Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

If I'm remembering correctly (increasingly unlikely as I age) he didn't say much on the show but he did ok on Afterparty. I think he was a nicer and more normal guy than he may have appeared to be in his season.

Do I remember hearing he dated another MAFS alumnus after his season?

Just now, bref said:

Do I remember hearing he dated another MAFS alumnus after his season?

I think he dated Olivia from New Orleans - or at least, they exchanged messages and she visited him (which was shown on ... a tell all???) but I don't think it ever actually went anywhere.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

I think he dated Olivia from New Orleans - or at least, they exchanged messages and she visited him (which was shown on ... a tell all???) but I don't think it ever actually went anywhere.

That's right. Thank you!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Last I heard, Katina and Olajuwon announced their break up, took a vacation together, then broke up again. The second break up was per gossip blogs, so I took it with a grain of salt. It will be interesting to hear from them directly. 

Also, I love! Jamie & Beth! I didn't think they would make it during their season, but they have turned out to be such a charming couple. 

I'm in!

Jamie and Beth have really become that couple on the show that really should not work but somehow do.

• Like 5

Jamie and Beth have really become that couple on the show that really should not work but somehow do.

At least some of it is that I think they actually work - on the marriage. I think they have said they have gone to therapy and that they actively work on their marriage, which has to help. I could be mis-remembering but I am pretty sure I heard them say that at least once.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, qtpye said:

Whenever they decided to stay together on decision day I was shocked, but when I watched them on Couples Cam I realized I did like them together.  They were probably put together knowing they would bring drama and would never work out, but somehow they did.  

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I watched them on Couples Cam I realized I did like them together.

As an aside, I recall them floundering on their decision whether or not to have children, but I guess that, to this point, they decided against it. 

I ALWAYS believed that unless both parties are 100% committed to the task (challenges and benefits) of having children, it's always best NOT to have them.  Every child deserves that level of care and loving attention.

• Like 7

As an aside, I recall them floundering on their decision whether or not to have children, but I guess that, to this point, they decided against it. 

I thought they said recently on one of the tell alls or something that they planned to start trying in the next year, once they figured out where they wanted to live?

• Like 2
On 11/14/2022 at 9:35 AM, gingerandcloves said:

Did anyone happen to catch this? I just grabbed this screenshot.

Screenshot_2022-11-14-09-17-41-598~2.jpg

So Iris wanted to be an actor...? What a surprise, not. MAFS has really bottomed out as the only applicants appear to be people who want to audition for an 8 week mini soap opera. Problem, they're so unlikeable, so it's hard to root for them.

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

I'm questioning Cody's white turtleneck but his fiancée is gorgeous and they look happy together! 

I'm questioning a white turtleneck so poorly made that people can see his undershirt through it as your proposal outfit.

His fiancé is quite pretty.

Congratulations to them both.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
43 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

The ridiculous number of boxes of decorations that Nicole bought for the "housewarming" party gives credence to the comments in this thread to her having a ton of debt.

I always assumed that the show gave them that crap. Maybe they gave them an allowance to pay for food, booze, decorations, etc.? If they made them have a party, I just thought they paid for the stuff.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 2/28/2023 at 10:44 AM, Nancybeth said:

I'm questioning Cody's white turtleneck but his fiancée is gorgeous and they look happy together! 

I’m questioning who he is altogether; I have no memory of him. 🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I always assumed that the show gave them that crap. Maybe they gave them an allowance to pay for food, booze, decorations, etc.? If they made them have a party, I just thought they paid for the stuff.

Even if the show paid for it, that still was a lot of crap.  I'm assuming she bought it because Chris didn't seem that interested in all that stuff. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

They could do a lot worse than these two, I like them.

Anthony and Ashley are a relic of the historical time when the show ACTUALLY had appropriate participants who brought the viewers a plausible reason to watch and enjoy the show. 

NO MORE....now it's simply a clown show of mismatched media hounds who are simply interested in their "15 minutes of making fools of themselves."

• Like 17

Just getting around to watching "couples couch" and I guess it's not a great sign that Miles is watching with Bennett (who is still QUIRKY) instead of Karen? But he is still wearing his wedding ring, so fingers crossed...

• Useful 4
On 3/16/2023 at 6:57 PM, Retired at last said:

Any scoop on the Reunion show or the Where are they now? show? I would love to know Chris and Nicole are still together. I do hope so.

Per Reddit, reunion show is filming this weekend. 

• Useful 3
10 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Per Reddit, reunion show is filming this weekend. 

I can never figure out the timelines - when were the weddings? I know it's plastered all over the signs in their apartments and such but I just never pay that close of attention.

• Like 1

I am surprised that they let her/them back on Couples Couch. I had hoped they were gone from the show completely. They are disgusting and highlight the downside of what a little bit of TV time does to someone who is not healthy in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

ugh.  she's disgusting.  anything for camera time. look at me, look at me!

14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So Jamie Otis posted a disturbing post with her sick son in their RV on their way to a hospital. He looked seriously ill and they film it for public consumption? Gross. Jamie Otis Sick Son  

Also gross, Jamie showing off her pubic hair stubble. 
Jamie at pool Instagram

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS WOMAN!!!!!!!

Her baby boy is sick and her first instinct as a mother is to blast it to the world?

