Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

We talk frequently about why do these women need to know certain things during panel interviews and why do they ask certain questions. And it is so these women know better than to post insensitive things like this. But we all know Rachel will get a pass. Not sure why they haven’t flagged her as an ambassador risk yet.

A795E793-9C16-4E00-91BC-84EA672A6A00.jpeg

Idk I didn't find too much offense in this. I think she's trying to promote her business while acknowledging it's a weird time to do so. People still need money/business during this time and you don't know everyone's situation. People have become *so* sensitive to every little thing when it's really not that serious. i admire people who can find humor during this weird time. Just my opinion tho

Edited by Cocoxo
typo
  • Love 23
13 hours ago, Pritchdino said:

I was watching the latest episode and this was Kellys face while watching the dance-off

😅😅😅 

1099A3CF-D53F-4CCF-9E78-318BE6D1852B.jpeg

She is the BIGGEST soupuss, always has such a crappy look on her face. I remember Hannah's second season (Blonde Hannah who was released for weight in training camp) well during the 1st meeting when they all introduce themselves, the look on Kelli's face when Hannah was speaking if looks could kill. Then two seconds later when Sydney called herself Syd Vicious (gagging) Kelli was just laughing away... THIS is why I say she's the ultimate mean girl. She has no poker face and doesn't seem to care if people see her dirty looks...

• Love 14

I lost track of who are Hannah and Brennan's "close friends" still on DCC? I was thinking just now of, wouldn't it be funny those close to the two of them, still on the team next year, have their "my cause my boots" dedicated to them. and be along the lines of "mental health issues, dedicated to former DCC's Brennan and/or Hannah, who was SACKED a year ago" etc. I would be sitting here doing my Wicked Witch from the west (wizard of Oz movie reference) laugh

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

We talk frequently about why do these women need to know certain things during panel interviews and why do they ask certain questions. And it is so these women know better than to post insensitive things like this. But we all know Rachel will get a pass. Not sure why they haven’t flagged her as an ambassador risk yet.

3 hours ago, Cocoxo said:

People have become *so* sensitive to every little thing when it's really not that serious. i admire people who can find humor during this weird time. Just my opinion tho

Color me strange but I'd call this über bad timing.   But that's just me.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

From what I remember hearing of Victoria and her training (just rumors, but still. . . . ), she wasn't listening to, or accepting critiques from her teachers.  Supposedly, she wasn't allow to be critiqued or corrected, only praised.  So, dancing heavy, not using her core, having bad technique in various moves, etc. was never corrected because it was never allowed to be corrected.  Thus, she wouldn't just be listening to the non-dancers, she wasn't listening to her teachers (or ignored them).

I have read that. An insider said that she is a studio hopper because she only wants praise, no constructive criticism.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

In media training they should be discussing how many cocktails you should safely have because alcohol is the #1 cause of boot in mouth disasters for these women...They rub shoulders with V-VIPs at various events who could be talking about the Brett Kavanaugh hearings or, more recently Amy Coney Barret...so she should be at least able to follow the conversation topic and be able to fake it better. Not everyone in the room is an old jock. Her dinner partner could very well be the Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court. If you expect to be treated world class...own the room and act world class.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

In media training they should be discussing how many cocktails you should safely have because alcohol is the #1 cause of boot in mouth disasters for these women...They rub shoulders with V-VIPs at various events who could be talking about the Brett Kavanaugh hearings or, more recently Amy Coney Barret...so she should be at least able to follow the conversation topic and be able to fake it better. Not everyone in the room is an old jock. Her dinner partner could very well be the Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court. If you expect to be treated world class...own the room and act world class.

And he isn’t on the Supreme Court Justice, he is a Supreme Court Justice🙄

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

who are you directing this to?

