Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Denise and Desist

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

^^^ 

Yeah, I saw that, but isn’t that lame to preview a flashback?!?  Production this season sucks. 

Also—Dorit on her phone or something saying she was worried/scared for Denise. Where was that?

Worst season ever. 

• Love 10

Why would Brandi text Denise to let her know she would be there?  If Brandi knows Denise so well she would know that would cause Denise to bail on the party. Stupid play by Brandi? Or did Rinna get Brandi to send the text thus manipulating the final narrative???  Way too much conspiracy thought for a RH show, but that's how much I distrust the evil Rinna...

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Well other than Denise admitting that there really was no family emergency, I don’t know who to believe about what because most of them lie. They manipulate. It’s part of this job. Hmm..is making Howives bucks worth losing your integrity. Me thinks not. 

• Love 11

I don't remember who said it (I think it was Rinna) but thanks to Big Brother being on right now, I damned near threw a pillow when I heard the phrase "straight shooter" during a talking head. It's bad enough that it's infested every competition reality show but now it's making the rounds on candid reality shows? UGH. If the Housewives start talking about having blood on their hands, I'm gonna start demanding a 24/7 live feed to watch them on. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

This is how I think casting will go next season:

Denise will be out for obvious reasons

Garcelle out because she got another gig on The Real

Sutton out because she's boring

Not too sure about Teddi 

Kyle, Lisa, Dorit, Erica will be in and they will add Kim and Brandi full time. There are your 6. It will be a disaster but maybe a disaster worth watching because we know Brandi can never stay out of trouble. I predict she's going to go in on Rinna because they never liked each other. Brandi used to make fun of Lisa's hair all the time, accusing her of wearing a wig and we already know Rinna and Kim hate each other. I would stay tuned for that.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t believe Garcelle that she’s very excited about Michael.  Is there anything exciting about Michael?  

Based on the updates at the end of the show, it looks like Garcelle agrees with you. 

1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

Here comes a soap scene on the couch between Denise and Lisa!

Oof.  I know reality isn't real.  So much of it is writer/producer inspired improv.  But then sometimes real things happen that are also included.  

Scenes like this one are making it hard for me to parse out whether Denise is truly upset about everything, including the other housewives.  Or if she's behind all of it and knows how to create drama.  Or, if she's upset about the storyline but isn't actually that mad with her cast mates.

Because this scenes was puuuure soap opera.  Everything from the dialogue (it really did sound like dialogue) to the staging to the delivery felt like a soap.  The only thing missing was the music.  And because it felt so staged, I couldn't help but think Denise and Lisa collaborated on putting it together which would seemingly indicate they're closer than their storyline this season indicates. 

1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I would have like to have seen a conversation between Brandi and Denise. This conversation with Rinna is going nowhere. 

Yep.  And one of the reasons I can almost believe this thing happened is because Denise doesn't confront Brandi on her lies.  I mean, if someone said they slept with me and we hadn't, I think it'd be the easiest thing to do to call them crazy. 

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Have any of the housewives shows ever had the producers take an active part in promoting chaos?  

I am sure it happens in all of the iterations of the franchise.  In all reality TV actually. But I think this is the first time the show has pulled back and let us see it.  

The producers are clearly not happy with Denise. They've been pretty careful to show every time she's not living up to aspects of her contract.  And to do that, to remind people there are responsibilities to being on this show, they've had to pull back and show us. 

Whether that sways anyone, I don't know.  But I do think this predates Brandi and only got worse once the Brandi stuff happened. 

1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m assuming Garcelle will not be back since she’ll be on The Real. 

I wouldn't assume that necessarily.  The women have all had side gigs before.  I could see how talking about her real life might cause a conflict with her "real" life but if anything, this makes me wonder if she's more likely to be back.  She's won't be missing because of other work like she was for the first half of the season since her other work is in LA. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I just wish Denise would have been honest and wrote to the women, the evening of the party.  She just had to say that Brandi texted her stating she would be at the party that evening and Denise wasn’t comfortable with that.

Exactly, how hard is that?  Say it like it happened, she got a text from Brandi saying she would be there, and she wasn't going to turn her life into a Jerry Springer moment for the Bravo ratings god.  Most people would get that.  Denise has lost credibility with me because she's lying for no good reason at this point (and this applies to Aaron because he is guilty by association) and the thing is, she is in so deep now she's going for broke.  She's still lying.  She knows she's lying and she seems to expect her "friends" to cover for her whether she's lying or not.  She may be that kind of friend since she's had such brutal press, and expects that from others.  She did mention something about having texts of Brandi and Rinna they may not like having exposed.  Of course, she could be lying too. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

FWIW, I appreciated Mauricio standing firm on Kim's totally inappropriate request. Like, not even doing a wink and a nudge. Good for him on that.

