Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Ya'll gotta go to the youtube of this video and read all the hilarious comments.

One of them:

Me trying this: 🥴😳😬

Her doing this: 🥰🤩😍

OMG, the comments are hilarious. Reminds me of former DCC Kat’s stretching video that I stumbled upon one day: 

I don’t remember how I found it, but I was a few glasses of wine in and was literally crying-laughing at some of the comments.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

I think the DCC made another mess up. Isn’t UNC the tarheels and UNC Charlotte is a different mascot? 

9A5DA894-456F-4D32-913B-60160D1B39B0.jpeg

Uh yes, I'm an alum of UNC Chapel Hill. Same system but completely different school - 3 hours apart and totally different mascot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

OMG, the comments are hilarious. Reminds me of former DCC Kat’s stretching video that I stumbled upon one day: 

I don’t remember how I found it, but I was a few glasses of wine in and was literally crying-laughing at some of the comments.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."   Oh H no it's not.  When did she grow all that hair?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

I listened to Melissa Rycroft's podcast last week and she had Scott (the weatherman?) on, and they discussed the four vet cuts. The overall consensus seemed to be that both were surprised and disappointed that Brennan was cut, and Scott even stated that he felt there were weaker rookies than Brennan who were picked for the team. I thought Melissa was unnecessarily mean towards Hannah, and both Melissa and Scott seemed sad but not super surprised about Meredith and Lily's cuts. Scott mentioned Lily being a locker room favorite, and also mentioned that it may have made sense for TPTB to pick slightly less powerhouse dancers yet known veterans for the team this year since it wasn't a dance heavy-season. I was disappointed in what I perceived was mean-girl talk from MR towards Hannah, especially considering my memory of MR not having a super strong second year try-out when she was on the team (didn't she forget her solo??). Scott claimed that Hannah had a weak media day.

Never cared for Melissa Rycroft as a DCC. IMHO, she was one of the weaker dancers at that time. Didn't she flip-flop about retiring or something like that? And her laugh annoys the daylights out of me. I can think of better candidates to be the mentor coach, or whatever it is they call her. JMHO.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, GeekToTheCore said:

The overall consensus seemed to be that both were surprised and disappointed that Brennan was cut, and Scott even stated that he felt there were weaker rookies than Brennan who were picked for the team.

Love Scott the weatherman! 

Admired his willingness and bravery to speak out about Victoria her first time trying out. Love that he’s keeping it real about Brennan! And good for Melissa too! 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, GeekToTheCore said:

I listened to Melissa Rycroft's podcast last week and she had Scott (the weatherman?) on, and they discussed the four vet cuts. The overall consensus seemed to be that both were surprised and disappointed that Brennan was cut, and Scott even stated that he felt there were weaker rookies than Brennan who were picked for the team. I thought Melissa was unnecessarily mean towards Hannah, and both Melissa and Scott seemed sad but not super surprised about Meredith and Lily's cuts. Scott mentioned Lily being a locker room favorite, and also mentioned that it may have made sense for TPTB to pick slightly less powerhouse dancers yet known veterans for the team this year since it wasn't a dance heavy-season. I was disappointed in what I perceived was mean-girl talk from MR towards Hannah, especially considering my memory of MR not having a super strong second year try-out when she was on the team (didn't she forget her solo??). Scott claimed that Hannah had a weak media day.

can you provide the link? I can't seem to find it. 

3 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

This is 100% damage control with a dash of victim blaming.

"Hannah's telling a different story than what the show portrayed."

This quote is from a woman who has been on THREE reality shows. She knows how the game is played. She knows how the editing works. Bull. Shit. Stop the victim blaming.

And she sounded surprised that Hannah blocked her on social media:/

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
22 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

This quote is from a woman who has been on THREE reality shows. She knows how the game is played. She knows how the editing works. Bull. Shit. Stop the victim blaming.

Melissa reflects the very same values as DCC. Self promotion. Self promotion. Self promotion. 

Our world is difficult right now. People are suffering - not just from COVID but from the effects of a worldwide unsettling crisis.  And this -- this -- is what they do. They look out only for themselves only and capitalize on others pain.

• Love 19
22 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

I think this makes it really clear that MRS is basing all of her opinions off the show. Had she even said, "Hannah's telling a different story than what really happened," then maybe we'd be wondering if we missed something, or if MRS had a private conversation with Hannah, but no. She's just saying something that doesn't go along with the narrative written by the show, and DUH that's edited as hell! She clearly has no validity to any of her points and she just felt like she had to throw in her two cents, but she doesn't know what actually happened (or she does and is just doing damage control) and is just saying what everyone has been saying since the episode aired - Hannah says there's more to the story than what was shown.

