Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Do Not Disturb

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Carrying the weight of the deck team begins to take a toll on Eddie. Feeling out of his element, James struggles to connect with his crewmates. Mistakes from a few people fracture the charter, and Captain Lee is forced to level with the crew after a series of dangerous mishaps. Ultimately, Shane’s repeated follies push Eddie over the edge.

Airdate: 11.23.2020

• Useful 1

The beach picnic is a staple of the BD shows, just to show the cast dealing with a pointless task.  Kind of like teams on The Apprentice setting up a lemonade stand, though I've never watched that show.

I doubt the guests cared about going to the beach at all.  They would have been content to eat on the yacht and then sit in the jacuzzi by the looks of them.  They got so hungry from waiting that they wolfed their food down and wanted to go back as soon as they could.

But the goal seems to be to make certain members of the crew look bad so they can be dressed down and told to shape up or they will be shipped out.

They did miss a lot of things.  You'd think they'd have a list to go over before packing the boat.  But some of the things are stupid like the sunscreen.  You'd think the kids would have applied that on themselves already though they could stay away from the sun on the yacht and they did have that tent over the table.  So the stewardesses forgot the sunscreen but they packed the golf clubs and balls?

That beach wasn't even that great anyways.  I think the views from the yacht were better, not to mention the tables and chairs were probably more comfortable.

The charter guests are suppose to be paying all this money to be on a luxurious super yacht and they really wanted to eat on some beach sitting on rickety chairs instead?  BD needs to give up this fiction.

Edited by aghst
  • Love 18

This season is terrible. I like Eddie and the chef but don’t find the others very interesting. I get why Kate left but she was somewhat entertaining with her resting bitch face antics. The new chief stew doesn’t seem confident as a manager.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Marley said:

Yikes am I remembering wrong or was that tip horrible and like one of the worst yet on the show. No surprise with those little dbags tho.

Their parents gave them more but they blew it on booze before the cruise.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Interesting that Captian Lee didn't say how much the total tip was he said they left us $1000 each. I don't know how many shared in the tio so I couldn't figure out the total tip. It was like he was told not to say the amount because it was so "small."  Seems like waiting on people for 2 days and cleaning their cabins and getting  a $1000 tip is pretty nice. 

• Useful 1
58 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Interesting that Captian Lee didn't say how much the total tip was he said they left us $1000 each. I don't know how many shared in the tio so I couldn't figure out the total tip. It was like he was told not to say the amount because it was so "small."  Seems like waiting on people for 2 days and cleaning their cabins and getting  a $1000 tip is pretty nice. 

I thought he said they left $12,000, which was less than half of what the jack ass group before them left.  That's the smallest tip I've seen on this show.  At least this group was less demanding and like others said I think they would have just enjoyed hanging on the boat in the jacuzzi.   

So far this season is pretty dull.  The running theme  seems to be how inept the cast is at their jobs.  Yawn.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, aghst said:

They did miss a lot of things.  You'd think they'd have a list to go over before packing the boat.

Both Hannah & Kate used checklists. While we didn't specifically see Francesca with one, we did see her task Elizabeth (Liz?) with the margaritas & sunscreen.  I'm sorry, but Elizabeth (again Liz?  at this point you'd think I'd know her name) seems brazenly inept.  At the tip meeting, Captain Lee told crew members that they need to step up. It was obviously directed at her in particular and she just smiled and then complained about Francesca's energy or something in her interview.  

Francesca does need to be more direct and bit harsh to get through that bubble head.  Appointing her 2nd stew after one charter was a mistake.  Had Elizabeth (Liz?) been a stronger worker, it might have been a good motivator but instead, I think she got even lazier.  Ashling is already a stronger performer and I suspect we'll soon see Elizabeth (Liz? )relegated to the laundry room.

Francesca also needs to communicate better with Rachel, although the dinner location change miscommunication was again completely Elizabeth (Liz's) fault. She tried the radio and then what, just gave up?

Eddie was star of the episode.  The solicited feedback to Captain Lee about the interior was both on point and diplomatic. He was great with Izzy, and he didn't murder Shane for taking a little nap in the middle of work!

Edited by snarts
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I thought he said they left $12,000, which was less than half of what the jack ass group before them left.  That's the smallest tip I've seen on this show. 

