Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: A Duggar Bachelor Pad

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Make sure to watch the video. It's...something. 😃

I might cave and watch the whole damn episode this week. So far, I've only ever watched one, and this one seems like a gold mine of awkward. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I watched for about 2 min the part were Felicity was doing swim class and it was decided Jer should go in the pool because something like when Felicity sees Jing see thinks food and Jing waved her hands around her boobs.

then they dunked Felicity underwater and she screamed and I was done.

not sure if that was an old one or part the new one since I never watch the show

Edited by crazy8s
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

fell asleep, woke up to a Jessa talking head with bangs....took me a minute to figure out it was old footage. What was the deal with the rerun??

JB struck a deal with covid content famine TLC to run curated highlights (Josh free) from vintage episodes at a screaming hot deal.  I'm sure he sold it as, buy used and save the difference.  

Edited by Tikichick
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They purposely went on TV to show the world that 21 year old twin brothers share a bedroom in a three bedroom house, that no one else lives in.

21 year old twin brothers share a bedroom in a three bedroom house.

21 year old twin brothers share a bedroom in a three bedroom house.

You can't make this shit up.

Meanwhile, their 30-year-old sister shares a bedroom with three pre-teen and one barely-teen sisters. And keeps all her clothes (and shoes) on a three-foot long rolling rack. In a 7000-square foot house. 

There's a pattern here. 

2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

nvm

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I watched for about 2 min the part were Felicity was doing swim class and it was decided Jer should go in the pool because something like when Felicity sees Jing see thinks food and Jing waved her hands around her boobs.

then they dunked Felicity underwater and she screamed and I was done.

not sure if that was an old one or part the new one since I never watch the show

Jinger did say that at the pool but she also  explained  earlier that her along with other siblings don't know how to swim & were never taught.  Jessa & Joy were two of them, Joe didn't seem sure of his skills either. Not sure about the rest. They explained they could probably "swim" enough to get themselves to a safe place or out of the pool but wouldn't feel responsible with others. Good move on Jinger's part with Felicity.  I thought she also mentioned  a friend in Calif was teaching  her (Jing) the basics but I could be wrong & she meant Felicity. Jeremy explained he learned to swim growing up at his grandparents.  

There was a TH of JB & M telling why some groups of kids learned to swim & others didn't.  It also seemed they had their swim & non-swim groups mixed up. Once again, I don't remember details but you think after they finally owned a house with a pool, they all would have caught up on their swimming skills esp with having kids.  They could wear their modest swimwear til their heart's delight. I know this was Mary's house but her accident didn't occur til last  year, plenty of time for swim lessons.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 8
(edited)

It sounded like Josh through Jill had swimming lessons. Then they owned some property with a pool and Jed/Jer through Josie "learned" to swim there.

I'm guessing Jessa, Jinger, Joy, Josiah and Joe were courting and married during that time.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Jinger did say that at the pool but she also  explained  earlier that her along with other siblings don't know how to swim & were never taught.  Jessa & Joy were two of them, Joe didn't seem sure of his skills either. Not sure about the rest. They explained they could probably "swim" enough to get themselves to a safe place or out of the pool but wouldn't feel responsible with others. Good move on Jinger's part with Felicity.  I thought she also mentioned  a friend in Calif was teaching  her (Jing) the basics but I could be wrong & she meant Felicity. Jeremy explained he learned to swim growing up at his grandparents.  

There was a TH of JB & M telling why some groups of kids learned to swim & others didn't.  It also seemed they had their swim & non-swim groups mixed up. Once again, I don't remember details but you think after they finally owned a house with a pool, they all would have caught up on their swimming skills esp with having kids.  They could wear their modest swimwear til their heart's delight. I know this was Mary's house but her accident didn't occur til last  year, plenty of time for swim lessons.

I haven't had a chance to watch this episode, but wow, I'm shocked to hear this. Even going back to the original series, the family did lake outings and scenes of the kids in the water at the Pool House. Given that money was no object, Boob and Michelle should've made sure all their kids had at least basic swimming ability. They really love tempting fate, don't they?

