Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, ByTor said:

No need to borrow, I have had extras in case such a situation arose 😂

Personally I think those abs look terrible on a woman. Clearly people disagree; my opinion doesn't make it so. Judy says Lily is "ugly." Clearly people disagree; her opinion doesn't make it so.  And while Judy may have found her unattractive...ugly?? Come on.

image.png.1c2655c46077b4de716d4069f430d393.png

Lily is adorable. Idk how Judy could dislike her big, bright smile. 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Can I please just say, I’m sorry for your loss of your grandfather, thank you for being honest and speaking out, I’m glad you’re getting help (I really don’t mean that in any nasty way at all) and that I hope you’re okay 💙

also as someone who has suffered mental health issues myself, I’m so peeved at how they’re handling Hannah’s cuts, I’m not sure I can watch the latest episode.

although tbf I probably will but I know I’ll fevers wound up if I do and I’m glad team mates have stuck up for her. 

Thank you. Sincerely. 🥰❤️

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I feel like I can see the producers laying the foundation for the cut. In the last episode Kelly commented on her poor fan kick and her awkward answer to the Brett Kavanaugh question. 

Also, I don't remember who but I believe some insiders said Tori's SG solo was pretty bad.

I feel like if she fixes those 3 things next year she's a lock for the team. And from the dance classes she posts on Instagram, maybe even show group? I'm not a dancer but I enjoy watching her dance

Oh yes, true. I had forgotten those things. She's not my favorite, but I still feel like they should've noticed fan kicks sooner (maybe even before taking her in). And at least she knew who BK was. How likely are they really to be asked something like that on the sidelines?!

I'm still hoping to see more Dani, but I doubt it. 

• Love 4

Anyone else think there could be a mass exodus next year? CMT has done so many girls dirty and their teammates (or former teammates) seem to be sticking up for each other. Seems like the girls are starting to see what's happening and realize they don't like it. 

Side note - I was surprised Kelly and Judy didn't seem to know Brennan had Covid-19. I thought they would know from social media or something.

Also lol at Kelly saying she's not panicking in the previous for next episode. That was pretty panicked to me. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, abracadabra said:

Oh yes, true. I had forgotten those things. She's not my favorite, but I still feel like they should've noticed fan kicks sooner (maybe even before taking her in). And at least she knew who BK was. How likely are they really to be asked something like that on the sidelines?!

I'm still hoping to see more Dani, but I doubt it. 

And, how likely are they going to be asked "how the internet works" on the sidelines?!! 

Some of their questions are so ridiculous!

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

And, how likely are they going to be asked "how the internet works" on the sidelines?!! 

Some of their questions are so ridiculous!

And they liked her answer of "a bunch of wires and complicated things." Really?

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I bet Lisa would’ve known the answer to how the internet works.  Lisa seems the type to be in the know of how most things work.  Should’ve saved the harder questions for the more intelligent women. 

Kat is so entertaining! I love her facials.  She brightens the room for sure. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

2020 ldrs.jpg

Why didn't Rachel - 4th year yet/SG didn't get a 2nd leader position? Why did they choose four third year vets over her? I can understand picking them over Savannah.

And general question, in past years we've seen group leaders give their opinions on who should make the squad. I assumed it was for the TV show drama but does this happen in real life?

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Why didn't Rachel - 4th year yet/SG didn't get a 2nd leader position? Why did they choose four third year vets over her? I can understand picking them over Savannah.

And general question, in past years we've seen group leaders give their opinions on who should make the squad. I assumed it was for the TV show drama but does this happen in real life?

Not always, but a lot of the times, the 2nd group leaders come from the 3rd year class.  IMO, they are preparing for the next year.  Instead of picking a 4th yr who might retire at the end of the year, start "training" the 3rd yrs to be leaders... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
Just now, ClassicPegg said:

Not always, but a lot of the times, the 2nd group leaders come from the 3rd year class.  IMO, they are preparing for the next year.  Instead of picking a 4th yr who might retire at the end of the year, start "training" the 3rd yrs to be leaders... 

That’s how I saw It to 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

Ahh that makes sense, thanks!

