Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, NC-CFD09 said:

I definitely don't think she looks like Miranda Lambert.. But I also don't think she is as unattractive as everyone else here seems to think. 

BTW I saw an interview where Kelli talked about LOVING Miranda Lambert because they are both from East Texas, so that was some pretty high praise.

They are actually both from Lindale, TX,  so same home town.

• Love 1
On 12/1/2020 at 8:27 PM, TUOwl84 said:

This was on Twitter today.  This has to be the prettiest I've seen Madeline M look.  

EoKh1VoWMAIn2j3.jpeg

That's a hell of a serving size of chicken. 😂

On 12/2/2020 at 12:53 AM, ClassicPegg said:

The show came on at 9pm and it's now 11:45pm.  I find it sad that no one has created a topic/page for the new episode and no one is really discussing it yet.  Speaks volumes about level of excitement this year...

Mods: what can be done so the few remaining episode threads will open , like on a timer, when the show airs?

Or is the plan this year , since many aren't watching the show live anymore and this is week 12? of the NFL season, is to just comment on this thread, and closeout the episode threads?

The decision or vote, may have been announced in this thread already- as to where/when prefer to post. I'm afraid to ask what page that was discussed. This thread gets so full of so much, it can get hard to follow and keep up, on the smaller discussion points at times. I didn't know that training camp/the show watching live wasn't the "hot" topic this year, as it was in years past. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

What I would have liked to see instead...

KEEP: Armani, Claire W, Dani, Darian, Elli, Jada, Jessica, Marissa, McKenzie, Sydney

CUT: Alora Rose, Kat, Kristin

ADD: Ashlinn, Cassie, Sheridan

Hmmm my opinion and edit on this

keep Armani, Claire W, dani, Darian, Elli, Jade, mckenzie, Sydney, Alora-Rose, Kristin

cut - Marissa, kat

Add - Ashlinn, Sheridan 

• Love 1

KEEP: Armani, Claire W, Dani, Darian, Elli, Jada, Jessica, Marissa, McKenzie, Sydney

Keep: Armani, Claire W, Dani, Darian, Elli, Jada, Marissa

Cut: Alora-Rose, Kristen, Jessica, Sydney, McKenzie

Add: Ashlinn, Sheridan, Hannah, Brennan and then the last spot could go to either Lily or Kelly

*this is just based off of the first two episodes and the tryout videos.. my opinions could change throughout the season. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, vanillagum said:

lmao, it is SO fake and cringe. they barely know each other but are trying to act like somehow they're bffs instead of each other's competition. they laid it on especially thick this episode. just please stop lol

In previous years the girls had 1st round, semis, panel interviews and finals to get to know each other. This year they met 1st day of camp, the closeness is manufactured and it shows. U can see they barely know each other and don’t share a common experience.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

3 minutes ago, NC-CFD09 said:

Keep: Armani, Claire W, Dani, Darian, Elli, Jada, Marissa

Cut: Alora-Rose, Kristen, Jessica, Sydney, McKenzie

Add: Ashlinn, Sheridan, Hannah, Brennan and then the last spot could go to either Lily or Kelly

*this is just based off of the first two episodes and the tryout videos.. my opinions could change throughout the season. 

Rookies:

Keep:

1. Alora-Rose Morgan
  2. Amelia Evans
  3. Armani Latimer
  4. Ashlinn Maze
  5. Claire Wolford
  6. Dani McGinnis
  7. Darian Lassiter
  8. Elli DiGiovanni
  9. Jada McLean
  10. Jessica Bowman
  11. McKenzie Sherman
  12. Shannan Slattery
  13. Sheridan McDowell

Cut:

1. Annabelle Afzali
  2. Cassie Schroeder
  3. Claire Doolin
  4. Kelly Long
  5. Marissa Garrison
  6. Sydney Hawthorne

Eventhough Amelia and Shannan looked like the weakest dancers, the fact that Meredith had a spot on the team last year unequivocally proves for ever that anyone can be on the team.

Veterans:

Keep:

1. Alanna Tarango
  2. Amanda Dilks
  3. Amber McMillian
  4. Ashlee Nobanks
  5. Brianna Baisden
  6. Caroline Sundvold
  7. Chandi Dayle
  8. Cici Levi
  9. Erin Sauerhage
  10. Gina Ligi
  11. Hannah Anderson
  12. Jalyn Stough
  13. Kat Puryear
  14. Kelcey Wetterburg
  15. Kristin Dodd
  16. Lexie Smith
  17. Lily Johnson
  18. Madeline Molloy
  19. Rachel Alexander
  20. Rachel Wyatt
  21. Savannah Heineken
  22. Taylor Jane
  23. Victoria Kalina

Cut:

1. Daphne Janes
  2. Brennan Cook
  3. Lisa Mills
  4. Meredith Madden
  5. Madeline Massingill
  6. Tess Guidry
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Trixi said:

In previous years the girls had 1st round, semis, panel interviews and finals to get to know each other. This year they met 1st day of camp, the closeness is manufactured and it shows. U can see they barely know each other and don’t share a common experience.  

