Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, Pau84 said:

The fact that Kelli asks Judy to text Hailey really surprised me.

How, Why, What?!?

Doesn't Kelli have a phone glued to her hand, using it to record East Texas feedback? Why should Judy text Hailey? Maybe I am blowing this out of proportion but I see it as a horrible power trip. When Kelli asks Judy to text Hailey, Kelli is not involved in anything, she just waits for Judy to text, she just sits there.

Is that Hailey Anderson, Charlotte's daughter?

• Useful 2
30 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Is that Hailey Anderson, Charlotte's daughter?

oh no... next generation of Joneses is reporting to work - already is an  "officer" according to linkedin.. 

K&J need to play nicey-nice

I'm waiting for her cousin John Stephen Jones - to finish his 2-3 years as QB at Ark to show up on the roster 🍿

image.thumb.png.2f9ea6a6be114d834f2235fe8ef92666.png

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sATL said:

oh no... next generation of Joneses is reporting to work - already is an  "officer" according to linkedin.. 

K&J need to play nicey-nice

I'm waiting for her cousin John Stephen Jones - to finish his 2-3 years as QB at Ark to show up on the roster 🍿

image.thumb.png.2f9ea6a6be114d834f2235fe8ef92666.png

So is Haley staying in the bubble?  Can’t imagine her staying in the rooms at that Gaylord DCC designated tower.  Are thee VIP rooms fro Kelli, Judy, and Kelli?  Are the girls in the standard budget ones?  Are the accommodations and meals sponsored?  How are the girls fed and treated?  

On 11/22/2020 at 2:50 PM, cherryblossom said:

I just don’t think anyTPTB are looking at this forum as over & over again we have pointed out over & over again the social media errors but the hits keep on coming without there being any improvement, in fact it seems to have escalated.

Oh no they definitely do. We had some girls commenting as well, but the latest case in point is Marissa’s videos being taken down when we started criticizing them. And it wasnt the first time this has happened.

On 11/30/2020 at 1:03 AM, Trixi said:

And this is the reason I don’t consider them world class just really, really good😂. To bring on a weak dancer just due to looks, and there have been many over the years, diminishes the rest of the dancers talent. 

Well let’s be real, they are only there to be eye candies. It’s easy to find good (and even great) dancers with good looks. But when you have a top notch dancer like Gina and you sideline her due to her looks but put Lexie and Rachel upfront... Yeah the team isn’t about dancing obviously. And I have nothing against Rachel as a dcc (as a person, well...) BUT as much as she improved after her rookie season, she really isn’t powerful or “sparkly” enough to be point. She just photographs well.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:47 AM, forumborum said:

Marissa is over the rope she is one of those that gives the impression she is dancing as a team but makes her moves just enough different she stands out aka Holly P, Erica 

Don’t you dare compare Holly and Erica to this! Well I’m kinda joking. But Holly was actually dumbing doing her dancing during her group performances and was blending really well with the others. As with Erica, I don’t recall her adding moves or straying in any way. Aaand also, Marissa could only wish she could be at their level dance wise. She’s not terrible but she’s not on their level in any way.

On 12/1/2020 at 3:34 PM, NC-CFD09 said:

I'm curious as to who you all think will retire after this season? 

My list of possibilities is: 

Tess

Gina - probably not but who knows.. she already has had SG and been a GL... it's not likely she'll get point or pro-bowl so she might as well give it up

Maddie 

Cianna - cut from SG .. signals issues

Jalyn - didn't make it back on SG and potentially humiliated over it on the show.. constantly punished for unknown reasons

Kristen - Talked about negatively.. made to "dance for her life"

Briana - Talked about negatively.. made to "dance for her life"

Lexie 

Savannah

Rachel A

Alanna - maybe not, but she is really close with Lily.. so i'm sure that upset her. K&J never give her anything too special. 

I know its a super weird season to end on.. but it probably has been even more stress than usual and who knows if 2021 will end up being any better. I wouldn't be surprised if we had some shocker retirements too that I didn't consider.

