Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

On 11/1/2022 at 6:04 PM, Cinnabon said:
On 11/1/2022 at 4:57 PM, Crashcourse said:

I remember reading speculation about Heidi Klum and Seal that one of the reasons for their divorce was that he was tired of doing the extravagant, over the top Halloween parties every year.  I can believe that.

I don’t blame him. She’s almost as much of a thirsty try-hard as the Kartrashians.

If one of the reasons my husband wanted to divorce me was because I enjoyed throwing a Halloween party that happens ONCE a year, I’d laugh in his face and tell him to have at it. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I do not understand adults who like to shit on other adults for celebrating Halloween.

• Like 3
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

I heard another reason for Heidi and Seal's divorce was because he was sick of renewing their wedding vows every year. Or was that another couple?

But I like the Halloween theory better. That's hilarious.

I find that most couples who do renewals of vows usually get divorced. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

I heard another reason for Heidi and Seal's divorce was because he was sick of renewing their wedding vows every year. Or was that another couple?

But I like the Halloween theory better. That's hilarious.

I heard that, too, so I think it was a combination of wedding vow renewals and the Halloween stuff that was too much for him.  

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, PepSinger said:

If one of the reasons my husband wanted to divorce me was because I enjoyed throwing a Halloween party that happens ONCE a year, I’d laugh in his face and tell him to have at it. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I do not understand adults who like to shit on other adults for celebrating Halloween.

Same! My family and friends aren’t big on Halloween for the most part, so I kind of wish I had a Heidi type as a friend. Lol She’s rich and can go all out. Why not? 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Same! My family and friends aren’t big on Halloween for the most part, so I kind of wish I had a Heidi type as a friend. Lol She’s rich and can go all out. Why not? 

I don't know.  It sounds fun, But I know people who plan their costume for 6 months or more.  It reminds me of those people who celebrate their birthday month rather than just the actual day, or even the weekend.  I think we don't know how exhausting it can be until we're up close.  Just my theory 😄 Also maybe some people feel like Halloween is for children and if Heidi is spending so much time and money on herself..... are her kids having fun?

Sorry but I was a major fan of Seal's music growing up so I really am biased and want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm trying to Google this and the first result says Heidi left Seal because of his temper so now I'm really going to look foolish 😄

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I heard that, too, so I think it was a combination of wedding vow renewals and the Halloween stuff that was too much for him.  

My guess is if this is all true, it was less specifically about Halloween and vow renewals and more about feeling like he was a prop in the relationship in general and those events just magnified it. Because if it was an otherwise happy relationship, I have a hard time seeing how a once-a-year party would be the breaking point. 

I'm pretty neutral on Halloween--I never celebrated as a kid, and the 2 times I dressed up for it as an adult were not overwhelming successes (the first time, 2/3 of the group forgot their costume, which made mine make no sense, and the second time I had an ill-advised mustache that took off skin.) But I appreciate the energy of my friends who are super into it. If I were in a relationship with someone who was very into Halloween, I'm not going to say I'd be volunteering to be part of a couple's costume, but I also wouldn't be filing divorce papers over it either. 

2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It reminds me of those people who celebrate their birthday month rather than just the actual day, or even the weekend.

I do this jokingly because I'm a Leo. 😂 I don't actually expect anyone to do it, but my dad plays along by wishing me a happy birth month in a monotone voice for all of August. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm trying to Google this and the first result says Heidi left Seal because of his temper so now I'm really going to look foolish 😄

While I can understand her divorcing him because of his temper, I can also understand him losing his temper because perhaps he was exhausted with her.   

• LOL 5
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I do this jokingly because I'm a Leo. 😂 I don't actually expect anyone to do it, but my dad plays along by wishing me a happy birth month in a monotone voice for all of August. 

Awe, what a good Dad, reluctantly indulging his little angel's narcissism. lol (I kid. I wouldn't knock any excuse to celebrate.)