What was the timeline from when they found out they were going to training camp to actually having to be in Texas? I’m wondering if they were able to bond learning dances or generally knowing they had this opportunity coming up.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

29 vets. 19 rookies. 12 cuts. (Is that right? I can't remember.) You could almost make all of those 12 cuts veterans - for a variety of reasons. 

29 vets 20 rookies 

39 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

29 vets. 19 rookies. 12 cuts. (Is that right? I can't remember.) You could almost make all of those 12 cuts veterans - for a variety of reasons. 

I'm curious. Which 12 would you cut?

• Useful 1

A few random questions/thoughts:

1. Does anyone know what happened with Ashlinn? She seems to be amazing so far and she has only received positive feedback.

2. What happened with Jalyn? She went from being a favorite her rookie year and now it seems like K&J don't like her? Is it just because of how she reacted to getting cut from SG?

3. Did something happen with Caroline? Kashara wanted her to be point so I'm surprised she isn't splitting it with Maddie.

4. When did Rachel W become one of the power-house dancers? I don't remember her getting much positive feedback on the show?

5. Why is Savannah not on SG? She's farther up in the triangle than Victoria, Chandi, and Kelcey which doesn't really make sense?

Edited by dccfan204
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Trixi said:

I don’t think it seems fake at all. They all knew for about 2 months before training camp. I’m sure they exchanged numbers and talked to each other during that time. I highly doubt they just showed up, day of, and never spoke. But hey, that’s just me. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

A few random questions/thoughts:

1. Does anyone know what happened with Ashlinn? She seems to be amazing so far and she has only received positive feedback.

2. What happened with Jalyn? She went from being a favorite her rookie year and now it seems like K&J don't like her? Is it just because of how she reacted to getting cut from SG?

3. Did something happen with Caroline? Kashara wanted her to be point so I'm surprised she isn't splitting it with Maddie.

4. When did Rachel W become one of the power-house dancers? I don't remember her getting much positive feedback on the show?

5. Why is Savannah not on SG? She's farther up in the triangle than Victoria, Chandi, and Kelcey which doesn't really make sense?

I would love to get other opinions and input on these, but I'll take a swing at answering these based on my best educated guesses:

1. No idea - Could be a variety of things, poor media day performance, the vets don't like her (or poor locker room behavior). the guest choreographers could dislike her, something could happen at home where she needs to leave camp. We also know someone in the bubble had covid - could be potentially related. I am just throwing out answers here. we will have to see it play out on the show. 

2. I heard on this forum that Jalyn and Victoria had an issue. Not sure if this is why, but I do remember in her office visit after she was cut from show group that she mentioned "I was upset that maybe something had happened outside of the studio that changed Yall's opinions of me." So clearly there is something going on that is not dance related. 

3. I've said it before and I'll say it again - they will always have two different looking points if they have two girls split point. If you notice the two girls behind maddie in the triangle are both blondes and the two girls behind Rachel W or Amy are both brunettes. They mix up hair color to make them pop. This past season they clearly prioritized seniority putting Amy and Maddie up as points so I really don't think Caroline had a shot. She may have a shot to split it with Rachel next season if maddie retires. I also think that scene with KaShara was heavily edited byt CMT.. so who knows if she really even chose Caroline. She could have said something like "if you want to go on seniority then pick Amy, but if you want the best dancer then caroline" and them not have even showed the whole conversation. 

4. Rachel W is not a powerhouse dancer. She is drop dead gorgeous and cannot take a bad picture. I'd describe her dancing as graceful (not a bad thing). She is almost certainly point because she is so pretty and she seems to be a big DCC rule follower and doesn't speak up much which they seem to like. I also think it helped her that the signature routine is only on video this season and she had a fan base and status prior to coming to DCC. 

5. Savannah is not the best technical dancer and they seem to want great dancers for Show group. There are usually exceptions for Upper Vets and I'm kind of surprised they didn't put her on for her fourth season just because of seniority. I'd say her position in the triangle is seniority based.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, NC-CFD09 said:

We also know someone in the bubble had covid - could be potentially related.

Wait I definitely missed this! Do you know if it was a cheerleader or staff member that had covid?

