Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Denise and Desist

• Start Topic

Rinna reminds me of the human gargoyles in the Devil’s Advocate movie. Young and attractive looking on the outside, but demon on the inside.... 

Kyle had to know that Kim was bringing Brandi. Lying, conniving bitch. 

Dorit’s kid is a brat. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This is not particularly the case.  I actually wrote down what Denise said during one of the many times she invoked Sami in the threesome convo at the time of airing and she said:  

“Of course it’s nothing they haven’t heard, I just didn’t want them to hear it from their mom and mom’s friends.  I will be mindful of having them in earshot with all of us, that’s all. Honestly it takes a lot to offend me.  I wasn’t going to say anything until Sami said something to me and I was like ‘oh shit.’  You know, it affected her.”  

She immediately went on to say  “I don’t want to get into this anymore.  It’s not that big of a deal.  We’re done.”

I’m not arguing the merits—whether what they said around Sami was ok.  What I’m conveying is the fact that Denise deliberately invoked Sami and weaponized her when there is no evidence to support Sami’s apparent distress.

On a separate note, if we question everything on the show and say there must be alternative footage somewhere, in the absence of evidence, I’m not sure how we can continue to have a conversation about the show.  How do we even know that was Sami and not an actress?  Did anyone compare them side by side?  Do we have her fingerprints, etc?  When it gets to a level of such abstraction and hypotheses and conspiracy theories, any conversation about the show becomes absurd (and the show is absurd, so perhaps this is fitting).  

Thank you for posting what Denise actually claimed was the conversation with Sami. I remembered that she definitely implied that Sami was upset by the threesome comment, contrary to the actual footage we saw. Ironic (as is the case with much that Denise claims) that Denise said "I just didn't want them to hear it from their mom and mom's friends".Then in this episode in a TH for however many millions who watch the show to hear, she says that Aaron would be upset not to be invited to participate in the threesome with Brandi. Because you know, that would affect her daughters much less to hear their mother talk about a threesome involving their mother and step father, than a random comment made by a random howife about no one in particular. 

I don't know how Denise can be held up as some paragon of virtue where her mothering is concerned, either last year or this. Last year was the "happy ending" conversation, numerous references to Aaron's huge dick, and her daughters complaining and the picture she posted on Instagram of their step father in bed sporting a huge erection. All of this proudly relayed on camera by Denise. I would think her daughters would be mortified by any or all of those situations being broadcast for millions to see. This year we have Denise lying numerous times. Denise often drunk, stoned or both in both scenes with the other women or in her THs. Denise dropping f bombs like most of us use the word "the".  Denise proudly telling all that her daughters' step father would be upset if he was not invited to participate in a threesome with their mother and her girlfriend. 

I guess Denise figures that with Charlie Sheen as their father, she can act however she wants and she will come out looking like the better parent. But unfortunately it is a low bar, and at least on camera she is barely clearing it. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Jel said:

We do know though that Denise didn't push her kid at all. Sami said, "We were laughing." and Denise dropped it. That small act says a lot.  We don't need any hypotheticals to see that Denise is putting her kid first because we saw her do that when she chose to not press the point. It was a small moment which was, imo, typical of the everyday small things that good parents do. Rinna had her daughter play the role of Mom defender on tv. Denise didn't.  That's props worthy.

We cannot lose Garcelle! She's the breakout star and social media star of the whole thing!

On this, we agree. And I do think she is, for the most part, a very good mother. It's unfortunate that she mischaracterized Sami's comments to the other women but that makes her a bad friend, not a bad mother.  That was a lapse in judgment on her part, IMO, and I wish she hadn't used Sami's comments in that way. But every parent has a lapse in judgment from time to time.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I seem to remember Rinna being busted her first season on the show for sending Kim several threatening texts.  I think Kim busted them out at the reunion and Rinna looked mortified.

Rinna obviously isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, or she never would have put anything in writing, even to a drug-addled Kim who was still coherent enough to hang onto the evidence.  

