Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Mind Your P's and BBQ's

• Start Topic

Semi random thoughts:  I miss events like Maurico, Andrienne's husband and another husband- Ken? running a 5K race in high heels. Whatever happened to bizarre whimsy.

Eloise would not have been happy at a party where she didn't know anyone, a bouncy house with a bunch of little kids would have been torture for her and her mother was working and would not have been available to her.  Denise made the right call making other arrangements for her and the older girls were too old for that party.

All the HWs with school age children do such a performance of pretending their children's friends don't watch the show so their kids are not affected.  If you knew someone whose parents were on reality TV you'd record and watch it and give them shot about it forever.  Those kids at Denise's party all signed releases and couldn't wait to see themselves on TV.   I know, don't break the 4th wall applies to them but we can see it and don't have to swallow the pretense, do we?  Their school lives must be miserable.

And my last thing; Teddie was right about no accommodations made for pregnant women.  That seating on the ground at the unBQ was ridiculous. 

• Love 19
(edited)
6 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So why is it on my TV? The three lines as quoted above "Don't tell me what to say. I am going to crush your fucking hand. Stop it." Also a few lines from Denise just before she when she tells him to stop talking. I don't use CC - it was on my screen just as sometimes other lines are put on by production if they think they aren't clear to the viewer? Those are the only lines in the entire epi (without going back over it all to check) that show up on my screen. 

Have no idea but it’s not on the west coast feed of the show. Its not really that effective to show screen caps of the lack of captioning but this is the exact moment he says the crush your hand and nothing is captioned:

7AC8D644-5328-4CA2-BFF6-9D2341771493.jpeg

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Totally! How many people have even met a Bond Girl? I'd be starstruck meeting someone like Ursula Andress even though I don't know a ton about her. 

That too. Remember when Camille was so out of touch talking about the fires and Denise had to make a point about how fortunate they are even though it was a a devastating experience? She knows she's blessed with a lot, but she doesn't pretend that she doesn't have to work at maintaining her lifestyle or that she's above certain work because she's Denise Richards. 

I personally love anything soapy. It's how I know Rinna and Eileen. lol I have a Lifetime movie recorded with Denise in it, and I'm sorry but sometimes those shows are funner to watch anyway. 

Haha, cool catch!

Denise is on The Bold and the Beautiful, right?  OMG, I remember when it started. I had my first baby then and watched all the time.  Ridge, Erik, and Stephanie, the Mother.  Time flies. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, OlderThanDirt said:

And my last thing; Teddie was right about no accommodations made for pregnant women.  That seating on the ground at the unBQ was ridiculous. 

I hate to say it but Teddi was right about two things last night, that and when she was coaching her daughter through properly greeting someone ("make eye contact, say hello, shake their hand") and Sutton simpered out a "Oh, us girls don't have to shake hands." 

I like you, Sutton, but fuck no. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Aaron has been shown as nothing but an attentive husband and a loving step father. I found it very telling that in a scene last year when they both came into their house Eloise ran to Aaron first to hug him and welcome him home. Denise is a tough broad and would not stand for physical abuse or threats.

Bravo is notorious for deceptive edits. Scheana was edited to look like she was sexually propositionIng a 16 year old boy by an editor with a grudge who arrogantly admitted they did that and was fired. I wonder if one of these editors has it in for Aaron and Denise?

If I were Denise I would have asked Vyle where were her Demon spawn. The older ones I could understand since they had no interest in a kiddie party with a bouncy house. Just like Denises teenagers and frankly Garcelle’s boys who were very polite and well behaved if not bored out of their ever living minds. I would also tell Teddy that I wouldn’t want my daughter around her son who was a screaming maniac who Teddy could not control last year. Why would I want my developmentally challenged daughter around that kind of behavior? Or baby Pk whipping it out and peeing in the pool. Yes I know they are children acting out but Denise has to be extra careful with Eloise and I certainly wouldn’t trust any of them. I mean Erica could at any moment break into a dance routine and start patting her puss.

Who would want to subject their children to that?

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

I am completely disgusted by Aaron’s aggressive, condescending behavior at the BBQ. And Denise just laughed. I get it, she was feeling piled up on, but she’s okay with the snake oil he sells so I guess she’s okay with his asshole-ish, domineering behavior as well. I’m glad they both will not be returning next season — and I was a big DFR fan.

