Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Mind Your P's and BBQ's

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

That’s a good point. He didn’t want to come and Denise made a mistake bringing him. None of the other husbands were there other than Teddy’s insignificant other. If Denise is truly a strong woman she shouldn’t bring her man to support her. 

Would you walk into a lions den without someone there in your corner tho? every time she has gone around these ladies they have attacked her... I sure has hell would bring someone with me (even for just the moral support) if I knew 5 other ladies were gonna be there and attack me over and over and over and it would just be me alone in that onslaught .... And she is contractually obligated to attend some of these things by Bravo so just skipping it I'm sure she couldn't do

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Would you walk into a lions den without someone there in your corner tho? every time she has gone around these ladies they have attacked her... I sure has hell would bring someone with me (even for just the moral support) if I knew 5 other ladies were gonna be there and attack me over and over and over and it would just be me alone in that onslaught .... And she is contractually obligated to attend some of these things by Bravo so just skipping it I'm sure she couldn't do

I think she should say that Aaron will attend every event that Harry Hamlin and Tom Giradi show up for and leave it at that.

Denise is a tough cookie. If you believe that a woman can do anything a man can do and doesn’t need a man to mansplain then let Aaron stay home and take care of the kids who she smartly will not subject to Bravos abuse anymore.

Every day doesn’t have to be take your Man Child to work day.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think she should say that Aaron will attend every event that Harry Hamlin and Tom Giradi show up for and leave it at that.

Denise is a tough cookie. If you believe that a woman can do anything a man can do and doesn’t need a man to mansplain then let Aaron stay home and take care of the kids who she smartly will not subject to Bravos abuse anymore.

He could always go hang out with M and get stoned and talk about Crystals lol

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Dont forget the seasons long obsession of dorinda with tinsly and who she is dating .... that is getting beyond annoying 😛 ..but yea it seems lately the shit they fight over on both of these shows is so petty and dumb ...i dont know if its because I have been trapped inside for 3 months or if its always been like this but ... Good God the stupid of these fights is mind boggling

I think with everything that is going on in the world ... these shows are coming off more superficial then they seemed to before .. i still watch for the distraction but it is just seeming more petty then it used to....

I've been thinking that as well. That perhaps this is coming off as more vapid than usual because there is so much awful reality everywhere. While I certainly think that is a large component, I also wonder if these shows have simply run their course. The housewives either need to a.) show more interesting things, I like to see women at work for instance, Teddi would be such a less waste of space if we could see her interacting more, b.) FIRE everyone and start completely fresh, or c.) hire better writers or any writers, this crap is clearly loosly scripted, give us something better, ffs!

2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Back before my marriage imploded, I simply enjoyed doing things with my husband, we did most things together. Maybe they also still enjoy each other's company. I know, with the exception of maybe Teddi's husband, no one elses does, but maybe they do.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 4:06 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Kyle loves her psychics and mediums so her reaction to Aaron's gift made me scratch my head.  Erika's astrologer=good; Aaron's crystals=bad, I don't get it.

And Aaron’s gift wasn’t even unusual in L.A. - or in a lot of other cities. Kyle’s reaction seemed to be all about the storyline.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 12
On 6/5/2020 at 1:48 PM, Hiyo said:

You're saying that, not me. I'm just pointing out Ericka's kid has never been on the show. Denise and other HW's kids have been (and many still are).

Ericka's husband being on this show has absolutely nothing to do with her son not ever being on this show.

I'll bet that if Erika made that comment about Kyle's daughters, who all but Portia are older than Denise's oldest daughter, there would be hell to pay.  And Kyle has had her family on the show from day one.  Still doesn't make it okay.  

I think it's disgusting for a grown ass woman to make that comment about two teen girls.  And on camera, no less.   I hope Denise rips Erika a new one for that on the reunion.

• Love 22
On 6/3/2020 at 10:05 PM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Seriously. We've been talking about this damn threesome conservation

I respect your posts. This gave me a much needed chuckle though.

I believe some folks are FOR the conservation of threesomes with others moving to do away with them. Not sure yet with this group who's on which side lol.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I'll bet that if Erika made that comment about Kyle's daughters, who all but Portia are older than Denise's oldest daughter, there would be hell to pay.  And Kyle has had her family on the show from day one.  Still doesn't make it okay.

Maybe, maybe not. Guess we'll have to wait and see if it ever happens.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I respect your posts. This gave me a much needed chuckle though.

I believe some folks are FOR the conservation of threesomes with others moving to do away with them. Not sure yet with this group who's on which side lol.

I agree. I am just as excited for the conservation of threesomes as my hero Theodore Roosevelt who had a memorable three way with his cousin Eleanore  and a moose.

• LOL 2
(edited)

Well, once she used the word "your", that would mean she was talking about Ericka's child...

Not really; people use indefinite (generic/impersonal) pronouns all the time in normal, everyday conversations (and advertising, formal writing, instructions, etc).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

People often think that because you a big guy with muscles you feel no pain and that a smaller person can’t hurt you. There are many cases of football players being abused by their wives. Your hand is not muscle bound. If you grip it in the right way even a small woman can cause a lot of pain. Denise was desperate to get them out of filming and that Aaron stop talking. I don’t think Aaron abuses his wife and I don’t think Denise would stand for it. This is gaslighting by Bravo to set them up. You can see this coming from a mile away.

I totally agree And well said.

• Love 7

Make it STAAAAAWP!!!!!  Every season this gang of shrews gangs up on someone and every season they take one small thing and stretch it out all season. Kyle’s non-BBQ BBQ was such a set up to trap Denise. It is Denise’s choice whether or not to bring her special needs child to be filmed knowing that this crew will all pounce on Denise whether she brings her or not. Enough!!!!!

ps - PLEASE get rid of Teddy and Erika Jane!!!

• Love 19
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Golden Girl said:

It is Denise’s choice whether or not to bring her special needs child to be filmed knowing that this crew will all pounce on Denise whether she brings her or not. 

