Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Denise and Desist

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Well, then, why would Denise agree to have her 15 year old on camera, if she said one thing in private and another thing on camera?

(Note - I don't think she did. I truly think Sami did not care. I just don't understand this argument that is somehow good mothering to make it look like your daughter is saying one thing in private, and another thing in public). 

Is it good mothering to allow people to talk about inappropriate things to and around your underage children because they said it was ok? Good mothering is shutting it down the child doesn’t get a vote in what is or isn’t appropriate because once again they are the child and she was the parent 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 17

Is it good mothering to allow people to talk about inappropriate things to and around your underage children because they said it was ok? 

No no it's because she as an actress played a murderous bisexual slut in a movie (actually she's a teenager preyed upon by a disgusting older man but heh let us not even be accurate about that).

• Love 2
Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

Is it good mothering to allow people to talk about inappropriate things to and around your underage children because they said it was ok? 

I think you know the answer to this question since I have answered it several times. You continue to insinuate that I said that I think that is okay, and I haven't. I have said the opposite.

But to be perfectly clear - I think Denise used Sami as a smokescreen. I think she used her own child and it blew up in her face because Sami didn't say it. And if Sami did say it in private, I think it is super gross to make it look like her underage daughter is saying one thing in private and another thing in public. That is not great mothering, in my view. 

And I will repeat this because apparently I have to: Denise was well within her rights to tell them to stop talking about threesomes. The other women should be criticized for not stopping. The other women should be criticized for insinuating that the child of Charlie Sheen would know about threesomes. A child saying it's okay doesn't make it okay. That STILL doesn't mean that Denise didn't lie about what her daughter said. All evidence that we have is that she did. And that sucks, and I will continue to criticize her for that. 

• Love 5
Just now, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think you know the answer to this question since I have answered it several times. You continue to insinuate that I said that I think that is okay, and I haven't. I have said the opposite.

But to be perfectly clear - I think Denise used Sami as a smokescreen. I think she used her own child and it blew up in her face because Sami didn't say it. And if Sami did say it in private, I think it is super gross to make it look like her underage daughter is saying one thing in private and another thing in public. That is not great mothering, in my view. 

And I will repeat this because apparently I have to: Denise was well within her rights to tell them to stop talking about threesomes. The other women should be criticized for not stopping. The other women should be criticized for insinuating that the child of Charlie Sheen would know about threesomes. A child saying it's okay doesn't make it okay. That STILL doesn't mean that Denise didn't lie about what her daughter said. All evidence that we have is that she did. And that sucks, and I will continue to criticize her for that. 

Because you keep using the well she said she was ok with it... she’s a underage child she doesn’t get a vote 

• Love 3
Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

Because you keep using the well she said she was ok with it... she’s a underage child she doesn’t get a vote 

Okay, then why did Denise ask her about it?

Again, TO BE ENTIRELY CLEAR - I didn't say she gets a vote. I said that on camera, her mother asked her how she felt about it, and on camera, her daughter basically said it wasn't a big deal, and then on camera, her mother told other people a lie about her daughter felt about it. Denise is the one who made it about whether or not Sami was okay with it. Not me, the viewer. Denise. I agree that Sami doesn't get a vote. Then maybe her mother should have thought better about asking her about it on camera and then lying about her answer. 

Are you just never going to acknowledge that Denise lied about it?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Okay, then why did Denise ask her about it?

Again, TO BE ENTIRELY CLEAR - I didn't say she gets a vote. I said that on camera, her mother asked her how she felt about it, and on camera, her daughter basically said it wasn't a big deal, and then on camera, her mother told other people a lie about her daughter felt about it. Denise is the one who made it about whether or not Sami was okay with it. Not me, the viewer. Denise. I agree that Sami doesn't get a vote. Then maybe her mother should have thought better about asking her about it on camera and then lying about her answer. 

Are you just never going to acknowledge that Denise lied about it?

I believe Denise knows her children better then we do.. I believe the total of less then 10 min screen time that she had them on this season doesn’t give any of us more  insight on her daughters then she has in their entire life of knowing them.. if she said it wasn’t appropriate for her daughters and it somehow wasn’t ok with one as her mother who’s know her for 15 years everyday I’ll take that has Gospel... I do however super respect your sticking to your guns on your opinion and we might not agree but that’s very admirable 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ciaoformeow said:

Yes. Denise and Garcelle were supposed to carpool together. That's why Garcelle was so late to the party. 

