Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/13/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

I am going to be so shallow here, but was there a memo sent around this weekend to overdo the contouring?  Perhaps, it's self-tanner?  Both Meghan and Jenna Hager (on the Today 4th hour) had obviously done so.  Maybe it's the at home lighting versus the studio lighting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Meghan had an overly glow-y, bronzer/self-tanner look going on this morning, so why was she was wearing a burgundy-colored top in a fabric that looked like something you would wear in a business environment during the fall or winter.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 2

There's been an interesting twitter exchange between Meghan & Joy but I can't figure out how to copy & paste it here. Anyway, the gist is that they both love the sparring (and each other). 

Yeah, right. Not buying it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

I am going to be so shallow here, but was there a memo sent around this weekend to overdo the contouring?  Perhaps, it's self-tanner?  Both Meghan and Jenna Hager (on the Today 4th hour) had obviously done so. 

20 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan had an overly glow-y, bronzer/self-tanner look going on this morning,

Ladies, ladies:  Her Majesty, the Idiot has allegedly had multiple compliments on her makeup don't you know, so much so that she had to do an Instagram Live or Story or whatever the hell it is called to share her makeup tips with her many, many admirers.  🙄

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

I am going to be so shallow here, but was there a memo sent around this weekend to overdo the contouring?  Perhaps, it's self-tanner?  Both Meghan and Jenna Hager (on the Today 4th hour) had obviously done so.  Maybe it's the at home lighting versus the studio lighting.

I noticed Megan’s nose too!   What ever it was It was making it look bigger.  I couldn’t figure out what makeup trick she was trying to do.  I’ve never even noticed her nose before and it looks gigantic.  Back to YouTube girl 

Whoopi’s  some come Some go some go was the stupidest comment ever ..... this day. 

They don’t seem like they are back from a break all refreshed and glad to see each other.  

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

They don’t seem like they are back from a break all refreshed and glad to see each other.  

This is true.  It seemed like they wanted to beat the crap out of each other.  And then, Greta could have rushed in with some super absorbent towels from VYD to clean up the carnage.

Has anyone else noticed that Meg’s mood always seems to the worst after they’ve been off for awhile and she’s had uninterrupted time with her husband?

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I couldn't stop laughing at Joy shrugging her shoulders when Meghan was shrieking about being tired of hearing Republicans don't care about education 😄 

Why does Meghan still not understand people mean the Republicans in office ? 

Educate yourself Meghan 😉

And of course she has to bring up a dem governor as having the worst remote schooling in the country.  Not sure where that stat comes from...and if VA is like WA, each district pretty much figured it out for their own district...the governor wasn’t involved or responsible.  That said, if we had a competent adult as secretary of Education, perhaps they would have been  able to provide some support to states as they struggled with the issue.  And why does she hate dr. Fauci so much all of a sudden? She even admitted the virus is a moving target and recommendations change.  

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

And why does she hate dr. Fauci so much all of a sudden? She even admitted the virus is a moving target and recommendations change.  

Because her husband told her to.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Awww, they are besties, don't you know?!

I know about this exchange thanks to The View official instagram page . They made a post about this. They are loving all the attention.

(edited)
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Three of them were thinking, "Boy, it was nice last week".....

2 hours ago, Axie said:

Has anyone else noticed that Meg’s mood always seems to the worst after they’ve been off for awhile and she’s had uninterrupted time with her husband?

.....Meanwhile, Meghan acted like she had been suppressing all this pent-up anger and frustration for almost two weeks, and she just had to let it all out.

1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

And of course she has to bring up a dem governor as having the worst remote schooling in the country.  Not sure where that stat comes from...

Guess who I saw on tv a few hours ago, in a news clip from last Wednesday, mentioning the same Fairfax school district that Meghan referenced.  Yep, Betsy DeVos.  Not sure why she thinks it's the worst run school district, but Meghan's going to take her word for it. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 7

I CAN'T STAND MEGHAN like most of the people on this board but maybe Joy should throw her a bone by saying "some Republicans" or "most Republicans" but when she says "ALL Republicans" that just really sets Meghan off!  Blanket statements, as a general rule, probably should be avoided by everybody anyway! (Was that just a blanket statement?)

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm sick of hearing about Jada/Will Smith.  Apparently they're fascinating people but I wish they'd both just go away.

It was probably an attempt to convince Scientologists that they are not each other's beard.  They aren't acting icons or marriage icons, Meggie.  Sunny's comment about him coming to them for help made it ultra icky.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

Well this was an interesting show to kick off the week and welcome each other back. It came across more as a bad Thanksgiving feast with the relatives who hate each other the most sitting at one end of the table together. If having a holiday dinner together is stressful, you decline the invitation - so MeAgain, if returning to work is stressful, you give your notice.

Random thoughts...

Why does MeAgain look like she has gray teeth ?

Instead of talking about Trump's loss by the Supremes last Thrusday, they devoted time to Will Smith and his wife, to reward a couple cheating in their marriage ? And then wasted more time with another 'VYD" ? Seriously ? Who cares about either ?

Whoopi's dismissal of those who departed with "They come and they go" (or however she brushed them off) sounded like she was referring to the revolving door of hosts they've seen over the past 23 years on the show. She didn't sound too sincere in the deaths of these celebrities / notables.

I thought for sure they were going to have Mary Trump on this week - most likely Tuesday - promoting her book. Instead we have 'Khloe Kardashian' and 'Amy Schumer' as guests ? I'll be FF'wding those interviews.

Yes, MeAgain - WE KNOW YOU'RE PREGNANT AND WE REALLY DON'T CARE!

I'm leaving the Observation deck now...

