Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Swan Thong

• Start Topic

Sara channeled Buffy in the fight with Stabby Fate. Wooden stakes too! And she found a clever way to beat a god just like the Buffster.

I really hate seeing Ava fly the Waverider.

Everyone calling Sara Captain was comforting. 

Charlie’s existential post traumatic crisis was well done. The Free Will Yay! presentations were fun. Nate really dropped the ball in his defense of The Beatles though. Nice perspective from Lita. Life is messy and beautiful indeed. 

OG Zari taking Zari 2.0’s phone, and the ensuing outrage, was joy.

Turning Gideon into the new loom is pure evil. Well played Lachesis. 

I laughed really hard at OG Zari being weirded out by Con and Zari 2.0 making out.

The Thong Song playing over the battle with the Encores was perfect. Whoever is in charge of song selection needs a raise.

This show knows how to bring the emotion. Charlie forgiving Lachesis was moving.

OG Zari choosing to return to the totem and save Behrad was another one. Still don’t care about the Nate thing but Tala sold the heartbreak. I hope Zari 2.0 and Behrad go into the totem for advice so we can see her again.

Legends downtime at a bar jamming to Charlie and her band is serious fun. Do this more please. And Charlie better be back.

Did Sara get beamed up? Is Star Trek joining the Arrowverse now? 

• Love 8

Sara got abducted by aliens.  I repeat, Sara got abducted by aliens.  This is not a drill.

OG Zari didn't even get one last doughnut before going back into the totem.  Throw her some snacks.

I did like Zardashian solving the Gideon issue, with the old Jack Carter method.  Just unplug it.

I'll miss Charlie.  I am glad that Astra and Lita might be sticking around.

Legends, I'm usually on board with whatever craziness you throw out, but never play that song again.

• Love 5

So, is there a crossover with Roswell in the works? The white light thing is getting pretty heavy use over there.

I knew all those conspiracy theories about tech companies taking over the world were true.

• Love 1

Poor Nate. This is starting to become a regular thing. I guess he’s not meant to have a true love. 

The fight scene was fun. I’m wondering why nobody noticed that Sara was abducted.  Will they realize she’s gone or will she be erased from their memory?

• Love 1

Did Sara just get abducted by aliens again?

The Legends happily walking away at the end of a season just hanging out is one of my favorite things about this show.

I'm gonna miss Zari 1.0. I love her and I'm glad we got to say a real goodbye to the character. I feel bad for Nate. He keeps falling in love with women out of time and then having someone who looks just like them to have to live/work with. It's a sad pattern. And they didn't even let him hear the entire Thong Song! I did enjoy his using a weaponized steel version of Sisqo's  sweeping stomp in the battle. And I don't know how I feel about enjoying Sisqo on Legends more than Cisco on Legends.

I'm glad Behrad's staying. I got nervous for a second when he started bleeding. I'm glad we got to see Behrad 1.0's flashback. He's a good brother. 

I miss Ray!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I'm glad we got to keep Zari 2.0, I prefer her and I much prefer Zari/John than Zari/Nate. I do feel bad for Nate, though. As someone mentioned, this keeps happening to him, he falls for someone and not only loses them through no fault of their love, but has to do then deal with a complete look-a-like where those feelings aren't there anymore. What a bummer!

LOVED the Sisqo song during the fight. That was INCREDIBLY awesome.

My only worry is that I really love Astra and she told John she was basically gonna be living in his house it sounded like as opposed to sticking with the Legends and I really want her sticking with the Legends.

Overall, other than the stupid co-captains stuff, I quite enjoyed this season (per usual) and it was a step-up from last season (ugh, Mona). My only true complaint is I don't understand why we had to lose Ray.

• Love 5

So, this was the finale and I thought it was pretty good. It didn't feel like a finale, but more because I wanted more.

Ah, Classic Legends to have the Thong Song playing over an epic fight with shake weights and other various random items. I also appreciate Nate Steel'ing up more than once here.