That was particularly rude, knowing someone is literally waiting on you to go with them somewhere and not even bothering to text that they shouldn't wait and to go ahead without you.

Yes, I have no idea how I missed that one.  Kyle said something about Malibu traffic, so I just assumed Denise was driving on her own, but there’s a whole scene of Garcelle and Michael pulling up to Denise’s hotel and waiting for her.  I guess I was distracted.  I blame the pins on Dorit’s dress.

Given that Garcelle was waiting for Denise, that is some shitty, shitty behavior not to just text, “I’m not going to make it.  I’m sorry to inconvenience you.  We’ll talk tomorrow.”  If Denise was afraid to text even that to Garcelle for fear that Garcelle would tell the producers that Denise wasn’t going to show up, and disclose the location of her hotel so that producers could ostensibly harass Denise?  Then Denise doesn’t consider Garcelle a friend, and that’s Garcelle’s concern, which I think is sound.  

————————————————————————————

On rewatch, I don’t think the Dorit-Garcelle-Lisa scene was filmed out of sequence.  I read that on here, so I checked the scene out more thoroughly than I normally would, and Garcelle said Denise stood her up earlier that day.  Then the show flashes back to “five hours earlier” with Garcelle wearing the same outfit and receiving a text from Denise in which Denise is canceling and offering for them to get together with their men during the holiday week.  Denise is clearly not in cahoots with production, so there would be no reason for her to fake a text about the holidays being ahead of them as opposed to behind them.  

If we really want to work ourselves up into a conspiracy theory, we could say the scene between Dorit, Garcelle and Lisa was faked and Garcelle was wearing the same outfit that she did on the day that Denise stood her up, but I don’t think Garcelle rolls that way.  I think Denise is just a shitty friend who succeeded in alienating her last two allies on the cast, Dorit and Garcelle.  

She can’t get out of her own way!

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Well, then, why would Denise agree to have her 15 year old on camera, if she said one thing in private and another thing on camera?

(Note - I don't think she did. I truly think Sami did not care. I just don't understand this argument that is somehow good mothering to make it look like your daughter is saying one thing in private, and another thing in public). 

I totally agree with you. When someone (Rinna?) asked Denise what Sami’s reaction was, Denise immediately clammed up and said, “I don’t want to talk about this anymore.” To me, that read as she didn’t want to admit Sami wasn’t bothered so she shut down the whole conversation. 

People can imagine all sorts of possibilities that would paint Denise in the best light, but that’s just speculation to reach a particular conclusion. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I believe Denise knows her children better then we do.. I believe the total of less then 10 min screen time that she had them on this season doesn’t give any of us more  insight on her daughters then she has in their entire life of knowing them.. if she said it wasn’t appropriate for her daughters and it somehow wasn’t ok with one as her mother who’s know her for 15 years everyday I’ll take that has Gospel... I do however super respect your sticking to your guns on your opinion and we might not agree but that’s very admirable 

Ha! Okay, we can just agree to disagree. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Beachdreamer said:

The scene where Denise asks Sami about what she heard was obviously a set up.  I'm not psychic, so I don't know why it was set up, but I thought even at the time that plainly obvious that is was.  One reasonable guess is that they were trying to recreate a conversation that happened off camera.  Maybe Sami responded the same way she did off camera, and maybe she didn't.  If so, I respect Denise for not pushing it.

Another guess is that maybe Sami was upset on camera, and Denise asked for a more favorable re-shoot for her child.  I think all of this was done long before Denise had any idea how threesomes would become the theme of the entire season.

The assumption all along has been that it's Sami that's upset (or not, depending on where you sit on the Denise debate) because Sami was the one on camera talking about the incident. But Denise has two other children who were there as well. Maybe Sami was laughing about the conversation but it was Lola that was uncomfortable. Maybe Eloise who was also there was the one upset. 

I don't think it really matters in the long run. The Bev Hills ladies are known for planning their storylines in advance (I'm sure all the Housewives do it) and the Brandi bullshit seemed too... perfect and calculated to slip in there. I think they knew from the beginning that it was going to be part of the season's story but they had to lay the foundation. Denise handed them the "mommy shaming" story on a silver platter and from there it was easy to pick away at Denise's credibility and to spin it into what it became. 

• Love 11

Maybe Sami was laughing about the conversation but it was Lola that was uncomfortable. Maybe Eloise who was also there was the one upset. 