Me too, but I don’t think it was too difficult for him to resist. The look on his face was priceless. I need screenshots for meme purposes. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

I don’t think Denise is any better than the rest of them. She has no credibility because she’s admitted to being dishonest and constantly changes her stories. The fact that the other ladies are lying schemers don’t change that. They can all be bad. 

Side note: I loved Dorit’s makeup when she was at drinks with Garcelle and Rinna. 

Edited by MinorL
  • Love 9

Back to watching and catching up after the BAD fires in our area.

i looked at this season by removing the characters from their scenes and looked closer at all of the fourth wall breaking and production manipulation that was exposed and have decided this season was so boring that production totally intruded to try to have anything "juicy" to film.

I will watch the reunion episodes to see how they try to untangle this clusterfuck but will not return for another season.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, MinorL said:

I don’t think Denise is any better than the rest of them. She has no credibility because she’s admitted to being dishonest and constantly changes her stories. The fact that the other ladies are lying schemers don’t change that. They can all be bad. 

Side note: I loved Dorit’s makeup when she was at drinks with Garcelle and Rinna

Her makeup was fine, but once more being a walking billboard for Versace is just too much for me.  I guess Dorit managed to borrow all the pieces from that collection, as she was wearing the complimentary garments at Teddi's shower.  

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Exactly, how hard is that?  Say it like it happened, she got a text from Brandi saying she would be there, and she wasn't going to turn her life into a Jerry Springer moment for the Bravo ratings god.  Most people would get that.  Denise has lost credibility with me because she's lying for no good reason at this point (and this applies to Aaron because he is guilty by association) and the thing is, she is in so deep now she's going for broke.  She's still lying.  She knows she's lying and she seems to expect her "friends" to cover for her whether she's lying or not.  She may be that kind of friend since she's had such brutal press, and expects that from others.  She did mention something about having texts of Brandi and Rinna they may not like having exposed.  Of course, she could be lying too. 

Yay for you Shanna Banana because I was just about to post, dramatically, in all caps, “How is no one talking about the secret Rinna texts!?!”

My suggestion: Denise, get yourself one of those Charlie sheen fake text apps and head over to Lisa Vanderpump’s, where you two can get to work on Season 11: Kyle and Rinna takedown. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

That producer ass at the end trying to ratfuck Denise with Garcelle. Didn't work. Sad. 

I really loved Sutton's talk with Brandi, just you need to learn when to shut the fuck up. Sutton seems to realize just how close one should get to Brandi and it's at least a Covid 6 feet of true social distancing. You're a fun trainwreck, but imma stay over here.

Dorit mentioning who would imagine about her and Rinna is really interesting because I think possibly w/o Covid perhaps everyone would have come around, given a few months behind the scenes everyone moves on, but also I wonder how this all coincided with the shitty season of Vanderpump and all the firings, because I suspect one reason Bravo decided to Burn Denise Down was they think they can get LVP back in the cinders of the worst season of Vanderpump, and I feel like I read somewhere she was not hating on the idea, if not obviously confirming. Time and greed and fame thirst heals all wounds in the Bravo-verse. But with Covid that kind of prevents any of these ladies papering over their bullshitty fights.

Anyway Team Denise Fucking Richards/White She Devil forever. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Beachdreamer said:

I must grudgingly admit that Kyle wins the season.  At Denise's party, Kyle was the one who got drunk and sloppy and upset and stormed out.  From that moment on, I think Kyle was engineering Denise's fall, and she managed to pull it off by dragging Kim and Brandi in.  And then the dirty work of talking about Denise's private sex life was hidden under talk of Denise saying relatively mild but still negative comments about Teddi and Erika. so that they would be angry at Denise.  .  There was no mention of what Denise might have said about Kyle, Even though it was Kyle and Denise initially snapping at each other and leaving each other's parties.  That's very telling.

Kyle managed to make Teddi and Erika do her dirty work of calling Denise out for "mean" comments  and in doing so, bringing the accusation about Brandi to light, and she just sat there with her fake surprised look.  Rinna jumped in and became the bad guy on her own because frankly, she's just a terrible human being and can't resist a good take down, so I won't credit Kyle with that, but the rest of it...it was all Kyle.