Briana will retire for sure imo. She was extremely vocal about her opinion on Brennan and Hannah’s cuts, if she goes back for a 4th season she will be cut for sure. Tess for me will retire and Gina should do as she isn’t getting a better position in the triangle and certainly won’t get pbc. Although, if she’s happy with her GL status, I could see her doing another season to get to 5 years and do a normal round as GL.

And well I hope Maddie retires. We had three years of her in the triangle, I can’t endure more.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:57 PM, go4luca said:

Can't speak for anyone else but that isn't why I don't like Marissa.  She can dance okay (I've seen better), but I find some of her moves jerky.  The main reason she doesn't fly with me is I cannot get past how fugly she is.  Period.  That grimace of hers when she smiles big looks like she has constipation.  Plus her Mom and her Mom's friends during their times infiltrating various DCC discussion groups really put me off.  I hope Marissa is a one and done.  She cannot be gone soon enough.

That’s exactly how I feel. She’s an ok dancer but in order to dance big she comes off a bit s******. And well, with that face (excuse me but, oh well), I expected someone at Gina’s level or even beyond. I can’t believe we lost Hannah, who may not be everyone’s cup of tea but she was sexy as hell AND an amazing dancer... and we got this instead.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:35 PM, dccfan204 said:

A few random questions/thoughts:

1. Does anyone know what happened with Ashlinn? She seems to be amazing so far and she has only received positive feedback.

2. What happened with Jalyn? She went from being a favorite her rookie year and now it seems like K&J don't like her? Is it just because of how she reacted to getting cut from SG?

3. Did something happen with Caroline? Kashara wanted her to be point so I'm surprised she isn't splitting it with Maddie.

4. When did Rachel W become one of the power-house dancers? I don't remember her getting much positive feedback on the show?

5. Why is Savannah not on SG? She's farther up in the triangle than Victoria, Chandi, and Kelcey which doesn't really make sense?

I want to answer 4&5. Rachel isn’t powerful enough to be point. While I’m happy we got someone extremely photogenic after having Amy and Maddie share point... She’s not strong enough to be up there and it’s a shame when we still have girls that have both the looks and the dance ability.

As for 5, Savannah isn’t a good dancer, period. SG shouldn’t be about seniority and it’s bad enough that GLs automatically get it. Which in normal circumstances is fine because GLs used to be the top of the top and now it’s more about “hmm who do we have left from the upper classes? Wait who is that extremely tall brunette whose head looks to big for her body? Tess? We had a Tess on the team? For the past 4 years? Really? Well she can be a GL i guess”. But yeah they shouldn’t be adding all upper vets to the mix as well just because they haven’t decided to leave yet.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

I’m pretty sure Amber’s Instagram says she graduated law school. I think she’s not shown much on the show so she can practice law and be a DCC. I’m sure if she was featured they would have said something to embarrass her that her boss wouldn’t approve of. 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Someone on Reddit said Maddie had breast enhancement done recently.  I have no idea if this is true.

I hope not for Maddie’s sake, especially not mid season. Someone I know who had a boob job had to wear sports bras for ages to help them and apparently it’s part of post recovery? They don’t wear bras under their training attire and obviously can’t go wearing a sports bra on game day. She’d be wasting her money 

• Love 3
On 12/2/2020 at 2:48 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I think more people dropped cable or CMT, and now have to wait for the ep to be downloaded.

Yep. I think that’s part of it. I have YouTubeTv, which recently added CMT, so I recorded it and watched it later. Also, the show changed to a new day, looks different, and is airing much later in the year than it usually does. There’s a reason why shows tend to air on the same days/times and season. People have habits, and when networks change too many things, they can lose people. Although, other programs have had ratings issues this year as well, so some of it is probably covid related if the ratings are down. It’s just an odd year. People’s routines are completely different than they were in March.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Any body know if the TCC who postponed taking the studying for taking the CPA exam, resumed her studies ?

Anybody know if DCC Lisa is working as a Bio-med engineer ? 

