Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 1/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, blairwaldorf said:

I just watched the show group audition, and I think perhaps Kristin and her friends should look at the stunt she pulled through the eyes of her employers. Show Group auditions are basically a job interview for a position as a representative, on an international stage, of the Dallas Cowboys organization, and she blew it. Kristin's decision to use the audition as an opportunity to "make a statement" in support of a controversial political agenda - and one which the Cowboys' leadership has made clear they don't support - was extremely unprofessional and inappropriate. Honestly, she's lucky Charlotte didn't cut her on the spot. 

On 12/30/2020 at 6:37 AM, JapMo said:

I know people will be upset with my opinion, but there's an old saying.....if you got a message, call Western Union.  Kristin is auditioning for a professional, competitive cheerleading team.  Arguably the best in the country.  I've had a lot of complaints about Kelli, Judy, et al in the past, but they were watching 42 or something dancers who each had composed a solo routine with the intention of being judged on it to make/stay on the team and possibly get into Show Group.  And they are supposed to recognize that one woman is using it to make a statement about racism?  Was that all Kristin wanted to do....make a statement?  Or was she also trying to deliver a top notch, quality dance performance that shows off her incredible talent?  Because that's what she was supposed to be doing.  That's what Charlotte, Melissa, Kitty and the others were judging her on, yet now those same people are being roasted for being insensitive and the show lambasted for editing. 

I agree.  I don't think a job interview is an appropriate place to make a socio-political statement, regardless of the workplace.  I also don't think cheerleading is where it counts.  Historically NFL cheerleaders weren't/aren't even compensated appropriately, so why should we expect that any given organization should care to hear their "voices"?  We know that for a fact, they know that for a fact, and still these women vie for a spot on the team.  That's on them.  If Kristin cares that much, she can move on to do bigger and better things and engage in activities that will help make a difference.  Hannah too. 

If anyone truly cares, don't watch the show and let it live rent-free in your head.  Step away from your keyboard and go do something out in the world.  Hit them where it hurts = ratings and social media.

On 1/2/2021 at 4:43 AM, Tulip86 said:

If they're calling BLM a controversial political agenda I suggest looking at a calendar. It's 2021, not 1956.

The mattering of black and brown lives is not controversial.  All black and brown lives matter, and that mattering of black and brown lives is not the same as "Black Lives Matter."  The tenets of the Black Lives Matter movement are controversial from a socio-political standpoint, and the clenched fist has become a symbol of the organization.  I don't feel it was the appropriate place for Kristin to demonstrate this symbolism however I don't agree with the producers and editors making an ass out of her the way they did. 

If the producers wanted to use the content, they should have shown it without the inaccurate edit and they should have used it to showcase her talent.  Not mock her.  It was an incomprehensible flex on their part (really, what was their purpose? we don't know) and it was a discredit to Kristin's abilities as a dancer.

This show has long suffered from terrible editing.  I think the bottom line is they don't have the proper resources to put together a better program.  They have the content, but the editors (in my best Cassie Trammell drone voice) suck.  I think we tend to forget this is Country Music Television and they don't have the budgets of the other networks we're used to watching.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Interested to see if they edit out where Judy called Lily ugly tonight and told Lily that she throws away all her gameday photos. Judy is not the angel she pretends to portray.

Whatttttt?! I know you won’t be kidding but I really wish you were! Poor Lily! She’s lovely!

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Interested to see if they edit out where Judy called Lily ugly tonight and told Lily that she throws away all her gameday photos. Judy is not the angel she pretends to portray.

They'd never show it but they should only to reveal Judy's true colors though I'd hate it to be at Lily's expense so best not to show it. Lily seems like a very genuine young lady who wanted so bad to be on the team. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder bc some would say one daughter of a legacy is not very attractive inside or out & for once i'm not referring to Veruca, though she could desperately use braces, some toned down hair color & a new lipstick shade that color she wears went out in the 80's...

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

This show has long suffered from terrible editing.  I think the bottom line is they don't have the proper resources to put together a better program.  They have the content, but the editors (in my best Cassie Trammell drone voice) suck.  I think we tend to forget this is Country Music Television and they don't have the budgets of the other networks we're used to watching.

True! What bothers me, and so I've stopped, is all the comments on social media. They are like Kelli parrots. They buy the narrative hook line and sinker. They never question if reality could possibly be more than the mashed together  slow mo 10 second glimpses.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 9
On 12/24/2020 at 5:59 PM, Lcc said:

I agree she is a great dancer. She is beautiful, well spoken. I wish I were Hannah!  But the other girls at  TC are beautiful and great dancers too. To say they she is deserving and they are not..... The difference between all of these girls are so slight. Being late, calling Kelli girl, not having a hd face, small belly giggle, etc... Again, I like Hannah. But she came to TC different than the past. I understand why they cut her. But even though she did not make the team, I think she is amazing and has a bright future. 

I agree with every bit of this!  Well said. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

WTAF is wrong with Judy and Kelli? Good lord. 

