Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Could it be that was just a headline making storyline for the show similar to Kim K and family? 

I think unless the celeb in question is caught holding a knife in one hand and a freshy-severed head in the other, there is NO bad publicity. 

And stories about their "real-life issues" are created when needed to keep them in the spotlight and promote new projects. 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Alec Baldwin sues Rush crew members armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed, first assistant director David Halls, property master Sarah Zachry, and weapons and rounds supplier Seth Kenney for negligence.

Just a point of clarification for those who don't read beyond this summary -- it's is a counter-claim he filed in the suit filed against him and all the other producers by the script supervisor for intentional infliction of emotional distress (not the wrongful death suit filed by Hutchins's family; that was settled), not a new suit he initiated; what he's doing is seeking to indemnify himself in that suit by saying the blame lies solely with the named people whose actions resulted in him holding a loaded gun he reasonably believed to be cold.

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, it’s baby #12 for Mr. Cannon…Correction….they’ve changed the article  to Baby #11. Originally, said 12.

Well, when he has two on the way by different women at the same time, it's easy to get confused; he's going to have twelve kids, but it's number 11 that now exists and number 12 is still gestating.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 11
  • Love 4

👀

Dolly Parton receives $100 million Courage and Civility Award from Jeff Bezos

“Jeff and I are so proud to share that we have a new Bezos Courage and Civility Award winner — a woman who gives with her heart and leads with love and compassion in every aspect of her work,” Bezos’ girlfriend, Lauren Sanchez, posted on Instagram alongside a video of their speech Friday before awarding the grant to the country music legend. “We can’t wait to see all the good that you’re going to do with this $100 million award, @DollyParton.”...

“They can give it all to their own charity,” Bezos said last year. “Or they can share the wealth. It is up to them.”

• Like 1
  • Love 11

Alec Baldwin Sues Crew Members On 'Rust' Film For Halyna Hutchins Shooting Death

Alec's accusing 4 crew members  -- Chief Armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, Assistant Director Dave Halls, Prop Master Sarah Zachry and the gun supplier Seth Kenney -- of failing to safeguard the film set.

“Gutierrez-Reed failed to check the bullets or the gun carefully, Halls failed to check the gun carefully and yet announced the gun was safe before handing it to Baldwin, and Zachry failed to disclose that Gutierrez-Reed had been acting recklessly off set and was a safety risk to those around her."

Personally, I think he's right. He's an actor, it's not his job to know if a bullet is a blank or real, there are other people on set whose job it is, & they failed.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

She's a bit younger than he is, but as an actress, is probably a good choice.  She knows the craziness of the media and appears to be fairly accomplished and well educated. 

Ok, I approve.  He may continue dating her.  *LOL*

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, leighdear said:

She's a bit younger than he is, but as an actress, is probably a good choice.  She knows the craziness of the media and appears to be fairly accomplished and well educated. 

Ok, I approve.  He may continue dating her.  *LOL*

Some of his "fans" are seriously pissed off. He was their internet boyfriend, & he was supposed to be single. Now they all feel like he lied & cheated on them & they're really mad. Some people really need to get lives.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, GaT said:

Some of his "fans" are seriously pissed off. He was their internet boyfriend, & he was supposed to be single. Now they all feel like he lied & cheated on them & they're really mad. Some people really need to get lives.

I understand.  I felt that way when Tom Hiddleston was dating Taylor Swift.  Such betrayal.  But then she found a different English Muffin and left Tom alone.  I know, I know, he's engaged & having a baby with another actress, blah, blah, blah....

He'll still always be mine.  *ROFL*

• LOL 13
11 minutes ago, GaT said:

Oh, god, I've seen similar things with fans of some of my favorite celebrities, too. I mean, yeah, it's fun to make jokes about running off with celebrity crushes, sure, I've done that, too...but that's all they are, jokes. I know it ain't happening :p. And I don't get how people think harassing and getting mad at the celebrity and/or their significant other over something like this is going to work in their favor in any way, shape, or form

• Like 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, supposebly said:

While I appreciate the gesture, couldn't he spend the 100 million to pay his employees a living wage and benefits? No need for charity if you don't make your money of the back of people who have very little.

As long as the financial benefits for charitable donations are more than those for paying a living wage, billionaires like Jeff will decline treating their employees like people.  He's not the first billionaire to behave this way, and he won't be the last

• Sad 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, supposebly said:

While I appreciate the gesture, couldn't he spend the 100 million to pay his employees a living wage and benefits? No need for charity if you don't make your money of the back of people who have very little.

