Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: "Forever or Never"

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

I have never seen Michael as enthusiastic as he was to find a pudding cup in his lunch. 

That is actually disturbing on SO many levels.

I haven't yet made up my mind as to whether he is psychopathic, or if he is so far up his own ass he truly has no idea what a horrible human being he is, or if he just doesn't have two shits to give about anything other than his own instant gratification.

In any event, Meka (as much as I disliked her in the beginning) deserves better. I would still like to see how she reacts when being paired with a man who is as honest as she purports to be.  I have a feeling it would be like night and day,

Unfortunately, I fell asleep during the first half, so I will see the rest of it during Couple's Couch tonight...and I am actually excited about the new show based on Couple's Couch - although I can't remember the name of it.

Was it AJ and SAFSteff who are in couple's counseling? If so, I will still have hope for them because that could mean he is actually addressing his anger/or other stressor issues - couple's counseling does not necessarily mean the union is fractured in and of itself, but could just as easily mean one (or both) partners need some help with issues that have nothing to do with their spouse (i.e. previous trauma, psychosocial conditions that prompt one partner to react to external stimuli in a manner not easily understood by the other partner, {cameras in the face 24/7 to an introvert has a much different impact to an extrovert} etc.) and because in my totally biased opinion SAFSteff totally deserves happiness with her chosen partner. So, is it in production or just an idea?

My home-bound-overly-reactive-inquiring-little-gray-cells-want-to-know!

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, OnTime said:

So we know that the producers mess with us and edit to make the drama. How much do they script the show?

I wish someone from a past season would spill the tea.

Although I do wonder if they signed NDAs.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, OnTime said:

Austin is a network engineer not software sales.  Remember how Jessica said she made so much more money?

Right, that is why I said “with time”. He may not ever catch up with her and that alright but she’s also been in her career for a fairly good while and he’s just starting out. 

• Love 1

I do wonder how much vetting of employment is done on these people, because it shouldn't have been that difficult to determine whether or not Michael had a legitimate job when he was selected.  I haven't watched every season, but this is the first time I recall that an employment issue has been raised.

And I'm still waiting to hear about Ocho Rios......................................😐

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

The way Michael never looks at a person when talking to them makes me wonder if he has a slight case of Autism, or something like it. Even his mannerisms look like he has deeper issues, combined with being an assh*le too. 
I’m on the Katie-hater-train as well. She looked like a smug, spoiled little girl when she said, “We’ll see...” to Derek trying to get her yes or no to marriage answer from her. 
I laughed out loud when Austin said Jessica wanted them to go to bed at the same time 🤣 I think those of you who said she’s trying to replace her twin are right. 
Taylor, please get a new wig. That multicolored thing on your head is just too much. I did notice a short clip showing Brandon sitting next to her on next weeks show. If they do say yes to staying married, I would be shocked if it lasts more than 6 months. They both seem pretty flaky. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Most of these people have no idea what it is to actually be married & put your spouse first.

A-flipping-men! All you have to do is listen to the outlandish vows to know that some of these folks' hold on reality is tenuous, at best. Of everyone this season, I would say Austin is in the best place maturity-wise and emotionally.

Hold up.  Austin said Jessica makes them go to bed at the same time.  Hubby and I tried that when we were newlyweds.  It lasted approximately 3 nights lol. 
I think she’s a controller, that one. 

Not only a controller but an identical twin that thinks a spouse is a replacement for the identical twin relationship.  Very unrealistic to expect to do everything together and never be apart.  Jessica would say she isn't expecting that but her behavior and demands say she is looking for that which she lost when her twin took a mate.

It's a marriage, not something one partner designs according to their expectations. Let the guy go to bed when he wants! Austin has needs and beliefs separate from her. If she would open herself up to not being in control all the time, she might even learn about the concept of give-and-take. 

I admit I sometimes scroll passed the “production interference” posts because most of the time, I believe these people are truly as obnoxious in real life as they appear.  

I don’t like Jessica. I never liked Jessica.  This week I wanted to punch Nurse Ratched in the head. It was interesting to finally learn Austin’s reason for not saying the L word when she said it nor within her given time requirement. 

He gets to say it when he wants to, not when he is browbeaten into it. The last time he said it, his heart was broken, so he is understandably reluctant. If she truly *LOVED* him, she would want him to say it only when he is comfortable with it. I don't think she is really ready for marriage, frankly, and I definitely don't think she realizes that making marriage last is ultimately about cooperation and compromise. (Meanwhile, raise your hand if your marriage is in a very different place  right now than last month at this time! It's weird to have been married for 15 years now and find ourselves leaning on each other/supporting each other in entirely different ways.)