I think this can not be emphasized enough. Denise has to be extra careful and aware about Eloise. To answer Teddy’s question I would not trust any of these woman with my daughter who has special needs. 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 17
On 6/4/2020 at 2:51 PM, RealHousewife said:

Totally! How many people have even met a Bond Girl? I'd be starstruck meeting someone like Ursula Andress even though I don't know a ton about her. 

Hee. One thing to know is that Harry Hamlin and she had a relationship after Clash of the Titans and she’s the mother of his son. 🙂 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Might be off topic but...just watching an episode of 30 Rock, (been rewatching the series, okay, some people would call it binging) and Denise Richards was on an episode about how idiots were protesting TGL, she proudly announced, "I'm and idiot," it sort of made me giggle. Also, there is a Bond homage...I think the writers really love the Real Housewives, see "Queen of Jordan" spoof.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, eXiled said:

Another reason for Kyle seeming shaky this year is Mauricio's. . .vibe. Mauricio's not really there, even when he's there, ya know what I'm saying? Pretty soon he'll be off in Canada camping with Harry Hamlin or some shit.

LMAO spot on! I loved in the beginning talking head Kyle was all "Mauricio and I LOVE throwing BBQ's and it's our thing...blah blah blah" cut to the BBQ and Mauricio is a no-show and is at a USC game. He's been MIA for pretty much most of this season and it wouldn't be a big deal if he was like Tom who is rarely seen but that's not usually the case. Kind of makes you go hmmm....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, zengirl1215 said:

LMAO spot on! I loved in the beginning talking head Kyle was all "Mauricio and I LOVE throwing BBQ's and it's our thing...blah blah blah" cut to the BBQ and Mauricio is a no-show and is at a USC game. He's been MIA for pretty much most of this season and it wouldn't be a big deal if he was like Tom who is rarely seen but that's not usually the case. Kind of makes you go hmmm....

I wonder if Mauricio was advised by his lawyers not to make too many appearances on camera while the settlement was being worked out on his fraud case.  He has been pretty silent this season and I haven't seen him or Kyle wearing any Agency flair this season.   That case was settled in late November  2019 and I wonder if we will be seeing more of him as filming extended past that date.

• Useful 8
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wonder if Mauricio was advised by his lawyers not to make too many appearances on camera while the settlement was being worked out on his fraud case.  He has been pretty silent this season and I haven't seen him or Kyle wearing any Agency flair this season.   That case was settled in late November  2019 and I wonder if we will be seeing more of him as filming extended past that date.

That could be. Also, seems Mo needs to be hysterically stoned to get through these shitshows - maybe Kyle wants him behind the scenes.

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Rinna saying, "I have not clocked Kyle not acknowledging Garcelle, because I'm too self-involved to see something like that" was such a rare, naked moment of self-awareness on this show.  

• Love 11
On 6/3/2020 at 9:35 PM, psychoticstate said:

Why is Kyle wearing pajamas at her barbeque?  

Oof!  When she was complaining about Garcelle actually arriving on time, I thought oh no, she hasn't even had a chance to get dressed yet.  But then she just... kept the bathrobe on.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

I guess I'm not liking Garcelle very much this episode.  Is she determined to make it even more obvious how much she dislikes Kyle?  She's being a big bitch to her - I was glad they had footage where both were engaged in a conversation, with Kyle showing interest in Garcelle and asking questions.  And really, Garcelle - throwing bread at an awards banquet??  Wonderful example for your sons.

Sutton's biggest fear with online dating was being sold into sex slavery??  Honey, they're not looking for old ladies.  And she shows up wearing another atrocity that I'm assuming is couture and cost more than most people earn in a week.

Kyle needs to dial back the "feelings" b.s.  It's getting monotonous.  And I'm still wondering why the hell she was wearing that whatever it was.  Credit where credit is due, Kyle's house is gorgeous and was decorated so nicely.  

Teddi looked cute for once.  Little Cruz is the picture of his dad.  I thought Rinna was walking down the street wearing her dressing gown -- I was surprised to see her wearing it to the BBQ.

Denise is the one who's giving legs to the thing that happened at her party.  She's awfully thin skinned and still butt hurt about it which seems extreme, especially when we see the footage of her 15-year-old joking about it.  But for whatever reason, she insists they "were affected by it".  Now she's like a dog with a bone, making passive-aggressive digs and then walking it back when she's called on it.  But there's no issue here -- that Aaron is as stupid as he is good looking.  Was he the only man at the table?

Dorit is walking around in a sheer dress with her underwear showing (fabulous, darling).  Could she just wear something normal for once?  Her little girl was really cute, and I was surprised to see how tall Jaggie is (or was last Fall, I guess).

I enjoyed Rinna going down the slide with Teddi's kids.  They all looked like they were having fun.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 7
On 6/3/2020 at 7:25 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Call me simple, but I’m still confused how Denise saying that Aaron still has a “big dick“ at that same party that she didn’t want the talk of lesbianism and threesomes doesn’t square with me.  She has the right to do it—her house, her rules.  It just makes no sense to me.  That wasn’t last season.  That was not at a different place or time.  That was at the same damn party.  I guess I won’t get that part until it’s explained at the reunion.  

Dorit’s six million dollar house looked kinda crummy.  

It’s so early to make any judgments other than knee-jerk, but Sutton’s Michael reminds me a little of Camille’s David.  

Garcelle kind of won me over when she said she wouldn’t eat placenta.  It’s so fucking Teddi to want to eat the placenta “in pill form.”  🤮 I thought the twins—who are younger than Denise’s Sami and Lola—calling out their mom saying “shit” was a welcome contrast to all the controversy surrounding Denise’s barbecue.  I go hot and cold on Garcelle, but I think this overall was a good episode for her.  

Aaron sounds fucking crazy.  He really needs to not talk.  If Kyle “tricked” Aaron into sounding crazy at her dinner party, what the fuck motivated this bullshit healing talk this time?