Also, I loved reading all of your thoughts 🙂 Thanks!

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Wait I definitely missed this! A cheerleader or staff member had covid?

I'm not sure but that is why production was halted. The bubble safety was compromised so everyone went home and they cut the remainder of the team by zoom (including Hannah). This is info I got from Hannah's insta post about her cut. 

Edited by NC-CFD09
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dccfan204 said:

Wait I definitely missed this! Do you know if it was a cheerleader or staff member that had covid?

Also, loved reading your other answers 🙂

It was a girl in tess training camp group but it ended up being a false positive 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JC2468 said:

I don’t think it seems fake at all. They all knew for about 2 months before training camp. I’m sure they exchanged numbers and talked to each other during that time. I highly doubt they just showed up, day of, and never spoke. But hey, that’s just me. 

I was just mentioning how during a normal try-out the girls spend hours and hours together, seeing each other learn the dance, auditioning together in small groups, facing the judges together. I would think its way more of a bonding experience then maybe a bit of facetime and/or texting🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Finally had a chance to watch the 2nd episode.  Posting this here in case it's considered a spoiler to say now I get why some have been posting the season is proving a bit boring thus far.  I really wish the veterans had joined them in episode two.

• Love 3

I would have chosen these 17 for SG... Personally I don't think rookies should be able to be on SG.

1. Maddie
2. Tess
3. Lexie
4. Gina
5. Rachel A
6. Savannah
7. Jalyn
8. Cianna
9. Amber
10. Caroline
11. Ashlee
12. Rachel W
13. Daphne
14. Amanda
15. Kelcey
16. Victoria

17. Erin or Alanna

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Latest DCC in Motion. Amber (again), Alanna and Lexie. How Alanna isn't on SG, I have no idea. She's a bright performer.

https://fb.watch/295BYkue94/ 

There are very few DCC who I remember exist less than I remember Amber. Nothing about her is memorable. The only thing I remember about her is wondering why she was traveling so much during the pandemic. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

6. Savannah

oooooh SG Savannah would be fun to see. I don't know if she'll ever reach that point, but if she decides to stay for a 5th year I can see her finally getting it and then retiring.

36 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

There are very few DCC who I remember exist less than I remember Amber. Nothing about her is memorable. The only thing I remember about her is wondering why she was traveling so much during the pandemic.

Take a drink every time Amber is given a talking head on the show ... chances are you'll still be sober. 😂

• LOL 4

Rookies That Made My Team:

1. Alora-Rose
  2. Armani
  3. Ashlinn
  4. Claire W.
  5. Dani
  6. Darian
  7. Elli
  8. Jada
  9. Kelly
  10. McKenzie
  11. Sheridan

Rookies That I Am Cutting:

1. Amelia
  2. Annabelle
  3. Cassie
  4. Claire D.
  5. Jessica
  6. Marissa
  7. Shannan
  8. Sydney
  9. Tori 

Veterans That Made My Team:

1. Alanna
  2. Amanda
  3. Amber
  4. Ashlee
  5. Brennan
  6. Brianna
  7. Caroline
  8. Chandi
  9. Cici
  10. Erin
  11. Gina
  12. Hannah
  13. Jalyn
  14. Kelcey
  15. Kristin
  16. Lexie
  17. Lily
  18. Maddie
  19. Madeline M.
  20. Rachel A.
  21. Rachel W.
  22. Savannah
  23. Taylor
  24. Tess
  25. Victoria

Veterans That I Am Cutting:

1. Daphne
  2. Kat
  3. Lisa (for weight)
  4. Meredith

I am on the fence on rookies like Marissa, Jessica, and Tori. Jessica and Tori because I haven't seen more from them and Marissa because she is a good dancer but she is way too young and too immature. Veterans that I am on the fence about are Taylor, Cici, Kristin, Madeline M, and Savannah. Cici for weight and the rest for being weak dancers. In terms of Show Group, I do think that rookies should not be in Show Group and have the All-Stars who were on Show Group at one point fill in if someone on SG has to step down. But in terms of who I'd pick, girls that come to mind are...

1. Alanna
  2. Amanda
  3. Amber
  4. Ashlee
  5. Caroline
  6. Chandi
  7. Cici
  8. Erin
  9. Gina
  10. Hannah
  11. Jalyn
  12. Kelcey
  13. Lexie
  14. Maddie
  15. Rachel A.
  16. Rachel W.
  17. Tess
  18. Victoria
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lona said:

Take a drink every time Amber is given a talking head on the show ... chances are you'll still be sober. 😂

It’s really too bad that Amber didn’t get more screen time her rookie year because she’s a fabulous dancer. For me, she’s right up there with Caroline and Ashlee (and Bridget 😭) from her rookie class.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

It’s really too bad that Amber didn’t get more screen time her rookie year because she’s a fabulous dancer. For me, she’s right up there with Caroline and Ashlee (and Bridget 😭) from her rookie class.

