Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Renewals and Regrets

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time. Do not mention any current information or social media.

This is NOT a place to debate anything about COVID. Do not engage in this conversation.  Stick to the show.

• Start Topic

So what I'm taking away from Elizabeth is without her husband, she's not well off like she claims to be.  Another house of cards!  

JImmy looks like a buffoon.  Is that the best a supposedly well off woman can get?

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

And when did Shannon become obsessed with tequila? Wasn’t she also a “vodka, soda, lots of lime in a tall” drinker? 

Could it be from her Tres Amigos days? Didn't they do shots when they landed somewhere with matching sombreros?

Is it me or has Shannon NOT mentioned Tamra or Vicki once this season?

• Love 8
On 11/26/2020 at 7:06 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Shannon sucks the joy out of everything, even sex I’d bet  

i will admit to naively thinking that COVID-19 would blow over in a few months and trying to be optimistic about it and am not a conspiracy theorist. 

Agreed.  I wrongly assumed that once it made its way here, we would find the silver bullet to treat it before a vaccine was available.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Can a person bring friends to an AA meeting? It seems that the arrival of three women from RHOC would be a distraction to the other attendees.

Yes they can ..anyone is Welcome ... I had an ex that was court ordered to attend AA meetings and I went with him a couple times ....

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I suspect that Elizabeth thinks that if she admits to sleeping with Jimmy it will impact her divorce settlement; that is, she'll be accused of cheating.  They've been separated so long and her husband fathered a child with another woman so it wouldn't at all, but she seems like she's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.  She's not Kelly Dodd levels of stupid, but she's in the neighborhood.

Jimmy is an unattractive, balding man with a really tiny head.  He has shown no compelling personality on camera.  I am not sure what she finds so appealing.  At least she doesn't have to worry about the other women trying to snatch him up.

giphy.gif 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

There was a scene where Clownwyn was showing Kelly something that fell out of her wig. Kelly said something like don't you wash that shit?

Fast forward to the lice reveal...was it just me that thought that thing that fell from her head was a fossilized lice egg?

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

There was a scene where Clownwyn was showing Kelly something that fell out of her wig. Kelly said something like don't you wash that shit?

Fast forward to the lice reveal...was it just me that thought that thing that fell from her head was a fossilized lice egg?

And Kelly called her hair gross and she is NOT WRONG!

The thought of Deb getting lice in that mess is equally hilarious and horrifying.   🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Why is Bravo making alcohol the focus of their shows.  Every show we have to watch an alcoholic go down the tubes.  I watch these shows for enjoyment and laughs, not to see a woman go off the rails.  We all have to deal with our own shit .. t.v. Should be pleasurable, not depressing.  They should show more vacations with interesting places, shopping in nice stores, some slap stick comedy, like LuAnn falling into bushes, etc.  No more three ways, bratty kids, and who’s dick is bigger.  (Kelly)

A few years back this was covered by the New York Post...they reported that sources on the set of these Housewives shows told them that there is an abundance of alcohol always set out where ever they are. When they go anywhere there is always alcohol already set up at the house or hotel and in  fact they are often greeted at their destination by an employee of the resort or the house they are renting with a tray of drinks to get them started. The best tapings they get are when these women are inebriated and let let the fur fly...more alcohol means more fights or wild behavior which translates into higher ratings. Andy Cohen can sit at the reunions and act all concerned about the health and well being of these women but it's fake...he is complicit with Bravo in the exploitation of these women when they are under the influence and say and do things that can be hurtful to themselves and others. These shows have devolved into drunken brawls that belong in dive bars...not five star resorts.

1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

So what I'm taking away from Elizabeth is without her husband, she's not well off like she claims to be.  Another house of cards!  

JImmy looks like a buffoon.  Is that the best a supposedly well off woman can get?

Apparently...look at the riff raff Ramona Singer "dates"!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I see signs of it in Braunwyn’s mother too.

Right??? I was wondering if people who've been spared having to deal with a pathological narcissist (imho!)find her to be as creepy as I do. And that step dad!!!??? Yikes!! What a toxic pair!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I would think it is relative as from what she has described of her married lifestyle, it was a private jets from a lifestyle supported by multi-multi millions.

Elizabeth will go to a merely "rich" lifestyle because there is a huge difference between living the way she was able to in marriage where literally money was no object for anything and only having a few million. She would still be rich by most people's standards. 

