Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Tell All Part 2

• Start Topic

In part two of the Tell All, our couples return with more revelations and drama. Colt clashes with his exes. Kalani questions if her marriage can be saved. Tania criticizes Syngin's drinking. Michael wants Skyla's egg.

Airs October 4, 2020.

Watched the 20 minute preview. Kalani and Asuelu. Mother A wants money. Mother A realizes that her son has no money. Maybe he can find some. Tammy wants Asuelu to find some money to send - maybe if he sends some she can send less - and pretty much would like to beat up the entire Kalani family. That is not likely to make money flow in to Mother A’s coffers. Oh, and Asuelu, who lives with Kalani, in her house, a few feet away from her, has blocked her from his social media and phone. I enjoyed Andrei’s rolling his eyes and he and Libby’s bafflement at this. And Angela screaming.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

SInce people who commit or threaten domestic violence aren't allowed to sponsor people for green cards, if Tammy is Mama A's sponsor, the commuting back and forth to Samoa could end.    (Tammy and her sister are from American Samoa, and U.S. citizens), Mama A is Samoan, and needs a green card. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Watched the 20 minute preview. Kalani and Asuelu. Mother A wants money. Mother A realizes that her son has no money. Maybe he can find some. Tammy wants Asuelu to find some money to send - maybe if he sends some she can send less - and pretty much would like to beat up the entire Kalani family. That is not likely to make money flow in to Mother A’s coffers. Oh, and Asuelu, who lives with Kalani, in her house, a few feet away from her, has blocked her from his social media and phone. I enjoyed Andrei’s rolling his eyes and he and Libby’s bafflement at this. And Angela screaming.

Dear Family Asuelu: 

The best way to "find" money in the USA is to get a job that pays you.  Volleyball does not pay (unless you're the coach), but it takes up time that a healthy young man should spend working, or looking for work.

Dear Tammy:

Do you have one of those "job" things referenced above?  If you do, you can choose how to spend the money you find.  However, just as no one else should be able to tell you what to do with your money, you should not be able to tell anyone else what to do with theirs.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

SInce people who commit or threaten domestic violence aren't allowed to sponsor people for green cards, if Tammy is Mama A's sponsor, the commuting back and forth to Samoa could end.    

Before their trip to Portland, Asuelo explained that Tammy and Rosa were born in American Samoa, which is U.S. territory.  So, they don't need visas.  Mother Asuelu already has a Green Card (so she can get a job and earn her own money) and lives with one of his sisters part-time; she travels back and forth.  

• Love 2

I loved it when Asuelu was being criticized and trashed and he finally had enough and left, and they're like "Why did he leave?!?!?" 

I'm not defending him, and I think blocking Kalani's number is hilariously hilarious, but what do these people want??  He is who he is.  That's not his fault--it's just how he is, especially when it comes to his latest transgression, not being emotionally comforting to Kalani.  Maybe, just maybe, he can change, but it's going to take a lot of work, and nothing's going to happen until he decides he wants to change.  And it doesn't look like any of that is going to happen.

Kolini in particular bitches about how all of this is on Kalani's shoulders.  Yeah.  So what?  It's because the man she married and had TWO kids with is who he is.  Kalani needs to decide what Kalani needs to do.  And Kalani is not making the decision that Kolini thinks she should make, so Kolini keeps piling on Asuelu because he's the adjacent target.  But Asuelu looks to be unchangeable to me, and I seriously doubt Kolini's badgering him and bad-mouthing him is going to cause an "aha!" moment in him. 

Does Kalani just not want to "lose" to Asuelu's mother and Tammy, or to admit to Kolini that she made a mistake?  Because I don't get it.

• Love 20

I think it would be hilarious if Kalani added Asuelu’s phone to her “find my phone” app so that it will beep loudly when she tries to find his phone.  Busted!  He’s probably hidden in the coat closet behind some storage boxes, lighting matches just to watch them burn like a 5yo.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I think it would be hilarious if Kalani added Asuelu’s phone to her “find my phone” app so that it will beep loudly when she tries to find his phone.

She did admit to putting a tracking app on his phone. Maybe he thinks if he blocks her she can't track him? 

"Flounce Out of (Virtual) Tell All" score so far:

Asuelu 2X

Debbie 1X

From the previews it looks like Angela is going to be next

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Well, how can Kalani ever know if Asuelu is out playing volleyball without a mask if she can't see his social media....duh.

