Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, NC-CFD09 said:

Good point. I think this season it looks like a lot of them have had botox or fillers or something.. including Kelli. Being in that type of environment breeds insecurity I'm sure. They are all beautiful - honestly none of them needed anything. 

Last season too. It was a lot more obvious in person but more had some botox filler tweaks than didnt. 
Is it me or is VK getting thick again and that post of her kicking in the Christmas dress - dang looked like far more effort than necessary for The Bestest DCC EVER.

also forgot how square Meredith looked in the uniform. Girl has no waist and it’s wide. Her cut really does not surprise me.

Honestly beautiful Brennan - I thjnk Kelli just never liked her for whatever reason. She had a great figure, held her own in dance as much as the rest, so well spoken, accomplished, prettier than the last couple triangles well before Barbie Rachel. I think kelli never wanted her in the first place but she made a good story and was so cooperative And well mannered they could do whatever. Still salty about her and Hannah.  

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Last season too. It was a lot more obvious in person but more had some botox filler tweaks than didnt. 
Is it me or is VK getting thick again and that post of her kicking in the Christmas dress - dang looked like far more effort than necessary for The Bestest DCC EVER.

also forgot how square Meredith looked in the uniform. Girl has no waist and it’s wide. Her cut really does not surprise me.

Honestly beautiful Brennan - I thjnk Kelli just never liked her for whatever reason. She had a great figure, held her own in dance as much as the rest, so well spoken, accomplished, prettier than the last couple triangles well before Barbie Rachel. I think kelli never wanted her in the first place but she made a good story and was so cooperative And well mannered they could do whatever. Still salty about her and Hannah.  

Thank you for pointing that out! She looks like she would get winded so easily. She does look like she is getting thicker, but I doubt Auntie Kelli will pull her or cut her for any reason. I am just sick and tired of having her showcased like she is the best DCC that they have ever had! Ugh! 🙄

Edited by rl27rl
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Thank you for pointing that out! She looks like she would get winded so easily. She does look like she is getting thicker, but I doubt Auntie Kelli will pull her or cut her for any reason. I am just sick and tired of having her showcased like she is the best DCC that they have ever had! Ugh! 🙄

The IG comments on that one are shockingly not all fawningly in her favor

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Opine said:

I think Kelli has spent a lot of time in boats and other outdoor endeavors.  Her neck and chest (and hands) are much older looking than her face and hair.

This!!! I was going to write something to this effect, she definitely is covering up her skin. To be honest I never much cared for her Belk styling anyhow... 

• Love 4

"I feel like I'm grasping it a LITTLE more this year, but there are still minor hiccups here and there."

Just imagine a 2nd-year Melissa Wallace or a 2nd-year Nicole Hamilton saying those words. Or actually, imagine any 2nd-year from any season say that on screen. I don't even care that Meredith gets cut soon. Good lord, this organization is not like it once was. I'm just don't see myself carrying on beyond this season ... if I even make it to this year's finale.

Also, hey TPTB (K&J, CMT)! If you really are monitoring these boards please note the lower interest in this season. Episode thread and spoiler thread are filled with comments about JEANS. That's right. Not cheerleading. Not cheerleaders ... JEANS. Something has to change. Any ideas?
(And yes I know COVID really impacted things. But come on ... 😂)

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 13
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

The more I think about it, in a couple of previous seasons, it’s showed Kelli recommending and telling girls to get work done. Like when she had Colby in asking about what work she’d had done although she hadn’t - but there was some girls she recommended get Botox and told them to have it in their forehead. I just can’t remember which season it was 

• Love 1

Hi! Longtime lurker and show watcher here. I have been in the NFL Cheerleading industry and just about every other cheerleading industry there is and I wanted to post some possible explanations for some of the veteran cuts. I know when you're trying out for a team you're pretty much competing against your demographic(hair color, build, etc) and most teams do not want two people who look too much alike(I don't just mean hair color, I mean the overall appearance) unless they are trying to play off a "twin" situation. So if you notice they put Hannah and Claire in the same group who are both more curvy, more pale, redheads with amazing technique. They had Dani and Victoria in the same group(long legged blondes) Shannan and Meredith, Lexi and Jessica, Lisa and Cassie(they don't look alike but from a field perspective), etc you'll see the pattern if you pay attention, Kelli even made a comment saying she'd take Meredith over Shannan. So I believe the ultimate decision came down to Claire vs Hannah. Hannah voicing her concerns with the virus probably didn't help her in this situation, especially when it was a more competitive year as far as upping the glam of the team. I'm sure they looked for any reason to cut who they wanted to cut to make room for who they wanted. Which as unfair as it can seem, it's just the industry. I'm sure I could be explaining this better/more examples but you get the point lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Amandared said:

The IG comments on that one are shockingly not all fawningly in her favor

And the one that are, they're SUPER creepy.  I could never be a public figure...bad enough having a not private insta profile.  the DM's I get are bad enough and 90% of my posts are quilt progress pics!