Rinna should have learned her lesson with that fucktastrophy, but maybe Rinna's been stirring the pot o'shit with Denise via text messages because Denise was her "friend."  

If the texts exist, I'm going to grab some popcorn and read every single one of them, hoping that Rinna was given enough rope to hang herself once and for all.  😄  

Oh, I 100 percent believe that Rinna can and does get salty on text - and I believe that she did threaten Kim or at least said things to Kim that Kim perceived as threatening. So I am sure that whatever texts Rinna sent to Denise weren't all sweetness and light. I just don't think that they are that exciting or damaging to Rinna - Rinna is already known to be someone who stirs the pot, and I think that those texts wouldn't reveal anything particularly new about her. 

I wasn’t going to say anything until Sami said something to me and I was like ‘oh shit.’  You know, it affected her.”

I categorically disagree that the above is implying SAMI is upset. It directly speaks to Denise being upset, but not Sami. 
Implication is not statement. If someone said, Denise IMPLIED Sami was upset that would be at least debatable, but there is no fact in evidence that she stated Sami was upset, and that is what was said upthread. Changing the goal post from stated to implied is big difference. And it STILL DOESN'T matter if she did imply it because the women were outraged at Denise chastising them for any reason at all, given her lack of standing in the moral image department. They were mad she had a fucking diamond ice sculpture because she's a lazy, as well as a slutty bitch. What's with Denise having values for her kids? WEIRD get out of here hypocrite. As Garcelle said IT IS  HER RIGHT to be upset and to not want threesome discussed at her party where there are children, regardless of how Sami was or was not affected or if she was or was not upset. She doesn't not need to provide a single fucking receipt to these women. 

I also don't get this whole line by production and even people in this thread that Denise had to "rehab" her image last season. She was and still is hugely popular because of the image she put out and the contrast with the other women. Her being more casual and laid back but also throwing down for her friends when she felt they were being attacked. I do think she was regretting some of what she put out there about her and Aaron, but again it's because she's really dedicated to not giving her children more to be embarrassed about. When they were little it was probably much easier to control what they did and didn't hear or to spin what they did hear.

The only part of the Denise storyline that worked for me this year was fucking Aaron and his ridiculous bullshit faith healer shit. The women endlessly making fun of him and calling him out for soft brained understanding of science and then trying to talk down to them was gold. The EMF eraser. LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

On this, we agree. And I do think she is, for the most part, a very good mother. It's unfortunate that she mischaracterized Sami's comments to the other women but that makes her a bad friend, not a bad mother.  That was a lapse in judgment on her part, IMO, and I wish she hadn't used Sami's comments in that way. But every parent has a lapse in judgment from time to time.

Do we know that though? We know Sami said those words, with a camera rolling, yes. But, I think what's not been said here is that some of us are moms who have raised kids. And we know that, especially for teens, there is a an almost allergy to embarrassment and appearing "uncool", and so they fib about their real feelings sometimes. So while it's possible they were laughing, it's also possible that Sami was laughing and felt embarrassed (or something else), at the same time. And that as her mom, Denise knows her kid and knows she was upset.

I would even guess that many mom viewers would say that not only is it possible that Sami did say something to Denise, but that it's even likely that she did.  Momtuition! 

Two possibilities: 

Denise lied about Sami and the others being upset, and knowing it was a lie, and with cameras rolling, said to Sami, "I know you guys were upset"  Seems unlikely.

Or, that one or more of those kids, was indeed uncomfortable but Sami didn't want to discuss that fact on camera. 

For a few reasons, the second possibility seems more likely to me.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Do we know that though? We know Sami said those words, with a camera rolling, yes. But, I think what's not been said here is that some of us are moms who have raised kids. And we know that, especially for teens, there is a an almost allergy to embarrassment and appearing "uncool", and so they fib about their real feelings sometimes. So while it's possible they were laughing, it's also possible that Sami was laughing and felt embarrassed (or something else), at the same time. And that as her mom, Denise knows her kid and knows she was upset.