I wish the other women had told him off then and there for being such a prick. I can understand why they were stunned, though — Aaron is fucking “out there.”

Good for Garcelle for standing up for DFR at multiple points in the argument. I thought the shade in her speech was a bit unnecessary, but it made for a funny moment so I don’t mind it. I liked that she shared the info about her oldest son and why her charity work meant so much to her, it was very touching. I love her so she better not pull a DFR on me!

• Love 9

6 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I thought Aaron was mansplaining and condescending with the women, even if I agree with Denise. She mentioned on the way there that she was in a no win situation. If she brought her kids, it WOULD be constant passive-aggressive remarks that they have to watch what they say around Denise’s kids. She was 100% right about that. 

I never really understood the term mansplaining, but even if that is what Aaron did at Kyle's barbecue, he was extremely warranted to do so. Even though they were temporarily stopped in their tracks for a brief moment, these hags still wouldn't let up on their gaslighting gang up of Denise for "momshaming" them. 

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Erika, while looking beautiful in those talking heads, reminds me of the evil witch/queen in Disney’s “Snow White.”  

Mrs. Girardi did her take on the jealous, aging Evil Queen look in Season 8.

rhobh-erika-interview-1-min.jpg

4 hours ago, cheewhiz said:

Grrr, these women make me so mad! 

You and me both. I'm not a violent person by an means but I've had an increasing urge to drag these women by their hair extensions lately.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Bravo is notorious for deceptive edits. Scheana was edited to look like she was sexually propositionIng a 16 year old boy by an editor with a grudge who arrogantly admitted they did that and was fired. I wonder if one of these editors has it in for Aaron and Denise?

That's a good point. I hope this is the case here. 

• Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Have no idea but it’s not on the west coast feed of the show. Its not really that effective to show screen caps of the lack of captioning but this is the exact moment he says the crush your hand and nothing is captioned:

7AC8D644-5328-4CA2-BFF6-9D2341771493.jpeg

I am in Canada, and here the show is imported and shown on a network called Slice. On my TV the captioned lines weren't even the same size and font as the ones in the link posted by Legalbeagle421. On my screen the captioning was fairly large, with Denise's lines in yellow and Aaron's in white. Hmmmm.....

3 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

That's a good point. I hope this is the case here. 

However Aaron did say what he said. It is clear even without the captioning...

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4
(edited)

These hags were speechless because somebody called them on their bullshit.

I do admit it wasn’t Aaron’s place to do that. Bitches gotta bitch and act like attention deprived fame whores.

It would be a smart move to get high like Maugreasio or concentrate on stealing the silverware like PK does when he is there. You can’t win interacting with these hobags. Take a lesson from Ken and start carrying a drugged up dog in a tuxedo to give you something to do.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I can't figure out what was worse this episode: turning "Don't talk about sex stuff loudly in front of my kids, please," into accusations of Mom shaming (like, what?) or the specially designed by Kyle yacht wear pajamas and bathrobe she wore for her barbecue. Kyle, did you do glam?

To be honest, I'm surprised she didn't complete the ensemble with a The Agency hat. 

I vote the pj's and matching bathrobe for sure!   Ha!  Seriously, when she first came outside I thought she was just checking on the caterer before getting dressed.  Kyle has always had an awkward hit or miss style but this was a huge miss.   It wasn't until I noticed the matching orange heels that realized this was an outfit

Her terrible fashion has always been kind of a mystery to me because I truly love her house (the one before this too) which can only mean she leaves the house to a decorator and picks out her own clothes.  

I think they did the teasers at the beginning because otherwise I wouldn't have lasted the the entire hour.   For the first time ever I felt like turning this formerly fun (not this season though) show off.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I hate to say it but Teddi was right about two things last night, that and when she was coaching her daughter through properly greeting someone ("make eye contact, say hello, shake their hand") and Sutton simpered out a "Oh, us girls don't have to shake hands." 

I like you, Sutton, but fuck no. 

Why do you hate to say it?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yet he still films on this show. If Denises children are fair game then why isn’t Tom. Why does Erika grasp her pearls at the woman even thinking about having an argument in her home or disrespect Tom in any way but Erika can say that Denises daughters are underage sluts and how dare Denise ask her not to talk about having sex with underage children around. 

