Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/13/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Dr. Fauci is not in politics, no matter what Meghan says. 

And If he had actual power, and was calling the shots, things would be a lot different right now.

I haven't watched today's episode yet,  but when did Meghan turn against Dr. Fauci? I stopped regularly watching for months,  and only started recording again this week.  I remember when this whole coronavirus first hit all the ladies loved Fauci including Meggy.

• Love 10

I guess I am just too jaded now to feel like the shtick between Meghan and Joy is authentic anymore.  At this point, I am sure they are both in on the act and Joy doesn't mind playing her part.  Last year she made a comment on the show to this point and earlier in the week said she loves it on twitter, so, there ya have it as far as I am concerned.  It gets them all what they want.  Attention for the show.  Keeps the advertisers happy.  I'm over it though.  When I want fake, made up drama, I watch 90 Day Fiance.  I'm not looking for it here.  But Meghan will be awfully pleased.  She's finally turned The View into the morning version of the Housewives franchise. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I haven't watched today's episode yet,  but when did Meghan turn against Dr. Fauci? I stopped regularly watching for months,  and only started recording again this week.  I remember when this whole coronavirus first hit all the ladies loved Fauci including Meggy.

Her team hates him so she hates him too...

• Love 15
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

You just know Meghan was the tattletale in school.

I cannot see a Chick-Fil-A without thinking what a horrible hateful company they are. I have never and will never go there.  And since Meghan is such an "ally" of the LGTBQ community I wonder if she eats there.

I moved from a lifetime in the Chicago ‘burbs to the Atlanta suburbs. Huge culture shock. I call this ridiculous franchise The Illiterate Cow, and their self-righteous bible beating is for show.  They were open all day and all evening on Christmas Day. I know this because I left my mom’s hospital bedside at 9 pm and was starving. I did not give them my business. 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I guess I am just too jaded now to feel like the shtick between Meghan and Joy is authentic anymore.  At this point, I am sure they are both in on the act and Joy doesn't mind playing her part.  Last year she made a comment on the show to this point and earlier in the week said she loves it on twitter, so, there ya have it as far as I am concerned.  It gets them all what they want.  Attention for the show.  Keeps the advertisers happy.  I'm over it though.  When I want fake, made up drama, I watch 90 Day Fiance.  I'm not looking for it here.  But Meghan will be awfully pleased.  She's finally turned The View into the morning version of the Housewives franchise. 

The ladies of the view have always said how much they love each other even when we know it is not true..  I think Joy is being a company gal by going along with whatever they tell her to say to keep the peace.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Her team hates him so she hates him too...

Wow, yeah I guess. I was a bit surprised by the disdainful way she spoke of him this week. I thought wow, she's changed her tone. Of course it's all about her team.  

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The ladies of the view have always said how much they love each other even when we know it is not true..  I think Joy is being a company gal by going along with whatever they tell her to say to keep the peace.  

Either way, it's just too phony for me at this point.  Whether she is doing it for the show or not, it just screams fake bullshit.  I've been with the show since day one and this is the least authentic panel out of all them.  Probably 80% due to that vile beast McCain and 20% due to social media demands.  I am 100% over it.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Totally not surprised. Meghan is supportive in name only. Foregoing a chicken sandwich is just too hard for her I guess.

Chicken?  No red-blooded patriotic American eats chicken while smoking cigars, drinking whiskey, and shooting innocent mammals with their American semi-automatic weapons!  They eat BEEF, or they are pussy pinkos!

1 hour ago, cinsays said:

I don't understand why the powers that be think this rude person is a good fit for this show. I can't believe that Joy enjoys being treated this way.  

And who or what is Meghan looking at constantly off to her left? 

Ben is holding cue cards?

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Joy was correct to point out (by mocking her) that interrupting MM is only an issue when Joy does it.  Whoopi interrupted her and MM didn't say jack.

This is exactly the point.  Joy said one word, MeAgain went off on her.  When Whoopi interrupted MeAgain, Joy went in for the "kill shot" (as MeAgain likes to say) to say: she's still talking. It was brilliant. 