Truth! She is a great dancer, which I think is why they don’t interview her a lot. They want “drama.” The only time they focused on her was when she flunked media day. Truly frustrating.  

• Love 7

Okay, I have a confession to make. I'm 52 and not "with it" in terms of current styles, cosmetics, hair styles, etc. But when I was watching that 15-minute compilation of the audition videos, I kept staring at their eyebrows. How much time does it take to get your eyebrows to look like that? Is it now a "thing" to have them so perfectly shaped and sculpted? If so, I'm glad I'm old and don't have to take the time to figure out how to get mine to look like that. It would take me all day! 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

It was a girl in tess training camp group but it ended up being a false positive 

Was it a false positive meaning she re-tested as negative with a second test right after the first? Or a false positive meaning positive but asymptomatic (which isn't technically a false positive but I know people call it that )

4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Was it a false positive meaning she re-tested as negative with a second test right after the first? Or a false positive meaning positive but asymptomatic (which isn't technically a false positive but I know people call it that )

Like false postive like she retested and it was negative the second time  

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Like false postive like she retested and it was negative the second time 

Thanks! interesting they shut down production then because at that point in the pandemic they could have gotten that second test back quickly and not sent everyone home. I mean if they say their safety protocols were enough then a second test is an automatic check in other bubbles. The participants are tested frequently and then if a positive is found, they halt for not more than 24 hours to wait for confirmation. Just weird to shut down for a true false positive. (not arguing with you!! - just questioning DCC)

Edited by Tuxcat
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

Thanks! interesting they shut down production then because at that point in the pandemic they could have gotten that second test back quickly and not sent everyone home. I mean if they say their safety protocols were enough then a second test is an automatic check in other bubbles. The participants are tested frequently and then if a positive is found, they halt for not more than 24 hours to wait for confirmation. Just weird to shut down for a true false positive. (not arguing with you!! - just questioning DCC)

They probably had to make her do the nasal type test and have it be sent out for confirmation 

3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I would say that their safety protocols weren't as safe as they claimed and they were afraid to be called out on it.  Plus, I think at that point, it was almost time for the bubble to end anyway.  

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

They probably had to make her do the nasal type test and have it be sent out for confirmation 

Yeah and every state is different too I guess. Here in NC (I'm a nurse), we test in the hospital with the nasal ones and can get them back within 6 hours. But we are associated with a university lab for quick turnaround. I guess DCC didn't have the connections or set up for that type of thing (unlike other true bubbles). Too bad - especially for the last cuts. 

3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would say that their safety protocols weren't as safe as they claimed and they were afraid to be called out on it.  Plus, I think at that point, it was almost time for the bubble to end anyway.  

that makes sense too; they're definitely not in a true bubble.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Yeah and every state is different too I guess. Here in NC (I'm a nurse), we test in the hospital with the nasal ones and can get them back within 6 hours. But we are associated with a university lab for quick turnaround. I guess DCC didn't have the connections or set up for that type of thing (unlike other true bubbles). Too bad - especially for the last cuts. 

that makes sense too; they're definitely not in a true bubble.

I’m a cna I work in a nursing home we test 3 days a week 

• Love 4
On 12/2/2020 at 11:51 PM, dccfan204 said:

My edit to this would be

KEEP: Dani, Jada, Elli, Claire W, Armani, Darian, Jessica, McKenzie, Alora Rose

CUT: Marissa, Sydney (solely because of her audition video, but I'm hoping I like her dancing more when I see more of her on the show!), Kat

ADD: Ashlinn, Cassie, Tori, Kelly

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

Waiting for Judy to snap and tell her to text Hailey her damn self. Won’t happen but a girl can dream. 

The fact that Kelli asks Judy to text Hailey really surprised me.

How, Why, What?!?

Doesn't Kelli have a phone glued to her hand, using it to record East Texas feedback? Why should Judy text Hailey? Maybe I am blowing this out of proportion but I see it as a horrible power trip. When Kelli asks Judy to text Hailey, Kelli is not involved in anything, she just waits for Judy to text, she just sits there.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Yeah and every state is different too I guess. Here in NC (I'm a nurse), we test in the hospital with the nasal ones and can get them back within 6 hours. But we are associated with a university lab for quick turnaround.

