Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/13/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, bannana said:

So does that mean white mantle, yellow wall, flag pic are in their DC apt?  Ben had that backdrop this week.  That would mean MeAgain was never in NYC, even at the beginning.

I'm sure flags, presidential portraits and guns are prominently displayed in both the DC and NYC apartments.  She also seems like the type that would have matching night stands with the constitution & Dolly Parton's photo on them so that she always feels at home when she takes selfies with her head on her satin pillowcase like a lovestruck 'tween.

56 minutes ago, bannana said:

True "firebrands" don't usually change their minds as often as MM.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 9

That Decider article shows how much more talking time Meghan gets.  Joy says 2 sentences.  Meghan has parts of 3 paragraphs.  Anyway, cancel the election!  John McCain’s daughter has spoken!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, carrps said:

I live in California. All my bookcases/display cases are bolted to the wall. I think it's a good idea in any state.

She’d know this if she had read the baby books. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Axie said:

That Decider article shows how much more talking time Meghan gets.  Joy says 2 sentences.  Meghan has parts of 3 paragraphs.  Anyway, cancel the election!  John McCain’s daughter has spoken!

Can we?

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Nick Cannon has always been an ass.

Isn’t his original claim to fame being somebody’s boy toy when he was a backup dancer or singer for her? Not necessarily any actual talent? And now MM thinks he’ll be a one term president...wasn’t she saying this week that if we keep up like this he will get re-elected? Pick a lane. 

imwouldnt have recognized khloe k...just sad.  

This was what Khloe said today:

"I am really appreciating the reset button and all the time I do get to spend with her. I try to find the positive in anything. With all the negative, there is a lot of positive as well ... I think just like for everybody at first it was really uncertain and sort of scary for everybody ... but now I feel like I found my rhythm and my new normal."

Wow, I thought this was incredibly tone deaf.  First of all, she is so wealthy that she could afford to take off a year or two to spend more time with her daughter, she didn't need a pandemic for that.

But to state that the upside is that she, a woman of privilege, has been obliged to slow down, and reset, and that is a good thing, when most people are either working on the front lines, or have lost their jobs and cannot pay the rent, or are working from home and trying to take care of their children at the same time.  You would think these privileged celebrities would find a better way to talk about this, and acknowledge that no matter what they are going through, nothing compares to what the majority of people are dealing with.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Isn’t his original claim to fame being somebody’s boy toy when he was a backup dancer or singer for her? Not necessarily any actual talent?

Mariah Carey. She gave birth to twins during their marriage.

• Love 3

TPTB need to use a mute button to shut her up as soon as she gets to the same # of seconds the other hosts got to speak. She would need to learn to get to the point faster, like a professional.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Whoopi has been on her A game this week. She's consistently looked great and I especially like her look today.

I was thinking she took a page out of Al Roker's playbook and is getting into bright eye wear.  I didn't love the shape but the orange suits her.  I was also feeling the headband. 

As for Nick Cannon, a few years ago he decided to leave his hosting gig on America's Got Talent because he knew there was some jokes he made on a Showtime comedy special he did that were racially charged towards NBC, and in a weird way, wanted to get ahead of it while blasting the network.  I feel that he's doing the same thing.  I respect his hustle in building his empire.  BUT, somehow he needs to remember that he's employed by other people.  And while he's entitled to his opinions (which I really don't agree with) and he expressed them on a format that he has full creative control over, what he puts out there gets tied to people who hired him for other projects.  And if what he puts out doesn't mesh with the company's morals, he shouldn't be that shocked when they say "You're fired, bye" then go ranting about it while issuing an apology to those who needed it. The only thing I was surprised by is that he didn't own the rights to Wild N Out.  He has The Masked Singer and a talk show set to launch this fall.  Let's see how that plays out. 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/14/2020 at 6:40 PM, bannana said:

Anybody notice the look on MeAgain's face when Amy said she wasn't the pregnant girl in overalls with a kerchief tied around her head? MeAgain was wearing one of her headbands with the knot at the top. She looked a little flustered when Amy said that.

On The Spot What GIF by Rooster Teeth

I wonder if this was why Meghan wore a skinny black plastic or metallic headband today. one that I don't recall seeing before.

My local stations quit working for about 15 minutes this morning, so I didn't see the Khloe Kardashian segment, but I was curious because of what everybody here was saying, so I just watched it on Hulu, and boy, you guys weren't kidding.  And who shows that much cleavage, highlighter included, at what would've been for her 8:30 in the morning?  Plus, the fingernails!  She puts Carmela Soprano to shame.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is nothing if not predictable.  She will forever defend her tribe.  Correct me I am wrong but wasn't Nick Cannon a guest not too long ago.  And they all loved him then.  But now that he has said something offensive he is just dead to her?  What if he shows remorse and understands what he said is offensive and does better?  Will she applaud his growth or is he cancelled permanently with her?