Finally, the whole turtle kidnapping is an allegory for Katie & Derek's relationship: trying to make something work when it just goes against nature (and common sense). Relationships between regular people and turtles don't work! It may even be illegal.

Edited by Mrs. Button
extra word
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19

I'm embarrassed to admit that, at 56, I've just learned that I'm not supposed to eat off the fondue fork! However, apparently my friend in her 60s that I used to have fondue with during a nearby German restaurant's Happy Hour was not aware of this either. It would have been different though if one of us had had a cold or something during one of those times. And it would definitely not happen now. We'd be sitting at separate tables with our own little pots of fondue!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Katie and her weird ideas what the lock promise can be - Derek...RUN AWAY!

Derek's Dad - gives darn good advice!  Last line: Can she accept you and you accept her?

Finally, Katie is greeted by her Dad at the restaurant: "hey little girl,,,"  Just no.  The family dynamic that made her what she is...exposed again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Lots of scales falling from many eyes tonight.

Now I'm thinking they should all split up.

I’ve been thinking that this whole time.  If not on decision day, but soon after.  Maybe Jessica and Austen for sure.  When Jess said the “ I love you”, that was it for him.  After that, he was very quiet.  This show is tricky.  Some couples are scripted for the drama, and some are for real as we have seen.  They are on the couples couch, still married.

• Love 4

I hope katie gets what she wants . I hope she marries someone who is an old dud who has no sense of humor and is a couch potato who never wants to do anything . My goodness what a raging bitch. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

I don't know.  If he was considered a "mama's boy" before, he found his mother/wife.  I think they will stay married, he'll say I love you.  I do feel like this is production getting involved.  

Do you recall other couples on this show saying I love you early?  I just wonder if it is like the Bachelor where they have tried not to get them to do this so there's more drama leading up to decision day?  

17 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I hope katie gets what she wants . I hope she marries someone who is an old dud who has no sense of humor and is a couch potato who never wants to do anything . My goodness what a raging bitch. 

Is that what she wants?  I think she wants the guy she can't tame.  Someone that gives her a rush.  Someone that will manhandle her.  Sounds like she gets off on someone being a manly man, putting her in her place.  Derek's not exciting enough for her.  He's too nice.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Hold up.  Austin said Jessica makes them go to bed at the same time.  Hubby and I tried that when we were newlyweds.  It lasted approximately 3 nights lol. 
I think she’s a controller, that one. 

What ???? Jessica is in LaLa Land.  Husbands have to watch the news and sports stats after WHATEVER.  Jessica is in LaLa Land.  She’s ridiculous.  He needs some “man time” to himself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Do you recall other couples on this show saying I love you early?  I just wonder if it is like the Bachelor where they have tried not to get them to do this so there's more drama leading up to decision day?  

If I recall Danielle had already said it to Bobby but they made it look like she hadn't told him until they were on the couch together on Decision Day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

It's too bad they couldn't have those moments to themselves, no pressure, & happening naturally. But this intrusiveness is what they signed up for. Hopefully it's all just contrived.

Whoa, what do you mean?  :shock:  What if he were to say I Love You OFF CAMERA!?  Oh no!!!!!!!!  The producers would have a stroke when they found out, and then I suppose have him RECREATE him saying it, you know, ~naturally~.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Just watched the last part of last nite.  When Katy was shoving the fondue in her mouth she said she didn’t know if he was “the one”.  Really?  Derek was kissing her ass as usual.  Didn’t he see enough of her ways, or is he that stupid?  She’s shitting all over him for weeks and he’s still enamored of her?  I just can’t with these two.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, princelina said:

1.  Maybe Michael has never had a girlfriend for long enough that the sister could see what an asshat he is in a relationship?

The way Michael never looks at a person when talking to them makes me wonder if he has a slight case of Autism, or something like it. Even his mannerisms look like he has deeper issues, combined with being an assh*le too

Either of these comments IMO hint at his issues. He may be closeted (and shamed/conflicted) or he is on the spectrum (asperger's perhaps - he doesn't seem to react; he doesn't seem to socially engage, read cues; he likes his kitchen a certain way)

important disclaimer: I don't think most people on the spectrum are liars tho! that's a separate issue of his.