But if it was Eloise or Lola than they can't paint them as some kind of googling Generation Z sexual know it alls, with the scarlet letter of Chuckles Sheen spawn on their foreheads. Like I said she never represented Sami as upset only that Sami overheard which was her concern to begin with. Denise didn't like it and that should have been enough for these ladies to shut it. Honestly she should of kicked their asses out when they didn't. And yet Kyle was the one running way like she was the wronged party in that scenario. On top of that DFR was getting paid 4 million bucks.

Sooooo Angry.

• Love 13

Rinna made me physically ill during that last scene with Denise. 

She reminded me of when Bill Hader used to do the Keith Morrison impression on SNL -- all, "Ohhhhhh?" and gleeful about nasty stuff. 

These people always hug and kiss each other and act normal upon greeting each other for the sole purpose of having an argument they know is about to happen.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Conversations are so weird on this franchise. They all talk around an issue.  Last year puppygate dragged on for a whole season but no one outright asked Dorit why she didn’t return the puppy as stated in the contract. It all got sidetracked and totally stupid with LVP stomping off in a huff.

Same with this season.  Denise just has to say - it’s none of your fucking business, plus we all talk shit about each other... just watch the talking heads. And that would be that. But no, let’s  drag this out with lots of pearl clutching and histrionics thrown in.

Yes, this franchise is so full of bullshit.  It started back in season one when the entire season revolved around a conversation that happened between Kyle and Camille off-camera and whether production would be interested in Camille without Kelsey.  Season two—more of the same bullshit.  Kim was completely fucked up the whole season and no one said anything other than maybe she was on the wrong medication.  A lot of the season centered around whether Taylor was experiencing domestic abuse, and Taylor wouldn’t comment on it either way—she wanted the sympathy, but she didn’t want to leave her husband and it was fucking idiotic.  

Season three got worse.  Adrienne and her cease and desists and Brandi insisting that Adrienne was suing her, which Adrienne got to deny all along, because Adrienne didn’t sue Brandi, she sent her a cease and desist, so Adrienne got off on a technicality, just the way Lisa got off on a technicality at the season two reunion, because Adrienne kept accusing Lisa of “selling” stories to RadarOnline, when Lisa wasn’t selling stories, she was giving them.  All of season three, we had to hear about an underground feud between Brandi and Lisa on one side and Adrienne on the other, ostensibly because Adrienne and Paul wanted Brandi to “have a go” at Lisa at the season two reunion and Brandi refused.  Anyone keeping track?  Me neither.  

Because this show is bullshit, has been since the beginning.  This isn’t even getting into tabloid-gate, and the ever-famous Munchausen's.  I think that’s why I’m not so bothered by this season.  Like I’ve posted earlier in the season—this franchise has always been the pits to me.  

The thing I want to say, in addition to how poorly conceived this show has always been, is that we all keep saying that we want to hear about the other ladies and their lawsuits and their husbands’ infidelity and I get that—I have been unabashed that I want to see it too—I want to see it allll.  But where I differ from some other viewers is that I think this stuff has been discussed on camera and it just went nowhere.  

It’s hard to build a narrative around a civil lawsuit.  In season three, Taylor was shouting from the rooftops how she was being sued.  That’s all she would talk about.  Her adversary was taking the wedding ring off of her finger and the Birkins.  It doesn’t get much more dramatic than that when it comes to lawsuits, and Taylor still got the boot after that season.  

They talked about Kyle’s, Dorit’s and Erika’s lawsuits at the reunion last year.  There just wasn’t that much to say.  I think they definitely should have included the woman chasing Dorit around the pool in the Bahamas during the season and not just talked about it at the reunion, but other than that, how was the show supposed to portray lawsuits?  Showing Erika giving a deposition?  Dorit sitting down and answering interrogatories?  Kyle driving Mauricio down Mulholland to his lawyer?  They do this all on OC with divorces and family court, and it’s not that interesting to watch to me.  

As far as the infidelity, of course I want to hear about that, but the way all these franchises work is that someone else has to bring it up first.  Very few Housewives—with noted exceptions, like Gina and Shannon from OC—come out and yell to the world, “my husband cheated on me!”  So, I guess we can blame the cast mates for not calling each other out.  I am serious about that.  Someone should have said to Lisa, “Lisa, why is Harry always in Canada?”  Denise could have said this.  She had every opportunity.  Instead, for whatever reason, she decided to try to turn the tables and say Brandi said she had sex with women at the table.  And they handled that.  So it is being brought up, it’s just not going anywhere.  

