Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

I can't imagine living in an RV while pregnant, with two toddlers, for several months. No privacy, no family to help with the little ones, possibly feeling sick and/or needing to pee every 20 minutes, no regular schedule for the kids so they're probably cranky and tired. Gives a new definition to "hell on wheels". I guess Jamie thinks it will make for lots of views on social media vlogs. I think a lot of her followers are getting tired of her antics though.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Jamie O posted in her Insta stories her fertility chart, pointing out her fertile days and tagging Doug. WTF. Why does the whole world need to know your babymaking schedule?

Screenshot_20220126-223645.png

Give her some credit. At least she didn't show us hearts ❤❤❤ on the intercourse days. That would be too much, even for Jamie. 

5 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Give her some credit. At least she didn't show us hearts ❤❤❤ on the intercourse days. That would be too much, even for Jamie. 

With Jaimie, it would more likely be eggplants instead of hearts.

She is the queen of TMI.

• LOL 5
17 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Tell me about it.

From what I gather, they sold one of the houses (the New Jersey one, I think?) and are renovating the ginormous RV they bought...oh, yes, they also bought a big-ass truck to haul the trailer. Jamie tried renovating the RV herself and gave up and hired someone else to do it. Her plan is to get pregnant again, travel around the US for a few months this spring in the RV, come back to Florida, sell their current home and buy something bigger for their expanding family. She's exhausting.

But it's not like she has to go to work like the rest of us.  LOL!

• Love 1

Myrla gave an interview about why she left Gil:

The interview is long, but basically Gil is bad with money and deceptive. They agreed to split the bills 50-50. When they found an apartment to move into together, there were apartment moving fees. Gil asked Myrla to pay his half & he would pay her back. He did--- but not until 3 weeks later & she had to ask him for the money. Then, when they were actively moving and the rent was due, Gil didn't have his half. They looked back through his expenses to see where his rent money went. Apparently, he bought some cosmetic-type stuff for his car & clothes. Another issue: Myrla wanted Gil to start an emergency, rainy day savings account. He said he would, but never did. Some other things that Gil said on the show were deceptive: When he said his money was "in Colombia," he meant he sent his mom money to spend on herself; not that he had a bank account there. And, when he said he made $100 more per week than Myrla. Myrla also had some receipts.

I think that's pretty much it.

• Useful 8
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Myrla gave an interview about why she left Gil:

The interview is long, but basically Gil is bad with money and deceptive. They agreed to split the bills 50-50. When they found an apartment to move into together, there were apartment moving fees. Gil asked Myrla to pay his half & he would pay her back. He did--- but not until 3 weeks later & she had to ask him for the money. Then, when they were actively moving and the rent was due, Gil didn't have his half. They looked back through his expenses to see where his rent money went. Apparently, he bought some cosmetic-type stuff for his car & clothes. Another issue: Myrla wanted Gil to start an emergency, rainy day savings account. He said he would, but never did. Some other things that Gil said on the show were deceptive: When he said his money was "in Colombia," he meant he sent his mom money to spend on herself; not that he had a bank account there. And, when he said he made $100 more per week than Myrla. Myrla also had some receipts.

I think that's pretty much it.

Thank you!  I always thought the Columbia money was for family.

Money seems to be a big issue with a lot of married couples.  Honesty another.

• Love 6

I wish she would have said that stuff on the reunion show and not just that she was never attracted to him. That made her sound horrible and shallow. And, yes, I just assumed that he sent money to his mother. I am still not a fan of hers and don't think he would have ever been good enough for her. 

• Love 9
On 1/28/2022 at 1:31 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Strange they kept the Florida home but sold the New Jersey one close to Doug's parents home!

It was probably worth more, that's my guess.  Plus being a fame whore now without a TV show she's focusing on keeping fans interested on social media so she probably thinks Florida is a better home base for that with the RV stuff.  Just guesses.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Thank you!  I always thought the Columbia money was for family.

Money seems to be a big issue with a lot of married couples.  Honesty another.

It looks like the show made her look like a spendthrift that didn't know how to manage her money but no shock or surprise (to me anyway) it looks like Gil may have been the one more guilty of that.  That wasn't fair to her, in my opinion.  I never bought what the show was pushing about her and posted many times to that effect.  To me it was obviously producer BS creating a narrative to make her look bad and him good.  If she complained about it before this the show probably didn't air it.  That's my guess as to why we're not hearing about it until now.