5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Wait who is that extremely tall brunette whose head looks to big for her body? Tess? We had a Tess on the team? For the past 4 years? Really? Well she can be a GL i guess”. But yeah they shouldn’t be adding all upper vets to the mix as well just because they haven’t decided to leave yet.

Exactly re the head.....I don't like her look AT ALL.  And (this probably isn't her fault) but I think they should have left her hair curly.  If it is so curly that you can't straighten the hairline, don't wear it straight.  

4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Someone on Reddit said Maddie had breast enhancement done recently.  I have no idea if this is true.

And what would her church say about that?  If she wears her bolt ons with grace that's ok?  hahahaha just be a smarta$$ on that.  If you will be a happier person if you get a little plastic surgery, go for it!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Katmcc said:

I’m pretty sure Amber’s Instagram says she graduated law school. I think she’s not shown much on the show so she can practice law and be a DCC. I’m sure if she was featured they would have said something to embarrass her that her boss wouldn’t approve of. 

I think Amber is currently pursuing a master's degree at a law school. She posted about it back in July. 

37 minutes ago, sATL said:

Any body know if the TCC who postponed taking the studying for taking the CPA exam, resumed her studies ?

Anybody know if DCC Lisa is working as a Bio-med engineer ? 

Ellis was the TCC who was taking the CPA exam. I'm not sure but I hope so. According to this article, Lisa was working as a medical scribe when she was on the Mavs, and from what I remember from DCC takeovers she's doing something similar now.

https://prodancecheer.com/nba/mavericks/pdc-meet-dancers-lisa-dallas-mavericks-dancers/

Being a medical scribe does not require an engineering degree, but I think she mentioned that she eventually wants to go to PT school. So, this may be a good way for her to gain healthcare experience while she's a pro dancer. I know some pre-med students choose to scribe during college to gain experience for their applications.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yep. I think that’s part of it. I have YouTubeTv, which recently added CMT, so I recorded it and watched it later. Also, the show changed to a new day, looks different, and is airing much later in the year than it usually does. There’s a reason why shows tend to air on the same days/times and season. People have habits, and when networks change too many things, they can lose people. Although, other programs have had ratings issues this year as well, so some of it is probably covid related if the ratings are down. It’s just an odd year. People’s routines are completely different than they were in March.

I watched the first episode when it was free on CMT, but otherwise will not go out of my way to watch the rest of the season (and will definitely not purchase it).  This is coming from a former die-hard who owns nearly every season on iTunes and has watched religiously since Season 1.  Not only has COVID changed habits across the board, but I also feel that COVID has exposed K&J and this show in a way that I'm just not interested in supporting anymore.

• Love 18

Let me ask different way - Would it had been best not to air the MTT show at all this season b/c they had to make modifications due to COVID? Meaning sometimes nothing is better than something.

I guess the thought  was the show - ( ie ALL SHOWS) - when they were allowed to film again, were working in COVID, and other news stories of what happened in 2020, the  best way they could.. I guess I can't see a fault for trying. Otherwise, its no telling what re-run of a show they networks would have put on air.

Edited by sATL

My predictions for who will retire:

5th years: Maddie and Tess

4th years: Lexie and Rachel A (and probably Savannah)

3rd years: Alanna (and possibly Cianna, Jalyn, Taylor, and Briana)

2nd years and rookies: none

• Love 2
5 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Not only has COVID changed habits across the board, but I also feel that COVID has exposed K&J and this show in a way that I'm just not interested in supporting anymore.

Thanks for saying this. I will always admire and respect the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Wish I could say the same for K&J ...