Some of the kids who have been exploited on social media by their parents are now grown up and talking about how horrible their childhoods were and how they were often harassed by disgusting people.

I used to admire Jaimie because she came from a poor background and became a nurse despite her economic hardships but now it is obvious that she is trying to fill some horrible hole in her soul by desperately getting attention.

Doug is no better. He would rather enable her stupid behavior rather than get a job or protect his kids.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Also gross, Jamie showing off her pubic hair stubble. 

Okay, I looked, and am ashamed of myself.

She's all about accepting yourself and not worrying about what other people think, but is nevertheless shaving herself to the point that she has razor burn that looks painful.  Seems to me the most self-accepting thing would be to not shave at all.  At least it wouldn't hurt, and it would be just accepting herself as she is instead of accepting the tragic results of trying to change something about herself.

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She's all about accepting yourself and not worrying about what other people think, but is nevertheless shaving herself to the point that she has razor burn that looks painful. 

If she accepted herself, she wouldn't feel the need to prove it by showing totally unwanted pictures of herself and her body areas that should be private.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

If she accepted herself, she wouldn't feel the need to prove it by showing totally unwanted pictures of herself and her body areas that should be private.

The thing that nauseates me is how weak and compliant doug is to all Jaime's shenanigans.  She's so domineering in the relationship that doug recedes into the emotional background and she "runs the show."  It's hard to see such a "wimp" in action (doug).

I think I saw they bought a very expensive house in FL so I guess HER financial decisions have "paid off."  However, the fact that doug has no conceivable means of earning a living (should she ever leave him which, regardless of what she says now, is always possible), is concerning.

I harken back to Valerie Bertinelli's situation with her ex, Tom, who was in a similar situation to Doug, and she paid him $2 million to conclude the divorce ASAP,  I don't believe that jaime is in Valerie's financial bracket so I don't see that happening; however I  see doug's compliance with her as weakness and very detrimental to a healthy marriage...especially since jaime is now insistent on bringing another child into the world.  

I agree with others that say they add NOTHING to the Couple's Couch offshoot except overt DYSFUNCTION.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
36 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

The thing that nauseates me is how weak and compliant doug is to all Jaime's shenanigans.  She's so domineering in the relationship that doug recedes into the emotional background and she "runs the show."  It's hard to see such a "wimp" in action (doug).

I think I saw they bought a very expensive house in FL so I guess HER financial decisions have "paid off."  However, the fact that doug has no conceivable means of earning a living (should she ever leave him which, regardless of what she says now, is always possible), is concerning.

I harken back to Valerie Bertinelli's situation with her ex, Tom, who was in a similar situation to Doug, and she paid him $2 million to conclude the divorce ASAP,  I don't believe that jaime is in Valerie's financial bracket so I don't see that happening; however I  see doug's compliance with her as weakness and very detrimental to a healthy marriage...especially since jaime is now insistent on bringing another child into the world.  

I agree with others that say they add NOTHING to the Couple's Couch offshoot except overt DYSFUNCTION.

If Jamie leaves then Doug's parents will financially support him and take care of the kids, so he can go play softball for the rest of his life.

I remember the short-lived series about the first year of their marriage, how Doug's parents did everything for him because he was the "baby".

I think they lost out on a house because Doug's credit was bad and he had kept the fact from Jaimie.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, qtpye said:

If Jamie leaves then Doug's parents will financially support him and take care of the kids, so he can go play softball for the rest of his life.

I remember the short-lived series about the first year of their marriage, how Doug's parents did everything for him because he was the "baby".

I think they lost out on a house because Doug's credit was bad and he had kept the fact from Jaimie.

May I remark that I presume doug's parents are retirees.  I'm a retiree.  Before 2020, I was very comfortable financially.  Perhaps doug's parents are in my PRIOR FINANCIAL CATEGORY.

I certainly can't speak for them; however, I will tell you that I used to be able to assist my kids financially; HOWEVER, NO MORE!  With the hit I've taken in my investments and the prices of goods/services, my kids/grandchildren understand I'm not financially where I was just a few short years ago, AND , I just heard this morning that our economy is further GOING SOUTH IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

On that basis, perhaps doug will be able to pick up a job or two to tend to his needs if or when the curtain descends on their marriage. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Jamie's "sick kid" post was from last June. She has it pinned on her Insta. 😒 She positions it as a "listen to your mama instincts" lesson, like the razor burn post was positioned as "love your body" encouragement. Bitch, please. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Isn't/wasn't Jamie a real nurse at one time? It seems that SHE could get a job and stop the pathetic money grabbing.

I honestly thought that was going to happen. Jaimie would earn good money as a nurse and Doug could be a househusband.

I guess it is hard to go back to a regular job when you spend all your time pursuing fame.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
16 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I honestly thought that was going to happen. Jaimie would earn good money as a nurse and Doug could be a househusband.

I guess it is hard to go back to a regular job when you spend all your time pursuing fame.

I believe she was a labor and delivery nurse. I don't know if she kept her license current or not but I'm sure she could reinstate it.

Nursing is really, really hard work though - especially hospital nursing. They make decent enough salaries, especially now, but every hospital is understaffed and nurses are quitting in droves because they are burned out. Even if you manage to stay, it's so physically and emotionally demanding there is little left for anything else. So I get why Jamie might be reluctant to return to that profession, even though she could earn good money. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2