I would even guess that many mom viewers would say that not only is it possible that Sami did say something to Denise, but that it's even likely that she did.  Momtuition! 

Two possibilities: 

Denise lied about Sami and the others being upset, and knowing it was a lie, and with cameras rolling, said to Sami, "I know you guys were upset"  Seems unlikely.

Or, that one or more of those kids, was indeed uncomfortable but Sami didn't want to discuss that fact on camera. 

For a few reasons, the second possibility seems more likely to me.

And we go back to what I was saying before. IF Sami said something privately than is different than what she said on camera, why didn't Denise say that?  Because if she did and Denise knew that, again, it looks pretty gross that Denise would let it appear that Sami was being inconsistent.

But to be fair to Denise, she isn't actually saying that. I would imagine that if Sami did, at some point, Denise would have said something to that fact.  

It feels to me like a lot of people are twisting themselves into knots and creating a hypothetical conversation - one that no one, including Denise says took place - to absolve her of stretching the truth on this issue. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

And we go back to what I was saying before. IF Sami said something privately than is different than what she said on camera, why didn't Denise say that?  Because if she did and Denise knew that, again, it looks pretty gross that Denise would let it appear that Sami was being inconsistent.

But to be fair to Denise, she isn't actually saying that. I would imagine that if Sami did, at some point, Denise would have said something to that fact.  

It feels to me like a lot of people are twisting themselves into knots and creating a hypothetical conversation - one that no one, including Denise says took place - to absolve her of stretching the truth on this issue. 

Because she's not willing to use her kid, in that moment, to be proven right. So she doesn't say, on camera, "Hey waitasec, you said..." because she chose her daughter over helping her case with the other HWs.

I don't see how that could be any more plain.

• Love 18

Since we have no ability to read Sami's internal truth behind her response, not sure why that scene is being treated as testimony given in a court of law - that was one tightly edited clip, not a fifteen minute, free-flowing discussion between mother and daughter!  - but even if I do take Sami's response as shown on camera and balance it against the argument that Denise must have been lying, other options arise, imo.

It's just as likely Sami was doing what almost every teenage girl has done since the dawn of time, and Denise recognized it; pretend it's all good, when in reality, the thing being discussed was weird and sticky but you don't want A Big Freakin' Talk with your mother about the sticky thing, because that will be even ickier.  It's also equally likely that Denise was genuinely mistaken, not outright lying. Given how protective and strict Denise is with Sami (not wanting her to date until she was sixteen, putting security cameras outside the house so Sami can't sneak out at night to meet boys) it's also possible Denise's protective instincts went into over-protective mode, and she truly believed Sami was affected by the discussion, even though Sami was not. And it's also possible Denise was lying about her daughter, completely uncaring about how Sami would feel when her mother's cheap and manipulative use of her oldest girl was revealed on camera.

Given the options  (two that are not duplicitous, one that is - and more options I haven't thought of! ) it's puzzling to me that Denise-as-proven-liar is being presented as the one likely truth (especially so in the wake of proven producer bias, anti-Denise pot-stirring, and the complete untrustworthiness on the part of the people who produce and edit this show).  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15

a lot of people are twisting themselves into knots

Likewise with people trying to twist themselves in knots to make the threesome issue/conflict about whether Sami was upset instead of Denise being upset and rightfully so.  The woman firmly believe she has NO RIGHT to care or complain about them given her history and personal behavior with adults, they said it over and over and over for like 8 episodes. 

It's also equally likely that Denise was genuinely mistaken, not outright lying. Given how protective and strict Denise is with Sami (not wanting her to date until she was sixteen, putting security cameras outside the house so Sami can't sneak out at night to meet boys) it's also possible Denise's protective instincts went into over-protective mode, and she truly believed Sami was affected by the discussion, even though Sami was not.