I don't disagree but you know, I don't think that really is Erika's home. 

I mean sure she lives there because Tom lives there (and probably has for 50 years by the looks of it) but nothing in that house looks like her at all.   She rarely if ever is filmed at home and I remember one time last year when she was and the pool/garden area really needed some repairs.  She asked Tom about getting it done rather than just doing it.  Anyway, I've always had the feeling that was Tom's house and she defers to him on all domestic matters - which while strange to me - clearly works for them.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

At the top of my list of the top-numerous-to-mention things I massively dislike about Lisa is her smugness. She simply could not love herself an more than she already does. 

154F7721-DC0B-401E-BE44-3B6A49566C01.jpeg

Edited by Mar
Added
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Mar said:

At the top of my list of the top-numerous-to-mention things I massively dislike about Lisa is her smugness. She simply could not love herself an more than she already does. 

Well some one has to love her.

Obviously her dysfunctional children and Harry Hamlin don’t. In fact Lois has fonder memories of a serial killer than the daughter who can’t be bothered with her.

Lisa loves herself.....and she OWNES IT!!!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Bravo is notorious for deceptive edits.

True, but then that would have to apply to Kyle as well as to Denise and Cancer's best friend.

• Love 4
(edited)

I hope Denise goes to LVP for counsel and that is the catalyst to bring her back. 

Kyle's stupid bangs exploding would be worth it.

Edited by Adgirl
  • Love 11
(edited)
34 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Why do you hate to say it?

Because Teddi breathes. Exists. And befouls my screen. (Note: this is a joke.)

Because Teddi is a trash human being who markets an eating disorder wrapped in an MLM scheme to women with low self-esteem and that shit is dangerous. And I prefer it when I don't agree with her and can just blindly dislike her but even a stopped clock is accountable right twice a day. (Note: this isn't a joke. I truly do think that makes her a piece of shit and I will go ALL IN on that.) And I think she brings nothing to the show, aside from that one bit where Kyle body-checked her into not eating a potato chip when she was drunk in France. (Note: this isn't a joke, I thought that shit was hilarious and sad at the same time.) Oh, okay, and that time that Dorit told her to shut up. That was pretty good, too. (Note: this isn't a joke. But I think Dorit is hilarious in a cartoon villain kind of way.)

ETA: (Note on the notes: there was confusion last time I cracked a joke so I want to make sure that it's crystal clear this time that one is over-the-top dramatics and I'm serious about the other.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

I hope Denise goes to LVP for counsel and that is the catalyst to bring her back. 

What would she counsel her in, how best to look while running away like a coward?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Please watch the tone in this thread.  

Saying that you heard something different is fine.  Mentioning how the closed captioning described something is fine.  Talking about how the Canadian version subtitled the whole conversation as opposed to the US version is fine.  

But the "so there" or "clearly you're not watching the same show I'm watching" type comments are not.

We can disagree but can we do so with less snippiness?

Thank you!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

True, but then that would have to apply to Kyle as well as to Denise and Cancer's best friend.

I actually do think editing is accounting for some of the viewer's reaction of Kyle this season. They're framing her to look like she's Queen Bee this season with her talking head narration of events but they're also leaning into the "but she's such an asshole, don't you think?" aspect of it, too. I don't doubt that some of that is true to an extent but they're really pushing that narrative. I personally don't mind because I think it's funny but it's also miles different from framing someone as a sexual predator of children. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I mean sure she lives there because Tom lives there (and probably has for 50 years by the looks of it) but nothing in that house looks like her at all.   She rarely if ever is filmed at home and I remember one time last year when she was and the pool/garden area really needed some repairs.  She asked Tom about getting it done rather than just doing it.  Anyway, I've always had the feeling that was Tom's house and she defers to him on all domestic matters - which while strange to me - clearly works for them.  

Dorinda and daughter got kicked out of the townhouse in N.Y. whenRichard died.  Maybe Toms kids will get the house too.  Who knows.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Because Teddi breathes. Exists. And befouls my screen. (Note: this is a joke.)