2 hours ago, Axie said:

Does anyone know what Meghan said, that was directed at Joy, that made Whoopie look exasperated and say, “that was..”, but then Whoopie was interrupted and never finished her statement?  Jesus.  Now I’m writing like Meghan talks....

I think Whoopi was reacting to MeAgain's tantrum, specifically when she said she didn't have to stay at work today.  But Sunny interrupted so we didn't get Whoopi's reaction, which would have probably been pretty good.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She blamed him for the resurgence in CA and the fact that her friends in the beauty industry can’t work. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Either way, it's just too phony for me at this point.  Whether she is doing it for the show or not, it just screams fake bullshit.  I've been with the show since day one and this is the least authentic panel out of all them.  Probably 80% due to that vile beast McCain and 20% due to social media demands.  I am 100% over it.

I feel you and it is Megan, they are all trying to placate her. You can see it on their faces how they really feel about her.   The panel puts up with her cause they have to.  I believe Joy is really friends with Ana and Sunny. She also bonded with Paula and Abby.  She and Whoopie are worker friends who will hang out with each other but it is not a deep friendship.. Joy was really happy with the original panel and that was the best version of the View..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 16
16 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I maybe wrong but I think it was around the time the anti-knockdown rallies were first started. She made comments about the doctors being completely wrong about the number of people that were going to die, blah blah blah. Thankfully, Sarah pointed we had stay at home orders so the numbers weren't higher.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I cannot see a Chick-Fil-A without thinking what a horrible hateful company they are. I have never and will never go there.  And since Meghan is such an "ally" of the LGTBQ community I wonder if she eats there.

Well, her bestie, Clay Aiken, a gay man, still goes there.  He said it in a radio interview about a year or two ago.   I was kind of surprised--I thought he  would have joined the boycott, even though he had often said (before the boycott) that Chick Fil A was his favorite fast food.

I boycotted them for years, and then I said to myself, wait, there are probably dozens of companies I patronize whom I disagree with--I just don't know enough about them and I'm too lazy to look them up, so I patronize them.  So I ended my boycott.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I thought this very same thing as I watched this mess this morning. I am not looking to watch a show that makes my blood pressure rise and contributes to my despair. I would like a show that was much less vitriolic and upsetting. I don't need this shit right now. But in the words of Meghan McCain "I will say this" #cancelmeghanmccainorthevieworbothidontcare

Edited by GiveMeSpace
errors in spelling
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

The first time she said something anti-Fauci was maybe a week or two before their 4th of July break.  It was surprising, since she did seem to respect him prior to then.  

38 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Yes, Meghan, You are paid to talk, but you aren’t paid to talk incessantly!!

Meghan doesn't seem to realize that she's also paid to listen.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I get what Whoopi was saying. Tiffany gave off the vibe of “it’s a Black woman or else.”  Sunny has often sounded that way too.  I’d like to ask questions about this so I can understand, but I doubt it is allowed here. 

I loved the exchange and thought they were both very respectful.  I think their positions are indicative of the differences in generations within Black people.   Whoopi's generation was fighting for basic civil rights, the right to live, work and be educated like everyone else.  Society responded by removing the legal barriers but the structural barriers in many ways still remained.  Tiffany's generation is all about removing those structural barriers.  I think Tiffany and Sunny look at how various groups are catered to and rewarded by the Republican party in policy and political positions, such as evangelicals (think Pence) and want the Democratic party to do the same for Black women who are far more loyal to Democrats than any of those other groups are to Republicans.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
7 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I loved the exchange and thought they were both very respectful.  I think their positions are indicative of the differences in generations within Black people.   Whoopi's generation was fighting for basic civil rights, the right to live, work and be educated like everyone else.  Society responded by removing the legal barriers but the structural barriers in many ways still remained.  Tiffany's generation is all about removing those structural barriers.  I think Tiffany and Sunny look at how various groups are catered to and rewarded by the Republican party in policy and political positions, such as evangelicals (think Pence) and want the Democratic party to do the same for Black women who are far more loyal to Democrats than any of those other groups are to Republicans.