• Love 3

I pretty much figured that Gil over spent as on all of the Unfiltereds and Decision Days, etc., he had on just as many designers clothes as did Myrna (if not more).  I distinctly remember that he, too, had red-soled shoes.  One can dress well and look good without wearing only "designer" labels.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I wish she would have said that stuff on the reunion show and not just that she was never attracted to him. That made her sound horrible and shallow. And, yes, I just assumed that he sent money to his mother. I am still not a fan of hers and don't think he would have ever been good enough for her. 

5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It looks like the show made her look like a spendthrift that didn't know how to manage her money but no shock or surprise (to me anyway) it looks like Gil may have been the one more guilty of that.  That wasn't fair to her, in my opinion.  I never bought what the show was pushing about her and posted many times to that effect.  To me it was obviously producer BS creating a narrative to make her look bad and him good.  If she complained about it before this the show probably didn't air it.  That's my guess as to why we're not hearing about it until now.

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I pretty much figured that Gil over spent as on all of the Unfiltereds and Decision Days, etc., he had on just as many designers clothes as did Myrna (if not more).  I distinctly remember that he, too, had red-soled shoes.  One can dress well and look good without wearing only "designer" labels.

She was still protecting him at the reunion at the expense of making herself look bad. It looked like Gil was looking for the come-up and was fine with Myrla paying for everything while he got more designer duds.

There is nothing wrong with this arrangement as long as both parties agree to it beforehand. 

It was also shady for him to claim that he was making $100 more every 2 weeks than her and not be able to provide the money for his share of the rent.

Maybe not as nice of a guy as we thought....

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 8

I totally believe Myrla. I always took issue with the way Gil was constantly criticizing her on the show. Ironically, as it now turns out, for her love of designer clothes and the way she handled money. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It looks like the show made her look like a spendthrift that didn't know how to manage her money but no shock or surprise (to me anyway) it looks like Gil may have been the one more guilty of that. 

I don't think the show made her look like that at all. She always said that she had no debt, paid her bills on time, and had a healthy savings account. She clearly spent money, bought clothes and traveled where she wanted to, so she was being responsible with the money she had. That was one of the things I really respected about her. 

I am not sure why Gil said he made $100 more than she did, but he also said he sent a lot of his money to Columbia. He definitely is a man who likes the finer things, so they really could have been fine together, but not if he expected her to pay for everything. If they agreed to split expenses 50/50, then they should have moved somewhere they EACH could afford, but I don't think Myrla would want to lower her standards and Gil wanted to give her what she wanted (and he liked the good life), so if they did go where she was financially comfortable, he would never catch up.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't think the show made her look like that at all. She always said that she had no debt, paid her bills on time, and had a healthy savings account. She clearly spent money, bought clothes and traveled where she wanted to, so she was being responsible with the money she had. That was one of the things I really respected about her. 

I saw her as responsible and spending and saving within her means but the show itself did not promote that image of her.  In fact, just the opposite.  The show allowed Gil to put the spotlight on her spending on clothes and all those designer shoes in her closet.  He made a big fuss about her Louboutin's and implied that she spent too much on clothes, taking the attention off of himself.  That made most of the audience see her as selfish and irresponsible and not willing to put money toward shared endeavors like buying a place or having kids and all the expenses associated with that.  Meanwhile everyone thought he was the more responsible one because he sent money home to his mother.  There was obviously more to the story that the show was not letting us see that would make Gil look worse and her better.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I saw her as responsible and spending and saving within her means but the show itself did not promote that image of her.  In fact, just the opposite.  The show allowed Gil to put the spotlight on her spending on clothes and all those designer shoes in her closet.  He made a big fuss about her Louboutin's and implied that she spent too much on clothes, taking the attention off of himself.  That made most of the audience see her as selfish and irresponsible and not willing to put money toward shared endeavors like buying a place or having kids and all the expenses associated with that.  Meanwhile everyone thought he was the more responsible one because he sent money home to his mother.  There was obviously more to the story that the show was not letting us see that would make Gil look worse and her better.

Yes, she is still respecting him by not disclosing his income. She is being very mature (not usually found in reality tv).

Love them or hate them, I respect that Myrla and Bao came from poor backgrounds and have achieved some degree of financial success. I actually know a lot of women that have done the same thing but women do not always get accolades for "pulling themselves up by their bootstraps" as much as they should

• Love 5

I agree with RetiredAtLast, I also wonder if Gil found himself in a situation of wanting to keep up with Myrla and got himself in too deep with the living situation (and maybe designer duds), when they should have rented something more reasonable. I never thought of him as investing or saving money in Colombia, I figured that was going to his mother. If they really broke up due to money issues she should've said that instead of saying she was never attracted...that would have been a lot more understandable, because we saw THAT happening all season. On the reunion, she was cold as ice, and then made a big deal out of her friendship with Johnny, like she wanted to rub it in. Still don't like her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

If they really broke up due to money issues she should've said that instead of saying she was never attracted...that would have been a lot more understandable, because we saw THAT happening all season. On the reunion, she was cold as ice.

