Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kees080 said:

Here is the same one that was on IG.  This one comes from Facebook.  

image.png.5c4ae02e3001a5a6711ecc7540d65430.png

Wow these invisiligners sure make the girls look like they have an overbite and or open bite!  I noticed it in commercials, but thought it was just the model!

8 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Wow these invisiligners sure make the girls look like they have an overbite and or open bite!  I noticed it in commercials, but thought it was just the model!

I cannot imagine getting invisiign if your teeth are crowded in your mouth because it would push them out.  I wanted braces at 18 but they wanted to pull 8 teeth to push my others into place.  I said no.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

I cannot imagine getting invisiign if your teeth are crowded in your mouth because it would push them out.  I wanted braces at 18 but they wanted to pull 8 teeth to push my others into place.  I said no.

Saaaame. I had 8 total pulled. Put with open bites Invisilign can't correct that - you need either rubber bands pulling the teeth together or actual jaw surgery to reposition your bite. I'm surprised TPTB wouldn't opt for braces that go behind the teeth, allowing for better results while still being "invisible". To answer my own question, DCC are probably getting a helluva deal with that branded partnership. 

• Love 4
On 1/27/2021 at 11:33 PM, DCCFan2021 said:

Is there any way to actually navigate to these pages from the website? Looking on the "Our Team" page I don't see any link to these bios.

Click on the cameos. They are below the team picture.

Edited by Omeletsmom

Maybe they pulled it to swap out for a different pic of Maddie?  She's hunched over in that one, needs to stand up straight. Show the same demeanor and sass as she does in her adult contemporary hippity hop solos.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

Great article that includes DCC and Hannah toward the end - https://jezebel.com/how-the-nfl-risks-the-health-of-cheerleaders-its-harde-1846199936

Hannah declined to comment (hmmm I thought Melissa said that Hannah was going on and on and on <melissa's wrong>). It's a well written article though. For me, it highlights why cheerleaders do not speak out.

"As cheerleaders, we were regarded as quasi-celebrities amongst the Rams fandom. We danced with rappers, worked with some of the industry’s most sought-after choreographers, were spoiled at the 2019 Super Bowl in Atlanta, spent time with veterans on Thanksgiving, and conducted cheer camps for children who saw their future in us. Our director constantly fought for us, and the feeling of family was overwhelming. 

But this joy is also what breeds silence. This enduring, cyclical conundrum is about an imbalance of power in which those who have the decision-making and monetary influence hold it over the heads of the powerless—those who have the most to lose. The culture of compliance, fear, and forced gratitude coerces cheerleaders into accepting the situation handed to them without question. Standing up to the unwieldy influence of the NFL and risking the loss of income, reputation, and “Ramily” is hard."

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
On 2/4/2021 at 7:59 AM, parrotfeathers said:

It sort of resembles what Lacy has done to herself in real life.

Yessssssss! It's so sad bc they're pretty girls to begin with & the thirst consumes them... 

• Love 1
On 2/5/2021 at 7:48 AM, Cure4Anxiety said:

Saaaame. I had 8 total pulled. Put with open bites Invisilign can't correct that - you need either rubber bands pulling the teeth together or actual jaw surgery to reposition your bite. I'm surprised TPTB wouldn't opt for braces that go behind the teeth, allowing for better results while still being "invisible". To answer my own question, DCC are probably getting a helluva deal with that branded partnership. 

How many of the cheerleaders actually need braces (or invisalign) though? There have been some under/overbites (does invisalign even correct that?), but I don't remember anyone in training camp/on the team actually having crooked teeth. Some of them may have had braces or used invisalign as teens, but now?

• Useful 1

Invisalign actually works surprisingly well for a number of orthodontia problems including overbites, spacing issues, etc. The liners sssllllooowwwwlllyyy move the teeth in the proper direction without all the hardware. I had braces back in the 60s in high school, but over the years there has been some unwanted shifting...I did Smile Direct that moved everything back where it's supposed to be and now wear the retainers a few nights a week...its very easy and not nearly as cumbersome as braces...The process is usually about 6 months, especially for these women.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritCelebrationVAS/videos/1362561537431574/

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritCelebrationVAS/videos/780015059536263/

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritCelebrationVAS/videos/1107936749668755

If anyone wants to see performances from the DCC Nationals that happened on Saturday. all the performances are in the beginning. To me it seems like different groups performed but not sure. I'm really bad at pointing who's who. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Omeletsmom said:

It's working on my laptop.