Ashlinn. In her media interview, when asked about Brett Kavanaugh, she repeatedly said that he was "on the Supreme Court Justice". Personally, I think that's what prompted Kelli to mention her eloquence and fluidity when speaking. It's one thing if she doesn't know who he is, or mixed up him getting fired as a result of the hearings, but in that instance she wasn't even referencing the Supreme Court correctly.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Ashlinn. In her media interview, when asked about Brett Kavanaugh, she repeatedly said that he was "on the Supreme Court Justice". Personally, I think that's what prompted Kelli to mention her eloquence and fluidity when speaking. It's one thing if she doesn't know who he is, or mixed up him getting fired as a result of the hearings, but in that instance she wasn't even referencing the Supreme Court correctly.

Ah, I didn't notice that when she was speaking, especially since her entire reply was jumbled...should have let die quietly on her own rather than have Rachel W jump in...

Thanks for clarifying

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Color me strange but I'd call this über bad timing.   But that's just me.  🤷‍♀️

I agree especially when DCC's like Brianna and Ashlee (more have probably posted about it but I've just seen theirs) are posting about it because it is personal for them. I'd say it's insensitive.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Yes, thank you. Thats what I was referring to.

1 hour ago, lexie3248 said:

I agree especially when DCC's like Brianna and Ashlee (more have probably posted about it but I've just seen theirs) are posting about it because it is personal for them. I'd say it's insensitive.  

I actually looked on Thursday which of the DCCs with public IGs posted anything related to the previous days’ events. Only Sydney, Darian, Ashlee, and Alora-Rose had any reference. Some DCCs have private IGs (Bri, Kelcey, etc.) so it is possible a few others could have posted. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Thank god we have "co-points" this season. She may not be my favorite, but I'm just gonna act like Maddie is solo point. Don't think I'm gonna acknowledge Rachel W. as "point" going forward.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Many on social media have felt that Briana is overlooked - I think she is doing as much as she wants to as a DCC and doesn't have the time or the inclination to drink the kool aid.

... and is all the more stronger and well-off for it in my opinion!

• Love 23

Darian with her identical twin Devon and...DCC Taylor Pedersen, who retired last year after 1 season.

647FF55C-A4C5-40B3-8136-74BACE864155.thumb.jpeg.d86ca01532ab8759bb1b3906add8b977.jpeg

I honestly can’t tell which one is Devon and which one is Darian!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Lona said:

Don't think I'm gonna acknowledge Rachel W. as "point" going forward.

I refused to acknowledge Kashara as point, yet there she was in our faces 😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Darian with her identical twin Devon and...DCC Taylor Pedersen, who retired last year after 1 season.

647FF55C-A4C5-40B3-8136-74BACE864155.thumb.jpeg.d86ca01532ab8759bb1b3906add8b977.jpeg

I see quite a few of possible "identical twins" in that picture. In addition to Devon and Darian:

The two blondes on the bottom row, the two with light brown hair (bottom row left and middle row right) 

Also could be siblings: The two dark brown (bottom row center and right above her on the middle row) as well as the 

blondes in the middle row left and upper row right. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, rl27rl said:

I have read that. An insider said that she is a studio hopper because she only wants praise, no constructive criticism.

#fakenews 🤣 she grew up in the same studio her entire life. 

• Useful 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

I actually looked on Thursday which of the DCCs with public IGs posted anything related to the previous days’ events. Only Sydney, Darian, Ashlee, and Alora-Rose had any reference. Some DCCs have private IGs (Bri, Kelcey, etc.) so it is possible a few others could have posted. 

Rachel A also posted

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

#fakenews 🤣 she grew up in the same studio her entire life. 

Thank you. I believe you cleared this up before.  I don’t see the bad technique.  Sure she has moments like everyone else but her every move seems to be under the microscope.  Happy she is doing well.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Pau84 said:

What group/occasion is this from? I didn't know that she had a connection to Taylor P.  I think Darian's in the middle and Devon is at the bottom. I would love for them to be the first identical twin DCCs; they are so GORGEOUS and Darian seems genuine and talented.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Meleighsa said:

What group/occasion is this from? I didn't know that she had a connection to Taylor P.  I think Darian's in the middle and Devon is at the bottom. I would love for them to be the first identical twin DCCs; they are so GORGEOUS and Darian seems genuine and talented.

