I know TJ Miller and am not interested in ever seeing him again. Good job TJ!

• Love 6

Congrats to her. They seem smitten. I wish for her sake she’d stop over sharing every aspect of her relationships though. It feels like only last year she was gushing over the ex husband. Gurl loves love.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I'm surprised by the annual income from residuals.  I wouldn't have thought that her body of work would generate that much.  Ignorance on my part.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Anne Heche only had about $400,000 to her name when she died.

That's merely the oldest son's current "best estimate" of the total value of her personal property.  He and the other kid's dad are arguing in court over a guardian ad litem and who will be administrator of the estate, so his "understanding" of what the estate "generally consists of" is as far as anyone has gotten in a filing when it comes to the value of the estate.  The actual value could be significantly different.

• Like 6
49 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That's merely the oldest son's current "best estimate" of the total value of her personal property.  He and the other kid's dad are arguing in court over a guardian ad litem and who will be administrator of the estate, so his "understanding" of what the estate "generally consists of" is as far as anyone has gotten in a filing when it comes to the value of the estate.  The actual value could be significantly different.

I feel for both of her sons, who are probably trying to make sense of their mothers' life and death. I hope people around them are showing them grace.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Avabelle said:

It feels like only last year she was gushing over the ex husband. Gurl loves love.

He's the same. He was dating a costar on Guiding Light and they were SO in your face about it (and this was pre social media as it is today). When they broke up he said he'd never be that open about his partners again and was really gun shy because of it. Many years later, he seems to have forgotten that lesson. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, FancyRhubarb said:

He's the same. He was dating a costar on Guiding Light and they were SO in your face about it (and this was pre social media as it is today). When they broke up he said he'd never be that open about his partners again and was really gun shy because of it. Many years later, he seems to have forgotten that lesson. 

I didn't remember who he was until  your post.  I remember him on GL and I remember he was involved with his costar but doing a quick google search I find out he was involved with another costar as well.  I always thought he was a good actor but something always seemed a little off.   

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

She has a soap that's still syndicated.

Is it really? I haven't seen or heard of any P&G soaps (which Another World was one of) being in syndication for years. Isn't the rumor - or is it conspiracy theory? - the company hid all their surviving soap episodes in a vault? 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Is it really? I haven't seen or heard of any P&G soaps (which Another World was one of) being in syndication for years. Isn't the rumor - or is it conspiracy theory? - the company hid all their surviving soap episodes in a vault? 

Neither have I. Moreover, I'd be curious to know how much soap actors make (if anything) if episodes in which they acted are re-aired. I would imagine they don't make nearly as much money as primetime actors make when their shows go into syndication. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

It's disgusting how many people working in law enforcement agencies and hospitals have TMZ on their speed dial, ready to let them know any time a celebrity has a medical emergency.

Brandy's Twitter post:

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 10
On 10/10/2022 at 7:57 PM, WritinMan said:

T.J. Miller says he'll never work with Ryan Reynolds again

https://ew.com/movies/deadpool-3-tj-miller-will-never-work-with-ryan-reynolds-again/

Hate to break the news to you, dumbass, but Reynolds already made that decision for you a few years ago when Deadpool 2 came out.

Nice job trying to spin the story, though.

Ryan and the rest of us are getting Hugh Jackman instead for the next movie. I think we're good.

Hugh Jackman Idea GIF by AbsoluteRadio

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I didn't remember who he was until  your post.  I remember him on GL and I remember he was involved with his costar but doing a quick google search I find out he was involved with another costar as well.  I always thought he was a good actor but something always seemed a little off.   

He was always a bit over the top.  I think it was his first relationship that was super public, IIRC.  I recall them doing a soap spread about their relationship pretty early on and then a short time later he had left her and got with the other costar.  That was a fun time in fandom because it was a love triangle both on and off screen with the same players. It took fan wars to a whole new level.

10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I think the headline is misleading (not your fault) in that it seems like it's exclusively related to their claim to their mother's estate.  Since Atlas is a minor, Homer is the legal guardian to make the decisions on behalf of the estate but I believe his father is Atlas's legal guardian.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Since Atlas is a minor, Homer is the legal guardian to make the decisions on behalf of the estate but I believe his father is Atlas's legal guardian.

Yes, it's only that he lost his petition to be appointed as Atlas's guardian ad litem in the probate case.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Ailianna said:

While I understand that this isn't a lot of money compared to people like Ellen Degeneris, it's really difficult for me to feel bad for anyone who has that kind of money. Not in any way related to her death (which is many kinds of tragedy), but in general. The majority of Americans would be ecstatic to have "only" $400,000.

Similarly, while I agree Brittany Griner was targeted and her imprisonment is an injustice, the arguments I keep hearing that she "had" to play in Russia because in the US she was "only" making $2 million a year. No one needs more than $2 million a year to live. 

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

• Love 3
On 10/12/2022 at 8:14 PM, Ailianna said:

While I understand that this isn't a lot of money compared to people like Ellen Degeneris, it's really difficult for me to feel bad for anyone who has that kind of money. Not in any way related to her death (which is many kinds of tragedy), but in general. The majority of Americans would be ecstatic to have "only" $400,000.

Similarly, while I agree Brittany Griner was targeted and her imprisonment is an injustice, the arguments I keep hearing that she "had" to play in Russia because in the US she was "only" making $2 million a year. No one needs more than $2 million a year to live. 

If my dad "only" had $400,000 to his name, he could retire. That's a lot of money. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11

Hailey Bieber looks a good 15 years older than Justin.  She's going to be the reason a plastic surgeon gets a new Ferrari, even though she's very pretty.  She won't take to aging well. 