• Love 16

Jed and "Jeer" really don't look alike at all.  I think Momma Duggar got mixed up.  It's really Jed and Josiah that are twins.  I can't tell the difference between those two.  "Jeer" looks more like Joy.  I'm not sure which boy "Jeer" looks like, but it's not Jed.

Also, who wears flip flops to a corn maze?  SMH.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, crazy8s said:

so much to snark on - twin beds a few feet apart in a 3 bedroom house??  Nothing in a living room or kitchen like they actually live there.

"our first closet" WTH

edited to add  are they not going to say the only reason JED! was allowed to move out was to run for office in a district that didn't include the TTH??

and if they do we will be free to talk about it here

How freaking weird was that?????  I am sorry but nothing says STAY FAR AWAY quite like a grown person sharing a bedroom with their twin and sleeping in a twin bed WHILE there are 2 other bedrooms open.  

• Love 24
24 minutes ago, Snickerdoodle said:

Jed and "Jeer" really don't look alike at all.  I think Momma Duggar got mixed up.  It's really Jed and Josiah that are twins.  I can't tell the difference between those two.  "Jeer" looks more like Joy.  I'm not sure which boy "Jeer" looks like, but it's not Jed.

Also, who wears flip flops to a corn maze?  SMH.

Thank you for pointing out the "Jeer" pronunciation of Jeremiah's nickname.  The way the Duggars say it bugs the hell out of me. 

I'm still laughing today at the twins sharing a bedroom at that house.  But it's sad that they don't have any non-fundie buddies to give them absolute hell for that and tell them how ridiculous it is.  

I also noted the lack of appropriate footwear at the corn maze.  My feet would look & feel awful for days if I did something like that. 

Poor Henry - already wandering off when Jessa & Ben only have 3 kids to look after.  He's going to get lost in the shuffle in so many ways as they add more kids.  

• Love 18
54 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

It is incredibly dangerous to not know how to swim if you are ever near water.  They can't even keep track of their kids on land.  I find this a huge failing among a huge list of parental failings.  

• Love 22
(edited)

My eyes bugged out at the twin beds!  OMG!  And the furniture was crap, no doubt dug out of one of Boob's warehouses.  No sign of decorator Jana--it's pretty obvious they don't live there.

ETA: And who shows up with 4 dirty plastic chairs?  Were they supposed to be a gift to the "bachelors?"

Well, at least they don't starve their children.  I doubt the Rodriguii have a snack fridge where kids help themselves.

Edited by riverblue22
Still watching
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

My eyes bugged out at the twin beds!  OMG!  And the furniture was crap, no doubt dug out of one of Boob's warehouses.  No sign of decorator Jana--it's pretty obvious they don't live there.

ETA: And who shows up with 4 dirty plastic chairs?  Were they supposed to be a gift to the "bachelors?"

Well, at least they don't starve their children.  I doubt the Rodriguii have a snack fridge where kids help themselves.

No but I don't think they are fed a healthful diet.  

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I haven't had a chance to watch this episode, but wow, I'm shocked to hear this. Even going back to the original series, the family did lake outings and scenes of the kids in the water at the Pool House. Given that money was no object, Boob and Michelle should've made sure all their kids had at least basic swimming ability. They really love tempting fate, don't they?

And a lot of this time, they were (male and female) mostly wearing "modest" "swimwear" conducive to getting soaked with water and pulling you to the bottom and hampering your ability to move or float....skirts, jeans, knee-length denim shorts, etc. Good grief. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
(edited)

And these people who perpetrated and continue to perpetrate all this nutso dim-witted, just wrong stuff, run an "academy." And all these kids are turned out as its "graduates." 

No wonder none of them is employed. Heck, no wonder none of them goes anywhere without another Duggar (or six) in attendance. In so many ways they're unprepared to navigate the larger world at all. 

Yet the parental perpetrators of these atrocities have made a lot of money over the years publishing books, giving paid speeches, creating dvds that are sold and, ostensibly, appearing on television as role models and advice givers for child raisers and educators everywhere.

And one of the academy grads is trying to join the state legislature. The mind reels. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

I actually don't have problem with brothers sleeping in twin beds in one room of the house. I would probably defend their right to live as they chose. Except I'm not convinced they chose this. It sounds like controlling parental b.s.

If they seem excited, they left the boys dorm where they share a room with 5 other guys. 