This, this is it EXACTLY it. Denise has been trying to protect them their whole life and definitely projects her own feelings onto them, and she's clearly adjusting to them being teenagers and her being not as able in her own mind to control what they hear and what they think on their own. She wants to believe she's been successful in sheltering them re: on if they actually are that sheltered. She is certainly not the only parent to be guilty of that.

But again as far as her issue with her guests go, doesn't matter what Sami felt or didn't feel, or even what she told them what Sami did or didn't feel. They should care and respect how DENISE feels. They don't, they are jealous thirsty resentful heauxes.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Why? I have no kids--are they not supposed to talk at parties, haha!

I don’t like to see overly precocious kids on tv. I just don’t. Maybe because I’ve had my fill of them all over tv in the 70s and 80s, but smart ass kids talking to adults like they’re smarter than they are always irritate the hell out of me. 
The only one that can get away with that act with me is Melania Guidicce. THAT kid is GOLD. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Haha, Milania is probably running that house at this point.

I think Phoenix is cute. But judging by how protective I am with cats, I think I'd feel like I'd lose my tiny child in a big sparkly party like that!

I agree, Phoenix IS cute, but that moment made me roll my eyes...go to bed kid, you’re not in the act.

• Love 6
On 8/27/2020 at 6:21 AM, Legalbeagle421 said:

Now all of the sudden Camille is fine because Denise needs someone to complain to?

If Camille can be on camera, she will complain with anyone.  She really wants back on, but she has slim pickens to film with her.  I wouldn't mind seeing more of Camille, I always liked her clothes, and it seems as viewers, we have slim pickens too 🙂

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I seem to remember Rinna being busted her first season on the show for sending Kim several threatening texts.  I think Kim busted them out at the reunion and Rinna looked mortified.

4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Oh, I 100 percent believe that Rinna can and does get salty on text - and I believe that she did threaten Kim or at least said things to Kim that Kim perceived as threatening. 

She sent texts after the season/before the reunion threatening to "fuck her up" - even Kim's drunk ass would have a hard time misinterpreting that 😄 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, blixie said:

Likewise with people trying to twist themselves in knots to make the threesome issue/conflict about whether Sami was upset instead of Denise being upset and rightfully so.  The woman firmly believe she has NO RIGHT to care or complain about them given her history and personal behavior with adults, they said it over and over and over for like 8 episodes. 

If you are referring to me, I am not one of those people. I think Denise was well within her rights to a). ask the women to stop talking and b). complain that they wouldn't stop and c). criticize them for not stopping. 

And yet, I can STILL be critical of Denise for shading the truth about Sami's words. Especially because it fits a pattern of Denise shading the truth. It's very possible to recognize that the other women behaved badly at first and Denise behaved badly at last.

55 minutes ago, princelina said:

She sent texts after the season/before the reunion threatening to "fuck her up" - even Kim's drunk ass would have a hard time misinterpreting that 😄 

In this case, I wasn't questioning Kim's perception, I just couldn't remember what the texts said. 😃 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mar said:

Thank you for this link. This was a sad but amazing, powerful and REAL moment. It is awful that it was deleted. Watching the different women’s emotions was interesting - some were real and one or two I’m not sure about.

• Love 16

Don't know how to retrieve the link but in another article at Reality Blurb:

Once I told one of the girls, I knew I had to say it on the camera because otherwise, somebody else is going to say it for you and then it’s like, ‘Why didn’t you just say it?'” Brandi explained while chatting with Domonique Racquel for Celeb Chat. “I was like, ‘F*ck my life.’ Because I really… I wasn’t going to say it.”

Edited by suomi
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Oh, I 100 percent believe that Rinna can and does get salty on text - and I believe that she did threaten Kim or at least said things to Kim that Kim perceived as threatening. So I am sure that whatever texts Rinna sent to Denise weren't all sweetness and light. I just don't think that they are that exciting or damaging to Rinna - Rinna is already known to be someone who stirs the pot, and I think that those texts wouldn't reveal anything particularly new about her. 