If I were Dolly Parton, I would use the money for that. And make a big deal about it.

24 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As long as the financial benefits for charitable donations are more than those for paying a living wage, billionaires like Jeff will decline treating their employees like people.  He's not the first billionaire to behave this way, and he won't be the last

Yup and yup, sadly. 

• Love 8

I remember this being a topic here but I don't think that James' side was shared:

I already had a feeling that I would be more on his side and now I am more confident in that. No, it's not ok to be rude to staff anywhere, but if I had received food I specifically asked not to because someone is allergic to it, I would probably make sarcastic comments too.

6 minutes ago, JustHereForFood said:

I already had a feeling that I would be more on his side and now I am more confident in that. No, it's not ok to be rude to staff anywhere, but if I had received food I specifically asked not to because someone is allergic to it, I would probably make sarcastic comments too.

Except this isn't an isolated incident for him. 

• Like 7
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, JustHereForFood said:

I remember this being a topic here but I don't think that James' side was shared:

So his wife has a serious egg white allergy and orders an egg yolk omelette? It comes out with egg whites so they ask for it to me remade twice? If that’s true they are extremely stupid. 

Also that’s only one of the two times he has been accused of being rude enough to be banned from that particular restaurant. He also did an earlier interview where he said he did nothing wrong and never mentioned any allergy. 

10 hours ago, GaT said:

This is why most K-pop idols, both male and female, have "No Dating" clauses in their contracts.  The labels include those so the idols can project an image of being boyfriend/girlfriend material to the public.

Thus there tends to be a "scandal" when an idol gets caught dating/being in a relationship with someone.  Or it becomes newsworthy when an idol doesn't have that clause in their contract, or it expires.

• Sad 4
24 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

This is why most K-pop idols, both male and female, have "No Dating" clauses in their contracts.  The labels include those so the idols can project an image of being boyfriend/girlfriend material to the public.

Thus there tends to be a "scandal" when an idol gets caught dating/being in a relationship with someone.  Or it becomes newsworthy when an idol doesn't have that clause in their contract, or it expires.

K-pop fans are seriously crazy

• Like 4
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

I already had a feeling that I would be more on his side and now I am more confident in that.

I'm on his side but not because I feel he didn't act like an entitled jerk, I think he did.  But more because I still don't think the manager (owner?) of the restaurant handled things well - unless more info has come out in which case I reserve the right to change my opinion!  But to me it came across very much as a "hey finally I get a 15 minutes of fame moment!"

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Nope, even though he could easily do it and it clearly wouldn't effect him at all since he can hand over 100 million without blinking an eye. Pay your employees better asshole!

• Applause 5
  • Love 4

I feel like Corden is deliberately downplaying how everything went down in an efforts to show that he is owning his bad behavior (oh, mea culpa, mea culpa) but also doing it in a funny self-deprecating way to show that it wasn't as bad as "the internet" is making it out to be and he is a victim of bad celebrity reporting. He just doesn't strike me as credible and that apology felt PR driven, not sincere.

He says in his apology that the meal came wrong three times and implies (through omission) that each time his wife was given food she was allergic to.  But the original reports only indicate it was the first time some egg white got onto the egg-yolk omelette. The second time they didn't like the side it came with and the third time it was ok. 

He said he made a sarcastic comment and didn't yell.  But several servers indicated he did yell at his server and insulted how she was doing her job.

And was that clip before or after his interview with the London Times?  Because in the interview, apparently he downplayed the whole thing as if it was completely blown out of proportion. After reading that interview the owner apparently was so pissed that he banned him again.

• Like 3
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If I had a 'serious egg white allergy', I would probably oh, I don't know, not order an egg dish of any kind?!!?   

This.  Was there not something else she could have ordered?  Food allergies can be very serious and I would think someone that has an allergy would want to avoid anything that might have something they are allergic to. Like an omelet if  you are allergic to eggs whether it is white or yolk.

57 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

He just doesn't strike me as credible and that apology felt PR driven, not sincere.

I don't like Corden so I'm going to find any apology insincere.  

27 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

And we have now given the James Corden restaurant story more thought, time, and energy than it ever deserved.  

For real.

Isn't there some celeb cheating for us to discuss?

• Wink 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, supposebly said:

If I were Dolly Parton, I would use the money for that. And make a big deal about it.