Not that I liked Shannon's first house but that was a much more expensive home than the one she currently *rents*. It's not just the purchase price although obviously 10 or 15 million for a home is a lot but it's also the taxes; the insurance; the maintenance, the staff which would be required for that home - let alone multiple homes in different locations. Just water in Southern California can be thousands a month for a large property with lots of landscaping. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

A few years back this was covered by the New York Post...they reported that sources on the set of these Housewives shows told them that there is an abundance of alcohol always set out where ever they are. When they go anywhere there is always alcohol already set up at the house or hotel and in  fact they are often greeted at their destination by an employee of the resort or the house they are renting with a tray of drinks to get them started. The best tapings they get are when these women are inebriated and let let the fur fly...more alcohol means more fights or wild behavior which translates into higher ratings. Andy Cohen can sit at the reunions and act all concerned about the health and well being of these women but it's fake...he is complicit with Bravo in the exploitation of these women when they are under the influence and say and do things that can be hurtful to themselves and others. These shows have devolved into drunken brawls that belong in dive bars...not five star resorts.

Apparently...look at the riff raff Ramona Singer "dates"!

It’s a shame that some people find them interesting when inebriated.  I can’t watch WWHL as Andy gives them alcohol and they talk and act stupid.  It all comes down to money.  Look at the new girl Leah on N.Y.  She drank to oblivion, then wrecked the joints.  That’s funny?  It’s ridiculous and he loves it.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Yeah, the whole discussion about it over dinner with Gina, Shannon, Elizabeth and their SO’s really gave me a bad feeling.  Not cool.

AA is serious and they make it like it’s not.  Brownstone wants someone to go with her, then go to lunch or wherever like it’s happy party time.  She should go herself and face the damn music herself, and Gina shouldn’t have gone with her.  It’s not a picnic.  I really hate all this.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, amarante said:

I would think it is relative as from what she has described of her married lifestyle, it was a private jets from a lifestyle supported by multi-multi millions.

Elizabeth will go to a merely "rich" lifestyle because there is a huge difference between living the way she was able to in marriage where literally money was no object for anything and only having a few million. She would still be rich by most people's standards. 

Not that I liked Shannon's first house but that was a much more expensive home than the one she currently *rents*. It's not just the purchase price although obviously 10 or 15 million for a home is a lot but it's also the taxes; the insurance; the maintenance, the staff which would be required for that home - let alone multiple homes in different locations. Just water in Southern California can be thousands a month for a large property with lots of landscaping. 

Shannon’s first house was the one where she made David seal it or whatever.  Right?  No computers in the house and I forgot what else.  What was she afraid of?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Can a person bring friends to an AA meeting?

AA has open and closed meetings. Open meetings are for anyone interested. Closed meetings are ONLY for people who have a desire to stop drinking. No one has to call themselves an alcoholic - it's just about stopping drinking.

20 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

If her drinking has been that out of control, then I don't see how she could have stayed sober during any of her pregnancies

I know TONs of women alcoholics who didn't drink during pregnancy. The shakes are a withdrawal symptom, not an alcoholism symptom ( I never had 'em!), so once she got through withdrawal, the shakes would stop. I also know several alcoholic women who lost their desire to drink, while pregnant. Their hormones made a brain drug (probably just more dopamine) that killed all cravings, they they just started back up after the birth.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

What was she afraid of?

Everything!  I can't remember the specifics, but it may have been everything from the building materials to the feng shui.   I just remember a whole lot of crystals being hung everywhere! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Yeah, the whole discussion about it over dinner with Gina, Shannon, Elizabeth and their SO’s really gave me a bad feeling.  Not cool.

It reminded me why many people I know in AA don't like open meetings. People who aren't in the program don't always respect or honor the confidentiality and anonymity principles, which are extremely important. You are not supposed to mention anything (or anyone) you hear in a meeting. Period! 

I prefer closed meetings. 

I can absolutely see this on all the HW shows. I've also seen it on The Bachelor and other reality shows. Keep the booze flowing so the craziness will begin. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

AA is serious and they make it like it’s not.  Brownstone wants someone to go with her, then go to lunch or wherever like it’s happy party time.  She should go herself and face the damn music herself, and Gina shouldn’t have gone with her.  It’s not a picnic.  I really hate all this.