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan is constantly making incendiary remarks about Democrats in congress and Democrats like Joy who are laypeople.  Megan knows very well that when Joy is lambasting the Republicans that she is talking about those in D.C making laws.  I don't care about Nutmeg's feelings, she is always calling herself a tough chick while playing victim.  What a snowflake!

For real! Joy gets lots of hate, but the woman is a saint for how she puts up with Meghan. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Did you deliver her bronzer when you were there?    😉

That wasn't bronzer, that was shoe polish, but, no I didn't deliver it.  I was just dropping off a thousand pocket size copies of the Constitution and a catalog of cribs she can't buy.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Unfortunately, each time The View trends because of Meghan, her spot on the show is reinforced.  The only chance we have of her being fired would be if Twitter, etc. totally ignores her, and she'll make sure that never happens.

• Love 12

Whoopi the wordsmith, jumbled her words awkwardly, but i don't think she meant to be flippant. She said:

"We meet folks coming and going. And we always wanna let folks know (when they pass.)"

She meant WE meet people daily, coming and going. She didn't mean people come and go (die) daily.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

There's been an interesting twitter exchange between Meghan & Joy but I can't figure out how to copy & paste it here. Anyway, the gist is that they both love the sparring (and each other). 

Yeah, right. Not buying it.

Posted it earlier.

• Love 1

I am fairly new to this show. Meghan is the resident Republican, so I totally assumed there would be a bit of friction between her and the liberal Democrats. I’m actually surprised that I haven’t seen it before now. I found both her and Joy’s comments to be fair in their own way. As to the way Meghan looks when others are speaking, I just assumed that was due to her having RBF (Resting Bitch Face). Lol

Seriously, do we want to have a panel of people always agreeing with one another? I actually would have liked to see the argument continue, in the form of a reasonable discussion. Unfortunately the current format makes that difficult, as they often seem to be talking over one another. 

I’m glad that Gov Cuomo’s press conference took over in my area so I didn’t have to be subjected to the Will/Jada nonsense. Aren’t there other shows (like ET) to deal with that crap?

(edited)
11 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Random thoughts...

Why does MeAgain look like she has gray teeth ?

Instead of talking about Trump's loss by the Supremes last Thrusday, they devoted time to Will Smith and his wife, to reward a couple cheating in their marriage ? And then wasted more time with another 'VYD" ? Seriously ? Who cares about either ?

Whoopi's dismissal of those who departed with "They come and they go" (or however she brushed them off) sounded like she was referring to the revolving door of hosts they've seen over the past 23 years on the show. She didn't sound too sincere in the deaths of these celebrities / notables.

I thought for sure they were going to have Mary Trump on this week - most likely Tuesday - promoting her book. Instead we have 'Khloe Kardashian' and 'Amy Schumer' as guests ? I'll be FF'wding those interviews.

Yes, MeAgain - WE KNOW YOU'RE PREGNANT AND WE REALLY DON'T CARE!

I'm leaving the Observation deck now...

I was wondering several of these things, myself.  

Meghan's teeth do look grey - I don't know if she is maybe not going to the dentist for whitening procedures, or if it is something to do with her pregnancy, but it's very weird - she always had very bright white teeth before.

I thought that Whoopie's awkward moment with announcing those who passed was horrible!  Isn't she friends with John Travolta??  I think that Whoopie is really one of those people who just do not know how to deal with death.  I mean, none of us do, but she seems to get very, very flustered and awkward when talking about it.

I was hoping to see Mary Trump - I will be skipping the Kardashian and Schumer shows (I'll catch up here on Hot Topics) - neither one of them interest me in the least.  I avoid anything Kardashian at all times, and I am not a fan of Amy Schumer.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5
(edited)
23 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It just goes back to what exiled former host, Sherri, said about how Meghan doesn't need to carry the Republican mantle on her shoulders. It's about her viewpoints and that's it.

Meghan WANTS to carry the Republican mantle on her shoulders.

She thinks that mantle would collapse without her!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 10
(edited)

Megan is insufferable, she completely missed the point and did her usual whataboutism by bringing up Joy Reid who has just gotten a primetime show on cable news.   I am just at wits end with her. As Sunny said  it is about accountability not cancel culture..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

...what is Meghan talking about? How did she turn the Tucker Carlson incident into her position on the View?

Because it’s always about her. 

1 minute ago, JayD83 said:

Okay, I’m going to say it.  This segment has proved to me .... Meghan may not be a racist but she damn sure is a racist apologist. 

Carrying the mantle. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Okay, I’m going to say it.  This segment has proved to me .... Meghan may not be a racist but she damn sure is a racist apologist. 

2 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Which is just being a racist.

All I'm going to say is the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I'm so tired of Meghan thinking that what she has to say is so much more important than what anyone else has to say that it's okay for her to constantly interrupt everybody.

But then - "You spoke, it's my turn, Joy".  Bitch.

• Love 20
(edited)

Not sure what the Washington Redskins has to do with anything, Joy.

Meghan - "It's my turn now, Joy".  When isn't it, Meghan? You're monopolizing the whole show.  Again.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 14
(edited)

I wonder if Meg would defend Whoopi and decry cancel culture after Whoopi’s Bush brouhaha.

But now we know her beef with the NY Times. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
Just now, Haleth said:

I wonder if Meg would defend Whoopi and decry cancel culture after Whoopi’s Bush brouhaha. 

To her face yes. Behind her back she would not.

Meghan is long past needing to be cancelled.  

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Joy is answering questions that are not being asked.  Another shutdown involves a lot more than just reopening schools.

There is already fear in my state that salons will be shut down. Everyone is racing to get their hair cut before it happens.  

• Love 4