Personally, I love Halloween because I love playing dress up or being different characters. I also love spooky/haunty stuff and grew up on The Addams Family so if I had Heidi's money my house would be full on decorated like the Addams' house, with giant (fake) stuffed bear and a leg sticking out of a sharks head on the wall and a noose as a bell ringer, oh, and a giant cauldron in the kitchen that I would fill with yummy soup all winter. Yeah, Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. The fact that it is in my favorite season and also completely candy based doesn't hurt. 

As to Heidi and Seal, while I do love Heidi and think she seems like a lot of fun, she also seems like she'd be kind of exhausting to be around all the time. And Seal always struck me as way more mellow and less flashy/showy/look at MEEEEE, so I always thought they split just because they weren't all that compatible for the long term. While opposites do attract, it can take a lot of work and compromise to make it last. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Donald Faison’s daughter is adorable! He’s still pretty cute himself.

I didn’t realize going all out on Halloween would be a relationship dealbreaker, with a supermodel at that! 

Heidi must be exhausting every other day of the year as well, imo. 

8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Yes, it's nice she is putting in more effort than just trying to do a sexy version of _________.

This I agree with wholeheartedly. 

Edited by Cinnabon
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't know.  It sounds fun, But I know people who plan their costume for 6 months or more.  It reminds me of those people who celebrate their birthday month rather than just the actual day, or even the weekend.  I think we don't know how exhausting it can be until we're up close.  Just my theory 😄 Also maybe some people feel like Halloween is for children and if Heidi is spending so much time and money on herself..... are her kids having fun?

Sorry but I was a major fan of Seal's music growing up so I really am biased and want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not one of those people, just wish I could celebrate it more. I stopped celebrating as a child very young. I felt too old at around 10 or so. Then years of depression/anxiety/pandemic/no one who'd get into it with me. I think putting on a silly or even sexy costume sounds fun! (I don't have the energy for a huge project of a costume nor want to be half-naked.) Also love candy, horror movies, all of it. Hopefully Heidi makes sure her kids have a blast too. 

I don't know a ton about Seal. Heidi seems like a nice lady in interviews, but I haven't followed her super closely either. 

Don't feel bad! There are so many stories, hard to keep up with them all. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 4
  • Love 1
Just now, RealHousewife said:

I'm not one of those people, just wish I could celebrate it more. I stopped celebrating as a child very young. I felt too old at around 10 or so. Then years of depression/anxiety/pandemic/no one who'd get into it with me. I think putting on a silly or even sexy costume sounds fun! (I don't have the energy for a huge project of a costume nor want to be half-naked.) Also love candy, horror movies, all of it. Hopefully Heidi makes sure her kids have a blast too. 

I think this is the first year I didn't do a costume.  Even through lonely years or the pandemic I still made sure to do some kind of pop culture costume.  I've taken pictures of myself and posted them, or got a neighbour friend to help me out.  It feels funny to not do it anymore but every year before this one I was thinking, this has got to be the last year! 😄

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think this is the first year I didn't do a costume.  Even through lonely years or the pandemic I still made sure to do some kind of pop culture costume.  I've taken pictures of myself and posted them, or got a neighbour friend to help me out.  It feels funny to not do it anymore but every year before this one I was thinking, this has got to be the last year! 😄

I love that you always did something even if you weren't out partying! Do what feels right for you though. :) I understand wanting to dress up and transform, and I understand not wanting to bother since really good costumes can be a lot of work. 

Heidi clearly doesn't mind. lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

That is a really good article. It’s true celebs do not owe us their sexuality or gender identity, and forcing people to “come out” is gross and hurtful. 

This is what REALLY gives me pause about the insistence that queer characters must be played by openly queer actors. I get that you want to see sexual minorities being played by people who have lived that life, but the truth is...you don't know what goes in in someone's bedroom. The fact that this was done to an 18-year old kid is disgusting. I personally believe that at the end of the day, the only people who are entitled to know what your sexuality is are the people you go to bed with.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17

Joe Locke, Connor's co-star on Heartstopper, is only a year older than Kit at nineteen, and these commenters must have been coming for him too since he's deactivated his social media as well. How entitled to pick on somebody just because you saw them holding hands with someone they're "not supposed to". I'm old, so I remember the speculation about Whitney Houston and Robyn Crawford, which was eventually confirmed to be true years after her death. I hope Kit has a safe space to help him discuss and process this, get through it in his own way away from jerks who think he owes them something.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, AheadofStraight said:

Her arms trapped inside that costume set off my claustrophobia. Eeks! Also, I hope it is an easy unzip or something because what about the bathroom??