I don't see the front row of the girls in standard view, but I can if I go to the developer view. Firefox doesn't show the girls' cameos beneath the squad photo but Chrome does. And those cameos are not formatted correctly, they're all different sizes so some of the girls appear much smaller/bigger than the others on the row. Savannah in particular is tiny compared to the rest of her row. And what's with the rookies all being at the bottom and all the vets being ordered alphabetically? Either do it all by year or all alphabetical, but don't mix it up.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritCelebrationVAS/videos/1362561537431574/

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritCelebrationVAS/videos/780015059536263/

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritCelebrationVAS/videos/1107936749668755

If anyone wants to see performances from the DCC Nationals that happened on Saturday. all the performances are in the beginning. To me it seems like different groups performed but not sure. I'm really bad at pointing who's who. 

It was the same group of girls 

• Love 1

I think Gina looks so great here. The ashy blonde looks great with her skin tone and I think the curl frames her face well.

Also this pic of Rachel W is so interesting to me because she seems like someone who would never want to be photographed without makeup. She looks so pretty (and so spray-tanned) but a lot more girl-next-door than game day glamazon

• Love 1
5 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I think Gina looks so great here. The ashy blonde looks great with her skin tone and I think the curl frames her face well.

Also this pic of Rachel W is so interesting to me because she seems like someone who would never want to be photographed without makeup. She looks so pretty (and so spray-tanned) but a lot more girl-next-door than game day glamazon

Wow!  Rachel W has a lot of hair!  It’s almost unreal, like from a movie!

10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

It was the same group of girls 

The first two look like Show Group (Maddie, Lexie up front, Gina finishing the triangle) and Jalyn has been added too.

The third video looks like a different group with no idea who's in the triangle! 

• Love 1

I find it hilarious that Kelli tries so hard to be a fashion icon/expert & yet here we are... I won't get into TK's appearance but at least Judy looks good so there's that... 

IMG_0264.jpg

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Wow!  Rachel W has a lot of hair!  It’s almost unreal, like from a movie!

The caption says the stylist just gave her extensions, so it isn’t real. I think the second picture is her hair. 

• Love 1

My goodness, Rachel's extensions make her look like she'll get a sore neck from hauling around those mounds of "hair." I think the "before" picture was much nicer. Also, she really could use a different color, it's like a blonde/brown not found in nature, but not in a good way.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, TB12 said:

I find it hilarious that Kelli tries so hard to be a fashion icon/expert & yet here we are... I won't get into TK's appearance but at least Judy looks good so there's that... 

IMG_0264.jpg

That's very true, but it was 1993 so they were pretty hot for the time 😄 The early 1990s is probably my least favorite period in fashion. I was in high school and I hated the mustard/plum/emerald trend. Kelli looks like the cheesier girls from my class. Tina has the hair that the popular girls had. Judy always looks the same (ha).  

• Love 3
21 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I don't see the front row of the girls in standard view, but I can if I go to the developer view. Firefox doesn't show the girls' cameos beneath the squad photo but Chrome does. And those cameos are not formatted correctly, they're all different sizes so some of the girls appear much smaller/bigger than the others on the row. Savannah in particular is tiny compared to the rest of her row. And what's with the rookies all being at the bottom and all the vets being ordered alphabetically? Either do it all by year or all alphabetical, but don't mix it up.

I'm using Chrome; maybe that's why it is working for me.

7 hours ago, TB12 said:

IMG_0264.jpg

Judy giving off serious Heather Chandler vibes here for any of y’all that remember that movie 😂

All three look amazing and very of the moment tho! Love that over the top late 80’s and early 90’s fashion. So funny. (I’ve got terrifying pics from this era that I love so much.)

• Love 13
19 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK-r-mflBTf/

Pic 3 shows the group in videos 1+2: Chandi, Caroline, Jalyn, Erin, Lexie, Daphne, Gina, Marissa, Maddie, Rachel A and Ashlee. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK9za10FNwR/

Looks like the third video includes: Armani, Kristin, Lisa, Briana, Alanna, Dani, Taylor, Madeline, Alora Rose. I'm not too sure on this one because I don't really recognise the newbies just yet!