I knew the tip would be a pitance, these kids are set up in life to think they are deserving of the world on a silver platter, seeing how hard the crew worked albeit forgotten items that were retrieved and some minor delays, the guests did not go without, think about it, they had a somewhat naked sushi model, that alone even though it is douchy and dated and probably does not make the sushi taste any better should have been worth a few tip dollars.  I felt bad for the chef, she busted her chef ass creating really good food for them and many times it is the food that tips the tip scale.

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I felt bad for the chef, she busted her chef ass creating really good food for them and many times it is the food that tips the tip scale.

That group seemed like they really didn't care about how hard anyone was working on that boat.  Just a bunch of rich kids spending Daddy's money.   I felt bad for Rachel when she was grilling and Francesca didn't even bother to let her know that the guests were eating in another area.   Francesca seems to have communication problems, I think that's why the stews seem so overwhelmed at times.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I knew the tip would be a pitance, these kids are set up in life to think they are deserving of the world on a silver platter, seeing how hard the crew worked albeit forgotten items that were retrieved and some minor delays, the guests did not go without, think about it, they had a somewhat naked sushi model, that alone even though it is douchy and dated and probably does not make the sushi taste any better should have been worth a few tip dollars.  I felt bad for the chef, she busted her chef ass creating really good food for them and many times it is the food that tips the tip scale.

I felt bad for Rachel, too, but great cooking and chef skills seem to be lost on most young 20-somethings.  Most of them are more interested in drinking (as evidenced by this group), and food is more an accompaniment to the drinks than the other way around.  With my kids and their friends, when they are on vacation or partying, they want halfway decent food to eat for meals, really good munchie food and really greasy hangover food, with lots and lots of drinks in between.  Forget about "upscaling" for this age group - they want exactly what they want, which isn't too much above typical pub grub or pizza.

They asked for mac and cheese balls!!  Breaded, deep fried macaroni and cheese!!!  Rachel seemed happy to make that, except she had no macaroni.  

They probably would have been happy with bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast, instead of lobster benedict.

The tip reflected what most 20-somethings consider to be a decent tip.  As privileged as they (at least the primary charter guests) seemed, they really have no idea of "good" tipping, as their parents are probably always footing the bill.  

I do wonder if they had a proper mixologist on board (or brought one on for one night), if that would have impressed this group - someone creating interesting cocktails and unique shots, just for them.  Maybe that would have increased the tip, which really was kind of pathetic, but expected, given the age of this group.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I thought he said they left $12,000, which was less than half of what the jack ass group before them left.  That's the smallest tip I've seen on this show.  At least this group was less demanding and like others said I think they would have just enjoyed hanging on the boat in the jacuzzi.   

So far this season is pretty dull.  The running theme  seems to be how inept the cast is at their jobs.  Yawn.

I've been half watching older episodes recently and I'm pretty sure it may have been the first season when they got a really bad tip, I think it was around $400.00 per person.

I remember Kat being pretty pissed because they worked hard and got a really shitty tip. It may have been the episode where two guests decided spur of the moment they wanted to get married. I remember the crew thinking they'd get a decent tip because they saved them a ton of money having their wedding on the cruise. 

Rich people are weird.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

The guests were degusting.

I went to private school in NYC.  In order to graduate you had to do one semester of community service.  I worked as a candy striper in a hospital  Maybe they should make kids do that today.  

Totally agree. Or work in customer service.

I work with some 20 somethings in my office and I could see them tipping like that. "double the tax" mentality thinking that is enough.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I went to private school in NYC.  In order to graduate you had to do one semester of community service.  I worked as a candy striper in a hospital  Maybe they should make kids do that today.  

Private school in LA here. We had a number of hours we had to do every year in order to advance to the next grade and they increased each year from 7th to 12th. I was shocked at how these kids behaved as someone who grew up in a similar environment. That tip made me want to reach through the screen and smack sense into them. Rachel's food looked fantastic, and I would have jumped at that Oo-Toro last week.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Pretty sure the casting notice (for guests) for this show, specifies that the price includes a $15k tip. So these jackholes are TRULY terrible people, and spent that extra $3k on themselves. 

Maybe that's what the naked sushi model cost.  I don't think that would be included in the charter cost. 

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

1 hour ago, suzsqueak said:

Private school in LA here. We had a number of hours we had to do every year in order to advance to the next grade and they increased each year from 7th to 12th. I was shocked at how these kids behaved as someone who grew up in a similar environment. That tip made me want to reach through the screen and smack sense into them. Rachel's food looked fantastic, and I would have jumped at that Oo-Toro last week.