It was also very telling that all the howives looked immediately at Kyle when Brandi made her surprise entrance.  Even Teddi was looking at Kyle knowingly.  Dorit looked put on the spot but she was gracious about it. 

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yay for you Shanna Banana because I was just about to post, dramatically, in all caps, “How is no one talking about the secret Rinna texts!?!”

Thank you!  The thing is, the texts could be total fabrication and Denise didn't even give us a little bone to chew on, just toothless threats.  If she has something, I hope she does spill it.  That could be fun.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Shannah Banana said:

Thank you!  The thing is, the texts could be total fabrication and Denise didn't even give us a little bone to chew on, just toothless threats.  If she has something, I hope she does spill it.  That could be fun.

Yes they could be, but the whole show feels so fake now anyway, and I would like a good ending. Kyle getting her comeuppance would be gold.

• Love 11

So Garcelle really waited in front of Denise's hotel for 45 minutes, continually calling Denise with her calls going straight to voice mail? She has a lot more patience than I would have. Then for Denise to tell Garcelle that she didn't want to bring her into her lie about a family emergency? Why not just say I'm not going because Brandy is going to be there? Denise makes things much more complicated than they need to be. Once again, an entire episode of Denise making no sense. 

I always think it is odd when women (especially women with children) move so quickly with new boyfriends. Garcelle taking about diamonds and marriage weeks into her relationship with Michael? Not a surprise at all that she is no longer with him, but it may have been a surprise to Michael.

It took all season but Sutton has finally grown on me. She has come so far from making a rude comment early on about having to put up with Teddi's pregnancy, to flying the ladies by private jet to NY because Teddi is pregnant. Now I don't for a minute think there also wasn't the added perk of bragging about the private jet, but props to her anyway. I would like to see Sutton back just to see what god awful outfit she shows up in. Did anyone else who watches the NY franchise want to see the dress that Sutton wore to Dorito's party paired up with Dorinda's bedazzled afghan pants? Maybe now that Dorinda is unemployed, she can sell some of her garish wardrobe to Sutton.

Finally Dorito is living in a house that I like. Not as much as I like Kyle's (outside) or Rinna's, but it is better than anything she has owned (using that term loosely) so far.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

I personally think a lot of people would understand why she didn't want a big confrontation with Brandi at Dorit's party. So why not just say that?

Because she wanted to fuck productions set up of her, if she texted anyone then production would know she wasn't coming, instead they were left hanging, which is why they are the ones who are in Rinna's words "soooo angry" that they tried to blow her out with Garcelle.

I don't love that she left Garcelle (her only true friend) and Dorit (the host) hanging, but I get why she wanted to shut it down like Jack Donaghy. 

All because Denise having standards re: kids and fucktalk made them feel judged as shitty moms. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yes they could be, but the whole show feels so fake now anyway, and I would like a good ending. Kyle getting her comeuppance would be gold.

I've known for a long time that these shows were scripted, but this season of Beverly Hills has really exposed it on a whole new level.  I didn't really appreciate that producer complaining about Denise to Garcelle, it seemed out of line and unprofessional, and then they show it to us on purpose. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Was Denise supposed to ride to Dorit’s party with Garcelle or something?  I am not totally sure why Garcelle took the no-show so personally. 

Yes. Denise and Garcelle were supposed to carpool together. That's why Garcelle was so late to the party. 

That was particularly rude, knowing someone is literally waiting on you to go with them somewhere and not even bothering to text that they shouldn't wait and to go ahead without you.

Other than her not letting Garcelle know, since they were riding together, I could not care less that Denis went MIA for the party.  😂 She doesn't owe any of them her explanations

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

So does anyone else find it really interesting that BRANDI was the one to spoil the ambush by texting Denise to give her a heads up that she would be at the party? 

Brandi was clearly trying to claw her way into as much screen time as possible when starting all this nonsense. But she also HAD to know that Denise wouldn't even show up if she knew Brandi would be there. 

I would have thought she would welcome the giant ambush scene, because she's desperate for attention like Rinna. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, ciaoformeow said:

So does anyone else find it really interesting that BRANDI was the one to spoil the ambush by texting Denise to give her a heads up that she would be at the party? 

Brandi was clearly trying to claw her way into as much screen time as possible when starting all this nonsense. But she also HAD to know that Denise wouldn't even show up if she knew Brandi would be there. 

I would have thought she would welcome the giant ambush scene, because she's desperate for attention like Rinna. 

