Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/13/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, July 13 – Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, July 14 – Amy Schumer (“Expecting Amy”)

Wednesday, July 15 — Khloe Kardashian; Jacob Soboroff (author, “Separated”)

Thursday, July 16 — Tiffany Cross (author, “Say It Louder!”)

Friday, July 17 — D.L. Hughley (author, “Surrender, White People!”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm wondering if they'll talk about Naya Rivera on Monday.

She looked vaguely familiar to me, and I was thinking that I had seen her on a late-night talk show.  I looked up her credits on IMDb and was surprised to see that it was The View that I remembered her from - she guest-hosted five times during the Whoopie-Rosie-Rosie-Nicolle season.  

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ugh. Not interested in nearly every guest.

I guess the guest booking director was on vacation last week too so we won’t have anyone of consequence speaking about recent events. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Oh darn, I will be "washing my hair" at 11:00 am on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so I will have to unfortunately miss those days.  I especially look forward to missing Tuesday's show and whichever half of Wednesday's show features the Kardashian.  I am unfamiliar with Thursday's guest and indifferent on Friday's but the good news is, by the time the end of the week rolls around, I will have forgotten that this show is even back and so it won't make much of a difference for me anyways. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Oh darn, I will be "washing my hair" at 11:00 am on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so I will have to unfortunately miss those days.  I especially look forward to missing Tuesday's show and whichever half of Wednesday's show features the Kardashian.  I am unfamiliar with Thursday's guest and indifferent on Friday's but the good news is, by the time the end of the week rolls around, I will have forgotten that this show is even back and so it won't make much of a difference for me anyways. 

I will be waxing the cat. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I like Amy Schumer a lot.  I'll watch her, but absolutely will NOT watch the kardashian episode.

I feel like I'm supposed to like Amy Schumer but I don't.  Not sure why but she  just rubs me the wrong way. And the less said about any Kardashian the better.

• Love 11

Meggie came out ready for a fight. She’s not going to take coming out every Monday after a break and hearing that it’s  all Republican’s her fault, you know!

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan, if you can't buy a crib because you're afraid of COVID then maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't be talking about how we need to send kids back to school.

This exactly. If you complain about not being able to go someplace safely then you do not have any right to say children should be going back to school.

2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meggie came out ready for a fight. She’s not going to take coming out every Monday after a break and hearing that it’s  all Republican’s her fault, you know!

If the shoe fits.

• Love 23

Oh Good Grief, Meghan!!  Wow is she lathered up today.

Meghan: Republican....vote....every day on this show...I have friends...Republican...Republican...Joy is being mean to me

Whoopi: I swear to God.....

• LOL 13
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It just goes back to what exiled former host, Sherri, said about how Meghan doesn't need to carry the Republican mantle on her shoulders. It's about her viewpoints and that's it.

If Meghan is going to position herself as a political pundit and self appointed know it all about politics then she is going to have to be able to defend her party and not take it personally when her party needs to explain why they are or are not doing things.

What Meghan really wants is a platform to spew whatever she wants to say without anyone questioning her. Let her go write for her husband's website and let ABC hire a real political pundit who can represent a conservative view. I hear Ana Navarro is available.

1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Why does she get so much air time?

Well if  you believe what has been reported there is a big ABC honcho who just adores Meghan. It's not the woman who was accused of being racist.  It's a guy and I can't remember his name.

• Love 20

Let’s see.  Will Meg side with a Fox commentator or a wounded army veteran?  Surprise.  She goes with Tammy but has to throw in that they have pregnancy in common.  

“It completely inoculates the point?”  What does that even mean?

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
(edited)

Has Meghan had "major media training"?  Of course not, or she did, and it didn't take.

So Meghan wants to "vote everybody out on both sides".  Of course she does.

I so wish Joy had said "It's not funny, Meghan" when Meghan laughed after Joy said about Betsy DeVos, "she sucks".

Ohhhh. Meghan doesn't think it's fair to say Republicans don't care about children.  She's accusing Joy of being "aggressive and incendiary"!!!!

"What's exhausting is coming on this show every day and being told Republicans don't care about anything".  Well, Meghan sure came back from vacation rested and relaxed, didn't she?  I wish she would just leave.  It's not worth it.  

What?!!!!!  She's delusional.  Meghan is far from "the only Republican in mainstream media".  Does she like to think of herself as the last Republican soldier holding down the fort?  

So Meghan thinks it is okay to attack Democrats, just after saying she thinks the four of them need to set a good example.  (Nobody, nobody is looking to the hosts of The View to see how to behave.)

Whoopie was about to turn that car around and go home, wasn't she?

Wow.  I had read about the Tucker Carlson/ Tammy Duckworth back-and-forth, but I didn't know he called her a moron.  

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan looks so sad and angry when the others are talking.

She is.  She's upset she hasn't figured out how to get the rest of them kicked off the show yet.

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Because she is.  Meghan is like that kid at school who always wanted to be included in things but instead of trying to find common ground with the other kids she wants the other kids to bow to her wishes.

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Not that I've ever heard this phrase before, but if a point were to be "inoculated", that would mean it's okay, right?  Which is the opposite of what Meghan meant.

15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

"People are always coming and going" - Whoopie after mentioning several deaths in the last few days.  Oh, Whoopie.....