If these kids when to private school and had to do any type of community service, it was probably something that their parents arranged for them - you know - helping out with a youth team of their chosen sport, or something else easy like that.

• Love 1

My kids are in public school and have to do 75 hours of community service to graduate but I think the types of experiences make the difference because some of the things that qualify are pretty meaningless. I doubt any number of hours of cs would likely make a difference in these people. Having to work for what you have might though. 
I haven’t even watched this episode, I’m waiting for complete desperation to set in because this is the last on my list of what to watch anymore and by the lack of responses in this topic, I don’t appear to be alone. 
I can’t tell anyone apart either and there isn’t any real reason to from what I’ve seen. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Is anyone still watching this? I have never seen a forum so barren after an episode. Seems pretty indicative of this snooze fest of a season. 

Haha! So true. I was so f'n bored with this episode. I could not find one minuscule thing to comment on. But that might be because I fell asleep. 

Bravo offers nothing entertaining anymore. Maybe they're waiting on the next season of Vanderpump Rules. Or whatever the new version is supposed to be. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Haha! So true. I was so f'n bored with this episode. I could not find one minuscule thing to comment on. But that might be because I fell asleep. 

Did you have a super cute little sleep mask, like Shane?  Granted, I’m old enough to be his mother but I just can’t imagine a young 20’s dude owning a sleep mask.  Let alone packing one for his super yacht job.

So the episode description was literally meaning James couldn’t connect with his crew mates - because none of them could understand him?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I felt bad for Rachel, too, but great cooking and chef skills seem to be lost on most young 20-somethings.  Most of them are more interested in drinking (as evidenced by this group), and food is more an accompaniment to the drinks than the other way around.  With my kids and their friends, when they are on vacation or partying, they want halfway decent food to eat for meals, really good munchie food and really greasy hangover food, with lots and lots of drinks in between.  Forget about "upscaling" for this age group - they want exactly what they want, which isn't too much above typical pub grub or pizza.

They asked for mac and cheese balls!!  Breaded, deep fried macaroni and cheese!!!  Rachel seemed happy to make that, except she had no macaroni.  

They probably would have been happy with bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast, instead of lobster benedict.

The tip reflected what most 20-somethings consider to be a decent tip.  As privileged as they (at least the primary charter guests) seemed, they really have no idea of "good" tipping, as their parents are probably always footing the bill.  

I do wonder if they had a proper mixologist on board (or brought one on for one night), if that would have impressed this group - someone creating interesting cocktails and unique shots, just for them.  Maybe that would have increased the tip, which really was kind of pathetic, but expected, given the age of this group.

Yes, a flair bartender would have been the thing to do, it would have been a good thing just to give the stews a break too.  This would have been the group to serve Kiko's fried and cheese covered take on a Las Vegas buffet.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have a confession, all of the stews look alike to me, I cannot tell one from the other.

Thank you! I thought my age must be catching up with me! I can't tell one from the other which is frustrating when you're trying to follow a storyline.  Glad I'm not alone in this.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

This season is terrible. I like Eddie and the chef but don’t find the others very interesting. I get why Kate left but she was somewhat entertaining with her resting bitch face antics. The new chief stew doesn’t seem confident as a manager.

Agree this season is horrid and so boring, I can barely stand the two deck hands.

• Love 5

I've always liked Captain Lee, but I think he is going blind when it comes to who is doing a good job and who isn't. I  completely agree that Eddie deserved the props he got at the tip meeting. He is working his ass off while managing a difficult, green crew very well. But why is Captain Lee complimenting Francesca? Yes, she may be hardworking, but the beach picnic was a complete disaster and he knows the interior is having communication issues. To me, these are things that fall squarely on the chief stew's shoulders. Then there's the fact that the guests singled out the food as being amazing when they were leaving. Where was the praise for Rachel at the tip meeting? Not to mention that Ashling and Izzy did a great job this charter too.

Based on what we've seen so far, I don't understand why Captain Lee thinks so highly of Francesca. Or why he made everyone else feel like shit when it was really only Liz, James and Shane who deserved it.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Jsage said:

I've always liked Captain Lee, but I think he is going blind when it comes to who is doing a good job and who isn't. I  completely agree that Eddie deserved the props he got at the tip meeting. He is working his ass off while managing a difficult, green crew very well. But why is Captain Lee complimenting Francesca? Yes, she may be hardworking, but the beach picnic was a complete disaster and he knows the interior is having communication issues. To me, these are things that fall squarely on the chief stew's shoulders. Then there's the fact that the guests singled out the food as being amazing when they were leaving. Where was the praise for Rachel at the tip meeting? Not to mention that Ashling and Izzy did a great job this charter too.