Julia in her upscale-nun rig just can't seem to get it right.  

And I agree, Olivia needs to take a time-out.  She's overkill in see-through sparkles.

Alicia & Emma looked ridiculous in those black clown get-ups.   

So many bad choices, not enough words. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Fire 3
On 10/12/2022 at 7:08 PM, Bastet said:

It's disgusting how many people working in law enforcement agencies and hospitals have TMZ on their speed dial, ready to let them know any time a celebrity has a medical emergency.

Brandy's Twitter post:

Happy to hear from Brandy of course, sad about your post about TMZ, that makes me so angry!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Maybe that is a new trend.  Looking bad. Kinda like the ugly Christmas sweater thing.

I thought Selena Gomez looked lovely.

Yes, she did.  Elegant, polished and age appropriate in a classy and flattering outfit.  That was the exception to a LOT of bad "fashion".  Hundreds of thousands of dollars, and those people can't even see past the flattery of their minions, I imagine.  As we've all said before, money can't buy taste!

• Love 5
On 10/16/2022 at 12:27 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

The looks from the Academy Museum Gala.  Some really get it, others ...

Olivia-Wilde-Hailey-Bieber-honoree-Julia-Roberts-lead-stars-Academy-Museum-Gala

I am not a fan of see-through fashion. I think it reeks of trying way too hard, but a see-through dress with clearly visible shoulder pads? WTF! That just looks rediculous. 

I agree with those who said Selena looks good. That is a nice classic look that accentuates the fact that she's got a beautiful face rather than having to show off various parts of her body to get attention.

Some of those outfits? are...something. They just remind me of the Emperors New Clothes, where rich people will wear anything if someone tells them it's "in". I can't help but feel like there are a group of stylists laughing their asses off somewhere while they count the money they conned these stars out of. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9

The Hailey Bieber look seems indicative of a very specific kind of ruching that's becoming trendy again. See also: Kerry Washington, Kaia Gerber

I'm not a fan of the see-through gown either. Sheer fabric should be used sparingly and thoughtfully. The pink feathers just make it more confused.

Not my vibe, but I don't hate Emma Stone's look. It just doesn't match the severe hair and restrained makeup. It ages her rather than elevating the youthful outfit.

Jurnee's dress is weird and Diana Silvers looks like she wrapped toilet paper around her waist. Audrey Hepburn my foot.

I like Alexandra Daddario's look but she will forever be unmemorable. WHO DID THAT TO KEKE PALMER? Outrageous.

Lily Collins' gown is weirdly thrift shop. She usually dresses better.

Selma Blair looked great. I hope she's doing okay. 

Sophie and Joe were a lot and very FASHION but in a way that worked. 

I LOVED Michelle Yeoh's look. That is how you incorporate some sheer fabric.

Haim wore the most ridiculous outfits I've seen in a while.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I like three of the floor length red ones (Eliza Gonzalez, Nina Garcia and Jay Ellis' wife) and Mindy Kaling.   The rest are either ok, or downright odd.

We definitely don't have to question Nina Garcia's taste level.  But she is getting a bit mature for the cleavage-down-to-the-navel look.  You're ok for now, but not much longer, Nina.  You aren't Heidi Klum!  *LOL*

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

We definitely don't have to question Nina Garcia's taste level.  But she is getting a bit mature for the cleavage-down-to-the-navel look.  You're ok for now, but not much longer, Nina.  You aren't Heidi Klum!  *LOL*

We? Heidi can’t pull it off either, imo. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

Patti LuPone seems to have given up on Broadway. This is a Big Deal in the theater world.

Three-time Tony winner Patti LuPone has given up her membership in theatrical union Actors' Equity Association, according to a tweet the Company star posted October 17.

"Quite a week on Broadway, seeing my name being bandied about. Gave up my Equity card; no longer part of that circus. Figure it out,"...

Membership in Equity is, in nearly all cases, required to perform on Broadway and at many professional theatres across the United States. Dropping her membership in the union likely signals the end of LuPone's professional stage career in the U.S., though it would not hinder her ability to appear in concert and cabaret performances nor non-union productions. The move would not prevent LuPone re-joining the union in the future should she choose to, and she could also perform in union productions via a seldom-used provision that allows non-members to pay nominal dues to cover the union's contract administration without becoming a full member.

• Useful 9
5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I don’t blame her.

She's at a level and point in her career where she can do whatever she wants.  I love her acting, so maybe it's back to TV when she feels like it.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, vibeology said:

The good Olivia provides: Her Special Salad Dressing Recipe It seems rather basic to me.

Her snark and humor at posting that as a response to that disgusting nanny. I don't know what's true or not or her motives. I don't know if Olivia is a bad person or not. But she had no right to air (or make up) other people's dirty laundry to the world when there's children involved and I have nothing but disdain for her. 

• Love 2
On 10/17/2022 at 7:54 PM, Popples said:

I also read that after an apology, Corden was forgiven and allowed back.  But,  I’m wondering if this was well deserved.  Is Corden known for being rude in public? I don’t watch his show or follow him.   It seems one incident was regarding the egg yolk omelette that Corden’s wife ordered that wasn’t right.  I mean, maybe it’s picky to not want any egg white in it, but to me, if you’re paying $27.00 for your dish, it’s ok to insist it’s right.  I got the $27.00 price from their menu.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/18/entertainment/james-corden-new-york-restaurant

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I read a Reddit story that a waiter said James Cordon was with a bunch of friends including Harry Styles. They said James was really rude but Harry was really nice to the wait staff. They didn't know why Harry is friends with James and tolerate his behavior. So yes, James has a bit of a reputation for being rude. But perhaps he's a perfectionist or have off days?

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 3