I used to give Rinna benefit of the doubt, and I’m sure many reality stars turn up their inner crazy to create drama. When Kim revealed that Rinna threatened to f—k her up via text, it showed Rinna is the same person off camera as she was during the infamous, glass throwing response to “let’s talk about the husband.” I wasn’t even someone team Kim because she was very nasty that season, but those texts were not cool. You shouldn’t threaten someone like that. 

• Love 19

I'm late to the party and haven't finished reading the posts, does anyone know if Denise is coming back if/when there's another season?

Even Teddi's little girl thinks she's frumpy 🤣

Hilarious that Harry Hamlin (that's Rinna's hubby btw) can't come up to Canada with Covid 19 going on, it must be torture for him!

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, blixie said:

This, this is it EXACTLY it. Denise has been trying to protect them their whole life and definitely projects her own feelings onto them, and she's clearly adjusting to them being teenagers and her being not as able in her own mind to control what they hear and what they think on their own. She wants to believe she's been successful in sheltering them re: on if they actually are that sheltered. She is certainly not the only parent to be guilty of that.

But again as far as her issue with her guests go, doesn't matter what Sami felt or didn't feel, or even what she told them what Sami did or didn't feel. They should care and respect how DENISE feels. They don't, they are jealous thirsty resentful heauxes.

Then why didn’t Denise say, “Sami thought it was funny, but that’s not the point. She’s a teenager. I’m the parent, and I had a problem with it”? Instead, it looks like she shut down the conversation because she thought it would look contradictory to report what Sami said. It seemed pretty obvious to me she didn’t want to admit that Sami, at some point at least, said she was unbothered. Denise could stand her ground, as a mother, even if Sami wasn’t upset. She didn’t need to imply Sami had a problem with it.

Maybe she was afraid the other women wouldn’t buy her concern if she didn’t also say it bothered the kids. That’s a legitimate concern and I could easily see someone letting her off the hook for it. 

Edited by MinorL
  • Love 1

I'm neither a lawyer nor jurist;, I don't have to justify my thoughts because nobody cares about them.  They have no impact on the real world.  I'm team Denise.  I don't care if she lied, slept with Brandi or didn't, talked trash or didn't.  I'm team Denise. I'm also team Garcelle. Perhaps team Dorit.  Well, I said it.  Who is coming back?  That is my question. 

• Love 21

Bottom line:

We love/hate the characters/entertainers and "stories" on these programs.

Bravo gives reality  "performers" peanuts ( still a lot for us "common folk") compared to full production sindcated shows and true actor contracts.

Bravo goes cheap as can be to line their coffiers.

Bravo shows across the board on all of their shows have now shown their production and editing bullshit. The jig is up! Please pay us as viewers to watch your shows!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Mar said:

Wow. First, Why did Bravo delete that scene? Second, why is it out and about now? Has this kind of thing happened before? That some damaging scene was unearthed by a feuding cast member? How did Garcelle get it? Was she allowed by Bravo to show it? I’m going to say it, Lisa Rinna is going to be fired. 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, suomi said:

Once I told one of the girls, I knew I had to say it on the camera because otherwise, somebody else is going to say it for you and then it’s like, ‘Why didn’t you just say it?'” Brandi explained while chatting with Domonique Racquel for Celeb Chat. “I was like, ‘F*ck my life.’ Because I really… I wasn’t going to say it.”

Oh give me a break. Just shut up already, you stupid bitch. No one cares and no one likes you. If she thinks this is going to ingratiate herself into Kyle’s heart and back onto the show, she’s in for the slap of reality. Next she’ll come out with “Kyle and the producer made me do it! I didn’t want toooooo!” In her whiney, ugly voice. Predictable. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
On 8/27/2020 at 1:47 PM, Mar said:

This made me feel really bad for her. She got tears in her eyes when she said it, and it reminded me that she cried in the dressing room of that designer boutique in Rome, and didn’t want anyone to see her in the clothing. Apparently she suffers from extremely low self-esteem, which is really sad.