Also, Lisa's outfit makes me die a little inside.  Styling those jeans with a completely different top would have improved it at least a little.  A loose top like that with a wide bottom jean is not at all flattering, either.  Maybe if she'd done a loose cardigan over a fitted tank underneath?  I don't even know what would make it better.  Of all of the DCC, I think she makes the oddest clothing choices.  It's her life and her wardrobe, though, so whatever.  But for an on camera day, do better girl!  

And I'm super shocked that Brennan rolled in so casual, she's usually all in for the fashionista choices!  Even if I don't always like her outfits, they're usually thoughtfully done and nicely tailored for her figure.  She always pays attention to fit.  Even if she wasn't expecting to be on camera that soon, I'm surprised she wasn't more pulled together since she ALWAYS is.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Is Marshall shooting them side eye?  And Judy seems to be watching Kelli to see what her response should be🙄

never noticed that before...I swear now it looks like Judy is looking over either shocked, disappointed, or whatever disapproving look until Kelli laughs it off.  I go back & forth with Judy regarding if I feel sorry for her or not.   She's got a fancy title but looks like she's treated like Kelli's admin assistant. 

• Love 13

Who had “Arrogant Jeans” in their 2020 DCC bubble bingo? 

I derailed the thread with denim. Next week, I’m going for belts or a hair clip or something. Lord, people are doing Twister levels of reading into things to prove a point. 😂

• LOL 21
1 hour ago, GaveIn said:

I go back & forth with Judy regarding if I feel sorry for her or not.   She's got a fancy title but looks like she's treated like Kelli's admin assistant. 

Or Kelli's "please text so and so" lackey.

• Love 6

So here are some of my thoughts on Episode 3 that are spoiler based, so I'll say it here.

1. Alora-Rose is the next Meredith. I will predict that she'll be a One Year Wonder.
2. I think Sheridan got cut cause she got on Kelli's bad side.
3. Hannah was AMAZING in the three seconds we saw her dancing, so I still don't get why she got cut. Same thing with Brennan and Lily. Ugh when Lily had her confessional, it broke my heart.
4. Also, I am still not seeing why Kelly got cut. I WILL ROOT FOR HER UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!!!!! (or until the day she royally messes up to the point of no return)

Yeah that's basically it.

6 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIlh93nHsee/?igshid=555dbfqjtus4

Okay Kelli must be blind at this point. 

YES I saw this on IG and I am like her technique is AWFUL. I am not even a dancer and I can tell that this was just bad. 

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, vanillagum said:

that's...really cringey. she must just love seeing herself on tv because if i were her i'd very quietly move on

I’d love to see her as a Rockette, I honestly think she’d thrive there with her technique and skill level and the style of dance is so much more her ability than the Pom/hip hop of DCC 

She’s a fabulous dancer and a beautiful woman and honestly she deserves more than the DCC, as most of their dancers do

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

So here are some of my thoughts on Episode 3 that are spoiler based, so I'll say it here.

1. Alora-Rose is the next Meredith. I will predict that she'll be a One Year Wonder.
3. Hannah was AMAZING in the three seconds we saw her dancing, so I still don't get why she got cut. Same thing with Brennan and Lily. Ugh when Lily had her confessional, it broke my heart.
4. Also, I am still not seeing why Kelly got cut. I WILL ROOT FOR HER UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!!!!! (or until the day she royally messes up to the point of no return)

YES I saw this on IG and I am like her technique is AWFUL. I am not even a dancer and I can tell that this was just bad. 

You know it’s sad when the other DCC comment and they only compliment your physical attributes “legs for days, look at those legs” not like wow gorgeous kicks that’s the way we do it etc

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

If Maddie stays natural she's called a Cabbage Patch Doll, if she gets some work done she get's call vapid and fake. I think the women need to do what's feels good for them. 