Based on what we've seen so far, I don't understand why Captain Lee thinks so highly of Francesca. Or why he made everyone else feel like shit when it was really only Liz, James and Shane who deserved it.

I could be wrong, but didn’t we see Francesca on the radio telling second stew (Liz? Elizabeth?) specifically to pack a sunscreen basket as well as discussing the two pitchers of margaritas: spicy and skinny. Once Francesca has tasked someone, she should be able to rely that the person actually does the job.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I could be wrong, but didn’t we see Francesca on the radio telling second stew (Liz? Elizabeth?) specifically to pack a sunscreen basket as well as discussing the two pitchers of margaritas: spicy and skinny. Once Francesca has tasked someone, she should be able to rely that the person actually does the job.

I feel like she told her in person to pack the sunscreen. And the margaritas 

2 hours ago, Jsage said:

On WWHL he chose Kate over Francesca, and said we haven’t seen the drama yet in this season. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I recorded this and have tried to watch twice, I fell asleep at about the 40 minute mark both times.

• Love 3

I finally watched the episode, it was dull.  

But as far as the tip, the only person who seemed to whine about it was the guy who spent the entire episode whining.  So I guess I - and it seems like most on the yacht - didn't think the tip was as bad as everyone here thinks it was?  (I'll also cop to possible editing for lack of complaints, although why they would I can't figure.  To highlight James' issues?) Even Captain Lee has bitched about shitty tips before. 

I'm from rural roots and grew up next to a prison and airport, but ended up at a very snooty private-school- and  Manhattan-populated liberal arts college, which informed a lot of my path since.  While these kids were rich and annoying, they were about a 2-3 on the 1-10 evil scale, in my experience.

But Jesus, what a little bitch James is.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, stcroix said:

Thank you! I thought my age must be catching up with me! I can't tell one from the other which is frustrating when you're trying to follow a storyline.  Glad I'm not alone in this.

I think it is our age lol but that is okay, age allows us many perks like drinking wine when ever the hell we want!

This is the least diverse crew we have had in a while.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

I recorded this and have tried to watch twice, I fell asleep at about the 40 minute mark both times.

You got through 40 minutes?! I'm proud of you. 

This show should come with a warning like Benadryl..."CAUTION. this show may cause drowsiness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery etc.."

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

At this point Eddie is better off just keeping Izzy. Both Shane and James lack any type of work ethic.  I loved Eddie encouraging Izzy.  She didn't feel comfortable driving a tender filled with drunk guests and spoke up. 

My favorite part of the episode was the beach picnic.  That's because I'm from the islands and due to COVID I can't visit.  So I just sat here living vicariously through the guests.

I'm starting to identify the stews by who has the blondest hair. I know it's horrible, I just can't tell them apart. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

My kids are in public school and have to do 75 hours of community service to graduate but I think the types of experiences make the difference because some of the things that qualify are pretty meaningless.

I never understood the purpose of forcing people to volunteer in order to graduate high school.  To me, it turns what should be rewarding work into a chore, and seems more like virtue signaling. 

I also have to wonder why James seems to think he is on vacation.  Are there really people who apply for this show and have never seen an episode?

• Love 3

This is the group that would loved Kiko’s Vegas dinner!

I guess Francesca should have made three written copies of everything necessary for the picnic.

The reason kids are made to do community service is the same reasons they have to read books that might not interest them, take PE, and take field trips.

These things may all seem like a chore (might not) but they provide enrichment. Depending on the habits and values of different families, they may never be presented in their homes. The students will learn beyond the standardized tests and the activity might inspire a lifelong passion.

My daughter has formed a lifelong (so far anyway) attachment to Habitat for Humanity after visiting a site in 4th grade. I’ve seen the pride in working for something beyond themselves. If everyone is doing it, it’s more fun as well.

If you can’t tell, I’m a fan of compulsory community service!

Edited by lcarolynl
  • Applause 1
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I have no clue what was going on there.  How could so many things be forgotten? 

Why was it so important to make one trip?  The beach was about 30 seconds away and half of the items they forgot could be brought over on a Jetski.  They shouldn't worry as much about the lists and planning and just get the guests there with covering and food on time and ferry any other items from the boat.