She’s not the brightest. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

I believe that Rinna inadvertently came off the worst of all the Housewives this season. All the other ladies were vile as well ( looking at Kyle for throwing Teddi into the mix and changing the narrative of the season), but as Denise’s alleged “ bestie” for over 20 years, Rinna, was just plain evil.  I’m agreeing that this season was boring until they were able to throw Denise under the bus, but the producer manipulation really turns me off.

• Love 18

I wish Denise would have called Garcelle and just told her that due to dealing with a family issue (technical white lie to get production off her ass and not break her contract) to go ahead to the party without her and she would be there as soon as she was able (of course never to to show up because of the total production BG set up) and then call both Garcelle and Dorit  later that night or the next day and "apologize "her missing the event due to unforeseen circumstances and leave it at that with no further qualifiers.

But I can also understand her turning off her phone and not responding until receiving legal counsel to protect herself.  This  party nonsense did occur during after work hours ,you can just imagine how expensive legal advice/fees are.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, Jel said:

The sad part is Kyle was finally getting her comeuppance at the beginning of the season, before she derailed it by going after Denise. That's what made the early part of the season so enjoyable--at least for me.

• Love 18

I feel bad that Garcelle was made to feel badly—it is rude for Denise to blow someone off like that—but I also feel bad that she feels bad over what is clearly producer manipulation. Again, I don’t think that it was cool for Denise to do that—twice—but I wonder if she was just trying to keep her tracks as covered as possible, or maybe just keep as tight a rein on her situation as possible... more about Denise than Garcelle. Anyway I think Garcelle is too normal-person-honest for this group.

The sour irony of Rinna “schooling” Garcelle and Dorit on how awful Denice is. 🙄

I liked Dorit’s look at the Emotionally Unavailable bar. The designer name all over her clothes was much more subtle, LOL. And she looked relaxed but cozy. Her new house also feels more relaxed and comfortable, even though it’s all white and stylish. Huh. That Bowie artwork was kinda cool, too.

3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Garcelle is probably joining The Real just to get away from these women.

This show was good training! LOL

1 hour ago, lyric said:

By far, the most intriguing moment from tonight was Sutton stating how we didn't need to worry about any rumors of her having sex with Brandy because "I mean, look at me." with an eye roll. A HW openly insecure about her appeal? Now, THAT is a topic worth exploring.

I think she’s a nice-looking woman! And ironically, that TH is the best I’ve seen her look all season.

The worst? The bizarro sacred-heart doily dress. Sorry, Sutton, I don’t know if it protected you in that situation (maybe it did, you didn’t come off as poorly as Rinna 🤣).

Edited by ivygirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, BlueHawk said:

And once again Sutton😳😵

Somewhere a designer & a salesperson are curled up in fits of giggling glee "OMG! She's really wearing it! I told you we had her !" 😂😁😎

That is the only logical explanation.  I have looked this dress over, up and sideways, and it is a catastrophe.  lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Why are they surprised Denise isn’t there? I wouldn’t come to a party with these bitches either after the way they ganged up on her. 
And here’s  Kim and Brandi again, just stop pushing them on us Bravo. 

I wish Denise had dealt with the situation in a better way, HOWEVER, Brandi and Kim are so thirsty for any kind of media  exposure they will drag anyone through the mud. Brandi did NOT have to share that on camera and I cannot help but assume Kyle was behind Brandi's televised disclosure. Kyle loves to manipulate RHOBH's storyline, so long as the focus is not on her marriage. Lastly, Denise making a veiled threat to publish Rinna's texts only served to make me feel she DID have an affair with Brandi (Eeww!).

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

That is the only logical explanation.  I have looked this dress over, up and sideways, and it is a catastrophe.  lol

I have seen Sutton in a few hideous couture pieces and I can only assume she figures a high price tag is a guarantee that she'll look good. (Psst... Sutton, your outfits look atrocious.)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

I feel bad that Garcelle was made to feel badly—it is rude for Denise to blow someone off like that—but I also feel bad that she feels bad over what is clearly producer manipulation.

I agree! I couldn't believe it when the producer approach Garcelle in her vehicle and began to point out that Garcelle should feel upset because she had been defending Denise, while Denise blows her off. Garcelle was relatively fine prior to that producer whispering his poison in her ear. And Lisa Rinni was experiencing far too much glee during her visit with Denise, especially when she was smirking while pointing out how angry Denise was. Who knows, maybe  Brandi and Denise set this whole storyline in motion, knowing it would make for a popular storyline?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7