Because Teddi is a trash human being who markets an eating disorder wrapped in an MLM scheme to women with low self-esteem and that shit is dangerous. And I prefer it when I don't agree with her and can just blindly dislike her but even a stopped clock is accountable right twice a day. (Note: this isn't a joke. I truly do think that makes her a piece of shit and I will go ALL IN on that.) And I think she brings nothing to the show, aside from that one bit where Kyle body-checked her into not eating a potato chip when she was drunk in France. (Note: this isn't a joke, I thought that shit was hilarious and sad at the same time.) Oh, okay, and that time that Dorit told her to shut up. That was pretty good, too. (Note: this isn't a joke. But I think Dorit is hilarious in a cartoon villain kind of way.)

ETA: (Note on the notes: there was confusion last time I cracked a joke so I want to make sure that it's crystal clear this time that one is over-the-top dramatics and I'm serious about the other.)

How is calling someone “a trash human being” and “a piece of shit” different from the sentiments expressed in the “joke” portion of your post?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I normally love me some Erika but in all of this she is just wrong. And how sad to be married to someone for over 20 years and still have to act like a guest in your own home. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, nexxie said:

How is calling someone “a trash human being” and “a piece of shit” different from the sentiments expressed in the “joke” portion of your post?

Because I don't really mind Teddi breathing or existing. But I do think she's a trash human being and a piece of shit.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Mar said:

154F7721-DC0B-401E-BE44-3B6A49566C01.jpeg

Wonder if she’d do a spin-off showing her in therapy sessions - she’d try to manipulate the therapist, but I’d be curious to see how long she could stick with the illusion that she really does love herself.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Because I don't really mind Teddi breathing or existing. But I do think she's a trash human being and a piece of shit.

I agree with you about Teddi.  Her business reads as Goop-lite to me, and I can't get over her perma-tan.  I dont think it's a spray tan, I think she uses a tanning bed.  If I am wrong, please correct me.  But,  I can't her over the hypocrisy if she is tanning.  Teddi is not that much different than Aaron when you scratch the surface. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Sutton’s offer to be a package deal with Garcelle was great!

(That’s what she said - package deal, right? Sometimes my brain goes with a synonym.)

That was so funny! Sutton has actually been quite lovely. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Isn’t that what is on her business cards?

I know that terminology dominates her Yelp reviews.

• LOL 3
5 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Isn’t that what is on her business cards?

I know that terminology dominates her Yelp reviews.

Anyone stupid enough and with that much disposable income ... I don’t get paying someone to act like a nagging mother. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, cheewhiz said:

And Erica, if you are looking in the mirror liking what you are seeing, you need to open your eyes, she looks horrific in that TH with that stupid hair do.

That whole horrid get up reminded me of the Evil Queen in Snow White with the Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I remember seeing Delta Burke in “Thoroughly Modern Millie” on Broadway and Erica looked exactly like that.

Maybe she is doing a Greatest hits homage.

She can dress up like a Cat next week.

I love me some delta Burke. Suzan sugerbaker was is and always will be my spirit animal lol 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I rewatched this and I noticed a few new things.  Spoiler alert:  none of them are in Denise’s or Aaron’s favors, but all the players involved were wrong on some level:

They flash-backed twice to Denise saying “I will be mindful of them being in earshot of all of us,” “them” being the kids.  Clearly Dorit’s daughter being right behind her while she was cussing up a blue streak didn’t fit into what Denise said.  Dorit was sitting two people away from Denise in a small, intimate gathering.  I would think part of being “mindful” would mean that she could crane her head to the left and the right before saying all iterations of “fuck” at a children’s party.  She was professing one standard while exhibiting another.  That is the definition of a hypocrite.  

Dorit didn’t have to make the specific request that Denise not say “fuck” over and over in front of her very little daughter.  Denise said she was going to be mindful of the children’s presences.  Those were her words.  Is there anyone who doesn’t know it’s not good to say “fuck” and “fucking” in front of little kids?  Does Dorit have to explain to Denise that she doesn’t want her to drown her daughter in the pool also?  If Dorit had gotten all up in arms about it, I would take Denise’s side.  I would say that’s what happens when you shoot a Housewives show at your home and alcohol is served.  Shit happens sometimes.  But Denise was still wrong.  She was not being mindful of the kids.  Yet she got a pass on this from everyone except Teddi, who got a tongue-lashing.  