Super unpopular opinion but Maddie is one of my faves 😬

She’s beautiful in her own way (I would honestly kill for her hair...), I’ve never had any problems with her developing into a fuller but still toned figure (she started on this show at 18 people of course her body is going to change) and she seems pretty grounded and does good work for causes the definitely need more attention brought to them. 
I know she’s said some cringe things in past but she was 18-19 and probably being away from home for the first time. Stepping out for the first time from the watchful eye of your parents or even church can be a big move in allowing people to finally grow.

I definitely hope she’s grown up and been able to form her own adult opinions and thoughts on things but yeah, still one of my faves lol

• Love 11
8 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Knowing how Lisa is a kiss up to Kelli I am not surprised she wore jeans with stars thinking Kelli would be impressed that her whole world is DCC.  I laughed so hard when I saw these, no one would be caught dead anyplace in Dallas wearing those.

vlcsnap-2020-12-08-23h36m45s931.jpg.55af0b7ca475bf52c3b5a333a054694d.jpg.f47c161846abe5721dcaaec2d54cc569.jpg

Lisa WHAT 😂🤣💀

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Back in late August, a hit and run poster shared the timeline of events during training camp and (so far) it's accurate.

Its very accurate which means I am not looking forward to the next few weeks. Don't want to see the Hannah forgets how to dance edit. Or the "Dance for your Life" episode in a pandemic... I mean really DCC.  How about "the point Maddie messes up behind the too exuberant Marissa edit?" No spotlight on that of course.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I’d love to see her as a Rockette, I honestly think she’d thrive there with her technique and skill level and the style of dance is so much more her ability than the Pom/hip hop of DCC 

She’s a fabulous dancer and a beautiful woman and honestly she deserves more than the DCC, as most of their dancers do

If you watch closely, you can catch Alora-Rose in here a few times. She seems to be a smooth dancer, but it's hard to say based on just a few seconds of footage. I think the high-impact DCC style is out of her comfort zone -- she's not the first who has been like this. Either way, I feel certain she'll go back to New York when she gets the chance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, realityjunkie771 said:

If you watch closely, you can catch Alora-Rose in here a few times. She seems to be a smooth dancer, but it's hard to say based on just a few seconds of footage. I think the high-impact DCC style is out of her comfort zone -- she's not the first who has been like this. Either way, I feel certain she'll go back to New York when she gets the chance.

I was talking abt Meredith but cool video!

4 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Ok, this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I think Kelly got cut because the camera does not love her face.  She is not HD ready, as Kelly would say.

I love her energy and spirit, but...  (cue the chirping crickets)

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

In the most recent episode (#3), was that Lisa in the front before learning the new choreo? I noticed some over-enthusiastic and borderline aggressive head nodding. Is she even aware that she’s like... being disgustingly hype? 

Lisa, relaaaaax pls. And if it’s not Lisa, whoever you are, my statement still stands 😤

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95245ad0be8786fa52613

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Ok I couldn't make it through episode 3 and I think I've decided not to bother watching the rest of the season. What they've shown of Hannah and Brennan so far doesn't warrant cuts and I don't care how they spin it in the edits. They're seriously going to ignore the other vets mistake, constantly correct Kat and yet still allow her to make the team? I'm starting to understand a lot of the rookie decisions but I don't care enough about any of them to keep watching. This season is an absolute mess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, TB12 said:

My two cents i'm sad that Sheridan seems to have morphed into Emily, with her sickle feet who tried out twice & was cut, the one who danced for the Mavs, I got such odd vibes from her but I'll chalk it up to nerves bc I've been rooting for her since her first audition but 'girl' better check herself!

Also is it me or has Kat put some weight on, again, not fat shaming she looks heavier by DCC standards or did she have her boobs done? Maybe that's what is making her look bigger to me... 

Why must everyone hate on Kat?

• Love 5
18 hours ago, vanillagum said:

that post is so bizarre lmao

also wow it's so cool they're finally giving victoria some shine ❤️ she's been really hidden!

