Type keyword(s) to search

Season 37 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Jeopardy! Season 37 is almost here. Yes, it's an amazing time! And continuing with the amazement is the new Season 37 Final Jeopardy Contest. Face it you guys, you know this is fun. I hope everyone from S36 will be back to play S37, and new players are welcome and encouraged to participate. There will be prizes awarded at the end of the season for a variety of winners, so if you score high, low or somewhere in between, your chances of bringing home a prize are excellent. Plus, it's FREE! And I promise prizes WILL be awarded. *cough*

And asterisks will be back! If you know the answer to a FJ clue that stumps all three players, you'll get an asterisk for that day. And qualify for more prizes at the end of the season. It's a win win!

FJ clues will be posted weekly, so even if you miss a day or two, you can catch up here. Then post your score for the week. I will give your post a "heart" once it's been recorded. Remember, this is all for fun. No finger pointing allowed! Discussion of FJ clues and answers is allowed though.** I hope to see lots of familiar and new avatars here, starting next week. Questions? Just ask!

**Please: No comments or FJ discussion until the week's clues are posted and scores are posted. Late players thank you!

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I can't participate. Yesterday, I saw the category reveal for FJ and next thing I knew, I woke up 20 minute into AGT or whatever it was.  I can no longer trust myself not to fall asleep in front of the TV at inopportune times.

Weak excuse, if you don't mind me saying so.

• LOL 1

I haven't been on Previously for so long, I almost forgot about Jeopardy starting. Count me in for the new contest, if I remember Jeopardy is on these days. I'll be awake, just forgetful about what day and time it is.

• Love 1
On 9/9/2020 at 9:14 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

I can't participate. Yesterday, I saw the category reveal for FJ and next thing I knew, I woke up 20 minute into AGT or whatever it was.  I can no longer trust myself not to fall asleep in front of the TV at inopportune times.

The "What was Final Jeopardy? I missed it!" Thread has several sources of FJ.  When my station decides they would rather show f**tb*ll talk than Jeopardy, I use http://thejeopardyfan.com/category/recaps because it shows the clue and you have to scroll down for the answer.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

I'm in! 

@Toothbrush, where have you been?!?! Our prodigal Toothbrush returns! Yeay! Starting a new contest will be a daily bright spot. I'm looking forward to a reunion of The Old Gang, and meeting some new players here. It's almost Monday, guys!

20 hours ago, Driad said:

The "What was Final Jeopardy? I missed it!" Thread has several sources of FJ.  When my station decides they would rather show f**tb*ll talk than Jeopardy, I use http://thejeopardyfan.com/category/recaps because it shows the clue and you have to scroll down for the answer.

Driad is talking to you, "No Excuses Prevailing Wind!"

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

So I would just answer/or not, the FJ for today, then come here to say if I got it or not?

At the end of the week you post your score, 3/5, 4/5, whatever you got. Plus any asterisks you may have gotten.

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, Trey said:

At the end of the week you post your score, 3/5, 4/5, whatever you got. Plus any asterisks you may have gotten.

Ok, got it. Thanks!

I'll be playing then.

Edited by dgpolo
additional thought
  • Love 2

I think I'm going to give it a try this year!

Fair warning, I will probably be more of a threat when it comes to fighting for last place 😛 I don't traditionally do fantastic at FJ, which is why I have never done this in the past.

• Love 3

So happy to see everyone checking in. Also glad to see @opus is observing the new Jeopardy! social distancing rules. I'd go ALL IN with that 3000 if I were you, buddy. Meanwhile, I challenge all of you to just try to take away my DAL trophy from the last two years. Go ahead. Just try.

On 9/9/2020 at 6:14 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

I was doing that at the end of last season. So I now take a 30 minute cat nap each afternoon. Problem solved. (fortunately, I don't work in the afternoons).

As always, I'm in, though I never rise beyond middle of the pack. I don't care, it's just fun and Saber's a great host.

• Love 4

week 1 • Sept. 14, 2020 — NO asterisk
1. Famous Buildings. This Rome building with a name from the Greek was described by Michaelangelo as coming from “angelic and not human design” 
2. The Music Biz. In 2019, at a 60th anniversary event in Detroit, this producer announced his retirement saying he had “come full circle.”
3. 19th Century Americans. Obituaries called this man who died in 1820 a celebrated colonel, the first settler in Ky. & a man who delighted in perils & battle.
4. 20th Century Artists. “Los Tres Grandes” were Jose Clemente Orozco, David Alfaro Siqueiros & him.
5. English Poets. An 1816 poem by him says, “That with music loud and long, I would build that dome in air, that sunny dome!”

2 hours ago, dgpolo said:

Week 1: 3/5, I've never kept track before so I don't know if this is good, bad or average for me.

So far you are at the top of the leader board, so I say Good For You. (TM AT) Last season it took me until the fourth week to get my first FJ answer. This season I'm currently tied for second place already! Yeay me!

7 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I thought Tuesday was an asterisk?  Not that I got it, mind you....

I agree with what Andy posted on TheJeopardyFan:

"In my opinion, this was easily the worst ruling that the judges have made on the show in a great many seasons. To my ear, there is such an insignificant difference between “Barry” and “Berry” that the judges deserve to receive every single last complaint the show gets tonight on social media. Thankfully, this was immaterial to the outcome of the game and she won’t be returned, but still. Betsy should have received credit and this was 100% a terrible ruling by the judges."

Therefore, I'm taking the power invested in me to say Betsy answered correctly, so no asterisk for this week.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

So far you are at the top of the leader board, so I say Good For You. (TM AT) Last season it took me until the fourth week to get my first FJ answer. This season I'm currently tied for second place already! Yeay me!

Whoa! didn't know that, thanks! The ones I got were Pantheon, Boone and Rivera.

Edited by dgpolo
Whoops! edited to correct answer, promise I wrote the write one on the day.
  • LOL 1