Denise said she didn’t want to bring the kids around the group.  Then she flipped to needing a date night.  This is like saying that Sami talked to her about hearing threesome, but she didn’t want to get into what Sami said, because Sami was laughing.  It’s double talk.  She has every right to feel this way, but she said “fucking” when Eloise was right next to her at her own barbecue.  It’s behavior I can’t understand.  

I don’t think anyone really expected Denise to bring her teenagers.  If she didn’t bring Eloise to a kids’ barbecue, but didn’t want to cause a stir, she could have stuck to the polite excuse of a play date and not made any more of that.  

But Denise and Aaron came to a children’s party basically armed with verbal machine guns.  If they were going to do nothing else, they were going to make their fucking point.  And it was crude and disgusting and it undermined Denise’s entire argument.  

Aaron seemed really aggressive and it’s not a great look to be slurring about how to act in front of kids.  He is completely crazy.  And he said “fucking” too, which...makes him a hypocrite.  When he asked Kyle to define “passive-aggressive,” that was when I would have gotten up to leave the table or invited them to leave.  I echo every sentiment Erika had in her talking heads about Aaron.  I’m going with the idea that he’s a psycho who also has good drugs.

Denise was being a total hypocrite to say “fucking” in front of Phoenix and “shitting” when there were kids around too.  “I was not fucking mad.”  What kind of message is that sending?  “Fucking come on” and “there’s a fucking line” is ok to say within the earshot of kids?  She’s officially lost her damned mind.  Very classy with the “fuck it” in making your departure, Aaron too.  You really showed them!

Of course it’s Denise’s right not to bring her kids around a group.  But if she’s gonna announce it, she should be up to discuss it.  Last week I gave her accolades for being restrained, but I also said I thought she won the battle but was going to lose the war.  Now I feel like I’m being proven right.  

On the day I need “a hint” from Aaron, I will hang up my hat.  

The two of them and their fear of saying anything they didn’t already say because it’s “all on camera” while they are filming a reality show is fucking crazy.  

I really think Aaron thought he was going to walk in there and set everyone straight and knock their socks off with his logic and they were all going to be eating out of his hands when all was said and done.  I’m not sure his appearance had its intended effect.  That was horrifying.

I wish the Phypher-Richards would have left long before they did and stupid Kyle didn’t chase after them in her stupid robe.  They couldn’t have left fast enough for me.

If I can make a legal metaphor, the women drinking and talking too loud about lesbianism at Denise’s barbecue was negligence.  What Denise and Aaron did at Kyle’s was armed robbery.  Last week I said Denise was well played and this week I am abhorred at their behavior.  

Dorit’s outfit was perfection.  Edwin was the only smart one to stay away and play with the kids.  I’ve got nothing else positive to say about that barbecue.  As Peggy from RHOC would say, “Dis-gus-ting!”

I agree with every single word here (except about Dorit's outfit LOL).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, lawrbk said:

Hee. One thing to know is that Harry Hamlin and she had a relationship after Clash of the Titans and she’s the mother of his son. 🙂 

I always forget about that. He has a child with someone born in 1936 and then two with someone born in 1963. lol Age ain't nothing but a number to Harry!

19 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Wow old Harry really gets around huh?

Oops we just talked about the husband 🤣

😂

14 hours ago, ladle said:

Rinna saying, "I have not clocked Kyle not acknowledging Garcelle, because I'm too self-involved to see something like that" was such a rare, naked moment of self-awareness on this show.  

Honestly, this is one of my favorite things about Rinna. She doesn't pretend to be above the show. She doesn't pretend she was super serious about acting. She is pretty open about her "hustle" and enjoying fame and fortune. She doesn't pretend she's on the show because she's so selfless and purely there as a serious business woman or for charities. You know all these ho's are more self-involved than they like to admit. 

16 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yeah my first thought is that it had to do with the lawsuit. Kyle said her husband didn't sign up for the show and to leave him alone, but he's been regularly featured since season 1 and has promoted The Agency quite a bit. He's fair game, and if they don't want to address any alleged shadiness on his part, he does need to stay off camera.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
On 6/3/2020 at 9:50 PM, psychoticstate said:

Can we have Aaron host the reunions?  "Okay, great.  Let's move on and talk about something else."  Ha!  Those bitches literally didn't know which way to turn.  I may be developing a crush on Aaron because he has no fucks to give with them.  

I am just stunned that these, um, women (with the exception of Garcelle) seem to have no concept that some topics that adults discuss amongst themselves are off-limits around kids.  And even if they think it's okay and would talk about it with theirs, if Denise says it's not around hers, that's the end of it.  Or should be.  

Right? Why is it so hard for ErICKa (and the rest of these succubi) to understand that not everyone is entertained by a geriatric hag talking about gargling ball sacks. ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF CHILDREN. Gross. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, lawrbk said:

Six degrees of separation- more like 2-3 - where is Kevin Bacon?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ladle said:

Kyle acknowledges nobody, it looks like.  Is anyone watching Celebrity Family Feud right now?  The RHOBH are on (just Rinna, Dorit, Kyle, Teddi and Garcelle.  This was filmed while Teddi was massively pregnant, and she was standing between Garcelle  and Kyle.  They had to walk down these steep stairs to the main set, and who takes Teddi’s hand to help her down?  Not her bestie Kyle, but Garcelle.

• Useful 6
(edited)
On 6/4/2020 at 12:08 PM, Callaphera said:

I hate to say it but Teddi was right about two things last night, that and when she was coaching her daughter through properly greeting someone ("make eye contact, say hello, shake their hand") and Sutton simpered out a "Oh, us girls don't have to shake hands." 

I like you, Sutton, but fuck no. 

I thought Teddi did just fine teaching her daughter correct etiquette.  To be accurate, Sutton said "Ladies don't have to shake hands".    True, that used to be the case.  But if Slate was my child, I would have said, "Mrs. ___ is correct, there was a time when that was proper.  But today both girls and boys shake hands when they're introduced."

