Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Denise and Desist

• Start Topic

Denise is a no-show at Dorit's housewarming party and fails to keep plans with Garcelle twice in one week. The group hops on a private jet to celebrate Erika's Broadway debut, while Lisa and Denise try to salvage their 20-year friendship.

Airdate: 08/26/2020

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I'm probably going to be the only one who didn't think Dorit's kid yelling out during her speech was cute. Nevertheless, I didn't. 😂

We have next seasons target. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Garcelle looks gorgeous in red. 

She’s so beautiful in general, but you’re right. She looks particularly gorgeous in red.

Phoenix is so cute. I want one! Lol 

I think Dorit’s home is beautiful. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She’s so beautiful in general, but you’re right. She looks particularly gorgeous in red.

Soooo stunning. Absolutely beautiful woman. 

Here comes a soap scene on the couch between Denise and Lisa!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I'm probably going to be the only one who didn't think Dorit's kid yelling out during her speech was cute. Nevertheless, I didn't. 😂

I am with you.  I think kids that age are better seen, not heard, amongst adults.  I think it’s inappropriate for a kid to come yelling during a toast at an adults’ party.  I noticed that PK and Kyle both remarked that Dorit talked too much during the episode, though, so maybe it was one of those out of the mouth of babes things.  

Lol, Brandi.  The stuff between you and Denise “is no one else’s business” now???  A day late and a dollar short.  

Was Denise supposed to ride to Dorit’s party with Garcelle or something?  I am not totally sure why Garcelle took the no-show so personally. Denise didn’t want Garcelle to have to lie for her.  I have been saying all season that people shouldn’t lie—they don’t owe everyone the God’s honest truth, but I don’t think lying is helpful—so if Denise didn’t want to come to the party and just shut off her phone, that’s preferable to a lie to me.  It’s some growth and progress. 

And I don’t know exactly how this show works with production, but I don’t think you get to take someone else’s lie and carry it over two degrees and take umbrage.  If Aaron lied to the producers about a family emergency, I’m not sure the women then get to blame Denise for “lying.”  That’s at least two degrees of separation.  Let Aaron take that up with the producers.  

Again, not Team Denise, just calling balls and strikes.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Another creepy moment from Rinna: “Ooh, you’re so angry.”

That soap opera experience comes in hand.

Garcelle is probably joining The Real just to get away from these women.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I just wish Denise would have been honest and wrote to the women, the evening of the party.  She just had to say that Brandi texted her stating she would be at the party that evening and Denise wasn’t comfortable with that.

This would have been waaaaay too sensible for these drama queens.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I really did not like the breaking of the fourth wall tonight.  I know production messes with the ladies to stir the pot, but I dont want to see how the sausage gets made. 

This x100. I think I actually yelled at the television.

• Love 8

I’m assuming Garcelle will not be back since she’ll be on The Real. I’m happy for her, she was too good for this show. I hope Sutton doesn’t come back, she brought nothing to the show except hideous clothing choices.  I hope Denise doesn’t come back, she doesn’t need this show anyway, she has an acting career. If Kim and Brandi come back I’m done. Done! 
well, on to the shitshow of the reunion which will be virtual, they can flounce off to their own bathrooms if they get mad.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

^^^ 

Yeah, I saw that, but isn’t that lame to preview a flashback?!?  Production this season sucks.  They should all hold up big yellow bananas at the beginning instead of diamonds, so at least we can be warned that we’re going to get screwed as viewers.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Was Denise supposed to ride to Dorit’s party with Garcelle or something?  I am not totally sure why Garcelle took the no-show so personally. Denise didn’t want Garcelle to have to lie for her.  I have been saying all season that people shouldn’t lie—they don’t owe everyone the God’s honest truth, but I don’t think lying is helpful—so if Denise didn’t want to come to the party and just shut off her phone, that’s preferable to a lie to me.  It’s some growth and progress. 

And I don’t know exactly how this show works with production, but I don’t think you get to take someone else’s lie and carry it over two degrees and take umbrage.  If Aaron lied to the producers about a family emergency, I’m not sure the women then get to blame Denise for “lying.”  That’s at least two degrees of separation.  Let Aaron take that up with the producers.  

Again, not Team Denise, just calling balls and strikes.  

I don't see why Garcelle would have to lie for Denise. Denise had the option of telling the truth. "I decided not to come because Brandi texted me to say she was coming and I didn't want to deal with that." That's all she needed to tell Garcelle. 

And that's why Denise loses me. She's trying to control the narrative so tightly that she is making herself look dishonest. I personally think a lot of people would understand why she didn't want a big confrontation with Brandi at Dorit's party. So why not just say that?

That doesn't mean I believe Brandi because I don't. Every time I think that Denise is lying about their relationship, I remember it is Brandi telling the story here and I just don't believe her. But once again, Denise denies this texting relationship but then says in the confessional, "well, I  have texts from Brandi and Rinna, too." Okay but Rinna isn't denying that, Denise? So which is it, do you barely know Brandi or do you have damning text messages from her?

At this point, I kind of believe Denise and Brandi deserve each other. 

ETA: IMO, the reason why Denise didn’t tell Garcelle the truth re the party is because she knows that admitting she got a text from Brandi shows that she was lying about the extent of her friendship with Brandi. So that's why she chose the ghosting option.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Another creepy moment from Rinna: “Ooh, you’re so angry.”

When Rinna said that, I think she was waiting for the inevitable soap suspense music and the director to yell "Cut"!!  

• LOL 18
  • Love 6