Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, M1977G said:

Gina

Amber               Ashlee

Amanda              Kelsey             Rachel W

Chandi               Rachel A             Jaylyn               Caroline

That formation is my dream! Add in Briana, Erin and Alanna and then you’ve got all of my favourites!  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ClassicPegg said:

I watched it, too. (Twice)  Last week, people were commenting as the show was happening--this week, nothing!  It just seems odd.

I watched (but fast forwarded through parts). There isn't too much to comment on. Same edited stuff - the camera pans and zooms so much that its hard to tell who is doing what. And I get distracted by that carpet. It's honestly kind of hard to watch - not sure if its the lighting or the confusing mask on mask off business. Kind of a mess TBH.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

The show came on at 9pm and it's now 11:45pm.  I find it sad that no one has created a topic/page for the new episode and no one is really discussing it yet.  Speaks volumes about level of excitement this year...

I still look forward to watching! I had to buy the season through Apple because I don’t get CMT anymore. The episodes don’t drop until after they’ve aired on CMT, so I have to watch the next day.

• Love 1

Turns out there was a new episode last night. iTunes already had the episode available this morning, but it still isn't showing as one of the full episodes available on CMT. Since there is no episode thread, I'm going to post some of my thoughts about last night's episode here. It can be moved if it's in the wrong place. So, please note, spoilers below on episode 2!

Loved seeing Evan Miller and his positive energy again! It was interesting that he favored both Kelly and Ashlinn--and Ashlinn got favorable remarks from Kelli or Judy, too. I am interested because I can't see yet why either got cut. Meanwhile, Alora-Rose is on the struggle bus and she makes it. Are they just into her Rockette status? She has a very bright energy when she performs, so I can see why they gave her more time, but based on the first two episodes, if I were an unspoiled viewer, I would expect her to get cut. Loved that we got an introduction to Armani and Ellie, and I am enjoying the parent interviews as part of the intros for some of these ladies. I like this much better than the stupid scene with MRS and Breelan and Caila where their parents were giving them pep talks and Caila's dad went all in on his football metaphors. These interviews this season with the parents (especially the military daddies) seem more organic and real, with them talking about their daughters and families, as opposed to a more staged "intervention" that I didn't care about. I'm intrigued by the rise of the U of Oregon cheerleaders coming to DCC--Maggie, Molly, and now Ellie. I still have the same favorites from episode 1, though I now like Kelly too now that I've seen her dance more. I still don't understand how Annabelle was the highest ranked rookie. She is cute but not beautiful, and I don't love her dance performance or technique. Her cows really weren't that impressive to me, either, so I'm just mystified by her being such a favorite. I don't know why anyone (ahem, Sydney) would go to DCC rehearsal without having eaten or hydrating properly, especially after poor Bridget passed out last year. Overall, it was an OK episode to me. Very eager for the vets to return next week!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, M1977G said:

Amber gets overlooked a lot on this board with people saying they never remember who she is, but her dancing has caught my eye since she was in training camp and I loved seeing her get to share the point spotlight with our beloved Bridget in different performances last season. She definitely is in the running for future point girl, IMO.

I think they never feature Amber on the show at all and that is probably why she is coming off as "un-memorable". I'm sure if we could watch entire DCC performances without edits then she would stand out because she is a super talented dancer. 

23 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Meanwhile, Alora-Rose is on the struggle bus and she makes it. Are they just into her Rockette status? She has a very bright energy when she performs, so I can see why they gave her more time, but based on the first two episodes, if I were an unspoiled viewer, I would expect her to get cut.

From the first two episodes, it seems like Alora-Rose will be another Meredith.. 

• Love 3

The #1 thing I noticed from last night's episode is that some of these TCC's are WAY thicker than TCC's in past seasons that were cut or called out for weight!

They look good.. don't get me wrong here. I just think it's obvious their weight standards have changed. 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, NC-CFD09 said:

The #1 thing I noticed from last night's episode is that some of these TCC's are WAY thicker than TCC's in past seasons that were cut or called out for weight!