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/4/2020 at 1:27 PM, Silver Bells said:

Dorinda and daughter got kicked out of the townhouse in N.Y. whenRichard died.  Maybe Toms kids will get the house too.  Who knows.

Whatever the deal is with Tom and Erika, I'm willing to bet it was all discussed out in the open long ago when the prenup was negotiated.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/4/2020 at 2:17 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I rewatched this and I noticed a few new things.  Spoiler alert:  none of them are in Denise’s or Aaron’s favors, but all the players involved were wrong on some level:

They flash-backed twice to Denise saying “I will be mindful of them being in earshot of all of us,” “them” being the kids.  Clearly Dorit’s daughter being right behind her while she was cussing up a blue streak didn’t fit into what Denise said.  Dorit was sitting two people away from Denise in a small, intimate gathering.  I would think part of being “mindful” would mean that she could crane her head to the left and the right before saying all iterations of “fuck” at a children’s party.  She was professing one standard while exhibiting another.  That is the definition of a hypocrite.  

Dorit didn’t have to make the specific request that Denise not say “fuck” over and over in front of her very little daughter.  Denise said she was going to be mindful of the children’s presences.  Those were her words.  Is there anyone who doesn’t know it’s not good to say “fuck” and “fucking” in front of little kids?  Does Dorit have to explain to Denise that she doesn’t want her to drown her daughter in the pool also?  If Dorit had gotten all up in arms about it, I would take Denise’s side.  I would say that’s what happens when you shoot a Housewives show at your home and alcohol is served.  Shit happens sometimes.  But Denise was still wrong.  She was not being mindful of the kids.  Yet she got a pass on this from everyone except Teddi, who got a tongue-lashing.  

The most disingenuous part—the part that really bothered and kind of shocked me though—was that Denise is putting this all on Sami.  She said, “I wasn’t even going to say anything until Sami said something to me and I was like ‘oh shit’.”  Meanwhile, there is no footage of Sami saying anything other than they overhead them talking about threesomes and stuff and it was really funny.  What Sami said verbatim was, “Mom, we were dying of laughter, it’s fine.”  

If Denise doesn’t like the way the women were talking in front of children, fine.  She can say that.  What she doesn’t get to do is lie by omission and make it bigger than it was.  I would have 20x more respect for Denise and I would be so much more on her side if she had said, “in all honesty, Sami said she heard it and it was funny for her, but I was kind of embarrassed that I even had to have that conversation with her about threesomes in the first place and I wish we had established better boundaries.”  Sometimes you have to give an inch to get a foot, and Denise clearly didn’t get that memo. 

I’m not going to entertain any conspiracy theories that there was other footage of Sami being embarrassed on a grassy knoll and this was swapped in to save the reputation of Denise’s daughter...the way I look at this is that I have to go off the four corners of the episode or there is literally nothing to discuss.  

I think a lot of this is being told backward, especially by Aaron.  And I am kind of ashamed that there is not one woman smart enough to set him straight.  Aaron was saying “what is your problems” when the one with the main problem was his wife.  Aaron got to skate on that one because everyone was so worried about how they were being perceived to say, “hey, wait, bud, you’re not making sense.”

Prior to the barbecue, the women’s collective problem was the idea that Denise perhaps didn’t want her kids around them, which is what they said at Garcelle’s event.  But no one confronted her about that particular issue.  I think they were wrong; they were a little embarrassed and ashamed that they were talking loudly about sex with teenagers in earshot and they didn’t immediately calm down.  It seems like their party line is, “yes, we fucked up, but we’re good moms.”  They probably did a little Monday morning quarterbacking and thought that Denise is all over TV—reality TV, not just Wild Things—talking about happy endings and big dicks, so they thought they were free to say those things in front of teenagers and when they were stopped short by Denise, they were a little like, “what the fuck?”  And there pride was too strong and they had to dissect it and it looked petty.  That was about their biggest mistake as a group before the barbecue.  

I am not excusing them; they were wrong, but this is what I think was going on with them before the barbecue at Kyle’s.  It was hashed out too far and too long, and I wish someone would have just spoken from the heart and said “I’m embarrassed and part of my embarrassment is manifesting in looking at ways that you have exposed your kids to inappropriate sexual situations, and I’m trying to think it through.”  (Then again, if Eileen were there, she would have said that, and she got all kinds of shit for talking in “therapy terms” during her tenure—and I was one of the people who thought she was laying it on a little thick—so sometimes there is no winning with these women, even with me, so I have to be honest about that).  But I do think someone should have said something genuine to Denise, especially if they were going to spend so much time trying to trap her in her own web.  What happened to Rinna’s “own it!”?

It is just my opinion, but I think it is more objectively wrong to curse violently, like “fuck this” and “you’re shitting all over me” in earshot of kids than it is to talk about sex acts within earshot of teenagers.

Having said that,  I’ll say this for the 90th time because I feel like this keeps getting confused—Denise has a right to set any standard in her house she wants.  She can mandate that everyone has to wear magenta eye shadow or they will be escorted off the property (Rinna would like that one) and that should be adhered to, but right besides house rules, there is common sense.  I don’t think it can be discounted that Denise was serving alcohol and filming a reality show that has sexual overtones in her backyard.  Same goes for Kyle.  She also shot a reality show with alcohol in her backyard, and that’s probably why no one did make a big deal when Denise and Aaron were doing so much cursing.  What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  

At the restaurant the night before the barbecue, Aaron laid out the standard to which he supposedly adhered: “ It’s so simple. Don’t be rude and crude when there’s kids around.”  He would later go on to totally fall below that standard.  

On the way to the barbecue, it was clear Denise was pissed and she was on a mission.  Just the fact that Denise said, “I won’t be eating” and that she wanted to go to a restaurant because all the women would be fighting meant she wasn’t going there in good faith.  She shouldn’t have gone.  She should have just went to another restaurant with Aaron if she didn’t want to be with these women.  No one was putting a gun to her head and making her do her job.  