Beautiful post and well said...

The generation  before Whoopie thought you were crazy for even wanting  and fighting for civil rights, knowing the repercussions that can arise when you challenge the status quo.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

hen Sunny talks for a bit, makes the point that ted Cruz and other republicans were fine with  boycotting NIKE  over Colin Kaepernick, and while Sunny is STILL TALKING, Meghan mutters, "I was against that."  then, because she thought nobody heard her over Sunny, says again, "I was against it," and when Sunny was done talking, says FOR THE THIRD TIME that , by the way, SHE, princess McCain, in case anyone was wondering or didn't hear her the first two times, was against the NIKE boycott. 

I don't remember Meghan being against the Nike boycott.   I thought I remember her saying this would cost Nike.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
32 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Then Meghan speaks a mile a minute, adds a bunch of random numbers, compares this to other boycotts, lots of numbers she pulls out of who knows where, says the same thing 17 different ways,  keeps on going as if she is giving a lecture on the history of political boycotts.  Joy tries to say something, Meghan snaps "I'm still talking, JOY!"  and keeps her energizer  bunny mouth going.  Whoopi tries to wrap it up, and Joy laughs and says "She's still talking, Whoopi!"  Meghan than snaps at  Joy.  Joy laughs through it, because Joy realizes that Meghan is coming across as an idiot. 

I'm convinced there must be a class in Filibustering for Bottle Blonde Republicans, since they all seem to have learned to never pause for liberals to talk.  I knew Meghan would talk twice as long as she intended to just because Joy dared to try to interject the same way MM does 50 times a day. Whoopi, Joy & Sunny should say "I'm still talking" whenever she interrupts them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Then Sunny talks for a bit, makes the point that ted Cruz and other republicans were fine with  boycotting NIKE  over Colin Kaepernick, and while Sunny is STILL TALKING, Meghan mutters, "I was against that."  then, because she thought nobody heard her over Sunny, says again, "I was against it," and when Sunny was done talking, says FOR THE THIRD TIME that , by the way, SHE, princess McCain, in case anyone was wondering or didn't hear her the first two times, was against the NIKE boycott. 

Taken as a whole, this was classic Meghan McCain.   Don't you dare interrupt me while I am talking, but  if someone says something that I have an opinion on, I WILL TALK, DAMMIT!  DON"T CANCEL ME! 

Yes, exactly.  She also had the gall to say that she was not a hypocrite, because Sunny was implying people who were for the Nike boycott but against the Goya one, were hypocrites. MeAgain took that to mean her of course.

It's funny when she says she is not a hypocrite when only this week she was a complete hypocrite on the cancel culture thing.

Plus she is a hypocrite on Fauci to.  She doesn't like him because the pandemic has gotten worse.  But why has it gotten worse?  Everyone knows why but she blames Fauci.  She's drinking the Kool Aid again.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't remember Meghan being against the Nike boycott.   I thought I remember her saying this would cost Nike.

When there was an NRA "boycott" by companies who removed themselves from the NRA member benefits roster, didn't MeAgain say in turn that she would boycott Delta Airlines?

I also found online that the Chick-fil-A boycott did work as the company stopped making donations to anti-LGBTQ groups.  Wrong again, MeAgain.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

When there was an NRA "boycott" by companies who removed themselves from the NRA member benefits roster, didn't MeAgain say in turn that she would boycott Delta Airlines?

Oh yes she did. That I do remember.

4 minutes ago, bannana said:

I also found online that the Chick-fil-A boycott did work as the company stopped making donations to anti-LGBTQ groups.  Wrong again, MeAgain.

But the damage has already been done. They are forever tainted by their original stance.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, bannana said:

Plus she is a hypocrite on Fauci to.  She doesn't like him because the pandemic has gotten worse.  But why has it gotten worse?  Everyone knows why but she blames Fauci.  She's drinking the Kool Aid again.