They look good.. don't get me wrong here. I just think it's obvious their weight standards have changed. 

Which ones?

10 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Which ones?

Several of them, but the ones that jump to mind are Sydney, Claire W, and Mckenzie.

I'd like to re-iterate that I am IN NO WAY saying they are fat or look bad. They are beautiful. I just feel so bad for the girls who have been let go for weight in the past. 

For example.. They criticized Rachel A for being "thick". I would argue that she is less "thick" than several of the TCC's this year.  

Edited by NC-CFD09
Clarification
  • Love 3
On 12/1/2020 at 4:18 AM, Erinbridget said:

It makes me so sad that Ashlinn doesn't make it.

I know!  I loved her intro.  I haved loved her in both episodes.  They have said only positive things.  Maybe she tells VK off for something????

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Opine said:

I know!  I loved her intro.  I haved loved her in both episodes.  They have said only positive things.  Maybe she tells VK off for something????

Or bombs media training or something? She's adorable. I'm shocked she didn't make it. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, NC-CFD09 said:

Several of them, but the ones that jump to mind are Sydney, Claire W, and Mckenzie.

I'd like to re-iterate that I am IN NO WAY saying they are fat or look bad. They are beautiful. I just feel so bad for the girls who have been let go for weight in the past. 

For example.. They criticized Rachel A for being "thick". I would argue that she is less "thick" than several of the TCC's this year.  

Sydney is interesting to me because she is so bottom heavy. I don't think anyone could argue that she is overweight or could slim down her thighs/butt even if she wanted to, thats just the way she is built. It is an interesting choice, because we have seen them turning away girls for having too many arm muscles or a "thutt" in the past, but for some reason Sydney is ok. Don't get me wrong I think her choice of auditioning in white shorts was a good one, because then they can see exactly what they are getting. I'm thinking either they had to change their standards somewhat to account for more typical WOC body shapes, or they really are just enamored with her pro bowl status and her face and it's an exception just for her. 

Claire is thicker than I thought she was based on her instagram and audition, but I really like her shape and I think she would look about 10 years old if she was skinnier. 

These girls may look even bigger because some of the TCC are sooooo tiny in comparison (Dani, Jessica, Jada), they may look more normal when the vets show up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Sydney is interesting to me because she is so bottom heavy. I don't think anyone could argue that she is overweight or could slim down her thighs/butt even if she wanted to, thats just the way she is built. It is an interesting choice, because we have seen them turning away girls for having too many arm muscles or a "thutt" in the past, but for some reason Sydney is ok. Don't get me wrong I think her choice of auditioning in white shorts was a good one, because then they can see exactly what they are getting. I'm thinking either they had to change their standards somewhat to account for more typical WOC body shapes, or they really are just enamored with her pro bowl status and her face and it's an exception just for her. 

These girls may look even bigger because some of the TCC are sooooo tiny in comparison (Dani, Jessica, Jada), they may look more normal when the vets show up.

You make several good points. I think it's clear they are trying to up their level of diversity.. so maybe they want a more diverse range of bodies as well? A lot of the BS they used to say about "thutts" and other ridiculous stuff could never fly in 2020.. so it's possible they are keeping up with the times a little better.

It will definitely be interesting to see them compared to the Vets. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Marissa is really strong.  What is her Dance Mom Connection? She soaks up that choreography.  I really like watching her dance. Elli, Claire W. and Armani and Marissa are my favorites right now. 

Marissa really surprised me in last night's episode. This board doesn't like her because she's apparently a VK henchman but girl can definitely dance. She's also very young and thus moldable which we know Kelli loves. For what it's worth, though, my husband was watching with me last night and all he had to say about her was "she has a weird face," lol. He likes Elli and Amelia. My favorite after last night is Armani by far. Whenever her group danced I had trouble seeing anyone else because she is such a standout.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I thought the use of the word "thutt" sucked, but it was because she had a lack of definition.  Not because she had too much booty back there.  Her tush blended right into her hammies.  Megan could have worked with Jay to do a lot of squats and running drills to build that, I think, but they needed a cut.  She was a terrible choice to cut IMO, I liked her a lot and she was a great dancer.