Denise was lying when she said she wasn’t upset with anyone at this table from Santa Barbara, because she had been to a facial where she was bitching about it and then she called Teddi a “shit fucking stirrer” about Santa Barbara.  So she was given the opportunity to give her side and say why she was pissed, but she was being passive-aggressive in denying it and then throwing stones.  

Lisa asked if Denise was more concerned about the friends being there and Denise replied “both.”  The fact that you can’t be “both” more concerned about your daughters’ friends hearing sex talk and more concerned with your daughters hearing it being an impossibility aside, Denise clearly had an issue with them.  

At the barbecue, Denise made that comment about not bringing her kids, namely Eloise, around “this group,” and Teddi and Dorit asked her directly what she meant and she was just silent. Teddi asked again and Aaron jumped in mansplaining (I don’t really know how to define mansplaining, but like Justice Potter Stewart, “I know it when I see it,” but if that is going to detract from my argument, please just substitute “explained condescendingly” for “mansplain”) and asking what the issue was.  

And I think this is where it got really stupid, because the person with the issue—as I laid out above—was Denise at this juncture.  It could have/would have been so clean if Denise had just come and said Eloise had a play date, and acted pleasantly and if anyone brought up the sex talk, then Aaron could have swooped in to make all of his self-righteous and demeaning comments about moving on and being honest and talking about something else.  

They played their cards wrong, because they were on different tangents.  That’s why I said I think Denise should have just skipped the barbecue and gone to a restaurant like she wanted.  If anything, Aaron should have gone to the barbecue alone.  But it’s dissonant when one spouse walks in with a puss on her face and an attitude and passive-aggressive digs and the other spouse is going in to ask the other women what their problem was.  If Denise could have refrained from having a problem, it would have packed a substantial punch.  Good teamwork geniuses.  

Something that keeps gnawing at me is that Erika was Denise’s biggest cheerleader last year.  She was fan-girling all over Denise like an embarrassed teenager.  She took all these pictures of Denise as Bond Girl in the Bahamas and said that her sexual fantasy is Denise and Aaron.  I don’t think it’s as simple as to say, LVP left, they needed a new target, so that was Denise.

I don’t think Erika would have just gone after Denise—I think she would have gone after any other woman on the show before Denise—just because LVP isn’t there.  Something is different about Denise this year.  I think she’s much more image-conscious than she was last year and she’s setting new standards and being more abrasive and saying she’s “fucking Denise Richards” which she never would have said last year and I don’t think Erika is merely “going after” Denise.  I don’t think Erika is suddenly jealous of Denise this year when there wasn’t an inkling of jealousy last year (aside from the fact that it’s my opinion that Denise has more to be jealous of with regard to Erika than vice versa. I’m just going off what I witnessed, not my ideas).  I think Denise is acting like she’s suddenly above them and that may account for the change in attitude of the cast toward her.  

Denise seems like she’s above it all this year.  Erika has been a stuck up bitch in the past, but I never got the impression she had an ego about her fame aka Erika Jayne.  If Erika had to leave Garcelle’s party early, she would have just been like, “baby girl, I’ve been up since six and I’m so exhausted, I’ll see you tomorrow, love ya, bye.”  I don’t endorse the hokey overly familiar shtick; it’s not my style, but it wasn’t cold.  I feel like Denise felt this sense of entitlement about leaving Garcelle’s awards party early that was expressed like, “don’t these bitches know I don’t have time for this shit show and I have to work.  On my soap opera.  Because I’m Denise Fucking Richards.”  It’s not something she’s said verbatim—there’s no smoking gun moment—but for me the subtext is there, and that could be why they are turned off to her and channeling it into some controversy over sex talk at a barbecue and who said what when.

I think it’s even more thoroughly ridiculous for Denise to take this superior attitude when this is not a show full of shrinking violets either.  Denise may be the most famous I guess, but she’s got no other superlative to claim.  She’s definitely not the richest, the prettiest, the skinniest, the youngest, and I don’t think she’s that funny or cool or nice this year either.  So even though it’s disguised in jeans, I think Denise’s ego has taken a turn and that could quite possibly be what the women are reacting to.  Every single one of them has said something about her, including Garcelle.  The same couldn’t have even been said about LVP at the same point last season.  So, giving the wisdom of the crowd its due, I think there’s something up with Denise that the cast is sensing and reacting to, albeit in a very bush league, immature way.  

I have said in the past that I get the sense that Denise is a good mom.  I remember hearing about her taking in Charlie’s children with Brooke, etc.  But that doesn’t give her a pass, let alone a pass for life.  I watch this show and judge it episode by episode.  If someone is behaving badly, I’m not going to excuse it because she picked up Eloise so many times she got hernias.  I wouldn’t even know what the point of watching the episode would be if I had my opinions made up ahead of time.  

If Denise turns it around again next week and pulls out a win, I’ll be the first one to say it, just like I said I think she won last week.  But everyone has to earn it through making good points and sophisticated moves.  I’m not just going to hand it to someone because they happen to be a good person.  It’s not that kind of show to me.  It’s the opposite of that kind of show.  It’s a bunch of women competing to be alpha bitch, and Denise could have achieved that if she’d gone into the barbecue with a game plan with her husband, instead of acting like a surly child.  Maybe next week will be a better week for her.  I’m not sure it could be much worse for her than this week.  

Girl, I like how you think!

• Love 4
(edited)

I watched the repeat tonight and I come away with a few thoughts:

1. I still think production has some issue with Denise and maybe Garcelle? They are going out of their way to show over and over Denise's sex talk and they showed a little montage of Garcelle just not being at events. So they seem to want us to question Denise's version of events and possibly Garcelle's.