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

So they could use the tagline “we’ve been Thunderstruck” over and over🙄

I think the show isn’t allowed to, have you ever noticed they never say thunderstruck? They just say our signature game routine and the music is never played on the show? It’s always played alongside other music, mustn’t have the rights or have to pay something for even mentioning it 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I think the show isn’t allowed to, have you ever noticed they never say thunderstruck? They just say our signature game routine and the music is never played on the show? It’s always played alongside other music, mustn’t have the rights or have to pay something for even mentioning it 

I thought Kelli said it when they were in the basement during the storm🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I thought Kelli said it when they were in the basement during the storm🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m not sure I’m only just watching the episode and Brennan has just been called into the office, there’s a delay on when I can watch the show here 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, bunny said:

Honestly the DCC organization is psychotic 😂 I will never forget how Kelli got some preacher in to training camp right after poor Shaina lost a bunch of her friends in an accident, and there was this big thing where everyone was sharing stories of loss and grief and whatnot, which like, okay, fine. BUT Shaina didn’t say anything during it, completely understandably, and then went up to Kelli afterwards to explain that her grief was too new to participate but thank you for doing it etc etc. 

And maybe she really did feel that way, I dunno, but I have just never gotten over the fact that she felt like she had to go up to Kelli and explain herself when she didn’t owe an explanation to ANYONE nor was she obligated to thank Kelli at all. That scene has always read so weird to me, with poor Shaina looking like she’s under so much pressure and Kelli looking at her in this super cold, blank way. I’m sure the DCC org thought it made them look great and caring, but the way that it was shown totally jives with how toxic I picture the culture of the DCC org to be.

Anyway, Hannah is amazing as always!

I know this scene was meant to be uplifting but it made me feel uncomfortable. It felt like TPTB were captialising on Shaina's grief and tried to force her to open up. Her friends had literally just died, not months/years ago. Her grief was so raw and likely the first time she'd ever had to deal with death so closely. 

They keep saying they want their cheerleaders to be individual but they must be extorverted, talkative and happy all the time. I'm glad Shaina spoke out when she got cut but I always felt Kelli was rude to her. The same with Hannah's first office visit this season. Just because you've gone through something similar doesn't mean you know how someone else is feeling. Some people are just a bit more introverted, doesn't mean they can't be good ambassadors or performers! 

• Love 21
19 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I fully believe that as s show group veteran she didn't just suddenly become 'not good enough.' They aired only a few "not looking herself moments" - all were with the one funky Evan Miller piece. Slow down those moments and you notice so many of the girls actually messing it up. They had just learned that dance. A few times zoomed in - it was Kat messing up next to her but the show said it was Hannah. 

Was she stressed? yes. Did her mental health get taxed? Of course! Can a global pandemic be devastating for someone with anxiety and depression? YES! But her stress was born from compassion and empathy for others safety as well. And her "disinterested" stance was likely from her 'interest' in safety. She was following protocols while others were completely abandoning them.

Even with all of this - SHE STILL DID Her JOB

She was given three show group stickers so she clearly wasn't awful. In every "board" that's been shown except the very first she has been ABOVE the top 36 line. 

Are you telling me her cut came down to a dance off in which Hannah, a three year vet,  a show group vet  (who appeared to be strong in this episode at least) - justifies this cut? A cut that occurred in one short week - during a global pandemic - during the Texas surge - in unsafe conditions for the purposes of making a TV show? 

No, because even if she was less than herself - even if that is true - you give the benefit of the doubt here to the vets. Always. They've proven themselves able to perform! The rookies still on the line (which should include Sydney in my opinion) still need "teaching" (according to Judy), still need practice, still need time - They can come back next year. They aren't as invested in this process. The benefit of the doubt should go to the vets.  

But that didn't happen because the FIX is in! They knew well before camp started who they'd cut.  

The show is USING the angle "she's mentally weak" -- which of course IS NOT THE CASE and a disservice to women who suffer, and to those who persevere. Hannah said she's proof that with the right tools, resiliency is possible. 

I might agree with you about giving a vet the benefit of the doubt except for the fact that this year training camp was their try out.  Vets with the DCC must try out every year, and vets have been cut.  This year there were no try-outs, and all vets were invited to TC.  It was clear that they would be evaluated in TC and cut if need be.  

People keep saying COVID had her stressed out, and TC was not safe.  Well then why was she even there?  If you have that much anxiety about COVID, stay home.  Ask for a chance to come back next year at solos because your anxiety can't take it.  You don't show up and then complain about it.  

Honestly they owe her nothing.  Unless the policy is a vet has a spot until she leaves once it's earned, then cutting a vet is not out of line.  It's not like she was the only vet cut.  It's just my opinion, but I'm certainly entitled to it.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

One would think that if that's their signature song they would have rights to play it when and where they wanted?   Why can they play Robert Palmer's Simply Irresistible on the show and not other songs like that?  And the other night I heard Clap Your Hands while they are dancing or whatever that song is.  I do well understand copyright issues.  It just seems unusual to have rights to one song and not a really "important" one.  P.S.  I remember when the video of Simply Irresistible came out.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I know this scene was meant to be uplifting but it made me feel uncomfortable. It felt like TPTB were captialising on Shaina's grief and tried to force her to open up. Her friends had literally just died, not months/years ago. Her grief was so raw and likely the first time she'd ever had to deal with death so closely. 