So, I'm glad for Zari 2.0 sticking around and I AM glad that, ultimately, we didn't have both Zaris merge for a weird love triangle thing for next season...but I AM sad about OG Zari. I LOVED OG Zari. At least she isn't dead so I fully expect her to come back at some point. And, regardless of my feelings for Zari/Nate, they did have some good moments here, especially when saying goodbye. And...yeah, pointing it out, even though Nate keeps getting into these relationships, he also keeps losing them and still having to face their doppelganger.

But we get to explore Zari/John, which would be a new path for John. And Behrad stays!

So, Charlie's also gone, which is a shame, but understandable. I just wish they utilized her a bit more before this Fates arc. 

And Astra may not be joining the Legends either? But she could still show up, which is great. 

Lita had a great moment in this episode with Charlie. I'm growing fond of the mini Rory.

Sara gets her sight back! Yay! But then she gets abducted by aliens! Boo! 

I'm intrigued by what they have for next season, that's for sure.

• Love 6

Oh, so that's why this episode is titled "Swan Thong"!  Leave it to this show to not just have a fight scene to the tune of "Thong Song", but they even got the actual Sisqo to play a robotic version of himself that is on display in the Hall of Bad that the Fates created.  Yep, that all makes sense on this show!  Credit to Sisqo for seemingly willing to be able to poke fun at himself.  Of course, since I imagine he made quite a bit of money off that song, I'm sure he's quite happy to keep laughing his way to the bank!

I figured that one of the Zaris was going to end up leaving at the end, but I didn't predict that it would be OG Zari leaving because being around was effecting Behrad in a bad way, and this time, she was going to be the one to make the sacrifice.  At least it sounds like she just went back into the talisman, so maybe she can make a return someday.  I'm a little bummed since I do prefer her to Zari 2.0., but I still think she's become pretty awesome in her own right, and, more importantly, I'm just thrilled Behrad is still around!  Really hope Shayan Sobhian is bummed up to regular status next season.  And, as usual, Tala Ashe killed it as both Zaris again.  Especially when they were playing off each other!

Fun seeing some of the encores again, including Courtney Ford reprising Marie Antoinette!

More fun Mick/Lita moments.  I doubt she'll be there all of the time, but it seems like Lita is being set up to keep popping back in, which is nice.  Mina Sundwall really is a perfect choice for the role.

I'm glad Astra found some peace, but it sounds like she's planning on staying back?  Kind of confused about that.

Also sounds like Charlie has left the Legends.  If this is truly it for her, gold star to Maisie Richardson-Sellers, who was always enjoyable here (both as Charlie and Amaya.)

Sara's got her eyesight back!!

I love that Constantine was the only one that was in his normal outfit for Charlie's punk rock show.  Nothing is going to make that main part with his trench coat!  Well, unless he's doing undercover work in a mission!

So, the set up for next season is that Sara might have just got abducted by aliens (again)!  Yep, that's pretty much becoming a normal Tuesday for her!  To be fair, wherever these aliens are good or bad, they would be wise to pick her as a potential ally or threat amongst the human race!

All in all, while I'll probably still have either season two or three as my favorite, I thought this season was a fast improvement from last season, and it still continues to be my personal favorite out of the D.C. line-up.  My only main concern is that I'm still wary about continuing on without Ray, but I hope I can get use to it (or better yet, the longer wait allows TPTB to change their mind and bring Brandon Routh back, dammit!)  Still, it was another successful season, and I can't wait to see where this crazy train goes next!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, the set up for next season is that Sara might have just got abducted by aliens (again)!  Yep, that's pretty much becoming a normal Tuesday for her!  To be fair, wherever these aliens are good or bad, they would be wise to pick her as a potential ally or threat amongst the human race!

I would love it to be Diggle, new member of the Green Lantern Corps, who needs his old pal Sara's assistance on a cosmic mission. Dinah Lance got to be a Green Lantern just last summer in the DCeased story so there's comic precedent for it...

• Love 5

OG Zari choosing to return to the totem and save Behrad was another one. Still don’t care about the Nate thing but Tala sold the heartbreak. I hope Zari 2.0 and Behrad go into the totem for advice so we can see her again.