It's a whole new level of f**ked up that the kids don't know how to swim. I keep flashing back to Granda Mary and her sad demise. 

Screw immodest swimsuit sh*t. Anytime they're around water and don't know how to swim it's a safety hazard. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

but she didn't need to know how to swim for this - it was 2 adults standing in waist deep water, talking to and holding a toddler. I think king JB would not allow Jing shown in a regular one piece bathing suit on the show after all those years promoting modest swimwear

• Love 4
(edited)

Back to the preview commercial - showed Duggars helping post hurricane cleanup somewhere. Anybody know what relief work they did during the quarantine?   

One of the ABC-station national news shows featured a pilot who flew food from farmers and medical supplies to smaller rural areas, who were in need. So, I've been wondering what does this family full of pilots and planes have been doing..

Edited by sATL
(edited)
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Back to the preview commercial - They showed Duggars helping out during an hurricane. Anybody know what releif work they did during the quarantine?   

One of the ABC-station national news shows featured a pilot who flew food from farmers and medical supplies to smaller rural areas, who were in need. So, I've been wondering what does this family full of pilots and planes have been doing..

they cleared rubbish and debris in in mississippi in april after a tornado.

interesting Mediccorps has a new logo and video update the same day they were mentioned on Counting On. someone did ask on their FB page about JD and Nathan Bates dissolving the LLC for Mediccorps. the response was now that the have 501c3 charity classification the LLC was no longer needed

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I will never grow tired of Duggars trying to act normal for the cameras and looking even weirder.

Did the producers ask them why they're sharing a room in a 3 bedroom house? I know they can't say some version of, "If we're alone we might be tempted to jerk off," but TLC really ignored the elephant sitting on their lap if they let that slide.

And let’s be honest. Just sharing a room doesn’t really stop any normal red-blooded 21-year old boy with raging hormones. 

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And let’s be honest. Just sharing a room doesn’t really stop any normal red-blooded 21-year old boy with raging hormones. 

But just the thought that they are sharing a room in order to stop that process is just so completely and utterly disturbing, yet probably true.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And if it does in this case, I bet those two are going to start taking the longest showers they've ever had.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Tikichick said:

JB struck a deal with covid content famine TLC to run curated highlights (Josh free) from vintage episodes at a screaming hot deal.  I'm sure he sold it as, buy used and save the difference.  

They don't need JB's approval to edit and re-use old footage.  TLC owns it all.  JB gets nothing from that episode.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They don't need JB's approval to edit and re-use old footage.  TLC owns it all.  JB gets nothing from that episode.  

While it delights me that he's not making more money off the re-use.  I am disturbed by how it supports the very noticeable return of JB & M as the dominant figures on the show.   It seems very intentional Anna "appears" in a very sidelined manner, yet the very culpable parents who designed an abusive environment and then protected the abuser have now slithered their way back as the central hub of the show(revenue stream).  

• Love 19
(edited)

skimming though eposide now... at the flashback part

I wonder why :

• If they love pickles so much - why not grow the cucumbers (back when) and pickle them ? Note to self:  research where do pickles fall on the healthy snack chart..
  • If the vacuum cleaners break down so much and given the house size - its a wonder they didn't put in a central vacuum system. Then when in a room - just attach a hose to a wall.
  • why is there a laundry gathering job? everyone should use the chute.  I mean one takes a shower and does what with their clothes? And who strip/remake the beds ?
  • Good for JB for admitting they weren't too rigid about  snack time at the refridgerator.. 
  • according to Michelle - JB taught the kids to stack can goods.. She bragged as if he taught differential calculus
  • I am not sure if buying cases at Aldi's is cheaper than going to Sams/Costco and getting the institutional size
  • Jessa I hope your love of pure butter has subsided as you became an adult... " a  moment on the lips can become a lifetime on the hips"..and arteries
  • Joe/Kendra - $400 a month on groceries.... hmmm..
  • Groceries - does anyone coupon?
  • Bathrooms NOT cleaned... TMI
  • Are the "jurisdictions" generational passing of the wealth? I mean Anna/Josh kids are the same age as Josie was shown taking over laundry.
  • Michelle got a chuckle out of me.. as soon as the new baby was weaned it went to a buddy team.. Gee thanks, mom.. here are the Buddy teams - which Joy implied is generational ; spouses and children work their way into the teams :
    • image.png.deb3ffdd8405e78f5eaa6f55edecd1cf.png
  • I wish the producer would have asked how many flights did they miss given they are late everywhere they go..