They keep saying they want their cheerleaders to be individual but they must be extorverted, talkative and happy all the time. I'm glad Shaina spoke out when she got cut but I always felt Kelli was rude to her. The same with Hannah's first office visit this season. Just because you've gone through something similar doesn't mean you know how someone else is feeling. Some people are just a bit more introverted, doesn't mean they can't be good ambassadors or performers! 

Oh they were absolutely capitalizing on her grief and thats sickening.  

• Love 17
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

It's not necessarily about who was cut (Hannah has mixed opinions on here), it's the matter of how and why she was cut, and how they've made up a story to cover their backs.

There are two main issues here. Firstly, TC really shouldn't have taken place in any capacity this year. People should only be leaving home if it is necessary. If Covid isn't stressing you out, then you must be extremely privileged. (I don't mean you in particular, I mean in general). The problem is that people (especially the US) aren't taking it seriously enough (large gatherings still taking place, no masks in sight). In the UK, we're on lockdown 3, numbers are still rising. Half the population are adhering to the rules, the other half are simply doing what they want especially over Christmas/New Year.

Secondly, Hannah and the vets/TCCs were told that the bubble was secure, which probably eased her anxiety initally. She loves being on the team and wanted to continue so under the impression that all precautions were being taken. She's said she found escapism in dancing in her basement but it wasn't quite the same. On turning up to the 'bubble', it was clear that it wasn't as secure as they had been told. She voiced her concerns and got blacklisted and then cut for that. They have a responsibility as an organisation to make sure that they were taking all Covid precautions. 

They know of her medical history as she's been vocal about her anxiety/depression on the show before. That doesn't mean she can't go anywhere or do anything. She has been a great ambassador and stellar performer for 2 years now yet now she's no longer capable? Kelli even said her heart doesn't seem in it and she's less engaging. Probably because she doesn't feel safe, which she shared her feelings about, and now TPTB have made up some story to make her seem disinterested. Having watched the episodes, her dancing doesn't seem as powerful as before but she's still head and shoulders above a lot of the women there. 

Very well said. Other than the Miller piece of choreo, Hannah was great if u watched her. Thats why they had to keep showing that one. 

• Love 21

1892002587_Screenshot2021-01-07at9_34_31AM.thumb.jpeg.efe43f9a526b1caa04c3be7f242d7058.jpeg

They make these scenes quick for people to hardly to see the mess ups from those they don't want to cut but moments after this, Kelli said "my eyes went straight to Alora-rose" like of course they will, she's the only one in pink 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

1892002587_Screenshot2021-01-07at9_34_31AM.thumb.jpeg.efe43f9a526b1caa04c3be7f242d7058.jpeg

They make these scenes quick for people to hardly to see the mess ups from those they don't want to cut but moments after this, Kelli said "my eyes went straight to Alora-rose" like of course they will, she's the only one in pink 🤦🏽‍♀️

She's also the only one with her right arm over her head... (she's probably just waving *hey Kelli! Look at me over here!* )

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
On 1/5/2021 at 11:06 AM, 5678Pixie said:

You better believe none of that will be shown tonight.  It is about time someone spoke up about Judy.   She is just as bad as Kelli but she knows to shut up (or fake a tear) when the cameras are on her.  

On 1/5/2021 at 10:57 AM, lemonbus230 said:

Interested to see if they edit out where Judy called Lily ugly tonight and told Lily that she throws away all her gameday photos. Judy is not the angel she pretends to portray.

This is the first I'm hearing of this......fill me in please!  Damn it, this hurts me heart!!!  

• Love 4
On 1/4/2021 at 9:31 PM, dbell1 said:

Retirement wish list:

I will pack their bags and arrange a van: Maddie, Tess, Lexie, Alora, Taylor, Sydney, Kat. Kelli, you can hop in the van too.

Please go out with dignity, your future is not here: Kristen, Brianna

FTLOG, go: Savannah, Cianna, Judy and her stool.

Awwww, I like cici. 

• Love 7
On 1/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, lemonbus230 said:

Interested to see if they edit out where Judy called Lily ugly tonight and told Lily that she throws away all her gameday photos. Judy is not the angel she pretends to portray.

Hold the phone, she said what? 

She called Lily ugly? 

I wish I was as ugly as Lily! 