She did have another outfit under the Worm--

heidi-klum-worm_67.jpg?w=1024

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Calling it an outfit is kind of generous, IMO.  It also looks like some sort of bodysuit, so Heidi must have the strongest bladder on the planet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Actual video. LOL

I love this! lol 

38 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Heidi's body is still banging!

6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

This is what REALLY gives me pause about the insistence that queer characters must be played by openly queer actors. I get that you want to see sexual minorities being played by people who have lived that life, but the truth is...you don't know what goes in in someone's bedroom. The fact that this was done to an 18-year old kid is disgusting. I personally believe that at the end of the day, the only people who are entitled to know what your sexuality is are the people you go to bed with.

100%! We've made a lot of progress, but we have a way to go as far as the world being a totally safe, welcoming place for LGBT. Everyone needs to be sensitive to that, especially when we're talking teenagers. 

• Applause 7
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Yes there is a really weird sense of entitlement at play in that. I've never been a Rebel Wilson fan in particular, but I thought it was pretty gross when earlier this year an Australian newspaper acted like they were somehow the victim because she was forced into outing herself on social media instead of letting them do it in their paper. 

And just earlier this week, I was reading about the whole Isabel Fall shitstorm from a couple of years ago. Basically, a short story was released that played with the premise of an anti-trans meme and a very vocal contingent on the internet insisted that the writer was some sort of bigoted troll. She ended up having to out herself as trans in response to the criticism, and the whole thing ended with her requesting the story be removed, spending some time in a hospital for suicidal ideation, deciding not to write anymore, and deciding to end her transition process. 

It's not quite the same question as what is directed toward actors, but it does seem like a lot of people who should know better enjoy putting artists on the spot with gotcha questions about their sexuality without ever acknowledging that they may be demanding someone out themselves. 

• Sad 8
  • Love 6

As someone who does vermicomposting, I'm somewhere in the middle on the worm costume. I do think it's fun that she goes all out and doesn't care about being sexy (even if she had a revealing sparkling bodysuit underneath). But they also made it kind of gross to accommodate her body and it ended up in a worm with very bloated and strange proportions. Also, it read well from a distance but worms don't have that much color variation up close. Cool for Halloween but I would not be impressed if that was on Face Off.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The article says Moonves will only have to pay $2.5M. That's like chump change for him. His wife Julie probably makes more than that hosting a season of Big Brother. It's ridiculous.

Julie Chen has somehow been the host of a game show for 22 years despite having a total lack of charisma. Then again, she kind of works as the robotic straight man against the ridiculous characters.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Dwayne Wade's ex-wife is objecting to their child Zara legally changing her name and gender. He is not having it.

In her legal filing, Funches-Wade alleged that her former husband had “informed me that a lot of money had been already made and that additional money will be made in relation to our child’s name and gender issue.”

“[Wade] told me that he intended to make our child very famous due to the name and gender issue and also informed me that there would be endorsements/contracts associated therewith,” she stated in her petition....

In his post, Wade wrote that “No one in our house would ever force Zaya or any of our children to do anything against their will, much less force an identity on them.”

“This isn’t a game for my family and definitely not for Zaya,” he wrote. “This is her life!”...

In his social media post, Wade alleges that Funches-Wade is an absentee parent to Zaya, who was 12 years old in 2020 when she went public with being transgender.

“Siohvaughn has decided to pretty much be an absent parent to Zaya ALL ON HER OWN,” he wrote. “I will not sit on my hands this time and allow her to make a mockery of my dedication to my family. The high road has run out of real estate.”

• Applause 4
  • Love 17
On 11/2/2022 at 3:28 PM, PepSinger said:

Yeah, but a normal person's Halloween planning doesn't take a lot of their time. The worm costume alone would have required several fittings. I think Klum's Halloween parties are on the level of planning a wedding once a year. It can't have been the only thing that they'd get divorced over, but I can see how it would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

Julie Chen has somehow been the host of a game show for 22 years despite having a total lack of charisma. Then again, she kind of works as the robotic straight man against the ridiculous characters.