Keyra is a former DCC that provided more of a fit challenge due to hip/waist ratio, IIRC.  I think there was also some commentary about Khalyn.  For all the bluster they do about the variety of body types during uniform fittings, that they're surprised by hips or a butt always makes me roll my eyes.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, PollyHowell said:

Marissa really surprised me in last night's episode. This board doesn't like her because she's apparently a VK henchman but girl can definitely dance. She's also very young and thus moldable which we know Kelli loves.

Can't speak for anyone else but that isn't why I don't like Marissa.  She can dance okay (I've seen better), but I find some of her moves jerky.  The main reason she doesn't fly with me is I cannot get past how fugly she is.  Period.  That grimace of hers when she smiles big looks like she has constipation.  Plus her Mom and her Mom's friends during their times infiltrating various DCC discussion groups really put me off.  I hope Marissa is a one and done.  She cannot be gone soon enough.

• Love 22

Episode #2 thread is open. I was feeling like I was in the wrong place (and a little lonely 😢 ), as it was kinda bare...was expecting at least a page of comments already.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
12 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I thought the use of the word "thutt" sucked, but it was because she had a lack of definition.  Not because she had too much booty back there.  Her tush blended right into her hammies.  Megan could have worked with Jay to do a lot of squats and running drills to build that, I think, but they needed a cut.  She was a terrible choice to cut IMO, I liked her a lot and she was a great dancer.

Keyra is a former DCC that provided more of a fit challenge due to hip/waist ratio, IIRC.  I think there was also some commentary about Khalyn.  For all the bluster they do about the variety of body types during uniform fittings, that they're surprised by hips or a butt always makes me roll my eyes.

RIGHT! I think I'd need therapy after hearing that about myself on TV. That was beyond cruel.  

• Love 7

I rarely post but I'd like to join in this year! A few thoughts about this season in general:

1. I'm annoyed to see how much they seemed to spend setting up the hotel to look like the Star. Seems like such a waste of money that could be spent on many other things, especially when many people are financially struggling due to Covid.

2. I get arrogance vibes from Alora-Rose. I also sense some fakeness when the girls are "supporting" each other in their groups. Anyone else?

3. Asking Cassie if she wants to stay or not was strange. They put her on the spot and it seems like there's really no right answer. If they thought they had seen enough to cut her, why didn't they just let her go?

4. It made me giggle that Kelly and Judy got worked up thinking Sydney's illness could be Covid. It's at the top of everyone's minds but fainting or getting sick to your stomach could have many other causes. 

I'm interested to see the rest of the season mostly just to see the vets cut. I don't think Meredith should have made the team to start, but love the other vets that were cut. Curious how they'll spin that...

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, FutureCPA18 said:

I rarely post but I'd like to join in this year! A few thoughts about this season in general:

1. I'm annoyed to see how much they seemed to spend setting up the hotel to look like the Star. Seems like such a waste of money that could be spent on many other things, especially when many people are financially struggling due to Covid.

2. I get arrogance vibes from Alora-Rose. I also sense some fakeness when the girls are "supporting" each other in their groups. Anyone else?

3. Asking Cassie if she wants to stay or not was strange. They put her on the spot and it seems like there's really no right answer. If they thought they had seen enough to cut her, why didn't they just let her go?

4. It made me giggle that Kelly and Judy got worked up thinking Sydney's illness could be Covid. It's at the top of everyone's minds but fainting or getting sick to your stomach could have many other causes. 

I'm interested to see the rest of the season mostly just to see the vets cut. I don't think Meredith should have made the team to start, but love the other vets that were cut. Curious how they'll spin that...