Exactly, and don't Nick and Whoopi kind of go back? I was expecting Whoopi to do her usual, oh no he's not racist, he's a good kid, I know him. She said if you don't know history, don't say anything. She's been more forgiving of people a lot more hurtful. 

I honestly think Nick's a nice guy and can learn and grow. I don't mean to make light of any sort of bigotry. I don't like it toward people of any color, culture, religion, anyone. But even prior to the comments Nick made, people bashed him a lot in general. I didn't get that. He has worked his butt off for many, many years and is an incredibly hard worker. For awhile he even slept in his car as a teen when he was trying to make it. I believe he came from a humble background and has had incredible success in show business juggling many jobs. That takes talent and a work ethic. He was not some nobody who married Mariah Carey and has had it easy since. I remember years ago, Barbara asked if Mariah had paid for her own ring. It was incredibly rude, and Nick was worth a lot of money at that time too.  

I am glad Meghan at least brought up that Nick is a smart, educated man. I don't know. Maybe I'd feel just as strongly that Nick is bigoted if I weren't familiar with him for many years? I am the first person to defend any community that is oppressed. Like Sunny, it shouldn't matter whether or not someone is a certain color, religion, sexual orientation, etc themselves. We should all care for one another as humans, and especially look out for the vulnerable. 

I just can't with these ladies. Whoopi will defend a pedophile, that it wasn't "rape-rape," and n word and "oven dodger" hurling homophobe Mel Gibson. Meghan will defend Tucker "Iraqis are semiliterate primitive monkeys" "Carlson, and fan girls over Howard Stern, the man who made a career out of being a shocking provocateur and has used black face and the n word. But Nick Cannon is evil? In Joy's defense, at the top of my head I don't recall her excusing other people's terrible behavior.

Also, Nick has since apologized, and his apology was an apology. Not like Tucker's sorry, not sorry.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Does anyone know what Khloe Kardasian actually does that she doesn't normally have as much time as she'd like with her daughter?

I wasn't really listening that hard to her segment, but she shares custody of her child with her ex-partner, so that's probably what she meant.

• Useful 1
30 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I wasn't really listening that hard to her segment, but she shares custody of her child with her ex-partner, so that's probably what she meant.

The three of them have been socially isolating together at her home since the pandemic began, and it has resulted in his longest period of fidelity to her.

Khloe is big on pretentious and lofty word salads that make her seem like an enlightened being. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Forty-five seconds and click. Meghan’s parents did her no favor letting her think that her (rambling, semi-coherent, teen angst) opinion matters so much more than anyone else’s. Or maybe they told her to pipe down and this is her juvenile response. MeMeMeMeghan.

• Love 12

Does anyone know what Meghan said, that was directed at Joy, that made Whoopie look exasperated and say, “that was..”, but then Whoopie was interrupted and never finished her statement?  Jesus.  Now I’m writing like Meghan talks....

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Why, why, why do we have to hear about Nick Cannon for a second day?

"I'm still talking, Joy".  I'm still talking Joy.  I'm still talking Joy.  I'm still talking Joy.  Joy said one syllable! 

Meghan is getting more and more insufferable.  Something's got to be done about this.

Joy's the one being snippy?!!!!  Projection alert!

Well, maybe Joy should keep doing what she's doing, and Meghan will stop coming to work.

I kind of love how the other ladies are laughing at her.  I envy them; I wish I could do that.

• Love 16
(edited)
8 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan once again is getting into a spat with Joy, only Joy kept laughing and teasing Meghan which made Meghan roll her eyes.

This week is something else.

Meghan mentioned Chick-Fil-A not being affected by the news that they had backed politicians that were against same sex marriage.  Bad example, as Chick-Fil-A is, I believe a Christian, conservative owned company, of course their sales would go up.  They are even closed on Sunday.

But....I'm still talking Joy!"

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

And when not talking Meg lets out loud dismissive sighs. Joy should have said “I’m still talking, Meg!”

The recurrence in CA is not Fauci’s fault, Meg. It’s because people didnt listen to him. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Joy's the one being snippy?!!!!

You just know Meghan was the tattletale in school.

1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Meghan mentioned Chick-Fil-A not being affected by the news that they had backed politicians that were against same sex marriage.  Bad example, as Chick-Fil-A is, I believe a Christian, conservative owned company, of course their sales would go up.  They are even closed on Sunday.

I cannot see a Chick-Fil-A without thinking what a horrible hateful company they are. I have never and will never go there.  And since Meghan is such an "ally" of the LGTBQ community I wonder if she eats there.