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Brennan, Hannah and Briana have been 3 of my faves in recent years, BECAUSE they're intelligent, well-rounded women. I know the squad needs fresh-faced 18 year olds too but I relate more to the women who have other stuff going on outside of the DCC world. They're much more interesting, probably because I feel like we have more in common. They're all crazy beautiful but look like you could hang out with them too!

However, Kelli always says she wants her women to be well-rounded yet doesn't appreciate that not everyone can do random weekday appearances or tonnes of DCC camps. 

Yes yes yes these 3 are amazing women inside and out! Rather see them bc they can actually carry a convo.

Also Alora Rose has an amazing body. Kelli is thinking Rockette and calendar. 
Lily looks like Jordan Chanley Jr to me. Not ugly. Very typical dcc cookie cutter I don’t get the ‘ugly’ comments.

Im all for personality but Kat please tone it down or move on to Real Housewives.

• Love 15
On 1/5/2021 at 6:31 AM, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Retirements are announced around the time of auditions aren’t they? @ShellyB is that correct?

also are the girls still not permitted to send out signed photos? How does someone go about getting one? Won’t lie I wouldn’t mind one before one of my faves retires 😅

Depends on if there is another season. Generally, around auditions is when the public will begin to know of possible retirements. K & J will not ask for formal decisions until later in the spring.

Right now, they’ve been told that signed photos are not to be mailed out...I’m aware of some that have sent out pics during quarantine. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
On 1/6/2021 at 12:10 PM, MegzClarkie said:

Hey everyone, so I have been keeping track of the boards that I have seen have have been collating them together in one spreadsheet to see how they change and which girls move up and down. Below is up to episode 6 as I have not seen episode 7 yet in the UK. A couple of things to note: Alanna is always at the top probably because she is first in alphabetical order, there were 2 boards shown in episode 5 hence two headings for episode 5, everyone below the red line is "not top 36", cells in green means they have moved up from their previous position, cells in light red means they have moved down from their previous positions and if they are white it means they have not changed. If the text is red that is the episode they get cut and the the number next to it is the order of the cuts. 

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 17.02.50.png

Could someone explain to me the Taylor factor here? She auditioned one day. Did she then stay in the "so called bubble?" I know the episodes are out of order and these boards are largely just for the show -  but Taylor went from three episodes at #29 to all of sudden way down to #39. Then all of sudden up to #20 then #19 then #18? So how she making such leaps up and down if she's there just one day?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Could someone explain to me the Taylor factor here? She auditioned one day. Did she then stay in the "so called bubble?" I know the episodes are out of order and these boards are largely just for the show -  but Taylor went from three episodes at #29 to all of sudden way down to #39. Then all of sudden up to #20 then #19 then #18? So how she making such leaps up and down if she's there just one day?

My guess is she was ranked low because she hadn't auditioned. Then she did audition and got ranked, then moved as other scores around her changed. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

My guess is she was ranked low because she hadn't auditioned. Then she did audition and got ranked, then moved as other scores around her changed. 

Ahhh okay so they just at some point moved her from 29 to 39 to get her essentially out of the way until she auditioned. Got it. That makes sense.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, tdp1117 said:

I might agree with you about giving a vet the benefit of the doubt except for the fact that this year training camp was their try out.  Vets with the DCC must try out every year, and vets have been cut.  This year there were no try-outs, and all vets were invited to TC.  It was clear that they would be evaluated in TC and cut if need be.  

People keep saying COVID had her stressed out, and TC was not safe.  Well then why was she even there?  If you have that much anxiety about COVID, stay home.  Ask for a chance to come back next year at solos because your anxiety can't take it.  You don't show up and then complain about it.  

Honestly they owe her nothing.  Unless the policy is a vet has a spot until she leaves once it's earned, then cutting a vet is not out of line.  It's not like she was the only vet cut.  It's just my opinion, but I'm certainly entitled to it.  

And we all know who the one vet that has a spot until she retires!  Something I don’t understand...  VK has talked about online bullying, etc, but has she not heard the comments about what she could do to improve herself?  If I kept hearing about if I was dancing heavy, falling out of turns, etc, I’d light a fire under it and fix those skills.  JS

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Blue hues said:

And we all know who the one vet that has a spot until she retires!  Something I don’t understand...  VK has talked about online bullying, etc, but has she not heard the comments about what she could do to improve herself?  If I kept hearing about if I was dancing heavy, falling out of turns, etc, I’d light a fire under it and fix those skills. 

