Type keyword(s) to search

Season 37 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Knew I couldn"t carry on from such a good start but still pleased with 2/5.   Siam/Thailand and Alcott were my only correct.  Montessori was obvious after the answer was announced and I said dwarf star as science is not a strong suit.  Finally I said Tiger Woods even though I thought he was too young - just figured it had to be golf but couldn't process other golfers through my brain quick enough.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, j5cochran said:

Can I sit at the cool kids' table, too? Please! Please! Please!

Well, I guess since you WANT to, okay. I've put a chair at that CK table for you. Just know the Nerd Table, where I am sitting, is much more fun.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, j5cochran said:

Can I sit at the cool kids' table, too? Please! Please! Please!

10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Well, I guess since you WANT to, okay. I've put a chair at that CK table for you. Just know the Nerd Table, where I am sitting, is much more fun.

I'm 66 years old, and at family reunions, I still sit at the kids' table.  But it's okay, 'cause I'm the "Cool Aunt"!

Edited by j5cochran
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

5/5 and one *. Golf fan here! We watched the US Open plus saw Phil Mickelson selling Enbrel on commercials. Lucky for me this question came up so close to the Open. 

I said Siam instead of Thailand because of the year. I hope that's correct too.

• Love 2
On 9/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, M. Darcy said:

3/5!  Perfect week until Thursday.

Me too. I said red dwarf for Thursday, and that guy from the Enbrel ads for Friday. 

Thursday & Friday FJs have not been my friends for season 37 thus far. 

• Love 1

Yeay @Toothbrush! It's so good to have you back. I hope tomorrow and the next day treat you better this week.

And now, announcing the winner of Week 2 ... @opus. Because it's well deserved and because I can. Congratulations, my friend. Wear your Winner's Mantle with pride. It only lasts a week.

13 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

And now, announcing the winner of Week 2 ... @opus. Because it's well deserved and because I can. Congratulations, my friend. Wear your Winner's Mantle with pride. It only lasts a week.

Is it for lowest score? It’s for lowest score, isn’t it?

”First and foremost, I’d like to thank all my teachers, professors, and educators. I’d like to, but I won’t, because they prefer to remain anonymous“

• LOL 6
(edited)

WEEK 3 • Sept. 28, 2020 — TWO asterisk *
* 11. On The Old Map. On the U.N. website’s map of the world in 1945, these 2 initials of a member state appear 13 times on continental Africa. *
* 12. The Great Lakes. An 1855 poem gives us this Native American name for the 1 Great Lake not known to us today by a Native American word or a tribe’s name.  *
13. Historic Figures. In a 1912 telegram to his wife, he said, “Am feeling fine. Have bullet in chest, but…talked for hour and half after being shot.”
14. Literary Terms. In medieval times it was a long tale of a hero like Gisli or Njall; today it means any story of epic length.
15. Architecture. Begun in the 1170s on former marshland, it has been called a “perfect imperfection” & a “legendary mistake.”

Edited by saber5055
Missed removing one answer!
20 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Overall:  8/15  (0 asterisks).

If I have to keep track of overall or year to date scores, I'm in trouble. I barely keep track of TS correct answers and FJs on scraps of paper all over my desk.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

If I have to keep track of overall or year to date scores, I'm in trouble.

You don't unless you want to. I record the totals on my Season 37 Excel sheet. Anyone who wants to know his/her total as the season goes on can ask me and I will probably tell.

• Love 1

2/5, again. Was 0-for until Thursday, which I guess is a better way of going 2/5 than getting Monday and Tuesday right and getting all charged up for a big week, then tanking Wed-Fri!

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

Was 0-for until Thursday, which I guess is a better way of going 2/5 than getting Monday and Tuesday right and getting all charged up for a big week, then tanking Wed-Fri!

The title "Monday-Tuesday Correct And All Charged Up For A Big Week" (and then tanking) can be shortened to ""The Saber Playbook."

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, dgpolo said:

If I have to keep track of overall or year to date scores, I'm in trouble. I barely keep track of TS correct answers and FJs on scraps of paper all over my desk.

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

You don't unless you want to. I record the totals on my Season 37 Excel sheet. Anyone who wants to know his/her total as the season goes on can ask me and I will probably tell.

I do it that way because it's easier for me to track.  Also I'm a control freak, so I like knowing my score.  Also, retired accountant/financial analyst, so keeping score is pretty easy for me.  Doing it the way I do means I don't have to work out yet another damned excel spreadsheet. 

• Love 1