Granted, I have never been in AA, but my understanding is that it isn't like being at a court proceeding. I am not sure what music you expect her to face at a meeting - I believe the point is to find support with others in order to maintain sobriety. If Gina's attendance and having a nice lunch afterwards helps her do that, I don't see the problem. 

• Love 6

Well I caved and watched this shit, and what shit it is. This isn’t fun anymore. It’s a bunch of bitter people with dark lives. I’m almost expecting dr deb to tell Kelly how she used to party with Eddie Nash and left little Brown nose with him while she went over to score an 8 ball from the Wonderland gang. And how the hell does that scoldy, whiny, Old lady acting Shannon score a decent guy? She’s so unpleasant. And that damn Emily, making a fart smelling face Then shaking her head like Vicki. I’m sorry kids, but this just sucks. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Shannon is like Veruca Salt grown up. It was only around 9pm when they got back to their rooms after the staged and fake vow renewal that apparently didn't include any dinner food ...so why couldn't she and John order fresh room service for themselves, instead of 1) eating the cold old food 2) having a meltdown the next morning over her eggs because she was so hungry? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Shannon did still seem drunk.  She slept past the call time for shooting and had to go out in her robe.  Jimmy had ordered her multiple breakfast choices which he may have done before she was her semi-coherent self.  

Side note: I had eggs this morning and felt no need to throw a fit.  There were yolks in the omelet.  I lived to tell the tale, and I wasn't even at a fancy resort. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

On rewatch, i noticed that this episode may have been where this cast hits its stride for the season.  The pool scene, specifically, struck me as a watershed moment (no pun intended), where the cast finally realized they were finally going to sink or swim on the basis of relationships they can form amongst each other, without self-consciously looking back to Tamra and Vicki.  

The episode had a better flow to it than I originally gave it credit for.  We had Kelly and Shannon on one extreme, who have been around awhile and they get really drunk and that feels like old school OC and then we have a more new age OC in Gina, Braunwyn and Emily where they are going to AA meetings.  I’m kind of taking my time with judging it, because it may be the most fabulous clash or the titans in Housewife history, or this motley crew could somehow make it as a fun bunch.  I would be happy with either.  

I am not one for pranks by a long shot, but it did seem well-timed for Kelly to push Elizabeth into the pool.  Elizabeth had been spinning her wheels about her ex, everyone gave their own two cents, the woman still seemed irrational and determined to drive her sanity into the ground through this divorce, so she got a good-natured shove into the pool.  I wish more episodes would flow this way.  

At least it feels like “sad” and “tincture” have finally been put to bed.  If that’s all I got out of this episode, I’ll take it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 11/25/2020 at 6:50 PM, TexasGal said:

Elizabeth’s COVID comments aged well.  <crickets>

to be fair... i think many of us did not comprehend what was going down in march... we've learned a lot since then ... i wish i could know what her feelings are today

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, JLaw said:

to be fair... i think many of us did not comprehend what was going down in march... we've learned a lot since then ... i wish i could know what her feelings are today

to expand on this... i'm a big basketball fan and in march i thought people were overreacting cancelling seasons... i was wrong... i just don't want to drag people who had misinformed takes at the time...we are all learning through this fluid situation

• Love 7
On 11/28/2020 at 5:12 PM, amarante said:

Rich b/c of her husband's wealth.  She started off this show talking about her supposedly money-making businesses in addition to his wealth.  If she was making money on her own, she would not be groveling to him.  It's clear her lifestyle is funded by him.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JLaw said:

to expand on this... i'm a big basketball fan and in march i thought people were overreacting cancelling seasons... i was wrong... i just don't want to drag people who had misinformed takes at the time...we are all learning through this fluid situation

Agree 100%. Even this summer I still didn’t think I would be cancelling Thanksgiving or Christmas travel, yet here we are.  I can’t fault her or Kelly for thinking it was just a flu that would pass, I thought the same thing.  

Wanting to add, unless any of us had or has a crystal ball we are ALL (still) learning this as we go.  I am a person who “never gets sick,” so it took me a fair amount of time to realize how serious this whole thing was going to be.  Doesn’t make me a denier or a horrible person.  

Also, regarding Shannon.  I could feel her hangover through my TV.   Ouch!  

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 11
On 11/28/2020 at 9:46 AM, Boo Boo said:

Shannon is also still hung up on her ex-husband. 

I think Shannon is still hung up on the "concept" of her married life; being married.