The most disingenuous part—the part that really bothered and kind of shocked me though—was that Denise is putting this all on Sami.  She said, “I wasn’t even going to say anything until Sami said something to me and I was like ‘oh shit’.”  Meanwhile, there is no footage of Sami saying anything other than they overhead them talking about threesomes and stuff and it was really funny.  What Sami said verbatim was, “Mom, we were dying of laughter, it’s fine.”  

If Denise doesn’t like the way the women were talking in front of children, fine.  She can say that.  What she doesn’t get to do is lie by omission and make it bigger than it was.  I would have 20x more respect for Denise and I would be so much more on her side if she had said, “in all honesty, Sami said she heard it and it was funny for her, but I was kind of embarrassed that I even had to have that conversation with her about threesomes in the first place and I wish we had established better boundaries.”  Sometimes you have to give an inch to get a foot, and Denise clearly didn’t get that memo. 

I’m not going to entertain any conspiracy theories that there was other footage of Sami being embarrassed on a grassy knoll and this was swapped in to save the reputation of Denise’s daughter...the way I look at this is that I have to go off the four corners of the episode or there is literally nothing to discuss.  

I think a lot of this is being told backward, especially by Aaron.  And I am kind of ashamed that there is not one woman smart enough to set him straight.  Aaron was saying “what is your problems” when the one with the main problem was his wife.  Aaron got to skate on that one because everyone was so worried about how they were being perceived to say, “hey, wait, bud, you’re not making sense.”

Prior to the barbecue, the women’s collective problem was the idea that Denise perhaps didn’t want her kids around them, which is what they said at Garcelle’s event.  But no one confronted her about that particular issue.  I think they were wrong; they were a little embarrassed and ashamed that they were talking loudly about sex with teenagers in earshot and they didn’t immediately calm down.  It seems like their party line is, “yes, we fucked up, but we’re good moms.”  They probably did a little Monday morning quarterbacking and thought that Denise is all over TV—reality TV, not just Wild Things—talking about happy endings and big dicks, so they thought they were free to say those things in front of teenagers and when they were stopped short by Denise, they were a little like, “what the fuck?”  And there pride was too strong and they had to dissect it and it looked petty.  That was about their biggest mistake as a group before the barbecue.  

I am not excusing them; they were wrong, but this is what I think was going on with them before the barbecue at Kyle’s.  It was hashed out too far and too long, and I wish someone would have just spoken from the heart and said “I’m embarrassed and part of my embarrassment is manifesting in looking at ways that you have exposed your kids to inappropriate sexual situations, and I’m trying to think it through.”  (Then again, if Eileen were there, she would have said that, and she got all kinds of shit for talking in “therapy terms” during her tenure—and I was one of the people who thought she was laying it on a little thick—so sometimes there is no winning with these women, even with me, so I have to be honest about that).  But I do think someone should have said something genuine to Denise, especially if they were going to spend so much time trying to trap her in her own web.  What happened to Rinna’s “own it!”?

It is just my opinion, but I think it is more objectively wrong to curse violently, like “fuck this” and “you’re shitting all over me” in earshot of kids than it is to talk about sex acts within earshot of teenagers.

Having said that,  I’ll say this for the 90th time because I feel like this keeps getting confused—Denise has a right to set any standard in her house she wants.  She can mandate that everyone has to wear magenta eye shadow or they will be escorted off the property (Rinna would like that one) and that should be adhered to, but right besides house rules, there is common sense.  I don’t think it can be discounted that Denise was serving alcohol and filming a reality show that has sexual overtones in her backyard.  Same goes for Kyle.  She also shot a reality show with alcohol in her backyard, and that’s probably why no one did make a big deal when Denise and Aaron were doing so much cursing.  What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  

At the restaurant the night before the barbecue, Aaron laid out the standard to which he supposedly adhered: “ It’s so simple. Don’t be rude and crude when there’s kids around.”  He would later go on to totally fall below that standard.  