I'll really miss her. I didn't love Nate and Zari as a couple but I did feel for them when they said goodbye. I agree that they should visit her in the totem on occasion. I know Tala Ashe couldn't possibly play both of them on a regular basis but seeing OG Zari once or twice next season seems manageable. I hope they eventually find a way for her to get out of the totem when either the show ends or Tala Ashe leaves. 

If Charlie really is gone from the show I will miss her. Maisie Richardson Sellers did a good job making Charlie and Amaya two very different characters. 

• Love 6

Did Sara just get abducted by actual freaking aliens?! I guess thats one threat that the Legends haven't faced very much yet outside of crossovers, but holy crap! At least she got her sight back, and got to do some sweet Daredevil moves first! 

I already miss Charlie and it sucks that she is leaving, but at least she is leaving on her own accord, and I feel like this episode did a good job at wrapping her arc up. With the Legends, she found the importance of helping others and found closure with her past and her sisters, while staying true to her punk rock self. Its not as bad as when Ray and Nora left, as I feel like they had a lot left to do in the show, so at least I cant be super pissed about it. 

Oh yeah, keep calling Sara Captain! I love that song! None of that co-captains bullshit, we acknowledge one Waverider captain in this house!

The Legends fighting historical figures with random crappy idea items while the Thong Song plays was classic Legends, thats just total perfection. I just want to do a dramatic slow clap. Everyone even got to actually use their powers during the fight! Saving that budget for the big fight in the finale I see. 

Using Gideon as a Loom replacement was pure evil, so evil that I am almost impressed. The Legends are certainly the people you want to have around when you want to show the complexities and also joys of random craziness, and I liked how Lita tied it into her own story for Charlie. Her existence basically makes no sense and is based around chaotic shenanigans, but those chaotic shenanigans gave her life and her family, and that gave the whole team their purpose and each other. 

I am really sad to lose Zari 1.0, but at least she isnt actually dead, and she can go knowing that Behrad is alive again. I am glad they didnt mix the two Zaris together into one Zari hybrid, but I thought that it would be Zari 2.0 who would go. I love both Zaris so much, I didnt want to lose either, but at least this way maybe Zari 1.0 can come back and visit? I have never cared much about Nate/Zari but I do feel really bad for Nate, this just keeps happening to him. 

I am very interested in seeing where Zari 2.0/Constantine goes, they have great chemistry, and I loved her solution to stopping the Loom. Just unplug the fucking thing! And that while everyone else got all punked out for Charlies show, Constantine just wore his normal outfit. If it aint broke...

I was worried that they would kill Behrad off when he started having flashes to his original timeline when he died, so I am glad that he survived. It was really interesting seeing that version of Behrad and some more parts of that timeline, I can imagine that it was a very different Behrad, but both of them are/were clearly a great brother. 

It sounds like Astra might be staying in England, but I hope that she sticks around, I like her a lot and I would like to see how she adjusts to life outside of hell. 

I always love Legends, but I thought that last season stumbled a few times, but this season did a lot to fix a lot of those problems. There were some issues, like I still hate that Ray and Nora left, and this whole co-captains mess and Sara being attached at the hip to Ava for so long, but over all it was a really fun season, and I am really excited for next season already!

• Love 4
(edited)

I enjoyed this finale. In the museum scene that featured all the Big Bads of history it felt like the writers remember they forgot to payoff some of the soul coins they teased in last year’s finale. But that final fight set to “Thong Song” was great. Supergirl had a few fight scenes this season set to pop songs and it waa really awkward. There’s just something about Legends where they can have a fight scene with reincarnated historical figures set to “Thong Song” and it makes sense.

It was fun watching OG Zari and Zari 2.0 playoff each other. Tala did a great job making them feel like two distinct people and it was reflected in all her interactions with the other Legends. I knew they’d have to get rid of one, I was just hoping it would be Zari 2.0. Using OG Zari’s presence as a disruption to the timeline is a good way to make a clear choice. I’m glad we finally got to see how things went down in the original timeline, though it was a bit triggering. And in the end Zari got to save her brother, so in a way her story is complete. I never like Nate/Zari as a couple but I felt for them when they were saying goodbye. Since she’s just going in the totem hopefully they’ll find a reason to see her again. I assume Behrad and Zari 2.0 will share the totem? Their wonder twins air bending move was awesome.