She gave me no indication she even liked the guy. Personnally, I very much miss the "fantasy" I had of my married life, my lifestyle and what it could have been, had I chose better. Like Shannon, there were signs but never saw it coming and was blindsighted. Hard to get over being played.

Am I hung up on my cheating, lying, dead eye David. Hell no. He actually did me a favor.

• Love 6

well I’m finally out. It was a good run, but I have hit the wall. They’re making the central character a woman who always to appear on the edge of a real life breakdown. Something terrible happened to Bronwyn. I’m suspecting it had to do with the so called enlightened crowd that clown ass mother ran with. And Bravo allowing that abusive woman to continue abusing her daughter on TV is disgusting. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

well I’m finally out. It was a good run, but I have hit the wall. They’re making the central character a woman who always to appear on the edge of a real life breakdown. Something terrible happened to Bronwyn. I’m suspecting it had to do with the so called enlightened crowd that clown ass mother ran with. And Bravo allowing that abusive woman to continue abusing her daughter on TV is disgusting. 

Those "enlightened" men are some of the biggest predators.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Rich b/c of her husband's wealth.  She started off this show talking about her supposedly money-making businesses in addition to his wealth.  If she was making money on her own, she would not be groveling to him.  It's clear her lifestyle is funded by him.  

I am a believer that any wealth accumulated during a marriage belongs to both spouses. It isn’t “his” money, nor is she groveling. He asked her to be his life’s partner and give up the chance to have children, she agreed. He then cheated on her and fathered a child with the mistress. She should get as much as possible of the accumulated wealth, she earned it by complying with the terms they agreed to.

• Love 7
On 11/28/2020 at 5:56 PM, Silver Bells said:

I think Gina said she is still in court ordered AA, so it actually makes sense to buddy up and go together.  And it's actually quite common to go out to lunch or dinner after an AA meeting.  Sometimes a really good meeting makes you feel great and a million times better than when you walked in!

It's frustrating to see that so many people still think there is only one type of alcoholic, the kind that drinks every day, all day, physically addicted, obvious drunk.  There are all kinds of alcoholics, and it's not uncommon for someone who is an alcoholic to be able to quit drinking during a pregnancy.  Same as chain smokers will quit and start right back up again.  It's frustrating, not because I think people who only know about the one type of drunk are assholes, just misinformed, but it can be really problematic when someone like Braunwyn says, "I'm an alcoholic," and people respond, "Nah, I don't think so." I know people probably don't think that happens in real life, but it does, and it can be dangerous.  People can be VERY resistant to someone changing.

Another way to put it: when I decided to go to AA, I told one of my close friends, and she was really shocked.  "Lasu, do you think you're an alcoholic?" "I do."  "Do you think *I'm* an alcoholic??" And we both cracked up.  Because even though from the outside looking in, our drinking was almost identical, but I had a problem and she didn't.

As far as the tequila goes, I know when I was in AA, the only thing that bothered me was champagne, though it wasn't even my what I primarily drink/drank.  I had more issues being around champagne than anything else, and it's what eventually led me to leave AA, because AA didn't have room for moderation, and I wanted a glass of champagne on my 40th birthday.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I am a believer that any wealth accumulated during a marriage belongs to both spouses. It isn’t “his” money, nor is she groveling. He asked her to be his life’s partner and give up the chance to have children, she agreed. He then cheated on her and fathered a child with the mistress. She should get as much as possible of the accumulated wealth, she earned it by complying with the terms they agreed to.

Good points!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dsnygrl33 said:

i will admit to naively thinking that COVID-19 would blow over in a few months and trying to be optimistic about it and am not a conspiracy theorist. 

I 100% believed it was real, and 100% had no conception of the fact it was going to be what it was.  I think if Elizabeth had just said this will all blow over in two months, we be identifying with her rather than being annoyed.  It was that she said that AND that Big Pharma was behind the whole thing that had me rolling my eyes at her.  There was a point where I was advocating hard AGAINST masks (because at the very start they said don't) so there have been points I have been completely wrong, but I don't that's the same as wearing a tin foil hat.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Don’t go.  Do like I do as I’m down to this and N.Y.  Just fast forward when those maniacs come on.  Maybe posters are complaining to Bravo, and they will show them less .. I hope.