Its the perfect crime.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I loved it when Asuelu was being criticized and trashed and he finally had enough and left, and they're like "Why did he leave?!?!?" 

I'm not defending him, and I think blocking Kalani's number is hilariously hilarious, but what do these people want??  He is who he is.  That's not his fault--it's just how he is, especially when it comes to his latest transgression, not being emotionally comforting to Kalani.  Maybe, just maybe, he can change, but it's going to take a lot of work, and nothing's going to happen until he decides he wants to change.  And it doesn't look like any of that is going to happen.

Kolini in particular bitches about how all of this is on Kalani's shoulders.  Yeah.  So what?  It's because the man she married and had TWO kids with is who he is.  Kalani needs to decide what Kalani needs to do.  And Kalani is not making the decision that Kolini thinks she should make, so Kolini keeps piling on Asuelu because he's the adjacent target.  But Asuelu looks to be unchangeable to me, and I seriously doubt Kolini's badgering him and bad-mouthing him is going to cause an "aha!" moment in him. 

Does Kalani just not want to "lose" to Asuelu's mother and Tammy, or to admit to Kolini that she made a mistake?  Because I don't get it.

So. Much. This. 

I personally think Asuelu is all sorts of bad.  He is one of those insufferable people who are a weird mix of defensiveness, stupidity and arrogance.  I have no idea how Kalani is even remotely attracted to him.  That clip of him eating an apple with apple spittle collecting in the corners of his mouth and his completely vacant eyes....ick.

I think he is unchangeable but its been clear for a while now that Asuelu is not going to change, so at this point, it is what it is and Kalani is just as culpable.  You can't expect him to change, because he won't.  He doesn't think there is a problem, he just knows that people tell him there is a problem.  I guess its some sunk cost fallacy, but she needs to snap out of it, because at this point she is the architect of her own misery. 

ETA: Kalani, just let Tammy and Mother A have that part time yogurt money.  Idiot Aseulu will probably bring a case of covid home to his elderly mother

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 21

You would think that Family Asuelu would know that if he divorces, he will then owe child support. Whatever, they're probably just looking for a spin-off.

Shaun says that Vanessa's part of the Yell All is "Shocking."

I tried to find the entire clip but couldn't.

• Love 3

The 20  minute preview.

Is Tammy either dead or on drugs?  Her "I'm going to beat you up too" was so unconvincing. It was like she was reading a script.

I know alot of people cheered when Angela said she was going to beat Tammy up but Angela is a gas lighting abuser.

The fact that Asuleu doesn't care about covid and wants to expand his social bubble is scary.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Wonder if Tammy has a criminal record. If you keep beating up people, some may have you charged.

The girl is half in a coma.  I don't think she can muster up the energy to beat anybody up.  She probably needs a nap just after threatening.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 10/3/2020 at 4:15 PM, RealReality said:

I personally think Asuelu is all sorts of bad.  He is one of those insufferable people who are a weird mix of defensiveness, stupidity and arrogance.  I have no idea how Kalani is even remotely attracted to him.  That clip of him eating an apple with apple spittle collecting in the corners of his mouth and his completely vacant eyes....ick.

This describes him PERFECTLY!!

• Love 7
On 10/3/2020 at 1:13 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, but if Mama A.'s sponsor is Tammy, because of her income level, then Tammy might want to stop threatening people.   It's not as if Kalani's family would be loco enough to sponsor Mama A.   I'm assuming Mama A. needs a sponsor.  

Mama A doesn’t need a sponsor. She is a green card holder (likely through her marriage to Tammy’s USC dad, or though Tammy after she turned 18).

Tammy may have been her sponsor on the application x number of years ago but Mama A doesn’t need a sponsor to keep her green card. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Tania and Syngin, good luck to you both. I have no idea how much Syngin drinks each day, but I am guessing it is not a beer after work or a glass of wine with dinner, or maybe some brandy. I assume it is more than one. He is not going to change unless he wants to do so. Change is hard. He's lonely, he is in a place with four seasons, and he is not following Tania's month by month playbook on how life should be. Too much fighting and arguing and it's plain exhausting. His friends seem pretty smart. He and Tania have a lot of thinking to do about any sort of future. And please, no kids. A baby is not going to save a relationship.