I know this is a super unpopular opinion.. but I actually like Victoria a lot lol. She's gorgeous and can definitely dance. I know there is some nepotism going on with her for sure, but I think she probably would have made the team whether she knew Kelli or not. She got a lot of attention from the show because of her relationship with Kelli so a lot of her mistakes were shown (such as her weight/immaturity), but some of the other girls probably made similar ones and it just never got air time. Nobody kill me for this haha!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Ok one more jeans comment - Brennan's "mom jeans" are on trend as is the black tank. Really - some chunky sandals and dangly earrings and we'd be having a whole different discussion!

I agree1000%

• Love 5
12 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I agree, tbh. That seems much more up her alley. She would look amazing as a Rockette. She doesn't seem the DCC type at all, but I guess high profile dance jobs are hard to come by, especially in your late 20s? 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

giphy.gif

That first nanosecond, Judy is shocked. It's a look that says, "This TCC candidate can't possibly go any further after THAT!" Then she sees her boss's face, and hears her remark, and it's "Haha! You're right ! So funny!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Eh, I really don't think she would've. No chance in hell anyone who looked and acted like her in season 13 would've been brought into training camp, let alone stayed around that long. She was like an overeager puppy dog and she had legit rolls—she was very blatantly out of shape/not meeting their standards. 

So subsequently, she wouldn't have made it to season 14 without connections. No one would've given her a second chance—they barely would've given her a FIRST, if at all. 

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Season 13 she was a little bit of a hot mess, but season 14 she had it more together. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

That first nanosecond, Judy is shocked. It's a look that says, "This TCC candidate can't possibly go any further after THAT!" Then she sees her boss's face, and hears her remark, and it's "Haha! You're right ! So funny!"

I hadn't noticed this but I completely agree! 

It has been mentioned before but TPTB seem nicer in rehearsals this year. They also seem more distant when cutting girls. I guess with such a short training camp they aren't building the same relationships they would have in past years. 

I also appreciate that they aren't talking about weight/figure as much this year as they have in past years. 

Every time an episode ends my thought it basically "that's it?". It feels fluffy and empty this year, with no real content. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, NC-CFD09 said:

I know this is a super unpopular opinion.. but I actually like Victoria a lot lol. She's gorgeous and can definitely dance. I know there is some nepotism going on with her for sure, but I think she probably would have made the team whether she knew Kelli or not. She got a lot of attention from the show because of her relationship with Kelli so a lot of her mistakes were shown (such as her weight/immaturity), but some of the other girls probably made similar ones and it just never got air time. Nobody kill me for this haha!

Me too! I think she is beautiful and is a great dancer. Love the show. Love Kelli and Judy. I have enjoyed watching this season. Sad about vet cuts like I always am, but excited for the rookies. They are great! 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

The Brennan 'discourse' is so weird to me. Maybe my girl was underdressed, but I don't think less of her LOL. It's funny, so many people go on and on about how crappy K&J are and how archaic their rules and expectations are, but then gasp in horror if someone DARES to wear JEANS in their presence? Seriously? 

She was carrying bags and moving into a hotel to kick off her next season as a disturbingly underpaid CHEERLEADER. Sorry she wasn't wearing the finest silks. 

Agreed. Unless they were told that they wouldn’t have time to change between moving in and the meeting, wearing jeans seems understandable to me. 

Now, it probably makes sense to wear a sundress - something that can be dressed down with cute flats/sandals or dressed up with wedges/heels to any DCC event unless otherwise told, but I’m not going to call her arrogant for wearing jeans to move in. Not like she wore exercise shorts and a Nike tank top, which is what I would wear to move a bunch of stuff in the summer heat! 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:
  1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

The Brennan 'discourse' is so weird to me. Maybe my girl was underdressed, but I don't think less of her LOL. It's funny, so many people go on and on about how crappy K&J are and how archaic their rules and expectations are, but then gasp in horror if someone DARES to wear JEANS in their presence? Seriously? 

She was carrying bags and moving into a hotel to kick off her next season as a disturbingly underpaid CHEERLEADER. Sorry she wasn't wearing the finest silks. 

7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. Unless they were told that they wouldn’t have time to change between moving in and the meeting, wearing jeans seems understandable to me. 

Now, it probably makes sense to wear a sundress - something that can be dressed down with cute flats/sandals or dressed up with wedges/heels to any DCC event unless otherwise told, but I’m not going to call her arrogant for wearing jeans to move in. Not like she wore exercise shorts and a Nike tank top, which is what I would wear to move a bunch of stuff in the summer heat! 

Let's conclude that Brennan is not perfect.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2