What happened to Astra trying to bring her mother back to life? Did she just give up on it because the Legends lost the Loom of Fate? Since Astra is moving into Constantine’s house I’m assuming that means the producers were  giving her a connection to the Legends but didn’t want to commit to putting her on the team. Though since Maisie is officially gone they should get another woman on the ship.

I never thought I’d really enjoy a Mick storyline but I love Mick as a Dad. I’m curious how she found out about her inception. She also didn’t seem surprised that Mick nearly erased her.

I know it isn’t possible because this was filmed back in February, but this episode felt like it was rectifying the “co-captains” nonsense from the past few episodes. There were repeated references to Sara as captain and leader of the team. 

I don’t know how I feel about aliens. Time travel has become less and less important and I think it’ll be worse if they move on to aliens. I hope the writers remember this is Sara’s second time being abducted by aliens. My first thought was that she’d end up like Kate McKinnon in that SNL sketch but I don’t think they’ll go there. I just hope they don’t make a joke about the Legends taking too long to notice Sara’s missing. 

Edited by BaggythePanther
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

What happened to Astra trying to bring her mother back to life? Did she just give up on it because the Legends lost the Loom of Fate?

I think between Lachesis first convincing her that bringing her mother back only so she could wind up dying anyway (conveniently forgetting to mention the "living" part in the middle), and that reunion she had with her a week or two ago, Astra found closure on that front.

Good episode; I did really like the bit with Lita and Charlie, although when Charlie asked "want to go cause some chaos," I was waiting for Lita to respond, "Well, I am Heat Wave's daughter..." I hope Lita sticks around, it'll give Mick something to do and watching him try to be responsible is highly entertaining. Speaking of which, where were those two when everyone else left the club in the final scene?

Great send-off for Zari 1.

• Love 1

I can’t believe Sisqo hasn’t aged in two decades. I still love that song, and it was hilarious watching Nate dance to it while he was fighting. Thank you show for continuing to kick ass.

I am one of the few Nate and Zari fans so that sucked to watch them say goodbye again. Poor guy can’t catch a break, and while one ex doppelgänger is gone another one takes her place. That has to be brutal. I prefer OG Zari to the new one (still can’t get onboard with her and Constantine), but I’m glad they kept Behrad.

• Love 3
(edited)

Finally . . . an Arrowverse season finale that wasn't cobbled together thanks to COVID-19. The weird part? If this season had 22 episodes and we had a premature finale, it would have worked in the series' favor. Legends of Tomorrow is all about leaning into the crazy. Lucky for us, the planned crazy worked out great.

The biggest shame is that we'll have to wait for a long time for S6, even if things get back to normal. Sara getting beamed up was a nice swerve, seeing how the team's encounters with aliens has largely been Dominator-related. Great to see her back to "normal" and kicking ass . . . though I can see how her sudden departure would set up Ava as the leader. I'm good with it. She's the fussy yin to Sara's wild yang. Sure, she's more Hermes than Leela, but you need someone to try and corral the cats that are the Legends . . . especially since the other candidates (Amaya, Zari 1.0, Charlie) keep going away. Now . . . if we get a situation where the main couple of the show is Ava and Nate? Then yeah, that ain't a hill I"m defending.

Nate is still the main putz on the team (Gary is an associate member, right?), but I like the guy. That said, maybe he should take a break from dating. If he meets a girl, and it turns out she has a Totem, then that would have to be stopped. I get the criticisms about the ships he keeps boarding and how his hemophilia has magically been forgotten . . . but then you have him fighting and dancing, as a mechanical Sisqo plays "Thong Song." That works.

It's a shame we couldn't have My Two Zaris. The original gets to live in the totem, Zardashian takes her place (and I should call her "Zari" from now on), and Behrad gets to stick around . . . which is all Zari 1.0 (Zar1.0?) ever wanted. And he gets to team her with his sister, and that dynamic looks like it could work for an entire season. I am still distressed that social media is still a thing in their future.

I'm happy Charlie got a nice ending, even if her forgiveness to her sister may have been inspired by Doctor Who. Maisie had a great four seasons, and I'm great with her reuniting with her band. Were they dead? Did she have to tell them why she looks different? Who cares?!?