Asuelu, grow up. Walking out is pretty rude. You are being paid to show up for this tell-all. Maybe a separation for a while to sort things out and if you actually want a relationship with Kalani and vice-versa. Like it or not, you do have two children together and like it even less, if you do divorce, you are on the hook for some child support. And that means living frugally, perhaps with mother, and not sending back money to Samoa. I don't even know if counselling will help. Both of you have very different expectations and different levels of maturity. The whole family thing is an issue, your sister wanting to beat up everyone in her path, your not having a job, your wanting to play volleyball with your friends. When you are married and have kids, that's maybe a once a week thing, arranged with your wife. Covid makes it less of an option. Mother Asuelu changed her tune faster than flipping to a new car radio station. What a mess.

Not much Libby and Andrei this evening. Next.

Colt and his mini harem. What is the deal with this guy and how does he attract all these women - albeit many low hanging fruit types. He is not rich, he is not a musician or actor, he is not all that charming or smart or witty. Is it the nerd look or the semi-incel look? He is 35 and has no idea who he is. Um, point the finger at your housemate, Coltee. Get away from your mother and discover your own passions and interest and not what she tells you to do. You have a very unhealthy, boundary-less relationship with your mother. She is kinda your wife. I don't think Vanessa was really honest about her involvement in this mess - yes she sort of had a thing for Colt, but he is better as a friend than boyfriend. Tell the audience why he is not a good boyfriend - maybe you will be the third screaming woman yelling about how awful he is and how gaslighting/abusive/manipulative he is. Maybe you need to stay in Debbie's good graces, maybe Debbie has something on you. Too bad the show couldn't find women Coltee dated back in Seattle. Jess and Larissa were classy as always. Er, not. The fact that both had similar experiences means that some of their stories is true.

Mykull, you may want to find a nice Nigerian woman to have a secret relationship and family. Nigerians aren't being allowed in the US for the foreseeable future and any plans to have kids with Angela are zero. Her daughter/chicken Skyla is not going to give up any aigs, and there isn't anyone in the family to help out. The long con sometimes doesn't work out or having a baby in the US to anchor you to citizenship isn't working. Why you hitched your wagon to Angela is baffling. She is gaslighting, abusive, rude, nasty, etc. Aunt Lydia seems quite civil and pleasant. She is also old enough to know that most women cannot get pregnant past the age of 50.

• Love 15

They are talking as though Skyla is Angela’s only daughter. Perhaps her other daughter, Scottie would be more open to giving them an “aig” or two.

Too bad Syngin didn’t respond to Andrei’s question about what is making him drink so much; “Tania or something else?”

I find it hard to believe that Larissa and Eric are having sex once a week, let alone five times.  If memory serves, when they broke up last year, she called him “cheap” and said he wasn’t interested in having sex.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Episode Summary

A lot of screaming

Someone walks off camera

More screaming

Someone walks off camera

Interspersed with Shaun’s prerecorded “And how did that make you feel?”  Was she even there?

Edited by Real4real
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

I have a hard time sympathizing with Kalani...

Assuelo has been a big Baby Huey duck from the very beginning.. 

She wound up getting pregnant when she knew dawn well how useless he is and then she let herself get pregnant AGAIN!

Her sister was warning her and begging her to forget about him long before she became preggo for the 2ND time.

I starting to think that Kalani likes being the victim 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, NEBody said:

Colt cheated on Jess. Breaking news? 

Why isn't DEBBIE interrogated on these "Tell All" episodes?  Interrogated by EVERYONE!!!

She sits next to her baby boy, invested in his life like the other "spouses."

She continues to butt in about Colt's women when she truly knows nothing!  She's known him for 35 years; SURELY she knows he's a LIAR!!!  She just lets him get away with it as long as it doesn't affect her life...or money.

Why is she "conveniently" out of the room when Jess and Larissa recount the number of times he cheated and lied to them? 

"I cheated on Jess with Vanessa," says Colt ... and Debbie's blue office chair is sitting there vacant...like Debbie.

Debbie, your son lies to women.   He's a Lying Liar Who Lies!  You sit there like the Cheshire Cat.  Either you're really stooopid or Colt's inveterate lying is inherited.  

He has sex indiscriminately with women (ugh).  Who ARE these pathetic creatures?  He asks Jess's father for permission to marry his daughter and sends "special pix" to other women.  

SHAUN!  You need to be replaced.  Someone needs to ask Debbie about Colt's lies and infidelities!  

Colt's interruptions with "advice" for other couples is doubly creepy.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Dobian said:

Episode Summary

A lot of screaming

Someone walks off camera

More screaming

Someone walks off camera

Jess - You Lie. You a Liar. That's essentially half of this episode.