• Love 10
On 12/3/2020 at 10:40 PM, Tuxcat said:

Thanks! interesting they shut down production then because at that point in the pandemic they could have gotten that second test back quickly and not sent everyone home. I mean if they say their safety protocols were enough then a second test is an automatic check in other bubbles. The participants are tested frequently and then if a positive is found, they halt for not more than 24 hours to wait for confirmation. Just weird to shut down for a true false positive. (not arguing with you!! - just questioning DCC)

See, that's what I don't understand about them shutting the bubble down and sending everyone home. If that was a REAL positive, they possibly just created a super spreader event by breaking the bubble instead of quarantining everyone for the required 2 weeks or until they received the second swab back and found it to be a false positive. My sister is an ER/ICU nurse and her husband is a medic in the army, they've both been tested multiple times now because of potential symptoms and it only took 48hrs to get the results back (this is Canada just fyi lol). While waiting on their results they BOTH quarantined at home with neighbours and friends bringing them necessities until their negative test came back.

Keeping the bubble shut down and not letting anyone in or out (like they SHOULD have been doing since the beginning!!!!) for those potential 48hrs makes much more sense than sending everyone home to potentially expose their family and friends to Covid. The sheer stupidity of it all just boggles me.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

According to this article, Lisa was working as a medical scribe when she was on the Mavs, and from what I remember from DCC takeovers she's doing something similar now.

https://prodancecheer.com/nba/mavericks/pdc-meet-dancers-lisa-dallas-mavericks-dancers/

Being a medical scribe does not require an engineering degree, but I think she mentioned that she eventually wants to go to PT school. So, this may be a good way for her to gain healthcare experience while she's a pro dancer. I know some pre-med students choose to scribe during college to gain experience for their applications.

When Lexie made TC she was a medical scribe also. I don't know of she does it anymore.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Opine said:

And what would her church say about that?  If she wears her bolt ons with grace that's ok?  hahahaha just be a smarta$$ on that.  If you will be a happier person if you get a little plastic surgery, go for it!

So when I was in the lingerie buying office at Nordstrom, our Salt Lake store had the biggest volume in post surgery recovery garments and “petite full busted” aka implants. Appearance is VERY important to many in the community! I was always so fascinated by their sales, tho, because I assumed it would be LA or Dallas. Lol. 

In season seems like such a terrible time for that procedure tho, sheesh. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 12/3/2020 at 1:04 PM, NC-CFD09 said:

I also think that scene with KaShara was heavily edited byt CMT

I think Kash may have given them more than one recommendation. One of the guest choreographers chose 3 different girls for point. I think it may have been Charm. 

• Love 1

RE: the bigger picture of NFL Cheerleaders - 

"Patriots Saddened to Announce the Passing of Cheerleading Director Tracy Sormanti"

source:  https://www.patriots.com/news/patriots-saddened-to-announce-the-passing-of-cheerleading-director-tracy-sormant

"Sormanti, a Rhode Island native, first joined the organization in 1983 as a Patriots cheerleader. She was a member of the Patriots cheerleading squad from 1983-84 and again from 1991-93, concluding her cheerleading career by representing the Patriots at the 1993 Pro Bowl. Shortly after Kraft bought the team in 1994, he named Sormanti the cheerleading director.

Over the past 27 seasons, Sormanti's squads have performed at 10 Super Bowls, visited more than 30 countries and two dozen foreign operating bases on military tours, and made thousands of community appearances. As the Patriots' on-field successes multiplied over the years, so too did interest in the Patriots Cheerleaders program. Sormanti developed an intense "bootcamp" audition process – which included everything from dance, to public speaking, to exams on the rules of football and Patriots history – and attracted hundreds of potential cheerleaders annually. She also created the Patriots Junior Cheerleaders program and a partnership with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute that raised more than $400,000 for cancer research through the clinics she hosted.

As director, Sormanti shaped the Patriots Cheerleaders program through her own core values: commitment, dedication, accountability, responsibility and a positive attitude. Her tenure was defined by her commitment to the community above all. She developed a program that taught incoming cheerleaders how to be goodwill ambassadors for the organization and placed as much of an emphasis on community service and engagement as on excellence in dance and cheer skills."