Also, where does one go to the bathroom on these beach picnics?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Also, where does one go to the bathroom on these beach picnics?

Never thought about that but it's a good question. I've wondered where charter guests dogs go to relieve themselves while onboard.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Never thought about that but it's a good question. I've wondered where charter guests dogs go to relieve themselves while onboard.

They have only had one or two. They had fake grass/puppy pads and also when they were close to shore one of the deck hands took the dog for a walk. 

• Love 1
On 11/25/2020 at 8:11 AM, Lassus said:

I'm from rural roots and grew up next to a prison and airport, but ended up at a very snooty private-school- and  Manhattan-populated liberal arts college, which informed a lot of my path since.  While these kids were rich and annoying, they were about a 2-3 on the 1-10 evil scale, in my experience.

But Jesus, what a little bitch James is.

Well it might seem like I’m stalking you, because this is the second college related post you’ve made that I’m commenting on (RHOSLC) I use my rich kid stories from that college to entertain and scare my teen son. Although I was one of the Manhattan kids, I went to public school and had never met the likes of the trust fund babies I encountered there.

I think community service, compulsory or otherwise, is excellent for all. In fact, I would be in favor of all teens doing a mandatory year of service when they turn 18, like required army service in some countries. It expands the world to many kids who live sheltered lives and that is usually a very good thing.

I think James is so very lazy he may never even have bothered to watch a season of a reality show to which he applied.

• Love 5
On 11/26/2020 at 6:39 AM, Jack Sampson said:

Why was it so important to make one trip?  The beach was about 30 seconds away and half of the items they forgot could be brought over on a Jetski.  They shouldn't worry as much about the lists and planning and just get the guests there with covering and food on time and ferry any other items from the boat.

I think having to go back and forth multiple times because you forgot stuff indicates a poor lack of organization, and doesn't make you or your crew look particularly good.  I suppose also if you are a guest, it would be annoying if it takes five or ten minutes to get what you requested because the crew forgot it on the boat.   

• Love 7
On 11/27/2020 at 10:36 AM, txhorns79 said:

I think having to go back and forth multiple times because you forgot stuff indicates a poor lack of organization, and doesn't make you or your crew look particularly good.  I suppose also if you are a guest, it would be annoying if it takes five or ten minutes to get what you requested because the crew forgot it on the boat.   

I agree. Also, in this case it seem didn’t that taking everything on one trip had anything to do with what was forgotten, Elizabeth was responsible for both items and didn’t seem particularly flummoxed or stressed gathering everything.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
On 11/26/2020 at 3:39 AM, Jack Sampson said:

Maybe two trips but the constant back and forth was ridiculous! For the money, all of their needs should have been anticipated, and while Francesca did anticipate the margaritas and sunscreen, they didn't make it to the beach and that's the point of sunscreen and margaritas! And tequila for shots.

Which makes me wonder, what could have been brought over on a jet ski? Certainly not the margaritas. A basket of sunscreen? That sounds awkward to me. 

Eddie had work he still had to do on the boat, he didn't need to be running back to the beach over and over again. No one else could drive the tinder and as I said above, I don't know about using the jet ski, that sounds like an accident waiting to happen. 
It's disrespectful of the deck crew to mismanage the picnic like that. And from the guests perspective it just looks sloppy and mismanaged.

• Love 6

And whether or not it was a big deal to make several trips, they started it all off with a clip of Captain Lee saying "Let's get this all done in one trip."  Whether or not his directive was sensible, he is the Captain and they need to try to obey orders; one extra trip for the first beach picnic by a green crew, no biggie, but seven?  

• Love 2
On 11/27/2020 at 12:53 PM, NYCFree said:

I use my rich kid stories from that college to entertain and scare my teen son. Although I was one of the Manhattan kids, I went to public school and had never met the likes of the trust fund babies I encountered there.

No worries on possible stalking.  Do you think my assessment of these kids vs. the evil (and it wasn't a majority, but certainly a presence) kids at VC is accurate as an evil comparison?  (Although it's fun to snark, I loved my time there.)

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Lassus said:

No worries on possible stalking.  Do you think my assessment of these kids vs. the evil (and it wasn't a majority, but certainly a presence) kids at VC is accurate as an evil comparison?  (Although it's fun to snark, I loved my time there.)

Yes, these yacht goers weren’t “evil” but like some of the very wealthy kids I got to know, very much the suns around which all others orbit (in their minds). I loved my time at VC as well, we must have overlapped given the actress you mentioned.

• Love 1