I would do the same if I saw repeated comments about my dancing (thank goodness our audience is always positive so I don't have to see those comments). However, there are a lot of dancers out there who don't respect the opinions of most people because they aren't dancers themselves, so they feel that technical critique from them isn't legitimate. "They're not dancers, so who are they to give me corrections?" And while I think that's not a good perspective to take, it's also a way for professional dancers to ignore hateful comments. It can be incredibly difficult to ignore what other people are saying, especially if it's just a constant barrage of hatred. If Victoria, or any of the other girls, or any dancer for that matter, uses that as a tool to help them not get bogged down by hateful posts on the Internet, I can't really fault them for it.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I would do the same if I saw repeated comments about my dancing (thank goodness our audience is always positive so I don't have to see those comments). However, there are a lot of dancers out there who don't respect the opinions of most people because they aren't dancers themselves, so they feel that technical critique from them isn't legitimate. "They're not dancers, so who are they to give me corrections?" And while I think that's not a good perspective to take, it's also a way for professional dancers to ignore hateful comments. It can be incredibly difficult to ignore what other people are saying, especially if it's just a constant barrage of hatred. If Victoria, or any of the other girls, or any dancer for that matter, uses that as a tool to help them not get bogged down by hateful posts on the Internet, I can't really fault them for it.

From what I remember hearing of Victoria and her training (just rumors, but still. . . . ), she wasn't listening to, or accepting critiques from her teachers.  Supposedly, she wasn't allow to be critiqued or corrected, only praised.  So, dancing heavy, not using her core, having bad technique in various moves, etc. was never corrected because it was never allowed to be corrected.  Thus, she wouldn't just be listening to the non-dancers, she wasn't listening to her teachers (or ignored them).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

From what I remember hearing of Victoria and her training (just rumors, but still. . . . ), she wasn't listening to, or accepting critiques from her teachers.  Supposedly, she wasn't allow to be critiqued or corrected, only praised.  So, dancing heavy, not using her core, having bad technique in various moves, etc. was never corrected because it was never allowed to be corrected.  Thus, she wouldn't just be listening to the non-dancers, she wasn't listening to her teachers (or ignored them).

4 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

You’d think, given a few of us on here, are dancers or have been dancers are stating it though, may have some bearing or as @EricaShadows stated, she blatantly ignored her teachers too and ignored their critique.

if you’re not going to listen to teachers why bother? But on top of that “a picture is worth a thousand words” and there is a number of photos of girls on the team past and present with correct technique, where their body is up and the lock is coming from their hips and leg muscles and not needing to lean over and be obvious for yourself to see you don’t look as good as those girls or would want to look as effortless as them. Or even copy her own group leader Tess has lovely kicks. 

• Love 9

We talk frequently about why do these women need to know certain things during panel interviews and why do they ask certain questions. And it is so these women know better than to post insensitive things like this. But we all know Rachel will get a pass. Not sure why they haven’t flagged her as an ambassador risk yet.

A795E793-9C16-4E00-91BC-84EA672A6A00.jpeg

Edited by lemonbus230
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Blue hues said:

And we all know who the one vet that has a spot until she retires!  Something I don’t understand...  VK has talked about online bullying, etc, but has she not heard the comments about what she could do to improve herself?  If I kept hearing about if I was dancing heavy, falling out of turns, etc, I’d light a fire under it and fix those skills.  JS

Don’t need to fix the skills if you’re guaranteed a spot. So much hypocrisy about raising the bar. 

6 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

On the other hand we're not saying how it needs to be fixed. If a non-dancer were to say that, sure. But we’re just calling WHAT needs to be fixed. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

You’d think, given a few of us on here, are dancers or have been dancers are stating it though, may have some bearing or as @EricaShadows stated, she blatantly ignored her teachers too and ignored their critique.

if you’re not going to listen to teachers why bother? But on top of that “a picture is worth a thousand words” and there is a number of photos of girls on the team past and present with correct technique, where their body is up and the lock is coming from their hips and leg muscles and not needing to lean over and be obvious for yourself to see you don’t look as good as those girls or would want to look as effortless as them. Or even copy her own group leader Tess has lovely kicks. 

I don't think Tess particularly adds much to the squad but her kicks are some of the best currently. It helps that she's tall but her kicks usually look effortless.

44 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

We talk frequently about why do these women need to know certain things during panel interviews and why do they ask certain questions. And it is so these women know better than to post insensitive things like this. But we all know Rachel will get a pass. Not sure why they haven’t flagged her as an ambassador risk yet.

A795E793-9C16-4E00-91BC-84EA672A6A00.jpeg

Wow, talk about tone deaf. I don't care how 'pretty' or good of a dancer she is.

• Love 17