Hoping for the best next season. Really hoping Ryan Choi gets recruited into the team. I'm surprised he didn't show up after COIE. I'm not sure what Sara could be doing in space. Hanging with John Diggle wasn't the first thing that came to mind, but that could work.

Bottom line: I still consider Legends of Tomorrow to be the best Arrowverse show. Even when it repeats old tricks (actress playing a different character, unexpected cameo at or near the end of the season), it's still good. And they seemed to learn that less Mona was a good thing. On the flip side, I kinda hope the Legends work out their frustrations on losing their beloved captain by kicking the crap out of Gary. Or maybe farm him out to STAR Labs.

ETA: I meant season finale taking place in late May/early June. That doesn’t include Arrow and Black Lightning.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 4

Very good finale.  It didn't match the highs of last week but still a fine finish to another great and entertaining season.

Will miss Zari 1.0 who would have made a great acting captain.  Glad we still have Zari 2.0 and Berhard on the team.

Will also miss Charlie and Astra.  I'm glad John has made peace with this part of his past.  It was long overdue.

Fun and inventive action from the Encore battle, as expected from Legends.

Looking forward to the team battling aliens.  Hopefully CAPTAIN Lance (it was great to hear that and see Sara deliver on the action front) will be back with the team soon.  I know the writers consider Sara and Ava the parents of the team.  Sara is but Ava is mom's girlfriend that no one listens too.  She will never replace Sara as much as the writers try and hopefully her "captaincy" will end quickly.

Legends continues to be one of my favorite shows.  I hate the long wait for Season 6 but I will be there when they come back.

• Love 4

I called Sara getting abducted and Charlie leaving so not surprised at that.

How nice of them to finally let Sara be Captain in the finale and actually do something. Since she will probably be missing for multiple episodes next season while her girlfriend takes over her job. They showed why Rip didn't work as the Legends leader, why would Rip 2.0 work.

I will miss OG Zari, not her and Nate though. I do like new Zari and John's relationship much better. I did like OG Zari's reaction to her other self being into John. Tala is an amazing actor.

• Love 10
(edited)

I thought it was a pretty good finale. Some grounding moments between John/Astra and Zari/Behrad. 

It was great to hear everyone call Sara "Captain" again, and none of that co-captain stuff. This is the way things should be. Sara again showed what a great leader she is. She utilized everyone in the best way, almost like a well-oiled machine. I love that she just called John's name and he immediately knew what to do with Charlie. And Sara got to fight a god blind, and kill that god. Though I didn't like seeing Ava fly the ship, I understood why. At least most of Sara's scenes were not just with Ava, but also the other legends.

The "curse of Sara Lance" strikes again. Everyone who Sara starts getting close to leaves the show - Snart, Jax, Stein, etc. Well, except Ava. But this time it's Charlie. I feel like they're just starting to develop a good friendship, and Charlie is gone. It's not a surprise, since it's clear the writers don't know what to write for her, but I like Maisie, and I thought Charlie was an interesting character. So I'm sad to see her go. 

So Sara gets abducted by aliens again. At least the last time, we got Oliver yelling for her. It looks like the aliens were targetting Sara specifically though, since she was the only one who felt something was wrong before she got beamed up.

Too bad Caity's attempt to sneak in a line about Quentin didn't stick. I wonder if it was during the presentation to Charlie.

Seeing the 2 Zari was fun. I think my favorite was when Zari 1.0 was trying to hack Loom!Gideon, and Zari 2.0 popped up on screen and simply pulled the plug with an adorable expression.

I was a bit worried they were going to kill off Behrad, but having read the synopsis for S6, I knew he was going to be back. I thought it might actually be more interesting for him to interact with Zari 1.0.

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

Seeing the 2 Zari was fun. I think my favorite was when Zari 1.0 was trying to hack Loom!Gideon, and Zari 2.0 popped up on screen and simply pulled the plug with an adorable expression.

That was the funniest thing. Tala=treasure 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

It's not a surprise, since it's clear the writers don't know what to write for her, but I like Maisie, and I thought Charlie was an interesting character. So I'm sad to see her go. 