2. It's clear to me that Rinna knows exactly what was said in the conversation between Denise and her daughter, which again, could have only come from production. They obviously wanted Rinna to push on the idea that Denise was sharing the nature of Sami's comments. 

3. Denise's outburst towards Teddi was so bizarre and her harping on Kyle is so strange that it makes me wonder if production is feeding things to Denise about Kyle and Teddi. 

4. I don't particularly like Denise but for the life of me, I don't think that there is anything unreasonable in her saying "please don't talk about threesomes when my teenage daughters can hear you." She's right on the substance. But Aaron still acted like a condescending jerk and I will never forgive him in forcing me to agree with Dorit that the way he spoke to the women was highly inappropriate. He's unpleasant. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 4
(edited)

I find Aaron physically unattractive, dumb as a stone, & bat shit crazy. But I do like the way he treats Denise's children, especially Eloise. That said, I'm 100% certain he told his wife he'd crush her hand. I have no idea if he's abusive or not, I only know what he said. And I think Denise has heard him explode like that before which is why she kept telling him not to say anything. Clearly her picker is off; first Charlie Sheen & now this meathead.

Portia was at the party, she was shown at the bouncy house...

Edited by IslandGirl
Writing is in the editing...
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 6/4/2020 at 1:34 PM, Callaphera said:

Because I don't really mind Teddi breathing or existing. But I do think she's a trash human being and a piece of shit.

LOL, if I thought someone trash & shit, I'd likely mind their breath & existence too!

On 6/4/2020 at 2:17 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I rewatched this and I noticed a few new things.  Spoiler alert:  none of them are in Denise’s or Aaron’s favors, but all the players involved were wrong on some level:

They flash-backed twice to Denise saying “I will be mindful of them being in earshot of all of us,” “them” being the kids.  Clearly Dorit’s daughter being right behind her while she was cussing up a blue streak didn’t fit into what Denise said.  Dorit was sitting two people away from Denise in a small, intimate gathering.  I would think part of being “mindful” would mean that she could crane her head to the left and the right before saying all iterations of “fuck” at a children’s party.  She was professing one standard while exhibiting another.  That is the definition of a hypocrite.  

Dorit didn’t have to make the specific request that Denise not say “fuck” over and over in front of her very little daughter.  Denise said she was going to be mindful of the children’s presences.  Those were her words.  Is there anyone who doesn’t know it’s not good to say “fuck” and “fucking” in front of little kids?  Does Dorit have to explain to Denise that she doesn’t want her to drown her daughter in the pool also?  If Dorit had gotten all up in arms about it, I would take Denise’s side.  I would say that’s what happens when you shoot a Housewives show at your home and alcohol is served.  Shit happens sometimes.  But Denise was still wrong.  She was not being mindful of the kids.  Yet she got a pass on this from everyone except Teddi, who got a tongue-lashing.  

The most disingenuous part—the part that really bothered and kind of shocked me though—was that Denise is putting this all on Sami.  She said, “I wasn’t even going to say anything until Sami said something to me and I was like ‘oh shit’.”  Meanwhile, there is no footage of Sami saying anything other than they overhead them talking about threesomes and stuff and it was really funny.  What Sami said verbatim was, “Mom, we were dying of laughter, it’s fine.”  

If Denise doesn’t like the way the women were talking in front of children, fine.  She can say that.  What she doesn’t get to do is lie by omission and make it bigger than it was.  I would have 20x more respect for Denise and I would be so much more on her side if she had said, “in all honesty, Sami said she heard it and it was funny for her, but I was kind of embarrassed that I even had to have that conversation with her about threesomes in the first place and I wish we had established better boundaries.”  Sometimes you have to give an inch to get a foot, and Denise clearly didn’t get that memo. 

I’m not going to entertain any conspiracy theories that there was other footage of Sami being embarrassed on a grassy knoll and this was swapped in to save the reputation of Denise’s daughter...the way I look at this is that I have to go off the four corners of the episode or there is literally nothing to discuss.  

I think a lot of this is being told backward, especially by Aaron.  And I am kind of ashamed that there is not one woman smart enough to set him straight.  Aaron was saying “what is your problems” when the one with the main problem was his wife.  Aaron got to skate on that one because everyone was so worried about how they were being perceived to say, “hey, wait, bud, you’re not making sense.”

Prior to the barbecue, the women’s collective problem was the idea that Denise perhaps didn’t want her kids around them, which is what they said at Garcelle’s event.  But no one confronted her about that particular issue.  I think they were wrong; they were a little embarrassed and ashamed that they were talking loudly about sex with teenagers in earshot and they didn’t immediately calm down.  It seems like their party line is, “yes, we fucked up, but we’re good moms.”  They probably did a little Monday morning quarterbacking and thought that Denise is all over TV—reality TV, not just Wild Things—talking about happy endings and big dicks, so they thought they were free to say those things in front of teenagers and when they were stopped short by Denise, they were a little like, “what the fuck?”  And there pride was too strong and they had to dissect it and it looked petty.  That was about their biggest mistake as a group before the barbecue.  

I am not excusing them; they were wrong, but this is what I think was going on with them before the barbecue at Kyle’s.  It was hashed out too far and too long, and I wish someone would have just spoken from the heart and said “I’m embarrassed and part of my embarrassment is manifesting in looking at ways that you have exposed your kids to inappropriate sexual situations, and I’m trying to think it through.”  (Then again, if Eileen were there, she would have said that, and she got all kinds of shit for talking in “therapy terms” during her tenure—and I was one of the people who thought she was laying it on a little thick—so sometimes there is no winning with these women, even with me, so I have to be honest about that).  But I do think someone should have said something genuine to Denise, especially if they were going to spend so much time trying to trap her in her own web.  What happened to Rinna’s “own it!”?

It is just my opinion, but I think it is more objectively wrong to curse violently, like “fuck this” and “you’re shitting all over me” in earshot of kids than it is to talk about sex acts within earshot of teenagers.