It's yet another attempt to "both sides" this. Apparently,  Dr. Fauci must be held responsible for changing his advice as the coronavirus situation evolved, but Trump can't be held responsible for undermining Dr. Fauci, lying about covid testing, and waiting several months before donning a mask.

As for Meghan vs. Joy, I'm tired of (wait for it) both sides! Meghan's bad faith arguments, word salad, and sense of entitlement generate buzz at the expense of insight or well-researched commentary. While Joy is more likeable, her arguments are repetitive and she apparently enjoys the "sparks," so there's that. I really dislike the way Joy brings Trump to every conversation.  We know, Joy.

• Love 7
(edited)

Megan’s I don’t have to be here takes the cake. Where you gonna be momma out shopping for a crib?  She is so miserable it is hard to take. As I sit here in expandable waistEd pants and T-shirt I wouldn’t wear anyplace but to bed I have to fixate on her wrinkled sleeves.    Makes me laugh since my son texted me the other day and asked if I had a ironing board. 
Also I have friends out here in California in the medical field who are exhausted and getting burned out so maybe her ride or die BFF should put It in perspective. 
I agree that these women have different levels of friendship and I believe after MeeAgain shoots her mouth off she gets lots of flack and she then posts how she loves sparing with Joy.   So what’s Joy going to say? It’s just such a lack of respect and professionalism that to me would be hard to show up. I guess it’s gotta be easier not being in the studio and know that a glass of vino  is within reach after the hour is through. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typing
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Yes, Meghan, You are paid to talk, but you aren’t paid to talk incessantly!!

or to talk over the other women or to be mean and nasty with your comments and loud sighs

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, bannana said:

Meghan said that Chick-fil-A had an increase in revenue or something after the boycott.  I could be wrong, but I thought at the time that  it was explained somewhere that the increase was because at the same time the boycott was happening, Chick-fil-A was expanding into northern markets.   I remember thinking, yeah, that makes sense, because I had been completely unfamiliar with the restaurant until the year that the boycott happened AND there was a chick-fil-A in the chicago suburbs.   It's not that the boycott backfired.  plus - people are still aware, and still boycotting, where the "buy-cott"  fizzled out. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, cinsays said:

or to talk over the other women or to be mean and nasty with your comments and loud sighs

This is why she isn't invited anywhere else to be a part of a political discussion.

1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

It's not that the boycott backfired.  plus - people are still aware, and still boycotting, where the "buy-cott"  fizzled out. 

This is true. People who take part of a buy-cott usually do so for a short period of time. But boycotts can last forever.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

She blamed him for the resurgence in CA and the fact that her friends in the beauty industry can’t work

Well, it certainly looked like Meghan has had her hair freshly colored and it also looked like she had a nice manicure, so wherever Meghan is, the beauty industry is still open.  I noticed both of these things, and was thinking that she's crying about not being able to buy a crib, but she is certainly getting her hair and nails done.

I completely understand what she was saying about California, but you can't blame that on Dr. Fauci - the blame lies wherever his advice isn't being followed strongly, whether it be citizens not following social distancing and mask wearing, or Governor Newsom for opening too many things too quickly, or somewhere in the middle of both those things.  Regardless of what you think, Meghan, Dr. Fauci is NOT in politics - he is in science, and the majority of the Republican party has chosen to make non-compliance with science political, not Dr. Fauci.

And, yes, Dr. Fauci has not been 100% correct in certain things during this pandemic, but it's because this is a new virus that seems to be confusing a lot of the scientific experts in the world.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Meghan can bitch at Joy all she wants, but Joy (and Sunny) interrupting Whoopi saved Meghan from being yelled at on live television. Whoopi was pissed.

So was I!

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Meghan can bitch at Joy all she wants, but Joy (and Sunny) interrupting Whoopi saved Meghan from being yelled at on live television. Whoopi was pissed.

she may have been pissed but for some reason meghan is untouchable and it is wrecking the show.

who is the abc guy that loves her and is keeping her regardless of what everyone else thinks?

• Love 12

Probably 80% due to that vile beast McCain

Thanks for my biggest laugh of the day.  