• Love 16
(edited)
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

And since Meghan is such an "ally" of the LGTBQ community I wonder if she eats there.

She slipped up and said she does while pearl clutching over boycotts of products. She said if she boycotted every product she disagreed with she’d only be eating chic fil a.  Oops.  

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Oh boy, Meghan is hormonal today.  “ I don’t have to be here, today”.  Bye bye!

So leave Meghan!  Please leave!

• Love 15
13 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I was thinking she took a page out of Al Roker's playbook and is getting into bright eye wear.  I didn't love the shape but the orange suits her.  I was also feeling the headband. 

As for Nick Cannon, a few years ago he decided to leave his hosting gig on America's Got Talent because he knew there was some jokes he made on a Showtime comedy special he did that were racially charged towards NBC, and in a weird way, wanted to get ahead of it while blasting the network.  I feel that he's doing the same thing.  I respect his hustle in building his empire.  BUT, somehow he needs to remember that he's employed by other people.  And while he's entitled to his opinions (which I really don't agree with) and he expressed them on a format that he has full creative control over, what he puts out there gets tied to people who hired him for other projects.  And if what he puts out doesn't mesh with the company's morals, he shouldn't be that shocked when they say "You're fired, bye" then go ranting about it while issuing an apology to those who needed it. The only thing I was surprised by is that he didn't own the rights to Wild N Out.  He has The Masked Singer and a talk show set to launch this fall.  Let's see how that plays out. 

So I'll apologize about Nick Cannon--apparently he does have talent and smarts to build a small empire. Good for him. Didn't know that much about him before.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Whoopie is definitely not used to getting pushed back against as strongly as Tiffany Cross was doing.  Since we don't get to see that happen very often, it was an interesting dynamic to watch.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I cannot see a Chick-Fil-A without thinking what a horrible hateful company they are. I have never and will never go there.  And since Meghan is such an "ally" of the LGTBQ community I wonder if she eats there.

Yes, she has bragged about eating there. That is how she stays so fit. That and the shootin'.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

“I’m still talking, Joy.”  Yes, we know, Meghan. You never stop talking.

I don't understand why the powers that be think this rude person is a good fit for this show. I can't believe that Joy enjoys being treated this way.  

And who or what is Meghan looking at constantly off to her left? 

• Love 10
(edited)

2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yes, she has bragged about eating there. That is how she stays so fit. That and the shootin'.

Yeah, and then she backtracked very fast because she realizes that blows up all her pretensions that she's a LGBT ally. But I've always said anyone can see from how she acts alone that she is NOT a LGBT ally and she is not a friend to women. It may be politically advantageous for her to pretend she is those things, but she's so clearly full of shit.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Whoopi was waaaay out of her league trying to argue with Tiffany.  For that matter, The Whoopster is always out of her league.

Tiffany Cross is smart, and she does her homework. And she doesn't back down for fools. She subbed for Joy Reid on AM Joy weekend before last, and she was really good.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, and then she backtracked very fast because she realizes that blows up all her pretensions that she's a LGBT ally. But I've always said anyone can see from how she acts alone that she is NOT a LGBT ally and she is not a friend to women. It may be politically advantageous for her to pretend she is those things, but she's so clearly full of shit.

I asked one of my best friends who is a gay man if Meghan can still be considered an ally and he said absolutely not.   Not eating there is literally the least you can do to be supportive of LGTBQ and she can't even do that.

• Love 8

I get what Whoopi was saying. Tiffany gave off the vibe of “it’s a Black woman or else.”  Sunny has often sounded that way too.  I’d like to ask questions about this so I can understand, but I doubt it is allowed here. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I absolutely love Tiffany Cross and I will be getting her book. I loved how she handled Whoopie on their disagreement about Tammy Duckworth, she challenged her without being nasty and bombastic, this is how it is done Nutmeg.  The dynamic between them was fascinating.  I agreed with everything that she said regarding Black voters and why we should make demands with our vote.   I am pretty sure that Sunny was happy with Tiffany's points on why it is imperative for Biden to pick a qualified Black woman to be his VP.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
(edited)
14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Does anyone know what Khloe Kardasian actually does that she doesn't normally have as much time as she'd like with her daughter?

Searching for the next baby daddy is a hard when sports teams are not playing.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Axie said:

Unpopular opinion, I’m sure, but, I thought Tiffany Cross was a little disrespectful when talking about Tammy Duckworth.

She suggested Duckworth would make a wonderful Secretary of Defense, so I'm not sure that's entirely disrespectful.  Although I suspect she may be given Joy Reid's weekend morning show, I would LOVE to see Tiffany Cross on The View more often.  Or Ana.  Why can't we have nice things?

Edited by KayVeeTeeVee
  • Love 12