Maybe Myrla was never attracted to his money mindset, his critiques about her spending, etc. Plenty of people might be cold as ice to a guy who 

• regularly trash-talked them to their colleagues (the other cast members).
  • took three weeks to pay back money while claiming to earn more.
  • criticized her spending while also driving a luxury vehicle, wearing plenty of designer clothing, and having no savings.
  • the show implied was the best husband ever and more than Myrla deserved. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Maybe Myrla was never attracted to his money mindset, his critiques about her spending, etc. Plenty of people might be cold as ice to a guy who 

• regularly trash-talked them to their colleagues (the other cast members).
  • took three weeks to pay back money while claiming to earn more.
  • criticized her spending while also driving a luxury vehicle, wearing plenty of designer clothing, and having no savings.
  • the show implied was the best husband ever and more than Myrla deserved. 

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I don't think we really know all that goes on. I went from disliking Myrla to liking her to disliking her again, but honestly, I don't get that invested in these people's lives, particularly once filming is over. It's not like the show has a great track record of successful marriages. We've also seen plenty of people who acted one way on camera and a totally different way off it. I thought Gil was way too hard on Myrla during filming, and I was surprised that they said yes on Decision Day. Not at all shocked that their marriage ended, but surprised that Gil seemed to be the broken-hearted one, not Myrla. That's all. Season's over. Hopefully they've moved on and are living their best lives.

• Love 6

So basically Myrla broke up with Gil for the exact reason we all thought they were mismatched from the start…their financial profiles were way too different. Myrla said she was very driven by money, Gil said he wasn’t. Myrla clearly made money and had a lot to show for that accomplishment. Gil didn’t. So when Gil didn’t show much financial maturity and financial responsibility in the marriage, Myrla wasn’t having it. I totally understand that, but most importantly, it was TOTALLY PREDICTABLE. Financial disequilibrium ranks super high on the list of divorce catalysts. We all saw this coming from episode 1. They never should have been matched. These “experts” are ridiculous. 

• Love 10

Of course Myrla's interview put her in a good light , and Gil in a bad one, but there's 3 sides to every story. I'm sure some of what she's saying is true, but i'm also sure some of how Gil would respond to that is true too. Regardless of finances, I think the main problem was that she wasn't attracted to him. She wouldn't even peck him on the lips until weeks into the marriage. I also felt that she was very cold on the reunion show. There were hardly any emotions there and the way her and Johnny were giggling together in front of him was just odd behavior. I was indifferent to her while watching the show but didn't like her after the reunion show.

What ever happened with the Zach and Bao relationship? Did they end up breaking up?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

What ever happened with the Zach and Bao relationship? Did they end up breaking up?

Yes. Apparently he was cheating on her (and on Michaela during their marriage), so Bao broke it off. What a dirtbag. Hope Bao finds someone who really appreciates her.

• Love 3

The observations about Myrla and Gil's differences make sense, but then why did Myrla cry with happiness to the experts while declaring she was so in love with her husband?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 1/27/2022 at 10:07 PM, Retired at last said:

Especially if they are living in an RV (or has that changed)?

They will not live in RV only. I think they will either live in the current Florida home or buy another. She had a story about it, RV living full time is not for them, Gracie needs to have a home because of school, and all that jazz... 

That's what I got from her

• Love 2

Tonight's Wednesday's preview has some drama - Mark and Lindsey consummate their marriage, then Mark tells Lindsey at dinner that he wants to take it slow and not get all lovey-dovey too soon. Lindsey is pissed (rightfully so, I may add), and this leads to a fight.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

If a woman said "let's take it slow" after consummating their marriage and the man got pissed, people would be dumping on the man.   

That's a pretty broad generalization. They are married after all, not just dating. I seem to recall Jake and Haley consummating their marriage and then Haley deciding she wanted to "take it slow". Jake was upset and most people thought it was very unfair of Haley.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, gingerandcloves said:

That's a pretty broad generalization. They are married after all, not just dating. I seem to recall Jake and Haley consummating their marriage and then Haley deciding she wanted to "take it slow". Jake was upset and most people thought it was very unfair of Haley.