Same. I felt bad for Sutton. She’s an attractive woman but hasn’t gone full duck lips and fillers like some of them, and I suppose that’s abnormal in that specific part of BH culture. 

I hope Sutton doesn’t do any of that. I have a soft spot for her, maybe because she seems a little vulnerable amongst this pack of wolves. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, suomi said:

But YOU didn't have to say it on camera because YOU'RE NOT ON THE SHOW!  No one cares about your skank ass!

• Love 16
9 hours ago, albarino said:

I'm neither a lawyer nor jurist;, I don't have to justify my thoughts because nobody cares about them.  They have no impact on the real world.  I'm team Denise.  I don't care if she lied, slept with Brandi or didn't, talked trash or didn't.  I'm team Denise. I'm also team Garcelle. Perhaps team Dorit.  Well, I said it.  Who is coming back?  That is my question. 

I think that's honest. I am not team anyone, though, which is probably why I can be critical of Kyle/Rinna and Denise at the same time. (And the other women, too, though in this case, I think it was more Kyle and Rinna who turned this into a whole plot point. I still don't think Teddi and Erika were off base in wanting to confirm that Denise was trash-talking them). 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I used to give Rinna benefit of the doubt, and I’m sure many reality stars turn up their inner crazy to create drama. When Kim revealed that Rinna threatened to f—k her up via text, it showed Rinna is the same person off camera as she was during the infamous, glass throwing response to “let’s talk about the husband.” I wasn’t even someone team Kim because she was very nasty that season, but those texts were not cool. You shouldn’t threaten someone like that. 

At least not in writing 😉 

3 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Wow. First, Why did Bravo delete that scene? Second, why is it out and about now? Has this kind of thing happened before? That some damaging scene was unearthed by a feuding cast member? How did Garcelle get it? Was she allowed by Bravo to show it? I’m going to say it, Lisa Rinna is going to be fired. 

I could swear I saw this scene on the actual show when I watched it courtesy of the DVR.  

Now I'm going to have to rewatch the episode just to prove to myself I'm not hallucinating or somehow magically channeling this shit.  Maybe the entire scene wasn't cut, just Rinna's response.  

So it was okay for Rinna to invoke her dead sister when explaining her concern about Kim (sure, Rinna), but it was somehow unacceptable for Garcelle to invoke her struggling son when she was clearly concerned about Rinna's asshole kid?  

Again, the hypocrisy is mind boggling.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

I am fully team Denise but the idea that she needs to worry about custody issues is just not true. There is no custody battle. The only litigation between her and Charlie is over child support. And the behavior of the parties is totally irrelevant to the issue of support. That said, I still think it was gross of Kyle & Co to try so hard to take Denise down with their logic-free crusade this season. 

• Love 6
On 8/28/2020 at 11:36 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Rinna obviously isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, or she never would have put anything in writing, even to a drug-addled Kim who was still coherent enough to hang onto the evidence.  

Rinna should have learned her lesson with that fucktastrophy, but maybe Rinna's been stirring the pot o'shit with Denise via text messages because Denise was her "friend."  

If the texts exist, I'm going to grab some popcorn and read every single one of them, hoping that Rinna was given enough rope to hang herself once and for all.  😄  

"Say it forget it, write it regret it"  (TM Dorinda)

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, film noire said:

Since we have no ability to read Sami's internal truth behind her response, not sure why that scene is being treated as testimony given in a court of law - that was one tightly edited clip, not a fifteen minute, free-flowing discussion between mother and daughter! 

Absolutely. We all saw how the mother/daughter scene between Rinna and Amelia was edited. Shot with Amelia wearing two different hats. It's all slapped together piecemeal and edited by production to create what they want to create. It's art, doncha know.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

The only litigation between her and Charlie is over child support. And the behavior of the parties is totally irrelevant to the issue of support.

Legally it is irrelevant. But that's not to say that Charlie doesn't use personal issues as emotional leverage during any legal process. 