Having said that,  I’ll say this for the 90th time because I feel like this keeps getting confused—Denise has a right to set any standard in her house she wants.  She can mandate that everyone has to wear magenta eye shadow or they will be escorted off the property (Rinna would like that one) and that should be adhered to, but right besides house rules, there is common sense.  I don’t think it can be discounted that Denise was serving alcohol and filming a reality show that has sexual overtones in her backyard.  Same goes for Kyle.  She also shot a reality show with alcohol in her backyard, and that’s probably why no one did make a big deal when Denise and Aaron were doing so much cursing.  What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  

At the restaurant the night before the barbecue, Aaron laid out the standard to which he supposedly adhered: “ It’s so simple. Don’t be rude and crude when there’s kids around.”  He would later go on to totally fall below that standard.  

On the way to the barbecue, it was clear Denise was pissed and she was on a mission.  Just the fact that Denise said, “I won’t be eating” and that she wanted to go to a restaurant because all the women would be fighting meant she wasn’t going there in good faith.  She shouldn’t have gone.  She should have just went to another restaurant with Aaron if she didn’t want to be with these women.  No one was putting a gun to her head and making her do her job.  

Denise was lying when she said she wasn’t upset with anyone at this table from Santa Barbara, because she had been to a facial where she was bitching about it and then she called Teddi a “shit fucking stirrer” about Santa Barbara.  So she was given the opportunity to give her side and say why she was pissed, but she was being passive-aggressive in denying it and then throwing stones.  

Lisa asked if Denise was more concerned about the friends being there and Denise replied “both.”  The fact that you can’t be “both” more concerned about your daughters’ friends hearing sex talk and more concerned with your daughters hearing it being an impossibility aside, Denise clearly had an issue with them.  

At the barbecue, Denise made that comment about not bringing her kids, namely Eloise, around “this group,” and Teddi and Dorit asked her directly what she meant and she was just silent. Teddi asked again and Aaron jumped in mansplaining (I don’t really know how to define mansplaining, but like Justice Potter Stewart, “I know it when I see it,” but if that is going to detract from my argument, please just substitute “explained condescendingly” for “mansplain”) and asking what the issue was.  

And I think this is where it got really stupid, because the person with the issue—as I laid out above—was Denise at this juncture.  It could have/would have been so clean if Denise had just come and said Eloise had a play date, and acted pleasantly and if anyone brought up the sex talk, then Aaron could have swooped in to make all of his self-righteous and demeaning comments about moving on and being honest and talking about something else.  

They played their cards wrong, because they were on different tangents.  That’s why I said I think Denise should have just skipped the barbecue and gone to a restaurant like she wanted.  If anything, Aaron should have gone to the barbecue alone.  But it’s dissonant when one spouse walks in with a puss on her face and an attitude and passive-aggressive digs and the other spouse is going in to ask the other women what their problem was.  If Denise could have refrained from having a problem, it would have packed a substantial punch.  Good teamwork geniuses.  

Something that keeps gnawing at me is that Erika was Denise’s biggest cheerleader last year.  She was fan-girling all over Denise like an embarrassed teenager.  She took all these pictures of Denise as Bond Girl in the Bahamas and said that her sexual fantasy is Denise and Aaron.  I don’t think it’s as simple as to say, LVP left, they needed a new target, so that was Denise.

I don’t think Erika would have just gone after Denise—I think she would have gone after any other woman on the show before Denise—just because LVP isn’t there.  Something is different about Denise this year.  I think she’s much more image-conscious than she was last year and she’s setting new standards and being more abrasive and saying she’s “fucking Denise Richards” which she never would have said last year and I don’t think Erika is merely “going after” Denise.  I don’t think Erika is suddenly jealous of Denise this year when there wasn’t an inkling of jealousy last year (aside from the fact that it’s my opinion that Denise has more to be jealous of with regard to Erika than vice versa. I’m just going off what I witnessed, not my ideas).  I think Denise is acting like she’s suddenly above them and that may account for the change in attitude of the cast toward her.  

Denise seems like she’s above it all this year.  Erika has been a stuck up bitch in the past, but I never got the impression she had an ego about her fame aka Erika Jayne.  If Erika had to leave Garcelle’s party early, she would have just been like, “baby girl, I’ve been up since six and I’m so exhausted, I’ll see you tomorrow, love ya, bye.”  I don’t endorse the hokey overly familiar shtick; it’s not my style, but it wasn’t cold.  I feel like Denise felt this sense of entitlement about leaving Garcelle’s awards party early that was expressed like, “don’t these bitches know I don’t have time for this shit show and I have to work.  On my soap opera.  Because I’m Denise Fucking Richards.”  It’s not something she’s said verbatim—there’s no smoking gun moment—but for me the subtext is there, and that could be why they are turned off to her and channeling it into some controversy over sex talk at a barbecue and who said what when.

I think it’s even more thoroughly ridiculous for Denise to take this superior attitude when this is not a show full of shrinking violets either.  Denise may be the most famous I guess, but she’s got no other superlative to claim.  She’s definitely not the richest, the prettiest, the skinniest, the youngest, and I don’t think she’s that funny or cool or nice this year either.  So even though it’s disguised in jeans, I think Denise’s ego has taken a turn and that could quite possibly be what the women are reacting to.  Every single one of them has said something about her, including Garcelle.  The same couldn’t have even been said about LVP at the same point last season.  So, giving the wisdom of the crowd its due, I think there’s something up with Denise that the cast is sensing and reacting to, albeit in a very bush league, immature way.  

I have said in the past that I get the sense that Denise is a good mom.  I remember hearing about her taking in Charlie’s children with Brooke, etc.  But that doesn’t give her a pass, let alone a pass for life.  I watch this show and judge it episode by episode.  If someone is behaving badly, I’m not going to excuse it because she picked up Eloise so many times she got hernias.  I wouldn’t even know what the point of watching the episode would be if I had my opinions made up ahead of time.  