These women protect each other way too much.  The RHNYC cast is so much better at calling out each other’s bullshit.  But that falls as much on the shoulders of Denise (and Aaron, since he inserted himself) as anyone else as I see it.  Where is Denise when it’s actually part of her job to ask about the tax returns?  Why do they need to bring Camille in to do the dirty work?  If Denise doesn’t want to play this way, a.) she has already, with the Brandi-sex-with-people-at-this-table rejoinder; and b.) this is Bravo reality TV and it ain’t for the feint of heart, sweetie, so I’m not sure where to go with Denise if she won’t get into the mud, or worse, she gets into the mud well after the fact in the wrongest ways humanly possible.  Can’t she go the way of Kim Biermann and get a shitty spin-off about her family that will be all sunshine and roses and recast RHBH with actual bitches who will go there and who can think on their feet?  Is that too much to ask? 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Yes, this franchise is so full of bullshit.  It started back in season one when the entire season revolved around a conversation that happened between Kyle and Camille off-camera and whether production would be interested in Camille without Kelsey.  Season two—more of the same bullshit.  Kim was completely fucked up the whole season and no one said anything other than maybe she was on the wrong medication.  A lot of the season centered around whether Taylor was experiencing domestic abuse, and Taylor wouldn’t comment on it either way—she wanted the sympathy, but she didn’t want to leave her husband and it was fucking idiotic.  

Season three got worse.  Adrienne and her cease and desists and Brandi insisting that Adrienne was suing her, which Adrienne got to deny all along, because Adrienne didn’t sue Brandi, she sent her a cease and desist, so Adrienne got off on a technicality, just the way Lisa got off on a technicality at the season two reunion, because Adrienne kept accusing Lisa of “selling” stories to RadarOnline, when Lisa wasn’t selling stories, she was giving them.  All of season three, we had to hear about an underground feud between Brandi and Lisa on one side and Adrienne on the other, ostensibly because Adrienne and Paul wanted Brandi to “have a go” at Lisa at the season two reunion and Brandi refused.  Anyone keeping track?  Me neither.  

Because this show is bullshit, has been since the beginning.  This isn’t even getting into tabloid-gate, and the ever-famous Munchausen's.  I think that’s why I’m not so bothered by this season.  Like I’ve posted earlier in the season—this franchise has always been the pits to me.  

The thing I want to say, in addition to how poorly conceived this show has always been, is that we all keep saying that we want to hear about the other ladies and their lawsuits and their husbands’ infidelity and I get that—I have been unabashed that I want to see it too—I want to see it allll.  But where I differ from some other viewers is that I think this stuff has been discussed on camera and it just went nowhere.  

It’s hard to build a narrative around a civil lawsuit.  In season three, Taylor was shouting from the rooftops how she was being sued.  That’s all she would talk about.  Her adversary was taking the wedding ring off of her finger and the Birkins.  It doesn’t get much more dramatic than that when it comes to lawsuits, and Taylor still got the boot after that season.  

They talked about Kyle’s, Dorit’s and Erika’s lawsuits at the reunion last year.  There just wasn’t that much to say.  I think they definitely should have included the woman chasing Dorit around the pool in the Bahamas during the season and not just talked about it at the reunion, but other than that, how was the show supposed to portray lawsuits?  Showing Erika giving a deposition?  Dorit sitting down and answering interrogatories?  Kyle driving Mauricio down Mulholland to his lawyer?  They do this all on OC with divorces and family court, and it’s not that interesting to watch to me.  

As far as the infidelity, of course I want to hear about that, but the way all these franchises work is that someone else has to bring it up first.  Very few Housewives—with noted exceptions, like Gina and Shannon from OC—come out and yell to the world, “my husband cheated on me!”  So, I guess we can blame the cast mates for not calling each other out.  I am serious about that.  Someone should have said to Lisa, “Lisa, why is Harry always in Canada?”  Denise could have said this.  She had every opportunity.  Instead, for whatever reason, she decided to try to turn the tables and say Brandi said she had sex with women at the table.  And they handled that.  So it is being brought up, it’s just not going anywhere.  

