Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Mind Your P's and BBQ's

• Start Topic

On 6/11/2020 at 9:05 PM, ladypoodle said:

So embarrassing that Teddi resorted to " big scaaawwy man being mean and taking down women" when Aaron called them all out. Get out of the kitchen Teddi.  He was right, it was a non issue stop talking about it, we are all bored to death. MOOOOOVE ON. 

Teddi's lame attempt at being relevant is both obvious and pathetic.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
On 6/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

If I were Denise I would have asked Vyle where were her Demon spawn. The older ones I could understand since they had no interest in a kiddie party with a bouncy house. Just like Denises teenagers and frankly Garcelle’s boys who were very polite and well behaved if not bored out of their ever living minds. I would also tell Teddy that I wouldn’t want my daughter around her son who was a screaming maniac who Teddy could not control last year. Why would I want my developmentally challenged daughter around that kind of behavior? Or baby Pk whipping it out and peeing in the pool. Yes I know they are children acting out but Denise has to be extra careful with Eloise and I certainly wouldn’t trust any of them. I mean Erica could at any moment break into a dance routine and start patting her puss.

Who would want to subject their children to that?

Weren't a few of these women who laughed at baby PK's antics the same women who clutched their pearls and were positively mortified when Brandi's little boy peed on the lawn outside of the pool during her first season?

I couldn't stand Brandi, but I couldn't help but compare the reactions to the offspring of Dorit (whom they supposedly like) and the offspring of Brandi (whom they clearly didn't like).    

Kids are going to be kids, and kids do crazy things, but the hypocrisy of that juxtaposition made me slightly roll my eyes when both little boys had done essentially the same thing.  

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Weren't a few of these women who laughed at baby PK's antics the same women who clutched their pearls and were positively mortified when Brandi's little boy peed on the lawn outside of the pool during her first season?

I couldn't stand Brandi, but I couldn't help but compare the reactions to the offspring of Dorit (whom they supposedly like) and the offspring of Brandi (whom they clearly didn't like).    

Kids are going to be kids, and kids do crazy things, but the hypocrisy of that juxtaposition made me slightly roll my eyes when both little boys had done essentially the same thing.  

Yeah I even liked Brandi back then.  But I think Kyle was cool about it and the ladies who were clutching their pearls were different ladies than the ones who cooed over baby PK.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/9/2020 at 11:32 PM, bravofan27 said:

Talking about gaslighting! There is a lot of gaslighting on this show. We saw it when Lisa Rinna asked Teddi "What would you have done?" When Kyle stormed off. Teddi told her, and then Dorit says, "The world according to Teddi!" and then Lisa Rinna glared at Teddi. LISA RINNA ASKED HER THE QUESTION. They made it seem that Teddi was being an ass for giving her opinion when Lisa Rinna directly asked for it.

That's IMO gaslighting. Making someone feel like the did something wrong when they did exactly what was asked. Or supporting someone's ideas and beliefs, and then, later, admonishing that person for them. That's gaslighting.

I don't think any of these ladies are purposely doing it. They are just screeching here and there for camera time.

I don't think Bravo is gaslighting Aaron, because gaslighting involves direct communication. Bravo may be guilty of making Aaron look stupid via editing.

Kyle MIGHT have been gaslighting Aaron when she said, "OH! Your job is SOO interesting! Tell us about it!" for the sole purpose of rolling the eyes and gossiping about how wacky he was. But that's really more setting someone up-- being a bully, being mean. Kyle purposely asked Aaron to talk about his job, after which most of the table talked about how wonky he was. That was a calculated move via Kyle. But, not sure if it's gaslighting.

Telling Teddi to shut up after she was asked to give her opinion, or pretending you thought Aaron's ideas were smart only to laugh at them in front of others do set the person up to insult them/humiliate them, but neither is gaslighting. Gaslighting is seriously trying to make the other person question their own hold on reality. It's very specific.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

It was even worse than that.  Last season, Jagger was going into Kyle’s house to use the bathroom like a proper person, and Kyle actually called out to him and dissuaded him and told him to urinate on the grass, because, ha ha ha, everyone else’s kid does (cut to flashback of Brandi’s kid).  I thought it was so rude to deter a little boy from proper behavior that may have taken years of hard work to instill in favor of a cheap moment for television.  And Dorit went right along with it.  SMH.  

• Love 6
On 6/11/2020 at 6:05 PM, ladypoodle said:

So embarrassing that Teddi resorted to " big scaaawwy man being mean and taking down women" when Aaron called them all out. Get out of the kitchen Teddi.  He was right, it was a non issue stop talking about it, we are all bored to death. MOOOOOVE ON. 

It's not only Teddi; all the housewives from all the cities complain when husbands get involved in "women's" disagreements. Personally, I disagree with that stance. As for Aaron, while he is wonderful to Denise's children, that's about the only good thing I can say about him. I find him dumb as a rock, unattractive, & his calm, quiet demeanor (to me) betrays the seething roidrage just below the surface. I'm not saying he's abusive, just another meathead moron phony bologna...