Edited by Racj82
Damn autocorrect
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

SHAUN!  You need to be replaced.  Someone needs to ask Debbie about Colt's lies and infidelities!  

One thing that we learned from the leaked Tell All footage is that Shaun DOES ask hard questions...they just edit that shit out. She's also working from a loose script. She's a better host than how she's made to look with the final product.

• Useful 9
  • Love 4
On 10/3/2020 at 11:51 AM, Grifter Lives said:

Before their trip to Portland, Asuelo explained that Tammy and Rosa were born in American Samoa, which is U.S. territory.  So, they don't need visas.  Mother Asuelu already has a Green Card (so she can get a job and earn her own money) and lives with one of his sisters part-time; she travels back and forth.  

On 10/3/2020 at 12:13 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, but if Mama A.'s sponsor is Tammy, because of her income level, then Tammy might want to stop threatening people.   It's not as if Kalani's family would be loco enough to sponsor Mama A.   I'm assuming Mama A. needs a sponsor.  

If they were born in American Samoa they are US Nationals and don't need Green Cards.

". People from the island nation are considered U.S. Nationals, not U.S. citizens. Since American Samoa was incorporated more than a century ago, its people are able to live in the U.S. without a green card or visa – a privilege given to all those born on a U.S. territory."

Or was Mother Asuelo not born in American Samoa?

https://www.kcrw.com/culture/articles/for-some-samoans-a-fight-for-u-s-citizenship

I only watched bits and pieces because I am really not enjoying this season. When is The Other Way restarting?

Edited by Cini
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

They are talking as though Skyla is Angela’s only daughter. Perhaps her other daughter, Scottie would be more open to giving them an “aig” or two.

Too bad Syngin didn’t respond to Andrei’s question about what is making him drink so much; “Tania or something else?”

I find it hard to believe that Larissa and Eric are having sex once a week, let alone five times.  If memory serves, when they broke up last year, she called him “cheap” and said he wasn’t interested in having sex.

The plus to Scottie giving an aig is that once the baby's born, they won't have to worry about her being part of the child's life because she probably can't be in the presence of children.

3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Why isn't DEBBIE interrogated on these "Tell All" episodes?  Interrogated by EVERYONE!!!

She sits next to her baby boy, invested in his life like the other "spouses."

She continues to butt in about Colt's women when she truly knows nothing!  She's known him for 35 years; SURELY she knows he's a LIAR!!!  She just lets him get away with it as long as it doesn't affect her life...or money.

Why is she "conveniently" out of the room when Jess and Larissa recount the number of times he cheated and lied to them? 

"I cheated on Jess with Vanessa," says Colt ... and Debbie's blue office chair is sitting there vacant...like Debbie.

Debbie, your son lies to women.   He's a Lying Liar Who Lies!  You sit there like the Cheshire Cat.  Either you're really stooopid or Colt's inveterate lying is inherited.  

He has sex indiscriminately with women (ugh).  Who ARE these pathetic creatures?  He asks Jess's father for permission to marry his daughter and sends "special pix" to other women.  

Debbie likes it when Colt cheats because she knows it's less likely the relationship will work out and she'll get to keep him all to herself.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, NEBody said:

Syngin should just move back to South Africa so he and his friends can act like 12 year olds for the rest of their lives. 

Syngin is the African version of the American 30 something year old that lives in his parent's basement, has a part time pizza delivery job and plays video games all day. Sub video games for drinking. 

At this point I am wondering if the whole baby thing is just production produced storyline and Angela and Michael have a Danielle/Mohamed relationship (you scratch my back, i scratch yours or you have sex with me and I'll bring you to the States). The only problem this time is the whole ban on Nigerian immigration and covid.   Angela still is an abuser and gas lighter.  Honestly, Sharp needs to let them go.

Andrei and Libby - not much there.

Asuleu and Kalani - I've said all i had to say about them in the chat. Tammy looked like she was either on downers or dead. She couldn't beat someone up even if she tried.  I seriously wonder where she mustered the energy up to even threaten ppl.