Edited by sATL
4 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

See, that's what I don't understand about them shutting the bubble down and sending everyone home. If that was a REAL positive, they possibly just created a super spreader event by breaking the bubble instead of quarantining everyone for the required 2 weeks or until they received the second swab back and found it to be a false positive. My sister is an ER/ICU nurse and her husband is a medic in the army, they've both been tested multiple times now because of potential symptoms and it only took 48hrs to get the results back (this is Canada just fyi lol). While waiting on their results they BOTH quarantined at home with neighbors and friends bringing them necessities until their negative test came back.

Keeping the bubble shut down and not letting anyone in or out (like they SHOULD have been doing since the beginning!!!!) for those potential 48hrs makes much more sense than sending everyone home to potentially expose their family and friends to Covid. The sheer stupidity of it all just boggles me.

Who made the call for the bubble shutdown? K&J ?  I'm trying to understand how did COVID make K&J more money or ego hungry than before. Yes - COVID has created a profit for some, made a some people greedier, and/or holding on to their coin tighter than before, but I think some of K&J's $$ "ambition" was there before COVID.

In GA - during the summer - everyone was kinda making their own rules at one point... This store wanted a mask, this one didn't , this county said public places wanted a mask, this one didn't... Governor said one capacity limit, mayor said another...  local health dept differed due to the rates,  So our hotel industry - which is quite large here, due to the conventions, probably also differed among each other as they also made up for a greater portion the unemployment figures. One day there was a rule, the next day, it was a different rule. I could see the Gayland? hotel, where bubble camp was held being on alot of people radars, if an outbreak occurred.

Edited by sATL
48 minutes ago, sATL said:

"Patriots Saddened to Announce the Passing of Cheerleading Director Tracy Sormanti"

source:  https://www.patriots.com/news/patriots-saddened-to-announce-the-passing-of-cheerleading-director-tracy-sormant

:Sormanti, a Rhode Island native, first joined the organization in 1983 as a Patriots cheerleader. She was a member of the Patriots cheerleading squad from 1983-84 and again from 1991-93, concluding her cheerleading career by representing the Patriots at the 1993 Pro Bowl. Shortly after Kraft bought the team in 1994, he named Sormanti the cheerleading director.

Over the past 27 seasons, Sormanti's squads have performed at 10 Super Bowls, visited more than 30 countries and two dozen foreign operating bases on military tours, and made thousands of community appearances. As the Patriots' on-field successes multiplied over the years, so too did interest in the Patriots Cheerleaders program. Sormanti developed an intense "bootcamp" audition process – which included everything from dance, to public speaking, to exams on the rules of football and Patriots history – and attracted hundreds of potential cheerleaders annually. She also created the Patriots Junior Cheerleaders program and a partnership with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute that raised more than $400,000 for cancer research through the clinics she hosted.

As director, Sormanti shaped the Patriots Cheerleaders program through her own core values: commitment, dedication, accountability, responsibility and a positive attitude. Her tenure was defined by her commitment to the community above all. She developed a program that taught incoming cheerleaders how to be goodwill ambassadors for the organization and placed as much of an emphasis on community service and engagement as on excellence in dance and cheer skills."

I watched the making of the team k and j should take some tips from her on how to treat the ladies on their team she seemed like a very caring and compationate director 

• Love 8
On 12/4/2020 at 3:53 PM, Trixi said:

The eyebrow talk reminds me of when Jordan Chanley had her comma shaped ones refined during her rookie makeover. Good call👍🏼

I believe that was Brittany Evans with the "comma shaped" brows (just saw that episode a few days ago on Pluto 😎)

• Love 6
20 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Not only has COVID changed habits across the board, but I also feel that COVID has exposed K&J and this show in a way that I'm just not interested in supporting anymore.