13 hours ago, suomi said:

When it was Brandi's  son Kyle characterized it as "I mean, hello. Parenting 101."

🤣 I cannot read that without hearing Kyle's voice saying it in my head!!!!

• Love 7

Some promos show Dorit saying to Rinna, "If I can smell your breath, you're too close." 🤣 The way she she delivered that line, with her unusual accent, kills me every time. I want that on my t-shirt! 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Some promos show Dorit saying to Rinna, "If I can smell your breath, you're too close."

It also doesn't help that it looks like the golden goose literally took a shit on Dorit's head.

Who wore it better?

x.jpg

game-of-thrones-most-unpleasant-moments-

• LOL 16
23 hours ago, princelina said:

Yeah I even liked Brandi back then.  But I think Kyle was cool about it and the ladies who were clutching their pearls were different ladies than the ones who cooed over baby PK.

Kyle was the lead pearl clutcher and really tried to make it a thing. It was Adrian who was cool about it. She even explained to Kyle that since Kyle had only raised daughters, she didn't understand how different it was to raised boys. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
(edited)

OMG, little boys are crazy!! When my son was around three years old, I was watching the movie Moonstruck. Afterwards, I took him for a long ride in a Burley bicycle trailer. We rode into a very fancy country club neighborhood on the golf course. I pulled over to look at some beautiful landscaping & let him out for a minute. I'm looking at these gorgeous plants, when the next thing I know he's shouting, "BELLA LUNA!!!!!" at the top of his lungs while peeing on the plants a couple of feet away from me. The homeowners came out to see what the commotion was & of course looked horrified. I scooped him up midstream, threw him in the bike trailer, yelled, "I'm so sorry!" & pedaled away, mortified, as fast as my legs would go...

Edited by IslandGirl
Left out an 's'
  • LOL 16
On 6/11/2020 at 11:30 AM, Baxterita said:

Aaron - I think he's hot.  And I think the "hand crushing" thing was that he was so mad, he was holding on to Denise's hand really hard, and he wanted her to let go, so that he wouldn't inadvertently hurt her hand.  Not that he was crushing her hand on purpose.

I tend to agree with this.  She tried several times to hold his hand and he was yanking it away.  I think he was so worked up, he was warning her he might crush her hand and didn't want to do that.  She finally put her arm through his.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 6/6/2020 at 5:50 PM, Golden Girl said:

Make it STAAAAAWP!!!!!  Every season this gang of shrews gangs up on someone and every season they take one small thing and stretch it out all season. Kyle’s non-BBQ BBQ was such a set up to trap Denise. It is Denise’s choice whether or not to bring her special needs child to be filmed knowing that this crew will all pounce on Denise whether she brings her or not. Enough!!!!!

ps - PLEASE get rid of Teddy and Erika Jane!!!

I would second that with PLEASE get rid of Kyle, Teddy, and Erika. They are all just catty, rude, and downright nasty, and likely doing it hoping they will have more air time.

• Love 9

i tuned in last night to a replay of dorit telling rinna to back off dorit  could smell her breath!!!!   

So much for lvp quitting the show.... she could live off the residuals....she gets more airplay  than any of them!!  that  must rankle them

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I tend to agree with this.  She tried several times to hold his hand and he was yanking it away.  I think he was so worked up, he was warning her he might crush her hand and didn't want to do that.  She finally put her arm through his.

I thought maybe he was so pissed off he was clenching his fists and when she held on to his hand, he was afraid he'd hurt her.  Maybe I give him too much benefit of the doubt because while I think he's off his nut, I don't think he's inclined to violence.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 6/18/2020 at 6:53 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I thought maybe he was so pissed off he was clenching his fists and when she held on to his hand, he was afraid he'd hurt her.  Maybe I give him too much benefit of the doubt because while I think he's off his nut, I don't think he's inclined to violence.  

Those were my thoughts, too, but you said it better!

• Love 4
On 6/14/2020 at 1:04 PM, Adeejay said:

Teddi's lame attempt at being relevant is both obvious and pathetic.

I would rather watch LVP animals ..  This whole thing is just dam stupid this season.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 6/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, TurtlePower said:

Kyle seems really wacky this season. I can't put my finger on it, but her behavior is sometimes "off" and inappropriate at certain times--like she's on some sort of happy pill one minute and bossy or crying the next. It's as if she's trying to morph herself into something she's very uncomfortable becoming. 

I’m finally watching this season years later and I’m having the same reaction to Kyle. Lots of the time it seems like she’s on something or drunk or something. I’ve never liked Kyle and I could buy her as just being bitchy now that she thinks she’s HBIC but she also seems hyper all the time too. I don’t know if anything ever came out to explain her behavior this season but she is annoying AF.

• Like 3