Colt/Wife Debbie/Larissa/Jess: 1. What happened to the tea that Larissa was going to spill? 2. Why are these women fighting over this incel? Does he say that he is good in pleasing women in bed?  3. They just need to be fired by Sharp. 4. Larissa needs to get her story straight in regards to sex time with both Eric and Colt, she get flip flopping on what she was claiming last time.  5.  If Jess' English was better she would basically say all that needs to be said about Colt. 6. Deb was drunk. 7. If Colt does release a porno, I am going to have to see it even though I will need to burn my eyes after - I have to see what is so great about this little maggot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Mama A, Asuelu, Asuelu's father, and his siblings are all from Samoa, and need visas to live in the U.S.     Mama A.'s first family (Tammy, Rosa, and who ever else) are all American Samoa, and U.S. citizens.    Mama A. is Samoan, and has a green card, and I'm betting is sponsored by one of her daughters.    

I think it's hysterical that Mama A. now claims she wants Asuelu to take care of his wife and kids.   Bet she figured out that if he goes back to Samoa, and divorces, that he will only have his own money he earns to support her.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

. The only problem this time is the whole ban on Nigerian immigration and covid.   Angela still is an abuser and gas lighter.  Honestly, Sharp needs to let them go.

They should let them go as this is a show about 90 Day Fiances - and they are married.  Same with Colt - get a new overseas fiance or be gone from our screens, please.  Actually just be gone.  No one believes you are a player.  You are a condescendning jerk with an overprotective mommy.

56 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I thought I was going to die from a terminal case of cringe when Shawn asked the couples how frequently they have sex. WHY

EEEWWWW!!!!!!

1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Syngin is the African version of the American 30 something year old that lives in his parent's basement, has a part time pizza delivery job and plays video games all day. Sub video games for drinking.

He reminds me of the students I teach that will always (yes always) do the mininum work to get by.  "Write three to five sentences describing your school day!" - he will laways write only three and complain for thirty minutes how hard it is.

• Love 5
On 10/3/2020 at 1:43 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Asuelu is a big baby. He has never grown up. However, what got me scratching my head was Kalani's family thrashing him and then commenting "there he goes again, leaving". Well of course he left! I probably would too. Why sit there and take all that criticism? At least he didn't call Kolini or their mom bitches! But really, Kalani should just get up and go! 

• Love 6

I'm wondering if Colt's mom is "off limits" as far as questioning her? I would think Jess would've gone for the juggler and tell everyone that Deb is the real reason why Colt's relationships never work out! Why no one has asked Colt why he still lives with his mom? What type of work does he do? Questions like that!  

• Love 1

So half of each couple seems to be a loser and the other half seems to a control freak.  It makes for entertaining TV.  Apparently it’s okay to be a loser but control freaks are wrong and need to back off.  I disagree.  I guess I am a control freak at heart.

I think that every time anybody gets up and leaves their spot without permission, they should be fined like $500 because+they are potentially breaking their contract obligation for that episode.  No more running away during an interview.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Jess - You Lie. You a List. That's essentially half of this episode.

And good morning my...........Good night my.........  If I heard that one more time I was going to scream.  Jess and Larissa were trying to hijack the Tell All.  The moderator was weak and awful, she never tried to stop anyone from going off.  The whole thing was like teenagers at a lunch table.  I am glad we will not see Larissa and Eric again. I hope we don’t see Jess either and I think we have all had enough of Colt and Debbie.  

Weirdest moment:  Kalani chowing down on popcorn in the middle of a serious conversation about her marriage.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

And good morning my...........Good night my.........  If I heard that one more time I was going to scream.  Jess and Larissa were trying to hijack the Tell All.  The moderator was weak and awful, she never tried to stop anyone from going off.  

I blame the editors and producers.  THEY decide what we're allowed to see--and for how long or short.  Apparently Production is tittilated by the D-word, "Good Morning, my ____," etc.  If anyone in charge thought Jess and/or Larissa was given too much airtime, they would simply snip-snip- snip.    

• Love 4

My favorite part of watching is the other trainwrecks comment on the segment feature and their relationship, as though they are something to aspire to.  I can't take Andrei or Colt seriously when they question anyone else (or ever).

What level of woman are you in terms of self esteem and desperation to end up in an entanglement with someone like Colt?  I love that all his defense is coming from his mama.  I also love that even if Vanessa is trash for jumping in and out with him while he is in relationships, she has NO interest in being with a mess like him.   I don't care for Jess, but it turns out that she was 100% right.  Colt is a liar, a cheater, and a gaslighter.   I hope after all of this Colt ends up alone with Debbie and those cats b/c ladies, y'all deserve better than a tiny penis and a hot mess of a relationship that included crazy exs, bad sex, his mama, and all this fucking drama.  Colt-ee probably does "love fucking", but the lady doth protest too much...I feel like he probably wants it, but doesn't actually get it very often.  I would love to have heard Debbie's defense for knowing that Colt cheated b/c she has been saying he hasn't all along: "It's your fault, you drove him away."  This is also high level speculation, but the way Debbie and Colt are together gave me chills; know you if he laid hands on a woman, his mama would most likely defend him and victim blame.  Ew.