We may not even see those 3 vets cut bc when they were cut production was shut down 

• Useful 6
18 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Can't speak for anyone else but that isn't why I don't like Marissa.  She can dance okay (I've seen better), but I find some of her moves jerky.  The main reason she doesn't fly with me is I cannot get past how fugly she is.  Period.  That grimace of hers when she smiles big looks like she has constipation.  Plus her Mom and her Mom's friends during their times infiltrating various DCC discussion groups really put me off.  I hope Marissa is a one and done.  She cannot be gone soon enough.

I’m with u on her facials plus she seems immature to me, like a girl among women🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 13
Just now, Holly85 said:

We may not even see those 3 vets cut bc when they were cut production was shut down 

oooh I can just see it now, them not showing the cut, Kelli doing a talking head "we lost some veterans, some sisters tonight... but it was what had to happen. This is a world class team and our standards are high and they just didn't reach it this year" cue the girls that made it celebrating and no other focus on the cut vets. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I’m with u on her facials plus she seems immature to me, like a girl among women🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes, I'm surprised they haven't said anything to her about it or they haven't filmed them saying it to her but every scene they have her dancing she does that pursing of the lips thing. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, FutureCPA18 said:

lmao, it is SO fake and cringe. they barely know each other but are trying to act like somehow they're bffs instead of each other's competition. they laid it on especially thick this episode. just please stop lol

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, PollyHowell said:

Marissa really surprised me in last night's episode. This board doesn't like her because she's apparently a VK henchman but girl can definitely dance. She's also very young and thus moldable which we know Kelli loves. For what it's worth, though, my husband was watching with me last night and all he had to say about her was "she has a weird face," lol. He likes Elli and Amelia. My favorite after last night is Armani by far. Whenever her group danced I had trouble seeing anyone else because she is such a standout.

I think that a lot of people have the same opinion as your husband. This doesn't mean that Marissa, bless her heart, is not liked, the point is that she doesn't have the DCC look. 

In a normal setting (not TCC) Marissa would be a normal girl, and it would be ridiculous to judge her on her appearance. However, Marissa signed up for TCC and entered an arena populated by extraordinary girls who have a certain level looks wise. Marissa doesn't cut it in the looks department.

In normal life I am not dumb but If I were to enter a high IQ club, I would be entering an arena where intelligence is a prerequisite and I would fail. People would call me dumb. With my intelligence, I would never want to join a high IQ club, Marissa clearly has a different idea on how she looks like.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

Yes, I'm surprised they haven't said anything to her about it or they haven't filmed them saying it to her but every scene they have her dancing she does that pursing of the lips thing. 

Kelli couldn't possibly criticize her so-called Miranda Lambert look-a-like.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Kelli couldn't possibly criticize her so-called Miranda Lambert look-a-like.

I definitely don't think she looks like Miranda Lambert.. But I also don't think she is as unattractive as everyone else here seems to think. 

BTW I saw an interview where Kelli talked about LOVING Miranda Lambert because they are both from East Texas, so that was some pretty high praise.

Edited by NC-CFD09
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, NC-CFD09 said:

I definitely don't think she looks like Miranda Lambert.. But I also don't think she is as unattractive as everyone else here seems to think. 

BTW I saw an interview where Kelli talked about LOVING Miranda Lambert because they are both from East Texas, so that was some pretty high praise.

Miranda is at least pretty.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, NC-CFD09 said:

I don’t think she’s unattractive  she just needs to calm down her excited face. Looks more like a grimace than a smile. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

And....the way she seems to have taken lessons from someone 🙂 about how to push her way to the front in everything.  Plus the over the top smile is so annoying........  I can truly say that I don't care for her so far (I agree with you her dancing is okay, seen better) and it isn't just our little PT group.  She just comes across as so immature and playing to the cameras.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

oooh I can just see it now, them not showing the cut, Kelli doing a talking head "we lost some veterans, some sisters tonight... but it was what had to happen. This is a world class team and our standards are high and they just didn't reach it this year" cue the girls that made it celebrating and no other focus on the cut vets. 