These women protect each other way too much.  The RHNYC cast is so much better at calling out each other’s bullshit.  But that falls as much on the shoulders of Denise (and Aaron, since he inserted himself) as anyone else as I see it.  Where is Denise when it’s actually part of her job to ask about the tax returns?  Why do they need to bring Camille in to do the dirty work?  If Denise doesn’t want to play this way, a.) she has already, with the Brandi-sex-with-people-at-this-table rejoinder; and b.) this is Bravo reality TV and it ain’t for the feint of heart, sweetie, so I’m not sure where to go with Denise if she won’t get into the mud, or worse, she gets into the mud well after the fact in the wrongest ways humanly possible.  Can’t she go the way of Kim Biermann and get a shitty spin-off about her family that will be all sunshine and roses and recast RHBH with actual bitches who will go there and who can think on their feet?  Is that too much to ask? 

I think and what these ladies bank on is Denise doesn’t fight dirty that’s not the kind of person she is .. if she did she would have done it against Charlie so many times but she lets it slide and the woman use that they know she won’t bring up their shit because she’s not a shit person like that ... edit and NY just sweeps everything under the rug then fights about the exact same thing the next time they are drunk it’s just as wash and repeat as any other franchise 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

She reminded me of when Bill Hader used to do the Keith Morrison impression on SNL -- all, "Ohhhhhh?" and gleeful about nasty stuff. 

😁 What an amazing reference.

tenor.gif?itemid=10506742

tenor.gif?itemid=10506765

tenor.gif?itemid=5623698

tenor.gif?itemid=5623743

tenor.gif?itemid=11377184

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Rahul said:

It's quite evident now with her tone-deaf and tasteless incessant dancing on Instagram that Lisa Rinna is an attention-seeking narcissist. She has been seething with jealousy that her friend of two decades sauntered onto her show and negotiated a four year, multimillion dollar contract. Any mention of the real issues in Lisa's life around her disordered eating, sham of a marriage and perpetual pot stirring get shutdown immediately with a violent and disproportionate response. Rinna is a master of deflection and gaslighting.  

👏👏👏👏

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mar said:

I read that Denise, Kim, and Brandi share the same agent, who worked out a deal for the three of them to appear and sign autographs and answer questions. I’m not sure if it was a one time thing or a sequence of events. Apparently Denise backed out, costing the others the potential income. Voila a motive.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, blixie said:

Denies NEVER said Sami said she was upset. Denise said Sami confirmed she overheard the conversation and Denise was unhappy that was the case, because it's not something she wants them to overhear. Which is her right and the rest of these hags can take a damn seat. This season was 16 episodes long and only 4 were about Brandi, the rest was about the threesome incident and Brandi was only inserted to punish Denise for making them feel like assholes about the threesome incident, when they feel like assholes because they ARE assholes.

This is not particularly the case.  I actually wrote down what Denise said during one of the many times she invoked Sami in the threesome convo at the time of airing and she said:  

“Of course it’s nothing they haven’t heard, I just didn’t want them to hear it from their mom and mom’s friends.  I will be mindful of having them in earshot with all of us, that’s all. Honestly it takes a lot to offend me.  I wasn’t going to say anything until Sami said something to me and I was like ‘oh shit.’  You know, it affected her.”  

She immediately went on to say  “I don’t want to get into this anymore.  It’s not that big of a deal.  We’re done.”

I’m not arguing the merits—whether what they said around Sami was ok.  What I’m conveying is the fact that Denise deliberately invoked Sami and weaponized her when there is no evidence to support Sami’s apparent distress.

On a separate note, if we question everything on the show and say there must be alternative footage somewhere, in the absence of evidence, I’m not sure how we can continue to have a conversation about the show.  How do we even know that was Sami and not an actress?  Did anyone compare them side by side?  Do we have her fingerprints, etc?  When it gets to a level of such abstraction and hypotheses and conspiracy theories, any conversation about the show becomes absurd (and the show is absurd, so perhaps this is fitting).  

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, nexxie said:

RE the video above: Rinna, npd with a sad tendency toward the pathetic.

Lord, that video is something else!  NO it didn't make Amelia anorexic, it made her ashamed that her mom does this trash.  Hmmm, I thought Harry liked a big bush.  Didn't see it.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

A thought. How about they all stop stirring the pot and give it all to Mauricio? His being stoned was one of the few genuine laughs I had this season. 

Him being stoned at the dinner party trying to follow Aaron’s talk of what he “does” was hysterical. It’s not often that I laugh so hard that it is silent (it’s usually too loud) and tears run out of my eyes.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mar said:

THIS is supposed to be a way of "staying in touch" with her mother?  A really, really, really bad version of an exotic dancer?  Rinna has some major issues.  