I totally understand this viewpoint, but for me, I don't feel like COVID exposed K&J because I think everything that the DCCs have done is in character with what we've seen for 10 years+. I primarily watch for dance, and I have enjoyed the dance in the first 2 episodes this season. But in terms of K&J and Charlotte - I think they have viewed the DCCs as a marketing product for many, many years now. The usual summer-long training camp pressure cooker, when they know full well that could pick a "part-time" team in a fraction of that time, is itself proof of that, IMO.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Jessied84 said:

I believe that was Brittany Evans with the "comma shaped" brows (just saw that episode a few days ago on Pluto 😎)

Lol! Thanks! As I was typing that I was thinking maybe I had the wrong girl😄

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I totally understand this viewpoint, but for me, I don't feel like COVID exposed K&J because I think everything that the DCCs have done is in character with what we've seen for 10 years+. I primarily watch for dance, and I have enjoyed the dance in the first 2 episodes this season. But in terms of K&J and Charlotte - I think they have viewed the DCCs as a marketing product for many, many years now. The usual summer-long training camp pressure cooker, when they know full well that could pick a "part-time" team in a fraction of that time, is itself proof of that, IMO.   

I agree the Cowboys use the DCC as a marketing tool (makes sense, really), but the long training camp pressure cooker existed before MTT and the cameras ever arrived.  They play it up for ratings, but it's not only because of the show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Medical scribe you can do from home with basically no degree just some training. Good option for someone who needs a flexible schedule.

Maddie and implants? Good grief she annoys me more and more each day. But might as well w h the other stuff she’s tweaked. So much for modesty and grace but that ships done sailed.

Rachel W is perfect point not from dance, which I personally think like Jackie Bob to some degree, her struggles were invented for the show. Her technique is fine, power decent and most important she never takes a bad pic so she’s perfect for the most photographed spot. Plus she can speak in sentences, unlike Maddie. I thjnk she comes off a little arrogant and snooty but she is what they need for branding. 

I’m gunning for Amanda at point, bc she looks like she’s having so much fun AKA Bridget plus can dance and has the best body on the team at the moment.

Unpopular but I like Marisa. She has the look as much as Maddie, Amy, Gina, Etc and they can glam her up like Tess, Lexie, Alanna, Rachel not W, Etc. 

I was ready to be fully irritated by Alora but like her too. Jada I want to love but there’s a teeny bit of underlying smug I can’t get out of my head. Maybe bc she looks just like my sister 😂😂😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I agree the Cowboys use the DCC as a marketing tool (makes sense, really), but the long training camp pressure cooker existed before MTT and the cameras ever arrived.  They play it up for ratings, but it's not only because of the show.

Was it? I thought someone posted a while back that the audition process changed with the show. Lots of teams have training camps where the team prepares for the season, but to still be cutting ppl throughout and pretending like they can’t assess abilities enough to cut someone six weeks in? Goodness! If they’ve always waited until August to cut ppl, then they’re even worse than I thought lol.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Was it? I thought someone posted a while back that the audition process changed with the show. Lots of teams have training camps where the team prepares for the season, but to still be cutting ppl throughout and pretending like they can’t assess abilities enough to cut someone six weeks in? Goodness! If they’ve always waited until August to cut ppl, then they’re even worse than I thought lol.

But isn't that life though? Life of being employed by someone else ? Cuts can and probably should happen any time  , at the employer's discretion.

Sad to say in a few short weeks, the NFL is going to be cutting coaches and possibly GMs. It happens every year. It doesn't take a full season to realize something is wrong but for some reason people get dangled/stringed along until some date. Players contracts won't be renewed... NFL = Not For Long...

Actually I guess that is one thing I can say for our team - coach was cut (ie fired) in week 6

Edited by sATL
18 minutes ago, sATL said:

But isn't that life though? Life of being employed by someone else ? Cuts can and probably should happen any time  , at the employer's discretion.

Sad to say in a few short weeks, the NFL is going to be cutting coaches and possibly GMs. It happens every year. It doesn't take a full season to realize something is wrong but for some reason people get dangled/stringed along until some date. Players contracts won't be renewed... NFL = Not For Long...

Actually I guess that is one thing I can say for our team - coach was cut (ie fired) in week 6

No, I don’t think that’s the same thing. I think that description fits the DCCs once they pick the actual team. If they have to cut a girl after that point, so be it, but the intention is not to cut someone at that point. Hiring someone and then later terminating them for performance or other reasons is way different then having a super long audition process where ppl are asked to move their life to that town, asked to quit everything that conflicts, and then kept in limbo, while the team purposely cuts 7 to 10 girls. 