• Love 9

If they felt Lily wasn't attractive, why'd they put her on the team in the first place?

Kitty called Tara unattractive too, and I remember thinking that that was cruel (and untrue). And we can't forget Chandler and her "grandma" face. I can understand them talking about a girl's weight on camera (maintaining a certain figure is part of the job), but I feel like talking about looks is out of bounds.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

I don’t know why I even bother with this show anymore ... 🙄

P.S. Lily’s beautiful inside and out! 

• Love 22
32 minutes ago, go4luca said:

They are both past their expiration date.

Something about them—who both made the squad when it was comparatively a joke, literally 100x easier and didn't require a lifetime of dance—judging these women so harshly, scolding them for being over a size 2, and seemingly loving to knock beautiful, talented women, down a peg at every turn...it's just not sitting right with me anymore. I've only been watching this show for a year so I guess it's just not really sinking in until now, but I'm increasingly over it...it's just too much. I used to see some humanity in them, like when Kelli cried at Alexandra s9's cut, but now they just seem so nasty. And this is just my impression from what they show...I can't even imagine what they're like offscreen.

I mean, they do worship at Kitty's hellish altar after all

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 22

I think Lily is pretty by most standards - she’s never been one with the question mark by some, like Maddie, Marissa, etc. I think they’ve hoped makeovers would glam up some more than others (Chandler stands out to me) bit shoot, even some of the prettiest candidates can take bad pics (Meredith) or lack excitement in their eyes (Rachel W.)

Lily is solid IMO, tho sometimes her hair can look a little dry. Probably thanks to whatever fresh hell was done to her during makeovers. Anyhoot. 

For what it’s worth, Kristin’s fist in the air made me think of Hamilton, not BLM, even if echoing BLM was her intent. Thank you Disney+ for enabling that to play on repeat this year at my house 😂

• Love 8

Brennan’s solo and sweet post...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJreAnXhdD9/?igshid=1uz7bmhjajxoq

(Here’s her post in case it doesn’t show when you click - “After 27 years of dancing, my last performance on a stage 💙 Cheers to it being with my best friends surrounding and supporting me...doesn’t get any better!”)

Caroline’s solo...she is not my cup of tea in so many ways but is a terrific dancer

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJrDspIljj_/?igshid=1m9v7umel4qbh

Edited by RileyJDR
  • Love 13
41 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

Caroline’s solo...she is not my cup of tea in so many ways but is a terrific dancer

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJrDspIljj_/?igshid=1m9v7umel4qbh

I can’t stand how the cheerleaders whoop and holler in the background about everything - like they’re middle school girls at a dance recital.

• Love 15

I cannot believe in 2020 (21), Judy or Kelli would think it’s okay to comment out loud about someone’s look. I understand weight and all that for the uniform but their god given features should not be a discussion...especially when the girl already made the team and she was pretty enough previously. Lily sometimes has a wide smile, I don’t hate it, but if I were her boss, I wouldn’t vocalize that...seems like an HR nightmare. 

Also, I know the times have changed, but Judy was known for her freaking pigtails. You aren’t the definition of perfection. All of these woman are tiny little things even if on weight warning. I couldn’t dream of being that small, even before having four kids but I think it’s extra cruel for Kelli or Kitty to comment on looks when they aren’t stunners. 

• Love 22

Watching Brennan’s solo I noticed the TVs on the side of the stage. There was a 1-2 second delay as to what was actually happening on stage Vs what was shown on the screen. If the judges on video were watching the video feed it’s entirely plausible that Brennan was out of time with the music they were hearing - which is the feedback Charlotte supposedly gave about Kristins solo.  Which makes charlottes feedback about Kristin even more annoying cos it likely would have been the same delay for most, if not all performances. 

Yes I am still bitter #TeamKristin 

Edited by onthebubble
Fixing typo
  • Useful 6
  • Love 11

Guys, I liked Cianna last year, but she got booted off show group, and looks to be struggling keeping the unrealistic DCC shape. I want her to hula off into the sunset before she becomes their next hatchet job.

Kelli can go in the van with the Ozark 4 and they can all infect each other. But tying her to the roof like a Griswald granny has some appeal too. 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RileyJDR said:

(Here’s her post in case it doesn’t show when you click - “After 27 years of dancing, my last performance on a stage 💙 Cheers to it being with my best friends surrounding and supporting me...doesn’t get any better!”)

Sheesh... she may not have been the most powerful cheerleader, but she really does look great on stage. My heart still hurts for her.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Where is I leave my torch & pitchfork?😡

• Love 14
5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Something about them—who both made the squad when it was comparatively a joke, literally 100x easier and didn't require a lifetime of dance—judging these women so harshly, scolding them for being over a size 2, and seemingly loving to knock beautiful, talented women, down a peg at every turn...it's just not sitting right with me anymore. I've only been watching this show for a year so I guess it's just not really sinking in until now, but I'm increasingly over it...it's just too much. I used to see some humanity in them, like when Kelli cried at Alexandra s9's cut, but now they just seem so nasty. And this is just my impression from what they show...I can't even imagine what they're like offscreen.