This is just weird and pathetic at this point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I certainly have, and not because I’m shady or flaky. Sometimes what I’m going through should be kept private. 

Exactly, and I don't mean with friends you love or family you love.  Denise's coworkers DO NOT fall into that category.  There are sometimes events that you're expected to go to with acquaintances present or "Work" "Fun" events with awful people that you really shouldn't be socializing with.  And this event was a perfect example.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Agree. I don’t know what’s going on with Kim but she doesn’t look good. My sister would’ve been furious if I encouraged my brother-in-law to feel my breasts, implants or no implants. That was weird! 

Ditto, and for all Kyle’s jealousy, she didn’t seem too shocked Kim repeatedly encouraged Mauricio to feel her breasts. Most women would be outraged, even if they’re not jealous. It is inappropriate and disrespectful. I wonder if that has to do with Kyle’s issues. Maybe she’s used to her own sister not having boundaries, so she’s more cautious befriending hotter women, who may flirt with her husband and who Mauricio might have a harder time resisting. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Chalby said:

Who knows, maybe  Brandi and Denise set this whole storyline in motion, knowing it would make for a popular storyline?

I have actually had that very thought myself, it could almost fit.  They were friends, good friends and one friend wants back on teevee cause she needs the money and famewhoredom.  The other friend has some pull and why not?  They are both well versed in how this fake reality shit works, so just make it happen.  Plausible?  But then there are those pesky cease and desist orders.  Would they go that far?  Did Aaron know and that's why they are still happy together?  And why would Brandi of all people text Denise to give her the heads up that she was at the event?  Really?  Come on. 

I'm sure there is a thousand holes in this theory, but I have had the thoughts.  Whatever.  This was a crazy ass season, is really all I know for sure 🙄

• Love 1

Some call it ‘whataboutism’, I call it hypocrisy. Crying that an argument is whataboutism is a deflection used by some, when someone else points out the unfairness of 2 sets of rules or standards for 2 different people. The people you like are excused, and the ones you don’t get drawn and quartered— for the same infraction. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Rahul said:

I can't believe I didn't see it before but Rinna's outbursts are classic examples of narcissistic rage. It's quite evident now with her tone-deaf and tasteless incessant dancing on Instagram that Lisa Rinna is an attention-seeking narcissist. She has been seething with jealousy that her friend of two decades sauntered onto her show and negotiated a four year, multimillion dollar contract. Any mention of the real issues in Lisa's life around her disordered eating, sham of a marriage and perpetual pot stirring get shutdown immediately with a violent and disproportionate response. Rinna is a master of deflection and gaslighting.  

If Dorinda can be fired for being a raging alcoholic who displays fits of narcissistic rage, Lisa Rinna should be held to the same standard and likewise fired. Rinna's behavior is just as despicable and some might argue even worse, as it isn't fueled by alcohol.

Production always tries to create drama behind the scenes. However, this is the first time viewers have seen the fourth wall broken. BH needs to not only retire the majority of its cast but clean house of toxic producers as well. They have made many missteps over the years and turned a once glamorous and almost aspirational 'reality' series into nothing more than the truculent trash MTV and VH1 have served up over the years.

The producers vitriol towards Denise is evident by her unflattering edit and the narrative turn this season has taken. Ostensibly, Denise's refusal to film and continue to engage in the unremitting attacks against her soured production's attitude towards her. Production already found Denise difficult to work with but once she got lawyers involved and filed a cease and desist, they decided to go all in and skewer her to the best of their ability. Producers have been whispering poison in the ears of the already jealous ladies all season, further feeding into their collective dislike of her.  The coven's extant resentment of Denise's salary and popularity seems to have likewise fed into producer's rancor as they had a common enemy, creating a vicious symbiotic synergy that created the shitshow that was this season. That's my take on it, anyway.

Rahul _ You nailed it!!!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Quiet1 said:

Completely disagree with you. I'm happy Denise didn't treat her daughter like that.

Me too. So great to see a parent putting her kid ahead of the parent’s need to be proven right. How refreshing a contrast she is to Rinna, who will happily exploit her child in service of her ego. One more thing to like about Denise.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

RE the video above: Rinna, npd with a sad tendency toward the pathetic.

