Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Dope!

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, dleighg said:

That one guest was so disrespectful to everyone else, holding up dinner for so long. I just can't understand how people can be so self-centered. I don't think she was the primary right? The primary should have just said "we're eating" and yelled down "you can eat whatever courses are left when you get up here."

Oh man, that WAS the primary. What a mess.

When you're the guest of the primary, it's probably best to suck it up and just deal with it. Of course, it could be that production wanted to create the drama to the point that they probably withheld any type of snacks from the other guests (while supplying them with plenty of alcohol) to ensure that they got plenty of negative soundbites.

From what I've read, charter guests are given a significant discount compared to the cost of a similar vacation (minus the film crew documenting and editing their experience) so I'd imagine that production has a lot of say regarding meals, snacks, etc., which would explain why the other guests were waiting so long to get a morsel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Chris hurts his back.  Can't help much anymore.

Paggg pulls his hamstring.

Ciara goes down with heatstroke.

Karma for how they treated Parker?

Paggg was funny whining about carrying the heavy suitcase.  One with wheels.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, elsie said:

and his sweet natured, experienced replacement goes down for the count after only being there for a hot minute.

But again Chris, who had a bad back, wasn’t using proper lifting techniques and did shit like flop backwards into the hot tub during the PJ party.

I mean it’s awful that he is hurt but his cavalier attitude with basics is not a good look to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Which pretty much makes him a typical young man - they think they are bulletproof.  I don't think the sailing industry as a whole probably stresses proper safety, especially that which is requisite here in the US.  Hopefully he will be able to recover and will learn to work smarter in the future.

• Love 13

Congratulations, Jenna.  You actually made me LIKE Hannah, FFS.  Heck, I would actually rather spend time with my ex-husband than Jenna.  That certainly says something.

It's the height of hypocrisy for Jenna to say that Madison should not be talking smack about her superior when Jenna does exactly the same about Glen.  She's enraged because Glen had the nerve to call her on her bullshit.  

I thought Glen handled the talk with Jenna well.  Adam shouldn't have been there for the discussion about how the interior suffers because of Jenna's work ethics (or lack thereof) but maybe there should have been a separate discussion between Glen, Adam and Jenna about their nonstop PDA.   At least Adam realized they needed to chill the PDA while Jenna bitched and moaned and rode her Huffy bike all over the boat.   Although they were still humping each other in the galley afterward so in one ear out the other?  

Between telling Georgia and Madison that she didn't care what they did, she wasn't giving them instruction on anything on the last charter to telling Glen that she and Adam weren't "fucking in the crew mess," Jenna is as unprofessional as they come.    So she assumes that Madison played runtelldat to Glen and proceeds to rip Madison a new one but when informed that it was Ciara that told Glen what was up, Jenna says nothing?   Typical bully.

I already dislike these charter guests.  So was it wonky editing or did Glen really do a pre-charter meeting about preference sheets less than 5 hours before the guests arrived?  The primary asked for a pink party - - other than food, what exactly was done for her?  There may have been a few pink things on the table but Kate Chastain would have put pink everywhere.  Jenna is the WORST.  

If Jenna truly believed that one of the guests was using cocaine, she should have woken Glen immediately.  As he said, if they were stopped and illegal drugs were found onboard, he could lose his license and his career.  

I hope  Chris is okay.  Sounds like a very serious injury.  Didn't appreciate that Paget made it sound like Chris stubbed his toe and was slacking about in his cabin.  Hardly.   But when Ciara was stressed out because of  . . . reasons . . . he sent her to bed, no problem, and didn't gripe at all.  

Oh . . . and fuck you, Jenna.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

This is what I didn't understand - if Glenn confirmed several times to Jenna that the compliant did NOT come from her department, why did she leash her vindictive childish behavior on Madison and Georgia? 

Because she's their boss and she can make their lives miserable.  The deck crew can tell Jenna to pound sand.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I hope  Chris is okay.  Sounds like a very serious injury. 

From the looks of that MRI scan, the disk is severely herniated. My guess is Chris is probably looking at a replacement or disk fusion very soon. Both major surgery with an extended recovery period. I'll bet he's out of sailing and recuperating for at least a full season.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

If Jenna truly believed that one of the guests was using cocaine, she should have woken Glen immediately.  As he said, if they were stopped and illegal drugs were found onboard, he could lose his license and his career.  

I thought both Jenna and Chris were really out of line. The guest in question was not doing coke. He was half asleep the whole time. If he was coked up he would have been bouncing off the walls.

I can’t believe that they are going to search his bag. On national TV where they are accusing him of being a druggie with absolutely no evidence. I wonder if he can sue them.

I feel his pain. I am an addict.