I mean, they do worship at Kitty's hellish altar after all

K and J are just like middle/high school mean girls.  They tear others down to build themselves up.  Notice Kelli rarely has a genuine smile, just bares her teeth, and the smile never reaches her eyes.  Judy just seems remote, squint and judge from afar.

• Love 13

Anyone else think Rachel W was trying to make Tori look terrible about that Bret Kavanaugh question? Like couldn’t she have just not interjected..? Or said anything other than the sassy thing she said? 

• Love 7
On 1/5/2021 at 10:46 AM, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I think Kristin will definitely retire and follow her boyfriend 

593C2F51-956A-4884-B2EE-690EA72D0254.jpeg

If she doesn't retire wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly leverage this information to form some sort of loyalty argument for why she gets cut next season

Edited by Jesiklyn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, NC-CFD09 said:

Anyone else think Rachel W was trying to make Tori look terrible about that Bret Kavanaugh question? Like couldn’t she have just not interjected..? Or said anything other than the sassy thing she said? 

She looked like she was chomping at the bit to get that correction in QUICK... I don't think she was trying to make Tori look bad but she is really passionate about her political leanings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, KickBallFall said:

It’s like pouring salt in a wound at this point. 😭

B0EC55D5-6CA8-44DE-9B6E-9A523FFCDAFC.jpeg

So true ... and it’s not the first time either .... When they were showing previews of an episode on YouTube, the title of the episode was “the vets aren’t safe” with Hannah’s picture.  

I’m thinking if she articulated to TPTB that she didn’t feel like the “bubble” was safe (which from watching the show it clearly isn’t ) then you just made fun of her by titling the preview that...  what a jerky thing to do.  

Wait..... Judy did what to Lily???!!!!  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

She looked like she was chomping at the bit to get that correction in QUICK... I don't think she was trying to make Tori look bad but she is really passionate about her political leanings.

I don’t have access to episodes in my country 😢 I’m curious about this, what question was asked and what did Rachel W say? I was under the impression she had some conservative political leanings would be interested to hear her response 

Edited by perrie97
Re worded
  • Love 3
On 12/24/2020 at 4:20 AM, perrie97 said:

Hannah didn’t show up to work “mentally unprepared”, she was suffering distress beyond her control and likely managed it best as she could.  She wasnt simply “stressed out”- she’s been open about her anxiety and depression. A pandemic is prime time for such issues to flare up.  dancing was clearly something she was looking forward to; she may have thought it would help her mental state. it’s actually legally discrimination to fire someone based on mental illness. If it’s affecting someone’s work then the right thing to do would be offer them to take leave and return when they’re well, as many professional sport teams do rather than firing them. After all, supporting the wellbeing of ones staff certainly is part of Kelli’s/any boss’ job. However in Hannah’s case it didn’t massively affect her performance- dancing was up to par and far better than some of those still on the team, so the cut seems unfair. 

As many have pointed out, the bubble was pointless since no one had to isolate for 2 weeks prior to entering. Even with testing before entering, If someone picked up COVID 2 nights before TC at a gathering, a COVID test could show up negative until they had developed symptoms. They would be infectious for at least a portion if not all  of TC, rendering the bubble useless. 

So are you actually suggesting they should have held Hannah's spot and cut someone who's game ready just because of her mental illness?  Also you should realize that the DCC are not employees unlike the players you cited.  They're independent contractors, and the worker rules do not apply to them.  If I'm Kelli, I want to keep the 36 strongest girls -- physically and mentally.  If they wanted to be charitable, they would not have cut Brennan but instead given her a chance to heal.  That's not how this situation works.  There are 36 spots, and I would be bitter AF if I got cut and then a spot was held for someone who was not mentally ready to be on the field when I was.  There's a chance she may not have been ready all season, and that would mean the cut would be for nothing.  The real lesson here is life isn't always fair.  Hannah (and Brennan as well) learned this in training camp.  Brennan didn't go out and bad mouth the organization after though.  Hannah did.  That was not professional, and looked like she was pitching a fit the same way my 10 year old niece does when I won't buy her Roblox Dollars.  That's not a good look for her.  

• Love 8

Right I will start a cheerleading group just for Hannah and Brennan. Everyone from this board is welcomed and everyone outside this board is welcomed too. Except the following people:

1) DEMENTIA KELLI FINGLASS, "I CANNOT STICK UP FORMYSELF ANYMORE" JUDY TRAMMELL, DUMBASS CHARLOTTE, and all of their families

2) Those snide "I can't handle other people's opinions" people in all the other facebook groups that is (and to put it nicely), against people this forum, for speaking the truth/having an opinion etc

3) CMT and all everyone else that agrees with the editing and promotion of that show .... etc

• Love 6