Actually, this entire season's arc about Charlie and the Fates was written specifically for Maisie as they knew she was leaving.

“This was something that was well over a year in the works,” co-showrunner Phil Klemmer tells TVLine. “We knew that [Maisie] was wanting to make her mark as a filmmaker on her own, and so that allowed us to craft a story that would, hopefully, make for a satisfying conclusion. The finale was sort of all about her. For me, it’s so bittersweet, bringing it back to that punk club and The Smell… The good thing is that people are allowed to come back and have come back.” TV LINE

Another small thing I loved in the episode was when the group of them stepped in and saw that Gideon was being used as the new "Loom," and they all gasped "Gideon!" except for Zari 2.0. She gasped, "Gidget!"  I loved it!

• Love 6

I'm disappointed that we lost Charlie.  I like Maisie Richardson-Sellers as both Amaya and Charlie, but it's really obvious the writers didn't have anything for Charlie to do, and that's why they transformed her into Clotho this season.  I still miss Amaya.

I was prepared for her departure at the end of the season when it looked like Astra was being brought into the team.  This show definitely has a history of apparently thinking they must replace a departing minority actor with another.  Ciara Renee is fired, so they brought in Maisie.  Maisie is leaving, so they bring in Olivia.  Jefferson Jackson leaves, so they brought in (briefly) that Kid Flash.  Kid Flash leaves, so they introduce Behrad.

Except it looks like Astra isn't even staying!  She's apparently going to housesit for John.  Wonder if she will still occasionally be on the show.  I wish Charlie and Astra would both stay on the team.

I feel like the show purposely had Nate ask "Cap" for advice and Sara, and ONLY Sara, responded.  And then Zari 1.0 called her Captain.  Of course, I think this was done just to prop up Ava next year.  "Our captain is missing, Ava, we are looking to you!"  Then of course when Sara comes back, she will give up Captain to Ava.

Who were all of the villains in the Hall of Villains?  I saw Charles Manson's coin but was he one of them?  Some of them were identified for us.  Vlad the Impaler, Stalin, Marie Antoniette, Caligula.  Then there as a Neanderthal, someone that looked like George Custer, and another one with brown hair.  Why is Custer considered one of the worst villains of all time?

What were the "weapons" from the Hall of Bad Ideas?  I saw a pogo stick, Shake Weights, cigarettes, and Nate had cans of what was probably New Coke.  Were there others?

Easily better than last season's finale but with Charlie, Zari 1 and possibly Astra as well, this certainly lived up to it's title in a way.

Having the Legends taking out Encores to Sisqo's Thong Song and him performing the song during the fight was a stroke of genius.

Sara being snatched by aliens at the end is a good hook for next season but Ava still isn't the best of leaders.

Zari 2 and Constantine together next season, Lita recurring for Mick, Nate on his own, Zari and Behrad sharing the totem, all could work well.

Fates storyline wrapped up well and less Mona/Gary does work, 8/10

• Love 2
7 hours ago, blackwing said:

Why is Custer considered one of the worst villains of all time?

For that matter, why is Marie-Antoinette included in the group? At worst she was naive and ignorant of the daily living conditions for most of the population in France; she had been conditioned to take luxury for granted from her birth and ignore what happened outside the confines of the palaces they lived in. She certainly was not a mass executioner like Vlad the Impaler or a genocidal leader like Stalin.

• Love 2
(edited)

I’ve had the “Thong Song” stuck in my head all day. Thanks a lot Legends.

7 hours ago, blackwing said:

I was prepared for her departure at the end of the season when it looked like Astra was being brought into the team.  This show definitely has a history of apparently thinking they must replace a departing minority actor with another.  Ciara Renee is fired, so they brought in Maisie.  Maisie is leaving, so they bring in Olivia.  Jefferson Jackson leaves, so they brought in (briefly) that Kid Flash.  Kid Flash leaves, so they introduce Behrad.