I am addicted to Hostesses White Frosted Donettes and walk around with white powder under my nose. On my chin. All over my shirt.

If I were on the show they would have stripped searched me.

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’m fairly sure if there is a Reunion, Jenna will not appear. She must have some idea by now that she is universally unpopular with the audience. She was supposed to appear on WWHL with Adam and she didn’t appear, Captain Glenn appeared again. 

Yes, I caught that too. Jenna was in the TV listings and promoted on Bravo the week before, that she would be appearing with Adam on WWHL on Monday,  5/4/20. I thought the same thing that she chickened out at the last minute and they brought on Glenn for the 2nd time in recent weeks to fill in.

Agreed. I think Jenna will not appear on the reunion. However, isn't that required per their Bravo contract, plus to get their final Bravo payout for the season?

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, aqusdealer said:

From the looks of that MRI scan, the disk is severely herniated. My guess is Chris is probably looking at a replacement or disk fusion very soon. Both major surgery with an extended recovery period. I'll bet he's out of sailing and recuperating for at least a full season.

Really unfortunate the way he got hurt. Paget got hurt carrying that thing too.

So the other BD yachts are better because they have winches to lower the jet skis from storage to the water.

They don't have to deploy that floating deck for guests to go swimming from, because they have a big enough deck at the water level in the back and part of one side.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, nokat said:

I was watching in disbelief. Okay, in her mind dry humping a co-worker where everyone can see is okay, and if anyone mentions it, they deserve abuse? She's awful.

She is horrible. If she worked in a regular setting she would be unemployable.

• Love 16
(edited)
4 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Which pretty much makes him a typical young man

He’s in his late 20s/early 30s who came aboard knowing he had a bad back, I don’t agree that Is typical behavior for someone in a physical profession with issues they know could jeopardize their employment.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

I've had a herniated disc that required surgery. (My MRI looked pretty similar, and the numbness, pain... all those.) That is 24/7 pain I wouldn't wish on - well, I was going to say my worst enemy, but let's say Jenna in this case. I feel terrible for Chris, though I agree with posters that he should have been more careful lifting. 

Hope he's gotten treatment and recovering. The other problem with this kind of injury is that the recurrence rate is high, too, so he'll need to be extra careful in future seasons.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, scrb said:

Really unfortunate the way he got hurt. Paget got hurt carrying that thing too.

That’s the thing. If I remember correctly that early model Seabob is about 35 Kg or about 77 lbs. It should be designated a 2 person lift. That (with bending at the knees) would have prevented any injury to either crew member. Chris will now have to live that life of “think before you lift” for the rest of his.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Okay, I’ve now watched the whole Jenna/Glen/Madison  thing play out. Jenna would be fired so quick in any other situation.  What a fucking delusional bitch.  
I actually think Glenn handled it fairly well.  He didn’t avoid the situation,  

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Rhetorica said:

I learned a long time ago that certain people just can't be shamed... I think that's true for Jenna and Adam.

Yup. Sociopathic people-they have no guilt/conscience. Jenna and Adam are truly bad humans. And the disrespect she showed Glen was dumbfounding. She really thinks she’s above the law and should be able to give Adam a BJ in the galley if she’s so inclined. Repulsive bitch. 

Major props to Madison & Georgia for handling Jenna’s bullying without kicking her in those big teeth. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

That’s the thing. If I remember correctly that early model Seabob is about 35 Kg or about 77 lbs. It should be designated a 2 person lift.

Always use the legs and don't lift with the back. It is easy to forget though. And also you can sling around things with no problem, but you bend over to pick up a small item, and whoops.

• Love 2

When Jenna was talking back to Captain Glenn, (and making tons of excuses for her poor job performance) I was fuming!!! I suddenly felt myself morph into Captain Lee. Then (even though we were on our last charter) I fired her... as quickly as ... (typical Captain Lee phrase coming) “whale shit moving through an ice flow” The look on her face would be priceless.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

My jaw dropped at Jenna's bald face lie to Glenn that she and Georgia never took a break at same time during the day, leaving only Madison on service with guests, cabins and laundry.  She said "it never happened."

Then Glenn pushed and said came to his attention that Jenna and Adam left duty together to go take a nap.  Jenna looked Glenn in the eye and said she couldn't remember.  She'd been too busy working her ass off to remember! 

She totally knowingly lied to her boss.Jenna has likely ended her yachting career.  And tho she'll blame it all on others (ie  Madison and Georgia and Glenn) she has ONLY her OWN crappy attitude and unacceptable behavior to thank.  Her Chief Stew career should be over!   She's whinibg and making excuses  on IG.  Too bad,  it's all on tape and the world has seen it 

I did pause tho, because from what Glenn said the "nap while supposedly in duty" apparently happened 2 days earlier.  So I was thinking WTF?  Glenn waited 2xdays before having his 'talk' with Jenna?  The timing didn't make sense to me.  Maybe I heard it wrong but I thought she said she couldn't remember 2 days back...