I for one don't think the back and forth between Joy & Megan is fake.  Not many people can put up with her deplorable, unprofessional antics.  She should have been fired a long time ago.  Who wants to go to work everyday and fight with their coworker?  I applaud Joy for keeping it together as much as she does.   And I don't get why Whoopi didn't chastise the princess for her "I'm still talking" line as well as her extremely loud sighs.  That was a new low.  If Anna was there she would put McCain in her place.  I can't wait until MM goes on maternity leave.  We won't miss you.  

• Love 13

Remember one thing - it's all about the ratings. Apparently, viewers can't get enough of Meghan's attitude and her battles with Joy - and the ratings prove it, which makes it a show advertisers want to buy commercial time on. So long as the advertisers are keeping ABC afloat, the longer Meghan will have her seat at the table. (Same with Rosie and Hasslebeck).  And from what's been reported - they're having one of their best seasons ever.

• Love 3
(edited)

Maybe that means that while she’s on maternity leave, we the viewers have to make sure the ratings are sky high and we send in comments to ABC about enjoying the show.  Maybe if they see, over a longer period, that they don’t need her for ratings, they’ll start to listen.  And I’d really like to know what Whoopi was going to say to MM after her outburst.  She’s so obnoxious...people,start to talk over you because you Never. Shut.Up!

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • Love 6

I know a lot of us joke that Meghan’s blue card talking points come directly from her husband. Today for the first time, I actually wondered if Meghan secretly records the morning meeting and plays it for Ben’s counterpoints. Meghan knew exactly what Joy was going to say about boycotting, and gave an immediate and smooth counterpoint.   Meghan is not quick on her feet, nor is she typically so succinct in her word salads. She was loaded and ready for Joy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Could someone explain what she was saying / getting at about Dr Fauci’s picture sitting near a swimming pool? I’ve deleted  and don’t want to retrieve it.  I was scratching me head about it. 

Dr. Fauci posed for a magazine like someone in a Brad Pitt movie. Her words. She criticized Beto o'Roarke for the same thing last year. She sees it as a sign that the attention has gone to their head.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Could someone explain what she was saying / getting at about Dr Fauci’s picture sitting near a swimming pool? I’ve deleted  and don’t want to retrieve it.  I was scratching me head about it. 

Here you go:

F0C20720-63E3-4ACA-89ED-DD6450862CC0.jpeg

• Love 7
1 hour ago, falltime said:

Dr. Fauci posed for a magazine like someone in a Brad Pitt movie. Her words. She criticized Beto o'Roarke for the same thing last year. She sees it as a sign that the attention has gone to their head.

Thanks. Yeah that makes sense ,a  dignified professional scientist and doctor best not indicate that he 1) sits  2) smile and be near water that might be interpreted as pleasurable .  That is just sounding ridiculous and desperate.  It’s not like he was at  a golf club  with a cocktail in his hand. Brad Pitt movie? Really that’s what he looks like?  She is exhausting. 

• Love 16

I’m not sure it’s planned between Joy and 200 words-per-minute Megaphone. Meg’s been in a ferocious mood lately, probably a combination of staying in and no partying. Joy has been breaking down under the stress and she frequently talks about how lousy Trump is and she seems very encompassed by her thoughts of him. I think Joy has checked out of Meg’s outbursts and ridiculousness as a coping mechanism because she can’t take anymore. Now she’s laughing at her, which pisses Meg off so we get more, pissy outbursts and moods. I’m sure they know the fighting brings ratings but Whoopi looked totally exasperated today and Joy is reduced to chuckling while MadMeg goes off day after day. Meghan seems naturally this mean and snappy so not sure how much is fake, lol. I was waiting for Meg to walk out and she probably will. And I’ll be there, laughing, can’t deny 😃 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

I was waiting for Meg to walk out and she probably will. And I’ll be there, laughing, can’t deny 😃 

It will be hilarious, because she'll storm off into......another part of her house.  There will be no producers to immediately scream at "backstage".

The only question is: would the show leave up an empty screen, allowing her to come back, if she wants, or will they just cut her feed for the rest of the show?

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1