He has a history of taking great pleasure in delivering vile and abusive commentary (and threats) when he is crossed. Reporting duress lengthens and complicates the issue and generates more legal fees. During the 2016 support negotiations he told Denise that he would gladly bankrupt her by outspending her in court.

With him as a constant presence in the background, the Denise/Brandy saga is the equivalent of handing gasoline to an arsonist and hoping they won't use it. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/27/2020 at 4:09 PM, MinorL said:

I totally agree with you. When someone (Rinna?) asked Denise what Sami’s reaction was, Denise immediately clammed up and said, “I don’t want to talk about this anymore.” To me, that read as she didn’t want to admit Sami wasn’t bothered so she shut down the whole conversation. 

People can imagine all sorts of possibilities that would paint Denise in the best light, but that’s just speculation to reach a particular conclusion. 

The bottom line is...It’s irrelevant.  
As a parent, she asked the women to keep it down with that kind of talk. It’s no business of anyone else.  They didn’t like it that Denise wasn’t having it.  She may have even said Sami was bothered by it, to shut them down, it doesn’t even matter if she was or not bothered by it.  Denise, is the only parents opinion that mattered that instance because she was the host/responsible party of the event, was bothered by it.  I think she was more concerned about the other kids overhearing the conversation.  Instead of the moms just shutting up about it, they seemed pretty put off.  They wouldn’t drop the subject because they felt mommy shamed, IMO.  They kept bringing it up.  
As a parent, I never allowed other parents, to undermine my parenting.  Then again, most of my friends were on the same page with parenting styles. 

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 10

Two things - first, I think that Denise could have used a reality TV lesson from Ramona Singer of RHNY.  Ramona shows up for a party, which she is probably contracted to do, says "Hello" to the hostess and a few of her friends, then, avoids the set up of a confrontation by leaving.  She completed her contractual obligation, got her few minutes on camera and left with her head held high - even after being mildly accosted by Elyse (Elyse grabbed Ramona's coat and/or arm).

Denise could have gone to Dorit's party - said "Hello" to the ladies, kissed Dorit and PK on the cheek, handed over a housewarming gift (probably from a gift registry that Dorit set up at Dolce and Gabbana or some other designer boutique).  She could have waited until Brandi walked in and attempted a confrontation and then, just walked out, refusing to return - just as Ramona did.  Leaving Brandi behind, speechless or chasing after Denise while sputtering would have been a nice way to end the season.

Second - I feel that either the producers and/or editors are entirely purposefully trying to ruin this show, or they have a bunch of unpaid production assistant/editing interns running things.  Everything this season seemed so choppy and mismanaged, and there wasn't even any attempt in making sure that the editing flowed somewhat together.  

Maybe these producers are tired of being housewife wranglers and want to intentionally screw up the show so they can move on to a more lofty position in the producer world.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

We all saw how the mother/daughter scene between Rinna and Amelia was edited. Shot with Amelia wearing two different hats. It's all slapped together piecemeal and edited by production to create what they want to create. 

Amen. 

It's a weird time for the genre.  Viewers have always called foul on producers tampering with reality, but jesus, they're not even trying to hide it anymore; they're turning producers into part of the show.  And now we're getting leaked clips that make a lie of what the show aired; Garcelle is revealed as being unambiguously decent in that moment, whereas Rinna is  (once again) revealed to be a toxic pig, playing out a lie created only to trash Garcelle.  Fake on fake on fake.  And so fucking boring.  At this point, I think the audience is now (largely) forming opinions based on gut checks,  and an awareness that there are no genuine housewife interactions or "candid reality" scenes to criticize, anymore.  It's all scripted and edited beyond recognition, including the opposite of what actually happened (as with Garcelle).  When the real story is on social media, not your show, you've got a problem. They need to catch up to where the audience has already gone, imo, or the whole franchise will die off. 

@angelamh66

I am fully team Denise

I'm Team Forum -  only watching the show because the posters here make me laugh ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12

Pardon me if this has been mentioned  - I only just finished watching and I have to say I laughed!! At Kim and Kyle discussing that Kim had her implants removed.  