Are the two tall ones in the back row Alora-Rose and Taylor? Because they looked off. Their height doesn't help them on this dance. 

Honestly kind of underwhelmed here with all of it.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Are the two tall ones in the back row Alora-Rose and Taylor? Because they looked off. Their height doesn't help them on this dance. 

Honestly kind of underwhelmed here with all of it.

I think Alora-Rose is just off to the right with Taylor in the back right corner. I liked Alanna and Armani right in the middle and that's about it. I wonder why they had the non-SG members do a routine as well! 

• Love 1

So I FINALLY sucked it up and watched season 15.

Sigh..I hate to say it...I do think Brennan should have taken Kelli up on her offer to sit out the season & come back. Would Kelli have held it against her? Maybe, but I don't think Brennan did herself any favors when she told Kelli during that 1st office visit that COVID left her barely able to walk a mile and now she "listens to her body." To me, that suggests that there may be times she won't go all out with her dancing. I certainly don't blame her, you can only do what you are able to do, but if she wasn't able to go all out all the time, then she should have either deferred the year or retired. Just my opinion, of course.

Regarding the rookies. Gotta say, Marissa grew on me. Yes, she looks ridiculously young (so does Dani), but I understand the praise she got. My favorites are Jada & Darian, good dancers and soooo pretty!

And randomly...what was up with media "training?" Was the goal "ask questions until you make someone cry"???

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, kalibean said:

Judy giving off serious Heather Chandler vibes here for any of y’all that remember that movie 😂

All three look amazing and very of the moment tho! Love that over the top late 80’s and early 90’s fashion. So funny. (I’ve got terrifying pics from this era that I love so much.)

High school class of 1994 here (yes, I am in fact 500 years old). I can confirm that this was a very fashionable look at the time. We loved a power blazer a la Amanda Woodward (google it). Extra points for the stars and the hair. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I think Alora-Rose is just off to the right with Taylor in the back right corner. I liked Alanna and Armani right in the middle and that's about it. I wonder why they had the non-SG members do a routine as well! 

Armani was the standout here for me. When I first watched it, I could have sworn it was a Veteran because she was so powerful and confidant. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

High school class of 1994 here (yes, I am in fact 500 years old).

You are NOT allowed to say that with class of '86 here 😂

Just now, Stee said:

Armani was the standout here for me. When I first watched it, I could have sworn it was a Veteran because she was so powerful and confidant. 

She is VERY good.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, Stee said:

I'm amazed that they put a rookie front and centre! If she's that good, why didn't she make show group?!

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm amazed that they put a rookie front and centre! If she's that good, why didn't she make show group?!

Because show group is actually not a real thing. It is a storyline in a reality TV show that exists to create drama and controversy. If show group was a real thing, Armani would be on it along with Jalyn. 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

You are NOT allowed to say that with class of '86 here 😂

She is VERY good.

I love watching the DCC because I feel like I could dance like the cheerleaders. And then I do the math, and realize that I am old enough to be the mother of a DCC and that I could break my hip trying to do the kickline. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Bigorangecatmom said:
51 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Because show group is actually not a real thing. It is a storyline in a reality TV show that exists to create drama and controversy. If show group was a real thing, Armani would be on it along with Jalyn. 

They would be better for SG than Victoria & Rachel A.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

They would be better for SG than Victoria & Rachel A.

I'd take off Tess, Lexie, Victoria and Marissa personally. If it was an even smaller group, Rachel A, Maddie and Daphne could go too. However, I'd add in Alanna, Jalyn, Armani and McKenzie (maybe Elli too)! I would've kept Hannah on there too, obvs.

I've always thought it was meant to be the most technical and well-rounded dancers, who can do all dance styles!

Edited by DCC-UK
Changed spelling
  • Love 6

I'd love to know what show group you'd all put together?

Mine would be: Gina, Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Caroline, Erin, Jalyn, Rachel W, Amanda, Chandi, Kelcey, Armani, Claire, Ellie, McKenzie. 15 is more than enough!

• Love 6