I am not sure I can articulate how bothered I am by this video.  I consider it aberrant behavior.  I'm about Rinna's weight and physique (genetics and I like to work out) but I would never, ever, once consider her actions as okay or acceptable.  M family has mental health issues we deal with and I would put Rinna's issues right up there.  She should be emulating good behavior because she has been raised right, made a success of her life and probably has an extremely health bank account.   This is just disturbing.  

Grandma doing crotch-shots.  These people get what they deserve.

Edited by albarino
  • Love 15

Seeing production trying to stir shit up was gross.

Denise is being a bit sketchy but again I honestly don’t care. Why did this have to stretch out the entire season. She fucked her or not who cares. There has got to be more storylines they can air. I want to see fun drama and luxury! Not trash bag Brandi and 1 storyline stretched out way way too long. This is the 3rd season in a row I think it’s been like this.

I wish someone would expose Rinnas skeletons tho because there has to be a lot of those. Poor Harry can’t escape to Canada anymore due to quarantine lol.

I feel a lot of FF coming during the reunion lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, albarino said:

I am not sure I can articulate how bothered I am by this video.  I consider it aberrant behavior.  I'm about Rinna's weight and physique (genetics and I like to work out) but I would never, ever, once consider her actions as okay or acceptable.  M family has mental health issues we deal with and I would put Rinna's issues right up there.  She should be emulating good behavior because she has been raised right, made a success of her life and probably has an extremely health bank account.   This is just disturbing.  

Grandma doing crotch-shots.  These people get what they deserve.

I showed it to my husband to see if he thought it was as weird as I found it - and he did. Wonder what Harry Hamlin thinks of it - shouldn’t he get her some help?

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I showed it to my husband to see if he thought it was as weird as I found it - and he did. Wonder what Harry Hamlin thinks of it - shouldn’t he get her some help?

I wonder I Harry Hamlin long ago ga eup trying to get her help .

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ditto, and for all Kyle’s jealousy, she didn’t seem too shocked Kim repeatedly encouraged Mauricio to feel her breasts. Most women would be outraged, even if they’re not jealous. It is inappropriate and disrespectful. I wonder if that has to do with Kyle’s issues. Maybe she’s used to her own sister not having boundaries, so she’s more cautious befriending hotter women, who may flirt with her husband and who Mauricio might have a harder time resisting. 

Yeah I'm sure she knows Kim is no competition at all 😄 

Rinna dancing in that video:  now that she's been called out for it on the show she is just going to do it more often and more obnoxiously.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, princelina said:

b.  Was that supposed to be a sweetheart edit?  I thought it was designed to make the audience roar, in unison, "Because you're a fucking asshole!!!" 😄 

Eye of the beholder.

It was a sweetheart edit in the eyes of Vyle, Kim, Brandi, Rinna, Erika, Teddi and whoever approved the final cut in production. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I wonder I Harry Hamlin long ago ga eup trying to get her help .

Harry Hamlin’s probably scared of Rinna, the narcissistic glass thrower. I always suspected that Rinna got him to marry her after she ran off the ex he supposedly attacked. The deal: he got out of trouble and she got an A-list name to exploit. Just a theory of course - but something ain’t right there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Bravo producers: you just fired Dorinda from RHNY for her horrible behavior. Please, please do the same for Lisa Rinna. Make her accountable. She is vile and I won’t watch this show anymore if she comes back. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 18
11 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

I missed a few seasons, has Dorit worn Thierry Mugler or Herve Leger on this show yet?

Mauricio has looked Musty and unkempt all season.

Sutton dress had me confused, it looked like crochet at times.

I found it confusing too. It looked like a fabric representation of Granny's souvenir plate collection. 

• LOL 5
14 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Some call it ‘whataboutism’, I call it hypocrisy. Crying that an argument is whataboutism is a deflection used by some, when someone else points out the unfairness of 2 sets of rules or standards for 2 different people. The people you like are excused, and the ones you don’t get drawn and quartered— for the same infraction. 

Obviously, I disagree. Claiming that every time someone correctly identifies a case of "whataboutism" is a deflection is, in and of itself, an example of saying that some people should be allowed to get away with bad behavior while others shouldn't. Quite honestly, I am not even sure I really understand that argument.  It's really possible to be critical of all involved.

13 hours ago, Jel said:

Me too. So great to see a parent putting her kid ahead of the parent’s need to be proven right. How refreshing a contrast she is to Rinna, who will happily exploit her child in service of her ego. One more thing to like about Denise.