To be clear though, the DCCs know what they’re getting into at this point. I think it’s a bad process, but no one is hiding it from them. They know full well that if they quit a full time job for training camp, they can be left with nothing in the end. It’s a choice. 

• Love 12

Hiring/firing NFL coaches, or even training camp for the players, as compared to the cheerleaders is like apples vs. oranges. The biggest difference for me is that NFL is a career and cuts don’t happen purely for ratings and drama on a reality TV show. They don’t consider the cheerleaders a career, as evidenced by the “requirement” for the ladies to have jobs or be in school.

I also think that most of the ladies that show up for training camp are not the types that have to support themselves with a full-time job. Privileged is putting it mildly.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Hiring/firing NFL coaches, or even training camp for the players, as compared to the cheerleaders is like apples vs. oranges. The biggest difference for me is that NFL is a career and cuts don’t happen purely for ratings and drama on a reality TV show. They don’t consider the cheerleaders a career, as evidenced by the “requirement” for the ladies to have jobs or be in school.

I also think that most of the ladies that show up for training camp are not the types that have to support themselves with a full-time job. Privileged is putting it mildly.

what was the process like before the show ? 

4 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Medical scribe you can do from home with basically no degree just some training. Good option for someone who needs a flexible schedule.

i think you have 'scribe' confused with 'transcriptionist'...I've done both. Scribes shadow the doctor during patient exams, taking history, making visit notes etc, all done electronically...relieves the world from awful physician handwriting...Transcription listens to dictations by the doctor for correspondence and journal submissions, which can be done at home. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
On 12/5/2020 at 7:21 AM, parrotfeathers said:

I really hope Maddie didn't have breast augmentation, that would make me really sad for her... I'd like to think she is grounded enough to know she is more than her body but who am I. Maybe it's something that's always bothered her but it really makes me sad... All of these ladies seem to have some kind of enhancement that is not even necessary whether its the lips, the botox, the nose jobs or boobs why can't this organization get behind their real beauty which, I might add, was good enough to get them on the team sigh... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, sATL said:

"Sormanti, a Rhode Island native, first joined the organization in 1983 as a Patriots cheerleader. She was a member of the Patriots cheerleading squad from 1983-84 and again from 1991-93, concluding her cheerleading career by representing the Patriots at the 1993 Pro Bowl. Shortly after Kraft bought the team in 1994, he named Sormanti the cheerleading director.

This makes me really sad, as a Bostonian who tried out to be a Patriots cheerleader back in the day under Tracy. I didn't know her, but I knew of her legacy. She was very well respected, what a loss and shock... 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

what was the process like before the show ? 

I seem to remember that, while there were still auditions and a Training Camp, everything was MUCH shorter and that they pretty much took everyone to camp who would later be on the team.  They may have took a few extra girls to camp if they liked what they saw but were unsure how the girls would handle everything.  Cuts were made quick and nothing was drawn out.  That's what I remember multiple people saying, including Shelly though I could be wrong.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

I would think breast augmentation would not be allowed during the football season. There is a recovery period that doesn't allow for all the full physical activity of cheerleading. If she did it, I would think it would have been following last season...

• Love 2
6 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Maddie and implants? Good grief she annoys me more and more each day. But might as well w h the other stuff she’s tweaked. So much for modesty and grace but that ships done sailed.

30 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I really hope Maddie didn't have breast augmentation, that would make me really sad for her... I'd like to think she is grounded enough to know she is more than her body but who am I. Maybe it's something that's always bothered her but it really makes me sad... All of these ladies seem to have some kind of enhancement that is not even necessary whether its the lips, the botox, the nose jobs or boobs why can't this organization get behind their real beauty which, I might add, was good enough to get them on the team sigh... 

I think this has got to be a really bad rumour -- in the timing at least. What DCC would be stupid enough to have an elective surgery (especially that one) mid-season?