As far as I know, Dolly Parton employees at Dollywood get full-ride tuition for college so this should probably help in that endeavor.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

As far as I know, Dolly Parton employees at Dollywood get full-ride tuition for college so this should probably help in that endeavor.

Yes, but it's not her or her company footing the bill; it's at all attractions, including Dollywood, owned by the parent corporation (Dolly only has partial ownership of Dollywood).  It's only through one of the colleges the corporation has partnered with, and only certain programs within those colleges, but it's open to all employees -- full time, part time, even seasonal -- from their first day on the job, and covers 100% of tuition, fees, and books.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 10
  • Love 1

So, Russia's foreign ministry is getting sick of all the critiques, and has hit back! By banning 100 notable Canadians from entry. The relevant names I can find are Margaret Atwood, Jim Carrey, and Katheryn Winnick. Be interesting to hear of other celebs.

Winnick is best known for the show Vikings and the Stephen King Dark Tower movie a few years back. Her parents are Ukrainian, she visited Ukraine last year, and she's particularly outspoken about the war. She's as cut up about this as you'd expect.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Garfield, a man, revealed this in the course of discussing his 40th birthday plans with his high school friends. “I always thought I would be the first to have kids and settle down, and they’re all shacked up and a couple of kids deep, for the most part,” he said. “Releasing myself from the societal obligation of procreating by the time I’m 40 has been an interesting thing to do with myself.”

“It’s more about accepting a different path than what was kind of expected of me from birth,” he added. “Like, By this time you will have done this, and you will have at least one child – that kind of thing. I think I have some guilt around that. And obviously it’s easier for me as a man…”

Is it? I hadn’t thought of that. But the interviewer did note that “there’s still time” for Garfield to have kids, to which he responded, “As far as I know,” while knocking on wood.

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/andrew-garfield-has-freed-himself-from-the-societal-obligation-to-have-kids-before-40

🙄🙄🙄

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
46 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Did he have some sudden psychological break? Clearly this is pathological but it only started a few years ago, not right after his divorce.

I don't know if this is the case with Nick but there's apparently a belief amongst some people that it's their duty to procreate and "gift" their progeny into the world. I read about it happening in tech too.  They think they're geniuses and the world needs more geniuses...i.e. their spawn. Considering the weird beliefs taking hold, I believe it.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 5

"And obviously it’s easier for me as a man…”

Is it? I hadn’t thought of that.

This is sarcasm, right?  Otherwise, I'd like to get a gander at how spacious the rock that writer lives under is.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Re: Nick Cannon:

On the one hand, while he does keep impregnating women, at least he's kept impregnating the same women.  While he may have 12 children (has #12 been born yet?  Not that I really care...), there's only 6 baby mamas: Mariah and the other five.

On the other hand, in this year, the 5 ladies in Nick's harem of mothers who aren't Mariah were all some stage of pregnancy at the same time.

Here's a couple of charts in a Reddit thread that shows all the above:

• Mind Blown 4
1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

Because he's not saying he's childfree, he's just leaving the door open to potentially join the old dads club. And men have always had the freedom to join the old dads club. 

I’m not seeing the problem with what he said. Yes it is obviously easier for men, which he acknowledges, but that doesn’t mean men don’t feel pressure to procreate. The worst parts come from the interviewer and not Garfield. That article leaves out that the quoted part was bookended with him talking about his mothers death in 2019. 

You could be Anthony Quinn. Get at it in your 70s.

I’d rather not.

You say that now.

Yes. No, we’ll see. [Laughs] Life seems to be a perpetual practice of letting shit go. Letting go of an idea of how a thing should look, or be, or feel. And that one’s a big one [to let go of], because of course I would’ve loved my mum to have met my kids, if I’m going to have kids. And she will. In spirit. She’ll be there for it. I know she’s there, for all the big ones.

Edited by Makai
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, SVNBob said:

On the other hand, in this year, the 5 ladies in Nick's harem of mothers who aren't Mariah were all some stage of pregnancy at the same time.

Wow. I think that's actually kind of an achievement. You hear about various historical figures having a dozen wives or more, I wonder if they achieved or even exceeded five at once.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Anduin said:

Wow. I think that's actually kind of an achievement. You hear about various historical figures having a dozen wives or more, I wonder if they achieved or even exceeded five at once.

Henry VIII must be so jealous. 

• LOL 16