{reserving the right to add to this list later...}

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, sATL said:

If the vacuum cleaners break down so much and given the house size - its a wonder they didn't put in a central vacuum system. Then when in a room - just attach a hose to a wall.

They put one in when the house was built.  I think they gave it up because of repairing it so often.  

14 minutes ago, sATL said:

I am not sure if buying cases at Aldi's is cheaper than going to Sams/Costco and getting the institutional size

Probably not although they do shop at Sam's, but the math of redoing the recipes might be beyond them.  😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Mods are we now allowed to talk here on JED!'s campaign since we know why he was allowed to move out. or still off limits?

No one mentioned running for office, so I would err on the side of off-limits. He'd just said it was "where he needed to be at this stage of life." Boobchelle just lied through their teeth about permitting kids to move out at 18.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

No one mentioned running for office, so I would err on the side of off-limits. He'd just said it was "where he needed to be at this stage of life." Boobchelle just lied through their teeth about permitting kids to move out at 18.

agree - but it was worth an ask for clarification since JED!s home office was shown in a TLC video and has been shown on the Jed Duggar for Arkansas page

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

But they didn't say what the office was used for, nor did they mention his social media. A lot of gray area because WE know, but it's doubtful that the casual viewers (or even some leghumpers) do. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

but she didn't need to know how to swim for this - it was 2 adults standing in waist deep water, talking to and holding a toddler

When my kid was little and we did the "Parent and Tot" swim classes, it was a requirement that the parent in the pool be a confident swimmer. Fortunately Mr Ponga and I both know how to swim, so we alternated weeks.

I have to give props to Jinger for taking swim lessons. I've watched adult swim classes, and I am full of admiration for adults who are determined to learn how to swim. It requires a fair bit of courage as an adult to struggle with something when you see children in other classes swimming with ease.

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

When my kid was little and we did the "Parent and Tot" swim classes, it was a requirement that the parent in the pool be a confident swimmer. Fortunately Mr Ponga and I both know how to swim, so we alternated weeks.

I have to give props to Jinger for taking swim lessons. I've watched adult swim classes, and I am full of admiration for adults who are determined to learn how to swim. It requires a fair bit of courage as an adult to struggle with something when you see children in other classes swimming with ease.

I remember my mom learning how to swim when we got an in ground pool. She grew up in the Dominican Republic and never learned to swim. Her eldest sister was a fantastic swimmer and could swim long distances in the ocean. I remember her taking a class at the YMCA. She figured, she has an in ground pool, she is going to enjoy it! 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I remember my mom learning how to swim when we got an in ground pool. She grew up in the Dominican Republic and never learned to swim. Her eldest sister was a fantastic swimmer and could swim long distances in the ocean. I remember her taking a class at the YMCA. She figured, she has an in ground pool, she is going to enjoy it! 

Good for her!  When I was at learn-to-swim age, we lived in the inner city.  Everyone's house was 100 years old or older, no air conditioning; hotter than Hades in the summer.  The local public pool was small and only 3 ft in the 'deep' end.  On hot days, we'd go and there would be so many people in the pool, it would be impossible to get horizontal in the water, let alone swim.  We'd just stand in the water and try to cool off.  

Then, when I was 15, we moved to the 'burbs and lived in a condo where there was a real pool.  There were daily swimming lessons, sponsored by the Red Cross, there in the summer.  When I was 16, I signed up and took lessons with the little kids, most of them under 5.  I made it through Advanced Beginner and, although I am by no means a great swimmer, I can swim to the side of the pool in a hurry if need be which makes all the difference.

Meanwhile, my younger sisters, one 9 and the other born after we moved, both took swimming lessons all the way to becoming qualified to lifeguard.  Baby sister even swam on the team in high school.

Anyway, I am glad that Jinger and Jeremy are exposing their daughter to swimming at an early age.  Especially if they live in LA, there are going to be pools everywhere.

• Love 11