• Love 4
On 11/29/2020 at 8:28 AM, ChitChat said:

Everything!  I can't remember the specifics, but it may have been everything from the building materials to the feng shui.   I just remember a whole lot of crystals being hung everywhere! 

Shannon probably ran the house the way she alone wanted.  No electronics, etc.  David had no say it seems like.  She probably cooked very healthy, but maybe it wasn’t to their taste, plus she was always on a diet, so who knows what they ate.  Apparently, she doesn’t realize too much alcohol is bad for your liver, brain, etc.  She doesn’t make sense.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Hmm, and Kelly is good friends with New York Ramona. And as you know Ramona introduced Kelly to Rick.

Ramona Singer, brainiac extraordinaire, defyer of masks at parties, insensitive loudmouth, lack of empathy, no mouth filter, malapropism maven, facts be damned. 

Like. Attracts. Like.  

Plus, Rick owns a house near Ramona, so they will be hanging together.  Maybe Rick will fix Ramona up with one of his friends from Fox.  Everyone from the City bought houses out there.  It’s a clusterfuck.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
On 11/27/2020 at 10:00 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Sean seems like he is just biding his time, maybe he is playing along just so Brawny has a story line.  Shannon's boyfriend is at most her wrangler/handler, what does he see in her if this is a common occurance?  Shannon's name should be Shannon "I'm not as think as you drunk I am" Storms-Beador.  Side note to her handler, keep her away from any and all kids that are not hers, cringe is not a strong enough word.  My new life goal is to get really tanked then find a Hispanic person so I can blather on about the cube of queso in Spanish (side note to self, learn Spanish).

Brawny inviting Emily and Gina to AA seems odd, shouldn't those two be going to Alanon instead of being a pair of looky lu's to what should be a private or anonymous gathering?  I have never known an alcoholic to only drink one thing and nothing else, Brawny liking tequilla more than wine, vodka, etc...wouldn't she just drink the next available if there were no tequilla available? 

Elizabeth is sort of all over the map about her life, we will never get the fact from fiction and her boyfriend looks like a very tall toddler.  Her dress at the renewal was bad as was Emily's and to add insult to injury she topped it off with a headband and bad earrings.  Gina dipped in to her 1989 New Jersey wardrobe box and pulled out that lumpy sweater dress and then something fell out of Betsy Johnson's hair!  We got a little of everything from our time spent in that very low ceilinged claustraphobic event space, didn't we? 

Back in the day when I was just starting to date after my multi million dollar divorce settlement (not, lol), I dated a guy who took me to NYC for a long weekend and we stayed at The Parker Meridian over looking Central Park, it was devine, now I want to someday go to Palm Springs and stay at the Parker just to have room service delivered via tricycle. 

Kelly pushing Elizabeth in the pool was an odd thing to do, I wonder if Elizabeth's phone was ruined?  

You have totally nailed Elizabeth's boyfriend's looks ! I've been trying to all season and couldn't find the right words.  

He's got this weird round undeveloped baby face like that of a one year old, on top of a mans body. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Bossa Nova said:

You have totally nailed Elizabeth's boyfriend's looks ! I've been trying to all season and couldn't find the right words.  

He's got this weird round undeveloped baby face like that of a two year old, on top of a mans body. 

OMG like a Cabbage Patch Kid!  Now I can’t unsee it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, OdinO. said:

Those "enlightened" men are some of the biggest predators.

No kidding. I know a lot of people don’t like Rose McGowan, but she has a lot to say, and I believe she was badly abused. 

on a lighter note, I’m dying to put some hair fibers on that blonde woman’s BF. And who the hell is she? 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

He's got this weird round undeveloped baby face like that of a one year old, on top of a mans body. 

I calls 'em like I sees 'em!

• Love 3
On 11/28/2020 at 9:24 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I suspect that Elizabeth thinks that if she admits to sleeping with Jimmy it will impact her divorce settlement; that is, she'll be accused of cheating.  They've been separated so long and her husband fathered a child with another woman so it wouldn't at all, but she seems like she's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.  She's not Kelly Dodd levels of stupid, but she's in the neighborhood.

Jimmy is an unattractive, balding man with a really tiny head.  He has shown no compelling personality on camera.  I am not sure what she finds so appealing.  At least she doesn't have to worry about the other women trying to snatch him up.

giphy.gif 

I’ve been assuming there is something in a pre-nup that would impact Elizabeth if she admits to sleeping with someone before the divorce is final.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3