Good to see Elizabeth's natural bitchy judgmental side come thru.  That's what I think she is all the time.

Asuelo is useless.  What kind of grown child blocks his wife?  You could be mad and such, but you have children.  If there is an emergency, and no one can get a hold of you, what then?  Aseulo is a good candidate for being American with the shitty way he has handled the pandemic....bitching about it not being that deep while going out into closed spaces and putting his family at risk.  He just sucks, and I feel for Kahlani, but she yoked herself to this man and had TWO babies with him.  This is mean, but Asuelo, his mom, and sister all look like they have something developmental going on...their affects are just odd.  I do wonder where Lo is in all of this....he seems to have been a non presence this season. 

After all this time, Angela and Michael still have no idea how to communicate.  It isn't a tell all unless Angela starts screaming, cursing, and storms out.  So.  Check.  Skyla's "aig" belongs to her; Michael and Angela have no right to it.  The things you have to make clear to people.  But, Michael should probably not have picked an older woman if his expectation about a baby was so high...same reason that Angela should be more careful picking a younger man.  

Can Syngin and Tania call it quits?  These are two people that enjoyed having sex and then created a whole mess of a relationship because of it.   I can believe that Syngin's drinking is out of control b/c he is so nonchalant about it. "So I got fired for drinking on the job so hard, it became a thing...hello, they let people buy me shots!  That's not my fault"  I like his friends b/c they are petty as hell, and that cracks me up, but this marriage isn't just Tania's fault.  Tania is a shrew, but it takes 2 to make a marriage, and Syngin seems unwilling to make the commitment. 

Like this year hasn't sucked enough, I have to hear about these ppl and their fake sex lives?  Embellishments or straight up lies (we know that Eric-ee doesn't dine on lady sandwich...come on...). 

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

Why no one has asked Colt why he still lives with his mom? What type of work does he do?

Has anything changed since we met "The Happiest Couple," Colt and Debbie?   They live together because that's what Debbie can afford (and she cooks beef stew).  And...Coltee's a software engineer.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I thought I was going to die from a terminal case of cringe when Shawn asked the couples how frequently they have sex. WHY

They probably exaggerated the amount. Five times per week sounds better than two or three times.

• Love 2

15 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Asuelu is an ass hat. Don't give me the "he is who he is" thing; you can change your bad characteristics. 

But what if you don't know what you don't know? There is some show being advertised during this program that is bunch of blonde haired people who were obviously raised without any social interaction or something. I don't quite get the premise but there is one point in which one of the sons (?) is having a conflict with this girlfriend/wife and he just has zero ability to understand or empathize or handle it. He doesn't have the ability to do that because he was never taught that or experienced it. He doesn't seem mean or stupid, just nothing in the tank with which to handle whatever emotional stuff is going on. At one point, he and the girlfriend/wife sit with the parents and the guy says something like, "I wish you would have taught us to deal with stuff when we were young, not when we're 19." It made me think of Asuelu and as much of an asshole as he can be, I just don't think he has the tools to deal with life because he grew up completely sheltered, had no real life experiences and only knows what he saw around him growing up. 

I think a lot of people project their own thoughts and knowledge on other people and take an attitude of, "That's such bullshit, everyone knows that," or "Well, just don't be like that anymore." It's not that easy. Imagine trying to turn yourself (general yourself) into Asuelu and adopt all the beliefs and ways that he has. You'd say, "I could never be like that." Well, Asuelu is the same, just on the opposite side. It has always seemed to me that the family Kalani has always thought that Asuelu should just be able to become a completely different person simply because he moved to America and married Kalani. I think they were crazy for thinking that and more crazy since Kalani's father is from Samoa and knows how boys are raised there. He could have been a mentor to Asuelu but instead he was a prick.

The volleyball thing and not seeing anything wrong with it is a child's answer to why you can't do something. I cannot imagine what it must be like for Kalani to work with that. But, as Judge Judy would say, "You picked him."

• Useful 1
  • Love 10