• Love 15
(edited)
22 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Here's the simple fact and what Glen should've stated:

If you have free hands to hug or hold hands then both hands aren't busy. That's what it is when you're in this industry. During working hours, both hands are busy and working.  Usually both feet too. Your personal time is when you're booked for it whether or not it coincides with your "boyfriend's" time off.

Say what you will about their relationship but I think Ciara and Pagett navigated romantic relationship and work relationship pretty well all season.

@Kdawg82: PERFECTION!!  Standing ovation for you!!  I think you should have this printed, framed and sent to the producers to hang on all the vessels in the Bravo universe!!

Edited by Maccagirl
corrected typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/18/2020 at 10:34 PM, 65mickey said:

Glenn told Jenna that this didn't comefrom Madison. In fact he said it didn't come from anyone in her dept. He also said that he had witnessed some of the PDA and something to the effect that there was probably more going on than what he saw. 

But he did say he asked  Madison about it. He should have left other crew members out of it. That’s management 101. He’s a wuss. 

At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter. Jenna will take it out on Madison because she can. She’s a terrible manager and a terrible person. 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 9:10 AM, nytonc said:

he did say he asked  Madison about it. He should have left other crew members out of it. That’s management 101. He’s a wuss. 

Yeah he isn’t a good manager. He was similarly bad with Parker. First he asked Paget and Ciera together what their issues we’re which is inappropriate because Ciera wasn’t his manager then when he spoke to Parker he made it sound like they had come to him to complain when he had approached them. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
On 5/18/2020 at 7:11 PM, snarts said:

So we can add bald face lying to the list of Jenna's attributes. Not to mention hypocrisy, chastising Madison for daring to question her authority while openly questioning Glenn's.

In what workplace,  professional or otherwise, is open PDA ever considered  appropriate? 

Jenna is the worst, she literally has no redeemable qualities & absolutely no self-awareness whatsoever.

BIG yes to everything you said.......but aren’t Jenna and Adam just made for each other.

• Love 5

I don't agree with Captain Glen's (lack of) management style. His crew walks all over him. That said, i still can't believe all the things Jenna said to him, her superior, the captain. 

• Love 18
On 5/20/2020 at 8:20 AM, Kdawg82 said:

If you have free hands to hug or hold hands then both hands aren't busy. That's what it is when you're in this industry. During working hours, both hands are busy and working.  Usually both feet too. Your personal time is when you're booked for it whether or not it coincides with your "boyfriend's" time off.

Say what you will about their relationship but I think Ciara and Pagett navigated romantic relationship and work relationship pretty well all season.

Or, like at my first part-time job in high school, when the assistant manager at McDonald's noticed me standing around after the Saturday morning breakfast rush was over, and said "if there's time to lean, there's time to clean!" and handed me a mop.

• Love 9
On 5/20/2020 at 10:20 AM, Kdawg82 said:

As they say in the restaurant industry, "if you have time to lean, you have time to clean."

And I agree that Ciara and Paget have remained professional, which may be why Georgia thinks they don't have a real romantic relationship - I guess if people aren't hanging all over each other they are "brother and sister."

• Love 5

Not sure if this sholud go here but when I turned on Bravo this morning and saw that they were running BDSY all day I turned it off. I will watch Below Deck and Below Deck Med. over an over but I just couldn't stomach watching this show. So happy that tonight is the last time that Jenna and Adam "grace" the TV on Monday night. I hope never ever to see these two again.

• Love 1

So I decided to tune in for a few episodes, despite ignoring the season as a whole after I watched the first 2 episodes and could not stand Jenna. I see she got even worse as the season progressed. That bish actually came for me on Twitter. Pffft. Incredibly unprofessional. I'd like to think she's drumming it up thinking she's making "good tv" but honestly, I think this is who she is. And to mate up with Adam. Yeesh. They are made for each other and that is not a compliment. If she behaved towards me, the way she was to her crew in this episode, I would have told her to go pound sand, but in a less eloquent way and using her favorite word. Please don't ever bring this bish back - she's worse than Adrienne from BD season 1.  Adrienne would have never participated in PDA, tho she was insufferable in a different way.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/20/2020 at 12:53 AM, 1Seattlekitten said:

She totally knowingly lied to her boss.Jenna has likely ended her yachting career.

1. I hope this is true.
  2. Does anyone know if she has another job?
  3. Does anyone know when the "TELL ALL" (aka Reunion) will be?