When they danced for the suns

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

And still is to this day even though she isn’t on the team anymore! 😅

(I remain a Kashara fan, but I do almost have to feel bad for those that weren’t and were probably looking forward to her retirement ..... only to slowly realize CMT loves her haha 😂 )

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Lona said:

I remain a Kashara fan, but I do almost have to fill bad for those that weren’t

Was this a typo? I hope not because I love it, I'm hearing it in Kelli's voice!! 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Thank you. I believe you cleared this up before.  I don’t see the bad technique.  Sure she has moments like everyone else but her every move seems to be under the microscope.  Happy she is doing well.  

Maybe her dancing isn’t too bad for DCC (not show group worthy) but her kicks aren’t good for sure. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Aw, I loved her at point. I did not care for her her first couple years, but she really grew on me, and I think between her look and spunk she was perfect point material. 

The one who really didn't do anything for me at point was Jenna. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I could have sworn that Shelly told us before about Victoria not being classically trained? or at least something to that effect and she was acknowledging that there were some little issues or at least differences with technique - which all has to do with how they were taught. So being in the same studio forever likely actually contributes to the differences in technique. It doesn't absolve her from still having a few issues.For the record,  I think her pom style is awesome and it really should be her signature style.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I could have sworn that Shelly told us before about Victoria not being classically trained? or at least something to that effect and she was acknowledging that there were some little issues or at least differences with technique - which all has to do with how they were taught. So being in the same studio forever likely actually contributes to the differences in technique. It doesn't absolve her from still having a few issues.For the record,  I think her pom style is awesome and it really should be her signature style.

I wouldn't mind VK so much if they stopped showing us her kicks. Not a dancer so correct me if I am wrong, but it really annoys me how she doesn't have her supporting foot on releve, while the other girls do. It just looks weird to me. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I said her studio was a competition focused studio...some ballet throughout the week, but not the main focus. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Too bad that Victoria didn't seem to have benefitted from some of the good things that come from a competition studio (though performing to a large theater where the dancers can't even see in the front rows much less the last row, and performing under pressure, to a degree, are all things she learned).  When training for the stage, it's easy to overlook other aspects of technique and performance.  Granted, there are many good/great performers that come out of competition studios, but even the judges for some of these competitions say that they're seeing dancers heading more for tricks and showy things and focusing less on the actual dancing, steps and the meanings behind both the stories and the steps.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

IWhen it comes to the “who just didn’t do it for me as point-competition” nothing beats last season’s points if you were to ask me...

I was ok with Holly and loved Kashara. There is this great Thunderstruck video on youtube with Holly as point and flanked by Emma and Jacie. It is so obvious Holly is having a whale of a time and enjoys every second of it. It’s what Kashara radiated too. It’s hard to explain, but I simply can’t stop looking.

Maddie is obviously enjoying herself too but she just lacks that it-factor. She is just not able to draw me in...

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
On 1/8/2021 at 3:29 PM, lemonbus230 said:

Lmao my thoughts on the DCC girls for the most part range from no opinion to love her

Except Rachel W. She’s the only one I actively dislike 😂 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

You don’t like Holly or KaShara?!?! Meet me out back in 5 minutes. We’re gonna settle this the old-fashioned way. 😂

😂 

Actually I don't dislike Holly at all, I just found her not particularly exciting as point, I think she mainly got it for what she looks like.

1 minute ago, abracadabra said:

This isn't a super important point, but remember Brennan claiming to have COVID twice? How come she only mentioned once on the show then. 

I wondered about that too. Isn't it really rare to get COVID twice? When she said that, I wondered if one of them was a false positive.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

😂

Actually I don't dislike Holly at all, I just found her not particularly exciting as point, I think she mainly got it for what she looks like.

I wondered about that too. Isn't it really rare to get COVID twice? When she said that, I wondered if one of them was a false positive.

My guess is one was just suspected. I had that happen too, in March. While I'm 90% sure it's what I had, our hospital wasn't testing at the time, and I'm not going to go around saying I had COVID. 

• Love 4