• Love 24
31 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

Okay so I listened to the podcast and if they had all this evidence to prove Hannah was off then why didn't they use it? With Meredith and Lily, they had tons of footage of times they messed up or looked off in certain dances but with Hannah they only used the same dance to show she had a pom "struggle". 

I think Melissa is just helping seal their narrative to stop the talks about Hannah and Brennan. I mean that's only an assumption because I'm not sure how many DCC MTT fans there are listening to her. 

Melissa talking about reality tv shows as a "job", when she used The Bachelor as an example that she should leave on a good note is ridiculous. I mean if you plan on being in a ton of reality shows as your career then yes but Brennan and Hannah have different career paths.  

Is it because of the show group sticker controversy? We saw both MRS and SP stickers on Hannah (in addition to NM). Of course I know the boards are just created for the show in general - but still odd to those votes presumably there.

Also, according to social media mainstream - their narrative did really well and they sold pretty much it all even without Melissa.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 1

Question? Hannah posted one time about COVID concerns.  She also did a1-2 Instagram stories standing her ground against being used as the poster child for "hero" mental health. I have NOT seen her out there bashing and continuing to say she was cut for this and that. In fact she never actually says why she is cut -- despite what social media says. 

Why is Melissa saying that Hannah is going on and on and on and on and on on social media? Have I missed something?

Man - don't mess with Texas. They will maul you.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Question? Hannah posted one time about COVID concerns.  She also did a1-2 Instagram stories standing her ground against being used as the poster child for "hero" mental health. I have NOT seen her out there bashing and continuing to say she was cut for this and that. In fact she never actually says why she is cut -- despite what social media says. 

Why is Melissa saying that Hannah is going on and on and on and on and on on social media? Have I missed something?

Man - don't mess with Texas. They will maul you.

Well, first of all Melissa said she was blocked from Hannah's social media, so what has she been TOLD?

And you haven't missed anything, unless they consider Hannah's "normal" IG stories to be directed at the DCC.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, first of all Melissa said she was blocked from Hannah's social media, so what has she been TOLD?

And you haven't missed anything, unless they consider Hannah's "normal" IG stories to be directed at the DCC.

Good point. Thanks.  I've seen her stories but to me they seem to be about advocating for strong mental health and self preservation during a pandemic - not to mention strong messages for COVID healthcare workers et cetera. So if they think those are directed against DCC - that is DCC's problem. Melissa sucks.

• Love 20

I haven’t listened to the podcast. However, while I think it’s fine for Melissa to provide additional insight into what happened behind the scenes, criticizing Hannah, talking about her anxiety and social media, etc. just seems like punching down to me. Melissa isn’t just a regular former DCC. She has a role in the selection process and is the team “mentor.” On the other hand, Hannah is a cheerleader who was cut on national tv. Why is she even concerned with Hannah’s IG page?  I mean, even if Hannah was talking about the DCCs everyday on social media, what is that to Melissa? It’s not like Hannah has criticized her personally from what I’ve seen/heard. Is it that big of deal that a former DCC dares to say something that isnt 100% positive? 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

can melissa just go away lmao

🤞this!  I’m so over MRS and her bunny teeth!  

On 1/25/2021 at 11:33 AM, 123DCCWoooo said:

I thought that was Cassie!  Anyone else see it?  Does she have the same personality as Cassie?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Good point. Thanks.  I've seen her stories but to me they seem to be about advocating for strong mental health and self preservation during a pandemic - not to mention strong messages for COVID healthcare workers et cetera. So if they think those are directed against DCC - that is DCC's problem. Melissa sucks.

I couldn’t agree more. MRS was a mediocre cheerleader at best. Hannah was a two time show group member. I know DCC has her come back because she’s been on other shows but can we get someone like Michelle Keys or one of the Jennifers to be the showmanship mentor? Also, she kept saying that Hannah was bashing the organization. I haven’t seen any posts that seem to do that. I do wonder if the cut girls regret not doing a one day audition now and if their outcomes would have been different. I would have loved to see the vet audition videos so we could get a better idea of why some vets were ranked so low coming into training camp.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Tinydancerxo28 said:

I do wonder if the cut girls regret not doing a one day audition now and if their outcomes would have been different. I would have loved to see the vet audition videos so we could get a better idea of why some vets were ranked so low coming into training camp.

I was under the impression that they could only do the one day audition under specific circumstances, and Hannah's concerns weren't included.  Also, it was said that the vets videos were a last minute decision and they received the routines the morning they entered the bubble.  So possible that they just didn't have the time like the rookies did to perfect everything.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I was under the impression that they could only do the one day audition under specific circumstances, and Hannah's concerns weren't included.  Also, it was said that the vets videos were a last minute decision and they received the routines the morning they entered the bubble.  So possible that they just didn't have the time like the rookies did to perfect everything.