And if she did it pre-season, it looks like it's the smallest breast enhancement ever:

A uniform pic from this season (posted in September) & a still from a video posted last week (no idea when it was filmed but she says the song just dropped).

Screenshot_2020-12-06-13-16-53-1.png

Screenshot_2020-12-06-13-16-27-1.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

i think you have 'scribe' confused with 'transcriptionist'...I've done both. Scribes shadow the doctor during patient exams, taking history, making visit notes etc, all done electronically...relieves the world from awful physician handwriting...Transcription listens to dictations by the doctor for correspondence and journal submissions, which can be done at home. 

No I’m not confused, I have never ever in my entire life seen anything like what you say a Medical scribe is in the US and my entire family and myself all work in hospitals. Most in Texas, Louisiana and Florida. I’m a PT and we have docs, PT, ST, many nurses, etc. so very familiar with how things typically run. That might be a textbook def but not common at all in the US. Nothing wrong with being a transcriptionist - the person who translations and puts in dictations. Not insulting either women and good option for someone needing flexibility. 

1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

I think this has got to be a really bad rumour -- in the timing at least. What DCC would be stupid enough to have an elective surgery (especially that one) mid-season?

And if she did it pre-season, it looks like it's the smallest breast enhancement ever:

A uniform pic from this season (posted in September) & a still from a video posted last week (no idea when it was filmed but she says the song just dropped).

Screenshot_2020-12-06-13-16-53-1.png

Screenshot_2020-12-06-13-16-27-1.png

Does not look like augmentation to me

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

No I’m not confused, I have never ever in my entire life seen anything like what you say a Medical scribe is in the US and my entire family and myself all work in hospitals. Most in Texas, Louisiana and Florida. 

I am a nurse in Florida. Yes, “scribes” work with the ED physicians and do all of the computer documentation. The scribe actually accompanies the physician while they are seeing patients and complete the documentation templates. Most of our scribes are medical students. Scribes are completely different than transcriptionists. 

This is a result of Meaningful Use. A CMS program that required all hospitals to implement electronic documentation. The MU program has now become the Interoperabilty program. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, sATL said:

I saw their video on Instagram earlier this morning, it’s so sad, she seems so well loved and admired. Yet on the show they talked down the patriots (to Alexandria asking about changing rooms and facilities) 

I also noticed when looking on Instagram earlier that a lot of other NFL cheer teams commented on the post or the ones I follow shared it to their stories posting a message about sorry for their loss etc, yet nothing at all from the DCC page, no comments of condolences on the post or anything. 

I could be wrong though, as I said it was looked at this morning, I think it’s bad form of the DCC not to extend a hand or make any remark, I believe Kelli may have made a short tweet about it but I think one should’ve perhaps come from the organisation as all the teams are banding together all expressing sympathy yet they remain quiet.

on another note, Marissa has been found to be in one of the FB DCC fan groups it was posted about in Shade & sun 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I saw their video on Instagram earlier this morning, it’s so sad, she seems so well loved and admired. Yet on the show they talked down the patriots (to Alexandria asking about changing rooms and facilities) 

I also noticed when looking on Instagram earlier that a lot of other NFL cheer teams commented on the post or the ones I follow shared it to their stories posting a message about sorry for their loss etc, yet nothing at all from the DCC page, no comments of condolences on the post or anything. 

I could be wrong though, as I said it was looked at this morning, I think it’s bad form of the DCC not to extend a hand or make any remark, I believe Kelli may have made a short tweet about it but I think one should’ve perhaps come from the organisation as all the teams are banding together all expressing sympathy yet they remain quiet.

on another note, Marissa has been found to be in one of the FB DCC fan groups it was posted about in Shade & sun 

wow.. this sad. very sad. 

I do wonder how professionally close Kelli was to Tracy...

Wonder what the reason(s) for the oversight  - Dallas doesn't play until Tuesday, so they can't say they were so focused on getting ready to dance for 3 hours this afternoon.

Edited by sATL