I said this very same thing when we heard about these cuts...she'll get all teary-eyed over Brennan's battle with Covid and how she just didn't have the stamina this year...(I call bullshit, given this year's circumstances)...she'll blame Hannah's cut over her devotion to her masters program...Lily & Meredith were so on the bubble last year that their cuts are far more understandable...in a conventional year neither would have most likely made it back to TC. 

• Love 8

I don't mind Marissa too much  -- But to me her dancing is a little s******. That being said, it took me a while to warm up to Gina too - adding in all those extras.

I thought I saw some lower kicks from Marissa last night - maybe I'll have to rewatch - maybe I'm wrong - because Kelli never said anything about it - haha.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Episode #2 thread is open. I was feeling like I was in the wrong place (and a little lonely 😢 ), as it was kinda bare...was expecting at least a page of comments already.

I think more people dropped cable or CMT, and now have to wait for the ep to be downloaded.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think more people dropped cable or CMT, and now have to wait for the ep to be downloaded.

comments about the eposide are here on this thread too..which is part of the confusion

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I dropped cable last year.  And I just can't see paying $20 for a season at this particular moment.  But I was able to watch the first episode as it was free on CMT.  I'll more than likely just wait to watch the season next year on Pluto

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I dropped cable last year.  And I just can't see paying $20 for a season at this particular moment.  But I was able to watch the first episode as it was free on CMT.  I'll more than likely just wait to watch the season next year on Pluto

Does Pluto still show only up to 12?  Or did they add 13 and 14?

18 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

The show came on at 9pm and it's now 11:45pm.  I find it sad that no one has created a topic/page for the new episode and no one is really discussing it yet.  Speaks volumes about level of excitement this year...

I'm not going to try to speak for others, but to me my interest is:

1. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
2. Discussing the DCC with others.
3. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team tv show

As soon as it became clear this year that TPTB were prioritizing drama over the cheerleaders on the show, I began to rapidly lose interest.

• Love 24
6 minutes ago, Lona said:

As soon as it became clear this year that TPTB were prioritizing drama over the cheerleaders on the show, I began to rapidly lose interest.

It's time for K&J to retire and be replaced.  But FTLOG please not with Haley.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Watching episode 2. As someone else said Ashlinn is praised a lot, be interesting to see why she’s cut I really like her, hopefully she’s a come back girl 

I was wondering this too! Ashlinn seemed like a total package. She has great kicks, good dancer,  great figure, and has the DCC look.I keep wondering what the heck happened? Maybe she pulls a Julia? Although I always thought the DCC ( and us) dodged a bullet with Julia putting her foot in her mouth and getting herself cut. I got some serious mean girl vibes from her. 

6 hours ago, Trixi said:

I don’t think she’s unattractive  she just needs to calm down her excited face. Looks more like a grimace than a smile. 

Agreed. It's all that excited puppy energy she needs to calm. It makes her a little jokery ( right Kelli??) when she smiles. I don't find her beautiful, but I don't find her unattractive. I definitely like her look over Clare D or Sydney's. 

• Love 5

Well, so far i have found the first 2 episodes to be boring. I am hoping it will get more interesting when the vets show up. 

Also, what is the point of them wearing the masks into the room, taking them down to dance, putting them back up to file out of the room, then take the off and visit with each other? Like, really? Why wear one at all? And it isn't a bubble if you have a seamstress coming in one day and getting 2 inches away from everyone.

• Love 18

When the veterans enter how are the groups reorganized? I noticed in one of the previews there is clearly pink and blue in some dance sequences, so does that mean there is more than 5 per group? Or are there still 5 per group but only 2-3 rookies per group? Just curious as to how they decided to do that!

29 minutes ago, rocketts said:

When the veterans enter how are the groups reorganized? I noticed in one of the previews there is clearly pink and blue in some dance sequences, so does that mean there is more than 5 per group? Or are there still 5 per group but only 2-3 rookies per group? Just curious as to how they decided to do that!

I feel like the rookie groups right now are organized by height. So might be the same? 

• Love 1