This was Judy’s reply about the one day audition. 

E0ED13E4-4B93-41F6-BE1F-B770217D8E4C.png

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I think the "one day audition" was offered to everyone as Judy says. But in DCC world, that doesn't mean much. I am sure the "in between the words" was "you better be here unless you have a VALID reason."

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

I think the "one day audition" was offered to everyone as Judy says. But in DCC world, that doesn't mean much. I am sure the "in between the words" was "you better be here unless you have a VALID reason."

I agree with you, but with more of a "you better be here unless there is no way you can either get off work, work from home or you want to be cut" flavor.  The whole one-day audition (and the associated "give them the option to bow out and come back next year" thing) makes me think that, unless the vets have absolutely NO other option, then they have to show up or be cut.  I don't see Kelli allowing a vet the year off without being cut (except for Victoria and maybe a few of the current favorites) for whatever reason that goes through Kelli's mind.  She can be petty as petty can be sometimes.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

^^ and I think Brennan knew that.

She knew getting called into the office is never a good thing nowadays so knew she was at risk. Quitting when she'd already fallen down the rankings and then coming back would mean she'd basically be starting from the bottom again. Kelli was probably looking for a way to get rid of her anyway as she's never been that keen!

• Love 13
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I still think if Brennan had taken the option of sitting out a year and coming back next year, she'd have been cut at finals (same with Hannah). They'd have spun it that they don't have the passion or commitment to the organisation like the other vets do because they actually went through TC. 

I think any option they took they'd be cut or it would have been seen as not dedicated enough. I also think that maybe two week training camp seemed fine when the vet's were told but just like how I thought working from home in March for a couple of weeks was fine but here I am almost in February and it has not been the greatest, I am thankful to be working and I'm happy to have a job that I can vocalize my concerns and not get backlash for it. On top of them having them send last minute videos and learning choreo last minute that's stressful in itself. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

I think any option they took they'd be cut or it would have been seen as not dedicated enough. I also think that maybe two week training camp seemed fine when the vet's were told but just like how I thought working from home in March for a couple of weeks was fine but here I am almost in February and it has not been the greatest, I am thankful to be working and I'm happy to have a job that I can vocalize my concerns and not get backlash for it. On top of them having them send last minute videos and learning choreo last minute that's stressful in itself. 

I definitely think the shortened training camp was unfair to the vets. Not only were they given last minute notice that they had to send in a video, but they were given the routines potentially weeks after the rookies were. Part of training camp is to root out the slow learners in the rookies and giving them an unfair advantage over the vets definitely set a bad tone for training camp. 

I feel like the rookies were given everything they needs to succeed and the vets were left out to hang. I get it, they’re vets and should already have this down pat. BUT, in normal training camp they already have most of the routines memorized and when new routines are brought in they learn them at the same time and pace as the rookies.

In my opinion, Kelli engineered this training camp as a way to kick off veterans that she had issues with (or VK had issues with...) and bring in new blood that could be molded into the perfect little DCC Barbie.

Edited to add: This definitely should have been a Vets only season, no training camp. Definitely only done for the ratings imho 😕

Edited by BunnyHop96
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
On 1/13/2021 at 9:10 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Am I the only one who think Kat's head looks smaller than her body? I don't know it looks like they've shrunk her head down. Maybe I am seeing things lol.

Capture.PNG.0f5368a903df2bda550d7052c50c542e.PNG

Yeah, maybe a bit small. But OMG Tess's boobs look huge!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Blue hues said:

🤞this!  I’m so over MRS and her bunny teeth!  

I always thought she had beaver teeth. Just another annoyance about her. Just go away already MRS.

Edited by bjo1969
Brain fart.
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Cure4Anxiety said:

Rookie bios are up on the website!!!!!

https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/armani

Change out the name to change the view. 

rookiearmanibio.JPG

OH THANK GOD!!! FINALLY!!! They uploaded some really cool pictures of the girls too. I've only seen Alanna and Armani's pages so far, so I'm gonna have to do more digging, but so far....I am liking what I am seeing. Although I just wish it was easier to find the bios of every girl.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bjo1969 said:

I always thought she had beaver teeth. Just another annoyance about her. Just go away already MRS.

SHE's just annoying. I don't understand why K/J get her to do the show when she was so not memorable as a DCC. If she had not done the Bachelor or DWTS, would they even have given her a second look or ask her to be involved in ANY aspect of the DCC? All I can see is she is just riding on the fame of a now has been. I can't stand her. Her book was just as annoying.😒🙄

• Love 9