I don't get her appeal at all.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't get her appeal at all.

Nepotism didn't hurt her, we'll just say that.

Of course, Les Moonves is cancelled so at the very least we won't have to deal with their son being pushed in our faces. 

Although I'd love to see Alison Grodner even TRY to push Charlie Moonves into the show when he's old enough because I think the comments would be hilarious.

Les Moonves cancelled Everwood, which was only at 4 seasons, in favor of giving Seventh Heaven a 12th fucking season when they had already wrapped up the show. Like, seriously? I'm still bitter over that.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Les Moonves cancelled Everwood, which was only at 4 seasons, in favor of giving Seventh Heaven a 12th fucking season when they had already wrapped up the show. Like, seriously? I'm still bitter over that.

He blackballed Janet Jackson for years from all Viacom owned anything because she would not apologize to him personally.  Motherfucker!

• Sad 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

This is really sad too.  I’ve never been a big fan, but I never knew she was like this.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11397035/Selena-Gomezs-shock-fall-kidney-donor-BFF-Francia-Raisa-spills-social-media.html#comments

https://pagesix.com/2022/11/06/francia-raisa-responds-to-selena-gomezs-taylor-swift-friend-quote/

I haven’t watched the documentary, but I might check it out.  It’s difficult to imagine describing your ordeal, but never mentioning the kidney donor.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This is really sad too.  I’ve never been a big fan, but I never knew she was like this.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11397035/Selena-Gomezs-shock-fall-kidney-donor-BFF-Francia-Raisa-spills-social-media.html#comments

https://pagesix.com/2022/11/06/francia-raisa-responds-to-selena-gomezs-taylor-swift-friend-quote/

I haven’t watched the documentary, but I might check it out.  It’s difficult to imagine describing your ordeal, but never mentioning the kidney donor.

What strikes me is that the other person in question here is Taylor Swift. There's every chance that it's hyperbole, that Selena didn't mean the remark to be interpreted literally, and yet Taylor's the one who's rumored to be not such a nice person when she's away from the press and the cameras.  Maybe trying to be diplomatic? They didn't even put the whole quote up on Instagram, so there's other options besides 'Selena's a jerk who doesn't appreciate someone who helped her get healthy again.'

• Love 1

There isn't necessarily a "bad" person in this Selena/Francia thing.  It sounds like their friendship has hit a few snags in the past.  And if their friendship were in a really good place, I'd be flabbergasted if reading that quote were truly a friendship breaking moment.

Print interviews are almost always condensed for publication and we don't know if Taylor was the only she mentioned or the only one included.  And we don't know if her "in the industry" was referring to actors or if she's thinking specifically of singers. 

• Love 6

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/christina-applegate-ms-diagnosis-cant-walk-without-cane-gained-40-pounds-213801672.html

Christina Applegate says making the third and final season of Dead to Me after her multiple sclerosis diagnosis is the hardest thing she's ever done.

The 50-year-old actress also known for Married With Children and Anchorman was diagnosed with the disease of the central nervous system, which interrupts the flow of information within the brain as well as between the brain and body, while in production on the final season of the Netflix show in the summer of 2021. The show took a five month pause so she could start treatment. She told the New York Times in a new interview that coming back and pushing through to the end took a lot.

• Sad 20
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

There isn't necessarily a "bad" person in this Selena/Francia thing.  It sounds like their friendship has hit a few snags in the past.  And if their friendship were in a really good place, I'd be flabbergasted if reading that quote were truly a friendship breaking moment.

Print interviews are almost always condensed for publication and we don't know if Taylor was the only she mentioned or the only one included.  And we don't know if her "in the industry" was referring to actors or if she's thinking specifically of singers. 

I agree. That quote is from when Selena was talking about her mental health issues which included psychosis and multiple hospital stays. Based on the linked article that happened at the same time Selena and Francia had a falling out over Selena’s lifestyle. 

They may have reconciled last year but they both probably have complex and reasonable issues over the friendship.