I’m glad you laid this out. I wasn’t sure if I was over thinking it or if there really was a pattern. There’s still a chance that Astra will come back. They could have had Astra decide to make her way in the world. Instead, she’s still connected to John. I think the writers haven’t made up their mind about whether they want to keep her as a regular. I know we have a couple of relationships on the Waverider already, but I was looking forward to seeing more of her and Behrad.

ETA:

5 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

For that matter, why is Marie-Antoinette included in the group?

I think because it’s easier to bring Courtney Ford back than to cast a new guest actor.

Edited by BaggythePanther
ETA response
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I think because it’s easier to bring Courtney Ford back than to cast a new guest actor.

Well they did not give her much to do except messy fight scenes. And weren't Custer, Vlad, Stalin and Caligula characters we had not seen before, requiring new actors?

On 6/2/2020 at 10:33 PM, tennisgurl said:

Did Sara just get abducted by actual freaking aliens?!

Oh yeah, keep calling Sara Captain! I love that song! None of that co-captains bullshit, we acknowledge one Waverider captain in this house!

Now you know why they were pounding us over the head with the co-captain all season. With Sara being taken who do you think is going to be captain while she is gone and they search for her?

12 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

For that matter, why is Marie-Antoinette included in the group? At worst she was naive and ignorant of the daily living conditions for most of the population in France; she had been conditioned to take luxury for granted from her birth and ignore what happened outside the confines of the palaces they lived in. She certainly was not a mass executioner like Vlad the Impaler or a genocidal leader like Stalin.

I think because the Fates saw her as an agent of chaos-her indifference allowed a revolution, a major no-no for the fates.

Also, If the Fates knew the Legends had fought Marie before, they probably purposely added her back in, so they had old Legends enemies at the ready if the Legends reappeared. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

With Sara being taken who do you think is going to be captain while she is gone and they search for her?

Well than I guess we better buckle up and settle in because with incompetent "captain" Ava around, the Search for Sara could last for the next several seasons. They're gonna have to stop every five minutes for someone to give Ava a pep talk about how awesome she is when she wants to give up over every little thing. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I liked this episode, but it wasn't the best.

I much prefer original Zari to the current one. Not a fan of Zari 2.0 and Constantine.

I really like Lita.

• Love 1

Leave it to this show to not just have a fight scene to the tune of "Thong Song", but they even got the actual Sisqo to play a robotic version of himself that is on display in the Hall of Bad that the Fates created. 

I was thinking when Nate was interrupted from playing the song that perhaps the show didn't have the copyrights to play the song in the episode. So, not only did they actually play it, they got Sisqo to dance as well. I thought maybe it was an actor or something, and not the real deal (watching on a computer)...

You know the writing and the acting on a show is solid when you get teary over a character leaving but the actress is staying and playing a slightly different version of the departing character, so technically there is nothing to be sad about.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm going to miss Zari 1.0 a lot. I've grown to really love that character. Zari 2.0 has a lot of potential for growth and an arc. It's like when the producers of Star Trek The Next Generation late in the seried considered killing off Will Riker and replacing him with Thomas Riker, an identical version created by a transporter accident years earlier split Riker and because he was marooned alone on a barren planet for years who developed a more independent, rebellious personality. They decided not to go through with it because they knew the show would end in another season and it was too late to start over with a new character.

Edited by VCRTracking
(edited)

This episode had me feeling for everyone except Atropos. I mean, I even felt bad for Lachesis when she finally admitted to Charlie that the worst thing to come out of the destruction of the Loom and the restoration of free will was her loss of stature as an immortal goddess. OK, so she still made it all about herself, but think about it: you've spent several millennia being a powerful, immortal being whom everyone feared and worshiped, and now you're suddenly mortal and trapped in a finite existence without any sense of purpose? I can see why she reacted to Charlie's forgiveness the way she did. She honestly now has no sense of purpose or identity, and Charlie's advice to her not to let that stop her from finding a new purpose and identity in her new mortal existence must be as puzzling to her as it is terrifying.

And poor Nate. How many more times does he have to have his heart broken before he finally does catch a break? Losing his girlfriend twice AND his best friend in the same year would be unbearable even for a man who can make himself invulnerable at will (and by the way, Nick Zano shirtless? Yes, please!).

