Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: A Duggar Bachelor Pad

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jessa and Ben go on their first road trip with three kids; some of the Duggars go to the Bahamas to help after a hurricane; Jed and Jer show off their bachelor pad; the family competes in a corn maze race. 

Airs July 21, 2020

Will badges and guns be shown? Will Jed! divulge why he had to move out, or are they going to play this like it's two guys out on their own?

Edited by Sew Sumi
Forgot airdate
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Will badges and guns be shown? Will Jed! divulge why he had to move out, or are they going to play this like it's two guys out on their own?

i go with the play part. 

• Love 4
(edited)

so much to snark on - twin beds a few feet apart in a 3 bedroom house??  Nothing in a living room or kitchen like they actually live there.

"our first closet" WTH

edited to add  are they not going to say the only reason JED! was allowed to move out was to run for office in a district that didn't include the TTH??

and if they do we will be free to talk about it here

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so much to snark on - twin beds a few feet apart in a 3 bedroom house??  Nothing in a living room or kitchen like they actually live there.

"our first closet" WTH

I really hope this whole thing was faked and those two still live at the duggar house. Not saying that I wouldn’t  love any of these kids too have their own place but seriously that is a weird setup. I hope if they really live there when the cameras went away they took separate rooms and bought more beds and kept this room as a pretence to “mom and pops” that they still sleeping in the same room. 

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

"our first closet" WTH

edited to add  are they not going to say the only reason JED! was allowed to move out was to run for office in a district that didn't include the TTH??

and if they do we will be free to talk about it here

Plus bunk beds in the other room, lol. Sinner twin is really short plus not so cute anymore. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

No mention of the campaign, and Boob claims any of them could move out at 18 if they wish. Suuuure. I also guess it's too embarrassing for them to admit that for Jed! to live there, he needs an accountability partner. 

• Love 13
(edited)
14 hours ago, Nysha said:

They're grown men sleeping in twin beds in the same room in their own house with 3 bedrooms?!? The Duggars have lived in their own little bubble so long they can't even fake normal for a few hours. 

we are twins so twin beds..... you are grown men

14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The sound wouldn’t play for me. Yay?

i find the duggar videos hilarious without sound

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

No mention of the campaign, and Boob claims any of them could move out at 18 if they wish. Suuuure. I also guess it's too embarrassing for them to admit that for Jed! to live there, he needs an accountability partner. 

How do Boob and Jed lie so easily? Oh I forgot both are/have been politicians. 

• Love 6

They don't have a single table or chair? How do they eat? Why are there two bunk beds in one room and then the twins are in twin beds two feet apart in the other room? "Our first closet"? This is the weirdest setup I've ever seen. Obviously a crash pad at best.

It's funny, for some reason I'm most curious about those bunk beds. Just, why?

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, rue721 said:

For when their chaperones/brothers come to visit.

Are they sharing bedrooms so they can be accountable to each other about "private time"?

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

For when their chaperones/brothers come to visit.

Are they sharing bedrooms so they can be accountable to each other about "private time"?

That would be my guess.  Unless they are "sly" and experimenting.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
54 minutes ago, rue721 said:

They don't have a single table or chair? How do they eat? Why are there two bunk beds in one room and then the twins are in twin beds two feet apart in the other room? "Our first closet"? This is the weirdest setup I've ever seen. Obviously a crash pad at best.

in one of JED!s first instagram posts he is with Jeer and 2 other guys at a coffee shop "just down the road from my house" i think others live there with Jed and Jeer. accountability. what if they took a long shower etc

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 8

Usually the term "bachelor pad" connotes that women will be coming over. Nothing about this is attractive. Again, I know it's Duggar world, but are they not the least bit embarrassed to be moved out and sharing a room in a three-bedroom house? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

It may have never accorded to them that they could each have a room. After all they never have been alone and may not know any single men who live away from the family.

They claimed that JD moved out for a while doing "flying stuff." Wouldn't he have been an example? Unless they're lying about that, too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

They claimed that JD moved out for a while doing "flying stuff." Wouldn't he have been an example? Unless they're lying about that, too.

I wonder if J.D. lived alone or one of the boys stayed with him? Who knows what they tell the truth about. All I know that as a Christian they embarrass me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

This whole thing is bizarre. And hilarious !

Hilarious and, like, super depressing at the same time. Funny how much Duggar stuff is like that. 😁

1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Wanna bet that all their meals are eaten at the big house?

They'd have to be. Nobody to cook at Jed!'s house. WIthout Jana and Hannie, they'd starve to death. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

So they don't have a kitchen table or even a couch to sit down, so where to they eat?

Wanna bet that all their meals are eaten at the big house?

and Jana or Hannie does their laundry. 

• Love 8

These people just keep pwning themselves and I for one am here for it. Two twin beds in the same room, "we are both twins" , dear god JED! you are just a genuine genius. 

I hope his future plans fall flat.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

So they don't have a kitchen table or even a couch to sit down, so where to they eat?

Apparently at the ping pong table, on chairs that were picked up on n the side of the road, according to a clip Jana posted.

Screenshots:

0C5F91FE-F583-41A9-B304-7FCC8297B1CC.jpeg

28916558-8C57-4383-8988-187B4E6923FD.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 12
Just now, Chicklet said:

"we would diversify from there" 

Good grief why. And they are acting like they directed this relief effort.

Well, they did show up with  badges, armed to the teeth. I'm sure some locals thought they were in charge. 😬

4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

This whole thing is bizarre. And hilarious !

I literally laughed until I cried reading all the posts on here about their bizarre "bachelor pad." 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I literally laughed until I cried reading all the posts on here about their bizarre "bachelor pad." 

Make sure to watch the video. It's...something. 😃

• Love 5

When they talked about putting in a small dining table and couldn't fit in the whole family, Jed said something along the lines of "we could fit a couple of the married ones".  So, to clarify, only the married-off siblings can come over? Why is it that marriage is what allows these people to hang out together away from their parents?  And would Jill and Deertick be included in that inviation? 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

When they talked about putting in a small dining table and couldn't fit in the whole family, Jed said something along the lines of "we could fit a couple of the married ones".  So, to clarify, only the married-off siblings can come over? Why is it that marriage is what allows these people to hang out together away from their parents?  And would Jill and Deertick be included in that inviation? 

Because marriage is what makes them adults in their world and community. Until they get married, they are still kids under their parents headship. After they get married, they either become their headships or the husbands became the headships. It's adds to pressure and desire to get married to gain status as an adult. 

As for Jill and Derick, good question! My guess is no, but who knows. 

40 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

So Jed! and Jer are basically Bert and Ernie?

Brilliant!

• Love 12

Jed's turn of a phrase when discussing why he moved out was interesting. He said something like it was where he needed to be at this point of his life. A throw-away comment unless one knows the backstory.

• Love 17