Type keyword(s) to search

Season 37 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

WEEK 6 • Oct. 19, 2020 — ONE asterisk *
26. Phrases From Literature. This 2-word phrase in “The Arabian Nights” may have come from an herb bearing seed pods that burst when ripe.
* 27. Classical Music. Part of this famous 12-minute opening piece is called “March of the Swiss Soldiers.”  *
28. Screenwriters. This once-blacklisted screenwriter of “Spartacus” got a posthumous credit & an Oscar for a 1953 film.
29. 20th Century Art. In occupied Paris, a German officer asked Picasso if he had done this masterpiece; he replied, “No, you did.”
30. 19th Century Supreme Court Cases. Part of the dissent in this 1896 landmark case read, “In respect of civil rights, all citizens are equal before the law.”

4 hours ago, Grundoon59 said:

I knew Trumbo but couldn't pull it from the recesses of my brain in time.  

Same here.  His name was mixing up with Truman and Trump, and I couldn't untangle it fast enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My mom got Open Sesame and as soon as she said it, I knew he was right.  But I didn't get it and was nowhere near it.   But alas she isn't playing.  

I got 4/5 with one *

Good thing I got recognized for consistency last week because I blew it this week.  🙂

• Love 2

3/5 * 

The closest I got to Trumbo was "that movie! Shit what was his name"?

And I had no idea about the SCOTUS case, but as of a few minutes ago I can say I went to high school with a SC justice. Feeling pretty unaccomplished lol 

Edited by Toothbrush
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

While we have yet to hear from @Mindthinkr, it's time to announce the Winner of Week 6. And that lucky person is the player named @DXD526, who is being recognized for recording the exact same score for four straight weeks. We appreciate a player who can Stay The Course and be Faithful and Consistently Smart. Congratulations! Enjoy your special week.

• Love 3

WEEK 7 • Oct. 26, 2020 — ONE asterisk **
31. Ancient Texts. Developed in the 18th century B.C. & named for a ruler, it aimed to “settle all disputes & heal all injuries.”
* 32. The 13 Colonies. Pride in the document under which this future state was governed from 1639 to 1662 led to its official state nickname.  *
33. Awards & Honorees. He used his 1983 Pritzker Prize money on a scholarship fund for Chinese students to study their profession in the United States.
34. Lead Singers. The N.Y. Times said this late Brit’s multi-octave range & operatic quality made “even paeans to bicycle riding sound emotional.”
35. Phrases Of The 1950s. A 1954 book review said of this colorful 2-word term, also applied to the post-WWI era, “the underlying hysteria lives on.”

• Love 1

2/5, again. After having lived in CT for a number of years, I can say that the Nutmeg State is a much more commonly used nickname than Constitution State, even though the latter is the official nickname. Residents are sometimes referred to as Nutmeggers, but never as Constitutionalists!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

3/5. I should have quit on Wednesday.

And I should have stayed home on Monday and Tuesday.

Wait ... I did!

3/5 for me, my bestest week yet. (Or maybe ever this season. We'll see.)

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2