Type keyword(s) to search

Season 37 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

4/5 - I was "off" for the whole game Monday being irritated that the Detroit tv station thought showing lottery numbers was more important than showing the Alex tribute.  Not sure I would have gotten to museum but I am going to blame WDIV for missing it. 🙂 At least I did go onward and upward from last week.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Toothbrush said:

I said Mt Rushmore because I am crap at presidents prior to the mid-20th century & had no clue (ha!) when Chester Arthur was POTUS. Although I somehow know that his middle name was Alan. Go figure. 

Thanks for agreeing with me. It's nice to have company. I would have said Chester's middle name was Arthur though ... Chester Authur Authur. So you are still smarter than I am.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

Re: Thursday's FJ. If you want to see the most gorgeous royal family in the world (IMO), google the royal family of Bhutan. 

They've got Charles and Camilla beat for sure.

• LOL 2

No scores yet for @dgpolo or @Good Queen Jane. I hope you both are okay and will post your scores soon. The contest needs you, don't leave us now!

Meanwhile, this week I have to recognize FIVE players. Yes, five players. Four of them got their first perfect score of a ... wait for it ... 5, five, FIVE, and one player achieving her highest score so far this season. In alpha order, the WINNERS OF WEEK 8 are: @alliana, @helpmerhonda, @M. Darcy, @Prevailing Wind and @Trey.

Way to go, Team. Congrats to all of you brainiacs. On to Week 9!

• Love 5
21 hours ago, dgpolo said:

Please take me off the list, thank you.

Sorry to see you go. You were on the short list for next week's Most Consistent Player award. (Not that that's a big deal, but still worth mentioning.)

Before you go, I do want to say I've always liked your screen name. Some years ago there was a very nice show dog named Polo, I judged him at a show in Georgia and gave him a nice award. His litter sister was named DKNY. I asked the breeder why she didn't just spell out DONKEY, why did she leave out all the vowels.

Okay, so I'm not fashion minded.

• LOL 4

WEEK 10 • Nov. 16, 2020 — NO asterisk **
46. 18th Century Americans. One eulogizer of this man noted, he “was able to restrain thunderbolts & tyrants.”
47. French Literature. An 1862 novel says this character “would have arrested his own father…and would have denounced his mother.”
48. Country Name Origins. This island country was named for a 16th century Spanish king whose name comes from the Greek for “lover of horses.”
49. Dog Breeds. Alpendog was a proposed name for this dog breed.
50. Musical Theater. The word “Practical” was dropped from the title of this hit musical not long before it premiered in 1981 on London’s West End.

4/5 - my brain was overloaded Wednesday trying to adjust to Michigan"s renewed COVID rules.  I started a new job in late August after two years of nonemployment (but having had precious time with Mother Grundoon) so I didn't have to go through the work from home adjustments until now plus filing for unemployment due to reduced hours.   Or it could be that my not great knowledge of Greek led me on a world tour that did not include a stop in the Philippines.

• Love 6

Well done everyone, so far. My score equaled my highest score ever, so now I have TWO 3/5s. Although I waffled so badly on The Philippines that I don't feel good about giving myself that one. But since I'm not eligible for prizes and I'll probably never get another 3 much less higher than 3, I guess I'm staying with it.

• Love 5

Because of my deep desire to be like @saber5055 when I grow up I got 3/5.  Or maybe it is my lack of knowledge of Greek and my getting stuck going through revolutionary war heroes after dismissing George Washington.    Either way?  I'll take it!  Which is good since it is what I earned.

• Love 2

4/5

Missed The Philippines. I read the clue as the country was named for a Spanish king AND the Greek word for horse, so I was trying to think of an island with hippo in it. I figured that was easier than trying to go through Spanish kings in my head.

Other than Wednesday they were all instagets for me. 

• Love 2