Not DCC related, but, as an NC girl myself thank you so much for what you do! Nurses are superheroes! ❤️

• Love 21
14 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

12 hours ago, Lona said:

Truth! She is a great dancer, which I think is why they don’t interview her a lot. They want “drama.” The only time they focused on her was when she flunked media day. Truly frustrating.  

Wasn’t Amber a TCC when she talked about wanting to go to law school and they made her do that uncomfortable talking head during uniform fittings where she says, “I’ll be a lawyer by day and a DCC at night!” Or something similar...maybe instead of by day/night it was weekday/weekend? Anyway, it was cringeworthy. (Daphne also talked about wanting to go to law school that same episode, but she’s a little more polished and they didn’t make her look like an airhead). 

Add that to a bad Ambush...I mean “Media” Day (I refuse to call it training, that in no way is training) coupled with a very awkward appearance on the podcast (the These Boots Were Made for Talking during her rookie year), and it appears to me that Amber is just a nervous and/or uncomfortable public speaker and needs a little training. Just like dancing, public speaking needs training and practice (and more practice). But it doesn’t seem like the DCC TPTB have the same philosophy. It appears to be more of a go!-talk-and-sound-polished-and-professional-but-don’t-embarrass-us-or-you’re-fired-no-pressure-lol.  

Also, although I think she is very pretty and has an amazing body, she has a very natural look and just doesn’t appear to be very “glammed up,” which is why I think she doesn’t get noticed as much as the big hair, full makeup, false eyelashes set of DCC. 

• Love 12
21 hours ago, go4luca said:

Finally had a chance to watch the 2nd episode.  Posting this here in case it's considered a spoiler to say now I get why some have been posting the season is proving a bit boring thus far.  I really wish the veterans had joined them in episode two.

I asked the Mods (and any one else who wanted to comment) in a post a day or so ago, should we just post here and not have the episodes threads for this year. It may be been voted or discussed a while ago.

Part of the enjoyment was posters commenting during the episode , but the consensuses seems to be not to watch the show live anymore . Since we are so far in the NFL season (ie we already know who made the team - so its really no need to guess the possible permutations of how to keep 49 dancers when the max is 36)  and the shorten training camp, current episodes thread have taken on a whole new meaning. Which is nothing is current.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

I feel like Amber really was a stand out last year compared to her rookie year.  Wasn't she the point to one of the hip-hop style routines?  I thought she was fabulous in that.  

Madeline M is who I constantly forget who is on the squad.  Boring!!  💤

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Okay, I have a confession to make. I'm 52 and not "with it" in terms of current styles, cosmetics, hair styles, etc. But when I was watching that 15-minute compilation of the audition videos, I kept staring at their eyebrows. How much time does it take to get your eyebrows to look like that? Is it now a "thing" to have them so perfectly shaped and sculpted? If so, I'm glad I'm old and don't have to take the time to figure out how to get mine to look like that. It would take me all day! 🤣🤣🤣

Good eyebrows enhance your face...and are not difficult to achieve....Some are born with brows that just need to tweeze for strays (my daughter has those)...some need a real overhaul from a professional, but once that's done the upkeep is usually fairly easy if you are consistent...some of these girls use microblading or tattooing (both done by a professional)...I'm 68 and take god care of mine...however, my punishment for no gray hair on my head is my brows & lashes are turning white.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Good eyebrows enhance your face...and are not difficult to achieve....Some are born with brows that just need to tweeze for strays (my daughter has those)...some need a real overhaul from a professional, but once that's done the upkeep is usually fairly easy if you are consistent...some of these girls use microblading or tattooing (both done by a professional)...I'm 68 and take god care of mine...however, my punishment for no gray hair on my head is my brows & lashes are turning white.

The eyebrow talk reminds me of when Jordan Chanley had her comma shaped ones refined during her rookie makeover. Good call👍🏼

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

All of the eyebrow talk reminds me of the makeover scene in "A League of Their Own"...Dottie & Kit are approved immediately, then the girl after them is critiqued with "Brows, thin & separate; there should be TWO!"

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Pau84 said:

The fact that Kelli asks Judy to text Hailey really surprised me.

How, Why, What?!?

Doesn't Kelli have a phone glued to her hand, using it to record East Texas feedback? Why should Judy text Hailey? Maybe I am blowing this out of proportion but I see it as a horrible power trip. When Kelli asks Judy to text Hailey, Kelli is not involved in anything, she just waits for Judy to text, she just sits there.

I do think we’re all reading too much into it, but it just comes off almost degrading.  I’m also #TeamJudy and I don’t like Kelli being so mean girlish to her!

• Useful 1
  • Love 10