Again, it's worth reminding ourselves that we are talking about a hypothetical conversation, of which there is no proof that it actually happened. As far as we know and as far as we've seen, Sami did not privately tell Denise she was "affected" by the threesome talk. So people are giving props to Denise's mothering from "not treating her kid like that" or "putting her kid ahead of a parent's need to be proven right" based on no evidence whatsoever.  I confess I find it confusing. 

If I had to guess re Rinna's dancing - I suspect that she and Harry Hamlin have settled more into friendship than lovers, and she recognizes she's aging, and she's having a hard time dealing with that. I wouldn't be surprised if she feels competition with her own daughters. I do think she feels some level of competition with Denise and that is driving some of her anger and bitterness at Denise.  The dancing is another way for her to assert that she's desirable or what have you. It's rather sad. 

• Love 2
On 8/27/2020 at 4:37 AM, psychoticstate said:

Has production ever gotten this involved before?  Twice now in the last 2 or 3 episodes we've seen production interfere.  First, by telling Denise that she needed to return to the Rome pizza dinner.  Denise isn't a child, I think she can decide for herself.  Have they ever told anyone else that you have to return to anything because you've said something and it's not fair to leave before other people respond?  (Frankly, in the real world does anyone operate like that?)  And second by telling Garcelle that Denise being a no-show for Dorit's party is not cool because Garcelle stood up for Denise.  Talk about stoking the fire and shit stirring.  

I remember a few seasons back on RHOC, during the 80's bunco party of whatever 80s-themes party it was, Vicki and Gretchen really got into it.  

Vicki (looking as ridiculous as Vicki can possibly look in her total miss of an 80's costume) stormed out of the party and the cameras followed her.  She went out the front doors of the venue and down the sidewalk.

Her limo was nowhere to be seen.  

She had to put her tail between her legs and go back into the party for round 2.  

I've never had any doubt production knew how Vicki would react and had that limo leave the area so she had no choice but to go back in, especially when the cameras followed her exit.  

I also recall someone (maybe Vicki or Tamara) saying that when the women gather together for a meal and a "topic" (i.e., drama) needs to be addressed, the designated hitter (i.e., shit stirrer) was told they would all be staying at the table even if it took all night to get the ball rolling.  

Neither of these production-involved events was filmed like this with Denise, though.  I think Denise outsmarted Bravo at their own dirty game and they're "soooo angry" about it that they want to put her in as poor a light as possible for viewers.  

I also recall on RHOC during Shannon Beador's first season, she broke the 4th wall regarding Tamara gaslighting her.  She went on a tirade about said "IT'S ALL RIGHT THERE ON CAMERA, TAMARA!!!!"   It was glorious.  Bravo left that scene in, too, despite the 4th wall rule.  

Okay, time for another cup of coffee and get my ass moving today.  Have a wonderful weekend, my fellow posters! ❤️  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

From Garcelle’s Instagram😂 I had seen the original photo of this and it included BrandI. Notice her comment at the end

739D7C6E-2E0B-445B-96FC-28186610B64D.thumb.jpeg.d28bd05700cf5fa63fea554afda73915.jpeg

This is a bit difficult to see clearly, but it is interesting

A81792A3-B1AF-4F27-B6AE-B1BE2018B50B.thumb.jpeg.2fa8986f12ba835d2622fac08c39b7fd.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Quite honestly, I doubt there is anything that interesting in Rinna's text. Now, I don't doubt that Rinna also stirs the pot in those texts and maybe says mean things about the other ladies, but I doubt there is anything beyond that. 

I still basically can't get over the fact that Denise said that the texts that Brandi showed the group must be fake and then in the confessional said she has texts from Brandi. I will give Denise this - she is such a tremendously bad liar that I believe that she probably doesn't lie all that much in her non-RH life.

I seem to remember Rinna being busted her first season on the show for sending Kim several threatening texts.  I think Kim busted them out at the reunion and Rinna looked mortified.

Rinna obviously isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, or she never would have put anything in writing, even to a drug-addled Kim who was still coherent enough to hang onto the evidence.  

Rinna should have learned her lesson with that fucktastrophy, but maybe Rinna's been stirring the pot o'shit with Denise via text messages because Denise was her "friend."  

If the texts exist, I'm going to grab some popcorn and read every single one of them, hoping that Rinna was given enough rope to hang herself once and for all.  😄  

• Love 11