And then there's Astra. I'm glad that she got closure regarding her mother and found the strength to stand up to Lachesis by remembering who Natalie really was and everything that Natalie had taught her. I do hope we get to see occasional glimpses of her now that she's chosen to make her own life on Earth (and has elected herself John's permanent tenant and keeper of his house -- and I also loved it that she finally gave John back his soul chip as a final act of burying the hatchet with him!).

And while I do understand Charlie's desire to take her own advice to Lachesis and live her own best life as a mortal, I will miss her greatly. Maisie really did a great job getting us to fall in love with not one, but two different characters, and while I get her desire to move on in terms of her career, I again hope that we'll get occasional updates on Charlie. After all, she finally said goodbye in 1977 London. Even as a mortal, she'd most likely still be alive in 2020/2021, so I would expect the Legends to give us an update on her as well.

All in all, a very satisfying episode despite the overall melancholy tone. Now I'm intrigued to see who abducted Sara and why and what the Legends are going to do about it once they finally notice that she's missing!

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3

Eh, I wanted original Zari back. Kardi-Zari is amusing but that's not enough. And I'm also not a fan of Behrad. This show keeps snatching away my favorites: Rip, Snart, Ray and Nora and now Zari. (The only ones I was glad to see leaving were the chicken people.) 

Apart from S1 this was my least favorite season. Not enough Beebo and losing three characters I like almost broke my enthusiasm.

• Love 3
(edited)

I forgot to mention how great it was to see that Lita finally accepts Mick as her father and even understands that she's an anomaly who owes her existence to his impulsiveness. That scene of them bonding over Lita's first time-trip was adorable. Mick's really started to grow up now that he's accepted the responsibility of being Lita's father and especially the part about protecting her, teaching her, and being a proper role model for her.  I really wouldn't mind seeing her as a recurring character next season -- there's no telling what she could potentially bring to the table as the daughter of a Legend (and as a Legend in her own right!).

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3

I was 8 episodes behind and binged them all this weekend. Zari 2.0 has grown on me, as has Behrad.  Mona and Gary were well used.  I'll miss Charlie/Maisie.  The TV/1984 setup was inspired lunacy, which is what I love most about my Legends. 

But I am still on the fence after losing so many favorite characters with Nate, Ava and Constantine still around. (At least his Astra angst is resolved.) Sara's abduction could go either way - if it means no Sara and lots of Ava/crew looking for her - pass. If it kick starts a non-magicky, alien and/or time travel story that actually uses Sara that could be awesome, so I guess we'll see. 

• Love 3
On 6/7/2020 at 5:24 AM, MissLucas said:

Eh, I wanted original Zari back. Kardi-Zari is amusing but that's not enough. And I'm also not a fan of Behrad. This show keeps snatching away my favorites: Rip, Snart, Ray and Nora and now Zari. (The only ones I was glad to see leaving were the chicken people.) 

Apart from S1 this was my least favorite season. Not enough Beebo and losing three characters I like almost broke my enthusiasm.

I pretty much agree with all of this....and Rip was ruined by the time they were done with him anyway, as I recall. The only thing better about this season was less Mona and Gary. I hope they don't keep Astra around either; I don't know if it was the writing or the acting but that whole characters arc was too drawn out and annoying. It seemed like the same thing over and over, blame John whine about her mother, rinse and repeat then suddenly all was forgiven and peachy keen. I don't see reformed Astra bringing anything to the table. Also, if they knew for over a year that Maisie was leaving, why did they have to force Brandon out? He's been very upfront that it wasn't his choice and from what I've seen, he wasn't particularly happy about it.... I'm pretty sure I know why they did, but saying so will probably get me in hot water....

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/9/2020 at 5:54 AM, Daltrey said:

I'm pretty sure I know why they did, but saying so will probably get me in hot water....

If you don't wanna say in thread would you mind DMing me your speculation, I'm very curious. 

Edited by Delphi
On 6/4/2020 at 4:35 PM, Quark said:

Not a fan of Zari 2.0 and Constantine.

I just don’t buy it.  I thought there was more chemistry between Sara and John that one time...Not that it would ever happen again, but, rowr!

I didn’t think I’d miss Ray but I do.