If Denise turns it around again next week and pulls out a win, I’ll be the first one to say it, just like I said I think she won last week.  But everyone has to earn it through making good points and sophisticated moves.  I’m not just going to hand it to someone because they happen to be a good person.  It’s not that kind of show to me.  It’s the opposite of that kind of show.  It’s a bunch of women competing to be alpha bitch, and Denise could have achieved that if she’d gone into the barbecue with a game plan with her husband, instead of acting like a surly child.  Maybe next week will be a better week for her.  I’m not sure it could be much worse for her than this week.  

LibertarianSlut, I could never read a post that long if it wasn't so incredibly well written & reasoned. Even when I don't agree, which is not often, I enjoy your thought process & prose.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:13 PM, Cheezwiz said:

Still on TeamDenise, even though I don't think she necessarily did herself favours on this episode, especially with dropping f-bombs everywhere. 

She lost me there with her hypocrisy. Sorry, but you're not going to complain about what's said in front of children & then drop the f bomb every other word...

Edited by IslandGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I will never ever understand how people give saying the word fuck and talking about fucking between two people or three people equal weight. It makes zero sense.

I don't think Denise should swear around other people's kids. And I don't think saying fuck around other people's kids and talking about fucking people in two's and three's in front of other people is the same. 

Because it's not. Not even close.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

And I think Denise has heard him explode like that before which is why she kept telling him not to say anything.

Hmm that does make a lot of sense, and would also explain why she so suddenly decided to leave - he was drunk and belligerent and about to blow.  But the previews of that scene made it look as if Denise was being super shady about something.  But she just didn’t want him to blow up on camera.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/6/2020 at 5:06 PM, psychoticstate said:

Does Erika even remember her own kid's name? 

Tommy lives(ed) with Erika and Tom, even as an adult.

(At least as of 2017, when she told Andy more about him.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Aaron is being gaslighted by Bravo and needs to stay away. Denise has to fight her own battles and realize that other than Garcelle she has no friends here. She should know that the best defense is a good offense and should pick off the weak links first.

Start with the Chief shit stirrer Rinna. Yes talk about the husband and why he is not around. Tell her you don’t want your children around her because you don’t want them to develop an eating disorder.

Then move on to the rest of them.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

She lost me there with her hypocrisy. Sorry, but you're not going to complain about what's said in front of children & then drop the f bomb every other word...

seeing has they didn't give a flying fuck for her rules and tried to flip it on her has Mommy shaming ... let her curse up a storm .. you respect my rules i respect yours ..fair is fair

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
(edited)
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I always forget about that. He has a child with someone born in 1936 and then two with someone born in 1963. lol Age ain't nothing but a number to Harry!

😂

Honestly, this is one of my favorite things about Rinna. She doesn't pretend to be above the show. She doesn't pretend she was super serious about acting. She is pretty open about her "hustle" and enjoying fame and fortune. She doesn't pretend she's on the show because she's so selfless and purely there as a serious business woman or for charities. You know all these ho's are more self-involved than they like to admit. 

Yeah my first thought is that it had to do with the lawsuit. Kyle said her husband didn't sign up for the show and to leave him alone, but he's been regularly featured since season 1 and has promoted The Agency quite a bit. He's fair game, and if they don't want to address any alleged shadiness on his part, he does need to stay off camera.

We don't know Mauricio, or have any direct knowledge of his integrity with regard to how he conducts business.  The existence of a legal dispute over a real estate transaction doesn't just automatically equate to shady behavior on Mo's part.  That would be like saying if someone gets arrested by the police or investigated by the FBI they must have committed a crime.  It's simply not so.

I've seen plenty of frivolous/meritless lawsuits come down the pike, and if Mo was that shady his business wouldn't be as big as it is for the years it has been around.  This is not to say people don't lie or make mistakes, but so far Mauricio has managed to settle whatever legal battles he's had with his reputation intact.  That indicates to me that the guy probably conducts his business honorably.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

seeing has they didn't give a flying fuck for her rules and tried to flip it on her has Mommy shaming ... let her curse up a storm .. you respect my rules i respect yours ..fair is fair

That's precisely my point! 🙂

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I will never ever understand how people give saying the word fuck and talking about fucking between two people or three people equal weight. It makes zero sense.

I don't think Denise should swear around other people's kids. And I don't think saying fuck around other people's kids and talking about fucking people in two's and three's in front of other people is the same. 

Because it's not. Not even close.

If I did equate the two, I didn't mean to! 🙂 

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

We don't know Mauricio, or have any knowledge of his integrity with regard to how he conducts business.  The existence of a legal dispute over a real estate transaction doesn't just automatically equate to shady behavior on Mo's part.  That would be like saying if someone gets arrested by the police or investigated by the FBI they must have committed a crime.  It's simply not so.

I've seen plenty of frivolous/meritless lawsuits come down the pike, and if Mo was that shady his business wouldn't be as big as it is for the years it has been around.  This is not to say people don't lie or make mistakes, but so far Mauricio has managed to settle whatever legal battles he's had with his reputation intact.  That indicates to me that the guy conducts business honorably.

Mo works in high-end LA real estate.  There is an implicit level of shadiness in his business.  

• Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Plus he stole Kim’s house from her never forget that lol 

He stole a lot of things.

He stole a bunch of listings and brokers when he left the Hilton real estate agency and set up his own shop.

He stole money from his client when he was part of a group that bought and flipped the property that he was sued and he didn’t disclose he had a major financial interest in it. That is a major ethical lapse.

If they had him on the show and someone like Rinna questioned him about that it would be gaslighting. Or asking PK about his many lawsuits. Or Tom Giradi and his multiple lawsuits with creditors. Let’s call them on the carpet and see how articulate they are in explaining away these things.

Instead these things are covered up and unmentionable. Aaron was stupid. He should never have shared his beliefs or business on the show. He needed to remain the supportive spouse in the background and let Denise handle the attacks on her own.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 7