I think that was a different situation because, as I recall, Haley didn't just want to just take it slow, she was repulsed by Jake (we don't know what happened) and wanted nothing more to do with him.  Mark might not be repulsed, but he might just want to see how things develop, especially due to her conflict with Olajuwon and Katina.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, bref said:

The observations about Myrla and Gil's differences make sense, but then why did Myrla cry with happiness to the experts while declaring she was so in love with her husband?

Wasn't that when she got drunk before talking to the "experts?"

• Love 2

Regarding Couples Cam, Austin and Jessica posted on IG that they haven't heard anything about it coming back, so I guess nobody knows at this point.

Tonight's episode: Olajuwon takes Katina to go workout at the gym and is overly gung-ho ; Noi tells Steve she's starting to fall in love with him - his response is "Okay." 😬🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 1/31/2022 at 1:27 PM, Jax7917 said:

On 1/31/2022 at 2:36 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Yes. Apparently he was cheating on her (and on Michaela during their marriage), so Bao broke it off. What a dirtbag. Hope Bao finds someone who really appreciates her.

Did they break up!?! Chile... pull up a chair. I posted the info previously, although I'm not going to take the time to scroll back now. Zach promised Bao a committed, monogamous relationship. They were seen publicly at family events. Zach had a side piece who was giving him blow jobs on demand--- SHE said that. If you scroll back to the video I posted--- sometimes scheduling the bjs on the same days he was planning to meet up w/ Bao. The side piece had all kinds of receipts. Zach threatened suicide over the information being made public.

I don't think Zach is a bad person. He's a young man. There's nothing wrong with him being out there & enjoying his sex life. But, don't lie to people & make promises you don't intend to keep.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2022 at 9:50 PM, Desert Rat said:

I feel like on the unfiltered episodes, Jamie came off likable and like a normal person. But I occasionally look at her instagram (like once every few years) and I can't believe the things she posts. She posts her ENTIRE life, every. little. thing. Someone needs to take it away from her, and i'm wondering if her insane social media page is one of the reasons the show moved on with someone else hosting.

• Love 7

@Crashcourse According to IG, Philly Jasmine has a one-year-old son. Not sure if she’s married but there’s a man on her page. I fell down a little rabbit hole and saw that Dr. Jessica has been in a relationship with the Boston guy for some time. He’s in lots of photos with her and her three kids.

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

@Crashcourse According to IG, Philly Jasmine has a one-year-old son. Not sure if she’s married but there’s a man on her page. I fell down a little rabbit hole and saw that Dr. Jessica has been in a relationship with the Boston guy for some time. He’s in lots of photos with her and her three kids.

I saw that too! Her little guy is a cutie!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

https://www.eonline.com/news/1319092/married-at-first-sights-alyssa-begs-producers-to-not-make-her-move-in-with-husband

So Alyssa thinks it's unfair that the producers won't put her up in a separate apartment from Chris? She want's to do all the "fun stuff" with the other "girls" but she doesn't want anything to do with marriage to Chris. Didn't anyone tell her the show was "Married at First Sight" and not "BFFs at First Sight?"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1319092/married-at-first-sights-alyssa-begs-producers-to-not-make-her-move-in-with-husband

So Alyssa thinks it's unfair that the producers won't put her up in a separate apartment from Chris? She want's to do all the "fun stuff" with the other "girls" but she doesn't want anything to do with marriage to Chris. Didn't anyone tell her the show was "Married at First Sight" and not "BFFs at First Sight?"

I just can't with this woman. How is she for real? Chris has been beyond patient with her nonsense.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I bet Chris will become less picky about looks when he sees what “pretty” will get you, though after the show he’ll probably be in high demand. 

but Alyssa isn't really that pretty anyway or maybe it's just her perpetual scowl that makes her look unattractive

Chris will be fine and find a much better match 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I bet Chris will become less picky about looks when he sees what “pretty” will get you, though after the show he’ll probably be in high demand. 

Granted we have barely gotten to know him, but I think he's a good catch. He seems to be ready for a wife and kids. He is successful professionally and a hard worker. He seems kind and God knows he's patient. 

but Alyssa isn't really that pretty anyway or maybe it's just her perpetual scowl that makes her look unattractive

I think she is pretty but what a pill!

Do you disagree that Jasmine was unhealthy?  She had a hard time walking and was breathing hard.  Someone said Jasmine was not heavier.  I just disagreed with that. She was heavier. Not that there is anything wrong with different body types. I know guys who like heavy women. 

I disagree. I don't remember that Jasmine had any difficulty breathing or walking. 

I have no idea how tall she is or what she weighs. Sizes are sort of meaningless since there is tremendous variation across manufacturers.

I would not characterize her as "big." Sure she's "heavier" ... than people who weigh less than her. She's lighter than people who don't.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 4