On the way to the barbecue, it was clear Denise was pissed and she was on a mission.  Just the fact that Denise said, “I won’t be eating” and that she wanted to go to a restaurant because all the women would be fighting meant she wasn’t going there in good faith.  She shouldn’t have gone.  She should have just went to another restaurant with Aaron if she didn’t want to be with these women.  No one was putting a gun to her head and making her do her job.  

Denise was lying when she said she wasn’t upset with anyone at this table from Santa Barbara, because she had been to a facial where she was bitching about it and then she called Teddi a “shit fucking stirrer” about Santa Barbara.  So she was given the opportunity to give her side and say why she was pissed, but she was being passive-aggressive in denying it and then throwing stones.  

Lisa asked if Denise was more concerned about the friends being there and Denise replied “both.”  The fact that you can’t be “both” more concerned about your daughters’ friends hearing sex talk and more concerned with your daughters hearing it being an impossibility aside, Denise clearly had an issue with them.  

At the barbecue, Denise made that comment about not bringing her kids, namely Eloise, around “this group,” and Teddi and Dorit asked her directly what she meant and she was just silent. Teddi asked again and Aaron jumped in mansplaining (I don’t really know how to define mansplaining, but like Justice Potter Stewart, “I know it when I see it,” but if that is going to detract from my argument, please just substitute “explained condescendingly” for “mansplain”) and asking what the issue was.  

And I think this is where it got really stupid, because the person with the issue—as I laid out above—was Denise at this juncture.  It could have/would have been so clean if Denise had just come and said Eloise had a play date, and acted pleasantly and if anyone brought up the sex talk, then Aaron could have swooped in to make all of his self-righteous and demeaning comments about moving on and being honest and talking about something else.  

They played their cards wrong, because they were on different tangents.  That’s why I said I think Denise should have just skipped the barbecue and gone to a restaurant like she wanted.  If anything, Aaron should have gone to the barbecue alone.  But it’s dissonant when one spouse walks in with a puss on her face and an attitude and passive-aggressive digs and the other spouse is going in to ask the other women what their problem was.  If Denise could have refrained from having a problem, it would have packed a substantial punch.  Good teamwork geniuses.  

Something that keeps gnawing at me is that Erika was Denise’s biggest cheerleader last year.  She was fan-girling all over Denise like an embarrassed teenager.  She took all these pictures of Denise as Bond Girl in the Bahamas and said that her sexual fantasy is Denise and Aaron.  I don’t think it’s as simple as to say, LVP left, they needed a new target, so that was Denise.

I don’t think Erika would have just gone after Denise—I think she would have gone after any other woman on the show before Denise—just because LVP isn’t there.  Something is different about Denise this year.  I think she’s much more image-conscious than she was last year and she’s setting new standards and being more abrasive and saying she’s “fucking Denise Richards” which she never would have said last year and I don’t think Erika is merely “going after” Denise.  I don’t think Erika is suddenly jealous of Denise this year when there wasn’t an inkling of jealousy last year (aside from the fact that it’s my opinion that Denise has more to be jealous of with regard to Erika than vice versa. I’m just going off what I witnessed, not my ideas).  I think Denise is acting like she’s suddenly above them and that may account for the change in attitude of the cast toward her.  

Denise seems like she’s above it all this year.  Erika has been a stuck up bitch in the past, but I never got the impression she had an ego about her fame aka Erika Jayne.  If Erika had to leave Garcelle’s party early, she would have just been like, “baby girl, I’ve been up since six and I’m so exhausted, I’ll see you tomorrow, love ya, bye.”  I don’t endorse the hokey overly familiar shtick; it’s not my style, but it wasn’t cold.  I feel like Denise felt this sense of entitlement about leaving Garcelle’s awards party early that was expressed like, “don’t these bitches know I don’t have time for this shit show and I have to work.  On my soap opera.  Because I’m Denise Fucking Richards.”  It’s not something she’s said verbatim—there’s no smoking gun moment—but for me the subtext is there, and that could be why they are turned off to her and channeling it into some controversy over sex talk at a barbecue and who said what when.