Edited by Kayz Opinion
A merge that just didn't work.
  • Love 1
On 5/18/2020 at 8:19 PM, nytonc said:

Glen telling Jenna that Madison said anything was completely wrong, especially when it was Ciara who brought it to his attention.. He made it sound like Madison went running to him complaining.

I either missed this scene...or saw a different episode.  Did Glen REALLY tell Jenna that Madison said anything?  Anything?

On 5/18/2020 at 8:36 PM, njbchlover said:

Madison should have shot back with "No, but you're screwing like rabbits in the Master Stateroom and expect 'your minions' to clean up after you."  

Hope that's Reunion fodder.

• Love 1
On 5/18/2020 at 10:36 PM, LaLaLaLa said:

Ciara, please shut up. Paget and Chris were dealing with far greater injuries and they weren't crying, whining, and pouting. Do your job, without crying, or leave the boat. She is awful. Maybe she needs to be interior because she obviously can't handle deck.

This isn't a fair assessment; I was hoping for more Ciara support here.  People in my area (Phoenix AZ) die of heatstroke every year.  It comes on abruptly...even to those accustomed to working in the sun/heat.  On the ocean, it's magnified.  I didn't see her crying and whining.  She said she felt ill.  Awful? Didn't get that at all. I am surprised that a pale redhead (as I am) even considers working on the ocean.  Skin Cancer here she comes!

• Love 7
(edited)

I thought the 2nd and 3rd  Stews were bitches.  And I thought Georgia was very good at stirring the pot. I wouldn't trust her at all.  Jenna was a little overboard in the kissing and stuff, but I think the other 2 were jealous, especially  georgia bc she had a thing for that guy.

I don't know what it is about the younger people, but they do not understand that when you give them directions you're not bullying or being mean. If it's your job to direct them they should be directed. And they shouldn't take offense.  Once I had a salesman tell me I didn't praise him enough. I told him his pay check was his praise.  

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 1

I thought jenna went overboard on the PDA, but I think those other 2 were just awful. I would never wanna work with Madison or Georgia. As far as Georgia goes, watch Out for your boyfriend.  Even knowing the guy and the girl work a committed couple, Georgia had to tell them both separately that she liked him. I would not appreciate that. It's like saying I'll be waiting in the wings if you break up. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

I don't know what it is about the younger people, but they do not understand that when you give them directions you're not bullying or being mean.

Jenna wasn’t giving directions which is what was the problem. By the third charter Jenna still wasn’t familiar enough with the laundry room to tell the washing machine from the dryer but wondering why her newbie 3rd stew didn’t have a system, that’s one of the main jobs of a chief stews to have systems in place for the boat, Jenna had none. She gave absolutely no guidance and her and Adam literally high-fived over Georgia crying on an earlier charter because Jenna gave her no guidance. 

Adam also yelled at Madison on a first charter for picking up a plate as Jenna had told her she liked to serve and than when Madison mentioned it to her and asked her not to go to Adam but just wanted to clarify how Jenna wanted service done, Jenna immediately ran to Adam and they both laughed and discussed how they were going to make her miserable. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

If it's your job to direct them they should be directed.

The only "direction" I noticed was criticism when they weren't doing things the way Jenna wanted them done...but she hadn't given specific enough directions/ instructions/guidance.  WHY isn't there a manual?   Maybe things will get cleared up on the reunion (Tell-All) show.

• Love 3
On 5/19/2020 at 1:11 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

I thought both Jenna and Chris were really out of line. The guest in question was not doing coke. He was half asleep the whole time. If he was coked up he would have been bouncing off the walls.

I can’t believe that they are going to search his bag. On national TV where they are accusing him of being a druggie with absolutely no evidence. I wonder if he can sue them.

I feel his pain. I am an addict.

I am addicted to Hostesses White Frosted Donettes and walk around with white powder under my nose. On my chin. All over my shirt.

If I were on the show they would have stripped searched me.

I thought he looked like he was drunk and on drugs.

1 hour ago, Kayz Opinion said:

The only "direction" I noticed was criticism when they weren't doing things the way Jenna wanted them done...but she hadn't given specific enough directions/ instructions/guidance.  WHY isn't there a manual?   Maybe things will get cleared up on the reunion (Tell-All) show.

As far as I know, they said that they had experience. If they have experience, they shouldn't have to be told every little thing. Maybe they didn't have enough experience or maybe they weren't doing things the way jenna wanted.

4 minutes ago, antfitz said:

maybe they weren't doing things the way jenna wanted.

Maybe I'm just a slob, but wet swifting the hallway next to the laundry/kitchen (crew-only area) TWICE A DAY seems pretty excessive to me. I mean if it looks dirty, sure, but it seems like Jenna was just bitching to be a bitch. 

• Love 3