Type keyword(s) to search

Season 37 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

If we had been playing The Contest this past week, it would have thrown my score into a turmoil. When these episodes were played during Christmas week 2020, I got one answer correct, Henry Kissinger. I was somewhat relieved to know my short-term memory isn't totally gone yet as this time I got four of the five answers correct. I didn't know who Pyrrhus was then, I still don't.

Scoring a four would have upset me though, that's not a number I am comfortable with. I only like ones and the occasional two. So it's good the score sheet is closed.

@Grundoon59, of course there is a place for you at T41. Costumes optional but recommended. I hereby declare all tables open for the last feast of the season. Food in the shape of your score is encouraged!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I am very, very, very happy with my standing as relatively middle of the road.  But I have to say the joviality of the T41 always took the sting out of getting so few right and quite frankly the declaring round carbs the official T40 fare made the week I whiffed it particularly entertaining for me.  

Looking forward to season 38.  Thanks for everything @saber5055.  

Clearly this week you would have been at the T14.  :).  

I know who Pyrrhus is now, and knew who he was then, although I don't remember if I got the question right or not.   But either way, I wouldn't have spelled it close enough on either occasion (I totally cribbed off Saber for the spelling tonight)  What was the big spelling controversy from this year?   Berry Gordy?  That may be the only thing I remember from this years final jeopardy experience but better than nothing!

• Love 5

Oh, man, don't bring up Berry Gordy again @bybrandy, please and thank you.

I have all the player certificates finished, just have to get them to you all. They are pretty cool if I do say so. But I haven't drawn winner numbers yet from the Magic Tub. Inertia comes and goes.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I have all the player certificates finished

Nifty!  Is a certificate like the diploma that the Scarecrow gets in The Wizard of Oz?  (Oops, should I spoiler tag that?)

• LOL 5
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Driad said:

Nifty!  Is a certificate like the diploma that the Scarecrow gets in The Wizard of Oz?  (Oops, should I spoiler tag that?)

No need for spoiler tags. And yes indeed, the FJ Contest certificates are not only like the Oz version, they are better, official diplomas suitable for framing and a document proving the mental acuity of each FJC player. "Huzzah!”

Edited by saber5055
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Sorry contest players, I've been gone. Long story short ... I'm back, sort of. I started PM-ing certificates to players, then got sidelined but will start sending again today. Only 20 more to send! Ha ha. Then it's time to start the Season 38 Contest. Geez, where does the time go ... not sure I can handle the drah-mah of the new season.

• Love 4

I finally did what I promised at the start of this season ... Three contest players have been chosen as end-of-season prize winners. Since everyone was assigned a number on my score sheet, I put those numbers into a (empty -- and clean!) Great Value Ranch Dip tub, snapped on the lid, shook it up, then drew three numbers without looking ... 42, 55 and 58. Those numbers corresponded to players @Grundoon59, @zoey1996  and @DXD526. Congratulations you troika of winners. Prizes are books of trivia and knowledge, one of your choice will be mailed to each of you. I will PM the list to all three so you may select which book you want.

Don't get too excited, the books are all second-hand volumes but hey, gift horse and all you guys.

I will open the Season 38 Contest thread shortly for signups. So start lining up everyone. You, too, could be a Big Wiener. I mean WINNER. As always, scores don't matter, fun does.

• Love 10

I love my certificate and feel honored that the Great Tub of Knowledge was gracious enough to award me a book as well.  I have enjoyed participating in this contest so much - it helped draw me back into Jeopardy after losing Mother Grundoon in January 2020 and helped me feel part of a community again.  Thanks to you all I laughed while I learned stuff - what could be better?  I am really looking forward to participating in next season's contest. 

• Love 7

Have to print out the new certificate, then I'll have two (Although it looks the like the contest has been around for 3 seasons, so either there was no certificate for the first one, or I forgot to print it)

Then I'll have to decide if I want to further humiliate myself in season 38 😰

• Love 6
3 hours ago, opus said:

Have to print out the new certificate, then I'll have two (Although it looks the like the contest has been around for 3 seasons, so either there was no certificate for the first one, or I forgot to print it)

You are correct: The certificate for Season 36 never happened. You can blame the contest host for bailing, or more accurately, just disappearing and forgetting all that was promised to players. Crummy host.

You have to play again Opus, because it's time for a new icon. Don't let us down. And: Don't throw away your shot!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

You are correct: The certificate for Season 36 never happened. You can blame the contest host for bailing, or more accurately, just disappearing and forgetting all that was promised to players. Crummy host.

You have to play again Opus, because it's time for a new icon. Don't let us down. And: Don't throw away your shot!

Okay, you talked me into it (I’m easily controllable). But I look forward to posting the 0/5’s with the same dread that Sony looks forward to broadcasting next week’s episodes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3