Mauricio:  Why are you feeling her boobs?

Kyle:  Because she took out the implants and fixed her ... 

Kim:  You can touch them too.

Mauricio:  (shakes head)

Kim:  Just touch them here.  Just touch the side.

Mauricio:  (horrified)  No!

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 10
3 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Pardon me if this has been mentioned  - I only just finished watching and I have to say I laughed!! At Kim and Kyle discussing Kim having removed her implants.  

Mauricio:  Why are you feeling her boobs?

Kyle:  Because she took out her implants and fixed her ... 

Kim:  You can touch them too.  Just touch them.

Mauricio:  (horrified)  No!

I wouldn't want to touch them, either!  They looked like partially filled water balloons.  I don't usually comment on things like this, but Kim's breasts really did not look good at all.  She needed to not only remove the implants, but a tightening of the muscles and some reconstruction of the skin.  They looked terrible, and that dress she was wearing did nothing but show how bad they looked.

• Love 9
On 8/26/2020 at 6:57 PM, Emmeline said:

I just wish Denise would have been honest and wrote to the women, the evening of the party.  She just had to say that Brandi texted her stating she would be at the party that evening and Denise wasn’t comfortable with that.

This is exactly the kind of thing I meant last episode that Denise, for all her experience in Hollywood business, should be more people savvy than she is.  I don't think Rinna would do anything for a buck, but I believe she does lots for the lots of money they pay her.  I'll bet after LVP left the show Rinna became the highest paid on that franchise because of all the content she's delivered to the producers  --  that is, highest paid until Denise came along.  

Frankly, I think both the producers and Denise are disappointed with how things have gone for the big money they were throwing at her.  I don't see how they could be happy with Denise's lackluster brief appearances and downright refusal at times to show up for the job.  And Denise is probably day drinking over how badly the show blew up in her face even though she had such popularity with the fans.

Edited by Anne Thrax

Dorit looked genuinely shocked when Brandi admitted she had sent Denise a text giving her a heads-up that she would be at Dorit's party that night.  I don't think Brandi was supposed to do that.  I think that's why the party was at Dorit's -- so then Denise wouldn't be suspicious that Brandi would be on the guest list.  Garcelle was tasked with picking her up and getting her there.  But what nobody knew until Brandi showed up was that she let the cat out of the bag, so production got pretty much nothing from the big shindig for Dorit and PK that they paid for.  (No diamond for Brandi now.)

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6

I could tell by that awkward exchange in the limo between Garcelle and Chocolate Michael that they weren't a match.  Twice his response was non-committal when she wanted to "discuss diamonds" (perhaps an engagement?  it was never said).   At that moment, seeing the two of them sitting in the limo, I got the strong impression that he really was not that into her. 

We don't see anything more specific about it, and it surprised me to see when he sort of indicated to Sutton's boyfriend later at the party that things were going to the next level in their relationship.  It was smart of Garcelle to get to the point and not waste time on a man who wasn't as interested in taking the next step as she was.  I wasn't surprised to see in the epilogues that they broke up.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2020 at 7:13 PM, Straycat80 said:

I’m assuming Garcelle will not be back since she’ll be on The Real. I’m happy for her, she was too good for this show. I hope Sutton doesn’t come back, she brought nothing to the show except hideous clothing choices.  I hope Denise doesn’t come back, she doesn’t need this show anyway, she has an acting career. If Kim and Brandi come back I’m done. Done! 
well, on to the shitshow of the reunion which will be virtual, they can flounce off to their own bathrooms if they get mad.

I read somewhere that shows like The Real aren't that much of a time commitment, and it's possible Garcelle could do both.  In one of the last episodes, Garcelle tells Denise if Denise doesn't come back, Garcelle wouldn't be back either.

But now that we've seen how Denise twice (that we know of) rudely blew off a get-together with Garcelle and Garcelle feels like Denise has kicked her in the teeth, I won't be counting Garcelle out yet.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4