I think it’s even more thoroughly ridiculous for Denise to take this superior attitude when this is not a show full of shrinking violets either.  Denise may be the most famous I guess, but she’s got no other superlative to claim.  She’s definitely not the richest, the prettiest, the skinniest, the youngest, and I don’t think she’s that funny or cool or nice this year either.  So even though it’s disguised in jeans, I think Denise’s ego has taken a turn and that could quite possibly be what the women are reacting to.  Every single one of them has said something about her, including Garcelle.  The same couldn’t have even been said about LVP at the same point last season.  So, giving the wisdom of the crowd its due, I think there’s something up with Denise that the cast is sensing and reacting to, albeit in a very bush league, immature way.  

I have said in the past that I get the sense that Denise is a good mom.  I remember hearing about her taking in Charlie’s children with Brooke, etc.  But that doesn’t give her a pass, let alone a pass for life.  I watch this show and judge it episode by episode.  If someone is behaving badly, I’m not going to excuse it because she picked up Eloise so many times she got hernias.  I wouldn’t even know what the point of watching the episode would be if I had my opinions made up ahead of time.  

If Denise turns it around again next week and pulls out a win, I’ll be the first one to say it, just like I said I think she won last week.  But everyone has to earn it through making good points and sophisticated moves.  I’m not just going to hand it to someone because they happen to be a good person.  It’s not that kind of show to me.  It’s the opposite of that kind of show.  It’s a bunch of women competing to be alpha bitch, and Denise could have achieved that if she’d gone into the barbecue with a game plan with her husband, instead of acting like a surly child.  Maybe next week will be a better week for her.  I’m not sure it could be much worse for her than this week.  

• Love 13
6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Nope. I actually rewatched the scene when someone claimed on the thread from the episode that she leaned in and spoke quietly. She did neither. 

I rewatched it too.  Nope to you.  She spoke quietly to the person sitting right next to her - she didn't address the whole table.

• Love 2

This thread has been locked until tomorrow morning.  The earlier note to watch the tone discussing other posters was ignored and a number of posts had to be hidden so a cooling off period is being instituted.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Look, all I want to say is that Portia was at the party. For like 1.5 seconds, y'all can see her...it's right after Garcelle says her boys want to play with a ball and there's a quick shot to the bounce house and Portia is there.  It's at 37:01 on my recording, but that's my cable and not that reliable.

Oh, and as for Denise swearing up and down in front of Dorit's kids....yeah, that's a non starter.  Dorit's kids have lived on & off from birth with a dude who chained up a person for sexual gratification.  That far out-paces any movie role or Playboy appearance.  It is an actual crime that he served time for.  On the upside, Dorit didn't raise the issue.  It is yet AGAIN another issue of "shuddup, Teddi".  

JFC, Teddi is more useless that Cindy Barshop.

• Love 12

From the way Denise is moving I think she is still in a substantial amount of pain from her hernia operation. Being in pain makes it difficult to deal with things. I like that Aaron was being protective but it may have come across better if he wasn’t a bit intoxicated. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

From the way Denise is moving I think she is still in a substantial amount of pain from her hernia operation. Being in pain makes it difficult to deal with things. I like that Aaron was being protective but it may have come across better if he wasn’t a bit intoxicated. 

I can totally see Aaron persuading her not to take any pain mediation prescribed by her doctors.  Big Pharma is bad in his eyes.  Unfortuantely, Aaron's crystals and other woo treatments don't seem to be working that well.  Kyle's interesting setup for the BBQ didn't help.  That low table with stools and pillows along with the tent look great on Instagram, but not very practical for grown women who are recovering from major surgery, pregnant, and wearing stilettos.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Portia was edited out because she tried to steal the Goddamn Bouncy House.

Here I was thinking it was because she's stolen Mo's face and Kyle couldn't tolerate Mo not being there when Ed was, lest she get jelly of her underling.

It's not ok that Aaron said that thing about crushing Denise's hand, and although I understand he was sticking up for his wife at that dumb party, he really was hamfisted and mansplainy about it. 

I'm still on team Denise, but I think Aaron needs to keep quiet and just stay in his role as sex idiot (à la 30 Rock).

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Yes, Denise is a cast member but her underage kids are not.  

Erika jumped all over Eileen for bringing up her adult son.  And we've heard time and again that kids should be off limits.  So that should include Denise's kids as well.  

And FTR, I don't think Denise cares so much about comments directed at her (unless they directly impact her children) but she's looking out for her daughters (and their friends.)

This^^^^

• Love 9