And then right after that, they go to the Jada Pinkett-Smith/Will Smith thing. 

Yet another awkward obituary segment.  They need to rethink how to do these.  It can't be that hard.

4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

She was giving off major hostage video vibes today. 

• Love 12

Don’t usually come to this Forum because I rarely watch the View but I will raise what may be an unpopular opinion. Joy is just as obnoxious as Meghan and I find her opinions and discussions so simple minded and one dimensional that I understand whyMeghan resents having to argue with her. I happen to skew more to the left, but honestly, Joy’s comments make the left look so dumb. Agree that Meghan can be hard to listen to but I sense some intelligence under her opinions where Joy is just bluster.

• LOL 4
(edited)

So here i am, settled in the chair with my cup of coffee and puzzle and i hear 'the View is LIVE'!  Oh cool what a pleasant surprise...oh wait....lol

6 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I'm not on twitter and found nothing when googling #theview on twitter.  Can someone let us know what's being said on twitter today about the show?  

Theyre debating the back to school issue and MM has her hackles up taking everything Joy says about the Repubs personally and theyre fighting.

Edited by Tammee
Thats a basic synopsis.
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Not that I've ever heard this phrase before, but if a point were to be "inoculated", that would mean it's okay, right?  Which is the opposite of what Meghan meant.

If she said inoculated she would have meant safe, protected, like when you inoculate someone with a vaccine.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So Megan hates Doctor Fauci, wow! I was taken aback by her contempt for him, it is a new low even for her. She was so nasty to Joy and Joy was not having it.. Whoopie looked like she was holding it together in order to not curse out the princess of Arizona.

I liked Joy saying that Biden needs to be more aggressive but it has to be authentic. He has to be himself and not try to emulate others.

I loved what Sunny had to say about Will and Jada.  How does Jada go from being a mentor to a troubled young man to being his lover. It is obvious that August fell for Jada but Jada was just having fun.  I am surprised that she did not have him sign an NDA, it would have saved her alot of embarrassment. 

Megan was right when she said that Will looked sad throughout his conversation with his wife at the red table talk. I do believe that Jada does love Will but she was deeply inlove with Tupac and never got over him. His murder devastated her and she has admitted that she was in deep mourning after his death and she was dating Will at the the time, so he had to watch her mourn another man. That had to hurt and Will has admitted that he has always felt intimidated by the legacy of Tupac and what he meant to the world and Jada.. It has always been known that Will and Jada have an open marriage. 

On the subject of Tupac, he also dated Madonna and she too fell hard for him.. So Tupac was really special and he is still missed..

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, marymary said:

Who pissed in Meghan’s cereal this morning? 

SHE STILL HASNT GOTTEN A CRIB, DAMMIT!  That’s why she’s so insistent on sending kids back to school, so the crib salesperson can go back to work. It’s all about her. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 12
57 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I read this here before the show aired in my time zone and I was able to watch what she said in real time. In context, she was saying that it "negates" the point. But... if she's the GD pundint she claims to be she should be easily understood. A pundint is an expert who shares factual points of view. The audience shouldn't have to analyze and translate what she is saying. Spit it out clearly, dumb bunny. Gah!

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
42 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm sick of hearing about Jada/Will Smith.  Apparently they're fascinating people but I wish they'd both just go away.

Meghan referred to them as "one of the most iconic  American entertainment couples EVER!"  

Really?  the Fresh Prince guy?    (yeah, I know, he's done more, but she really over-stated their importance) 

18 minutes ago, suomi said:

I read this here before the show aired in my time zone and I was able to watch what she said in real time. In context, she was saying that it "negates" the point. But... if she's the GD pundint she claims to be she should be easily understood. A pundint is an expert who shares factual points of view. The audience shouldn't have to analyze and translate what she is saying. Spit it out clearly, dumb bunny. Gah!

I believe Meghan meant it INVALIDATES  the point , not "innoculates."  

She does this a lot, wants to use a big vocabulary word, but mistakes it for the word that's just a couple words away in her alphabetized list of vocab words.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 10
(edited)

So, if Meghan had heard of Chuck Woolery , would she have taken what he said more seriously?

Meghan said that people were making a mistake by "idolizing" Dr. Fauci (I don't think anyone was taking it to such extremes, but that's Meghan for you).  Interesting that Meghan, of all people, simply dismisses someone so widely respected, with a decades-long storied career, who is still one of the top infectious diseases experts in the country.  You would think that might remind her of someone.  But no, she's got to get behind her team's effort to discredit him.  

The way Meghan was screeching at Joy, saying 'If you keep talking this way, he's going to be reelected, he's going to be reelected' made me think that a) she sounded like she's scared that might happen, and b) she's going to blame it all on Joy et al. if it does, and we won't be hearing any "both sides" from her in that instance. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I couldn't stop laughing at Joy shrugging her shoulders when Meghan was shrieking about being tired of hearing Republicans don't care about education 😄 

Why does Meghan still not understand people mean the Republicans in office ? 

Educate yourself Meghan 😉

Also joys right.  Meghan needs to take a good long g hard factual look at what her party has done, especially in the past 3 years.  She talks like it’s both sides and she has on her rose colored glasses again.  And boy can she talk fast and cram a lot of words in!

• Love 23