Poor Meka thought she was actually going to get paired with someone the experts chose for their compatibility - Wondering if she ever saw the previous seasons?! - Michael took this "job" because he needed the money. It has nothing to do with you, Meka. Don't blame  yourself. You are enough (michael, not so much - get therapy)

Thought: Is Michael's sister really his sister, or a cousin that is close like a sister? He was talking about his mother, not their mother or mom. She certainly doesn't seem like she has issues. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

YAY! Greg and Deonna! I am a little surprised they are jumping back into the MAFS world, but I am super happy they are and I am not surprised at all that this was more appealing to them than something more intrusive. Yes, give them a camera and let them show us their lovely life (especially those double ovens) on their own terms. 😜

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, I think we need to be careful with the spectrum/aspergers/autism diagnoses.  Liars often won't look you in the eye, they fidget.  I see nothing that suggests he is anything but someone who lies to get out of situations and to make themselves look better.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Jessica May know her nursing, but she’s not too bright when it comes to relationships.  Should have let Austin say I love you first.  It’s too soon anyway.  STOP nagging him.  Be grateful he does the dishes or anything else.  Praise him about his job, gone two weeks is nothing.  He’s going up the ladder.  Stop whining about everything and shut up, or you will lose a good thing.  Nobody likes a nag.  Give him a reason to want to come home to.

I think they will stay together because Austin takes it without saying anything when she puts on her "I'm in charge here" hat. Personally, I see that as spineless but some may view it as laid back. Different strokes and all that. Growns ups go to work. They choose careers that fit their personalities and likes and ones that will furnish them with the lifestyle that they want. They dedicate themselves to doing well.

In Austin's case, his career requires a lot of travel because he may be low man or maybe because he chooses that because exposure to different systems, environments and network infrastructures provides you with an education that you'd never get out of a book or a class. I have been an IT professional for 30+ years and can attest to that. It was hard to have unexpected things come up, but I was very grateful that I had an understanding spouse that did not get pissy about it. But doing that early on, gives you flexibility later on to work more steady hours and have less travel. This is what Jessica should be thinking about, not pouting like a 14 year old that she can't spend every waking moment with him. 

I have not seen this week's full episode yet. I had to turn if off after Michael was a super dick and snatched the lunch without asking Meka which she liked. I can tell you exactly what would have happened if it was me and my husband. Neither of us like ham but there was other stuff on that sandwich. We would have taken both sandwiches out and had half a chicken sandwich and half the ham and cheese and whatever and took off the ham. Neither would have just thought "Oh, I want this" and just snatched it up. What a piggish thing to do. 

What I REALLY wonder, is what Austin's mom (remember, he's a mama's boy and his mom had a bit of a pissy face at the wedding) thinks of her and her controlling ways. Based on Jessica's attitude and controlling behavior during the season, I don't see a loving mother/daughter-in-law relationship forming there. I almost see a battle of the moms. Or not. Maybe it will work out fine for them and his mom will warm up to her. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, gladitsover said:

Thought: Is Michael's sister really his sister, or a cousin that is close like a sister? He was talking about his mother, not their mother or mom. She certainly doesn't seem like she has issues. 

I just had this exact conversation with my mom. We were trying to figure out a) if she is his sister or his "sister" and really his cousin because b) wasn't he adopted by his aunt? He always tries to pin his lying and nastiness on his abandonment and subsequent adoption, so I keep forgetting that he was taken in by his own loving family. He wasn't found in a toilet on prom night and dumped into the foster system. While of course his situation sucked and it has obviously been difficult for him to deal with the ramifications of not having his bio parents in his life, I can only have so much sympathy for him. His family seems to love and support him very much. He has spent a lot of his life using his adoption as an excuse for his shitty behavior, which isn't healthy at all.

• Love 14

Jess doesn’t talk to Austin, she talks at him.  If he was a fireman, cop or in Iraq, would she be mad?  Not everyone goes to bed together at the same time.  Some wives don’t see their husbands for days because of their jobs.  What is wrong with her?  She wants what she wants.  I’m glad he’s seeing that now.  They do not seem comfortable with each other.  I don’t know if it’s the camera or what.  If they stay together, they may not for the long haul.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Just watched the last part of last nite.  When Katy was shoving the fondue in her mouth she said she didn’t know if he was “the one”.  Really?  Derek was kissing her ass as usual.  Didn’t he see enough of her ways, or is he that stupid?  She’s shitting all over him for weeks and he’s still enamored of her?  I just can’t with these two.

These two are weird because she said that he "does nothing" , doesn't pay any attention to her and never makes her feel "special". What we see is Derek bending over backwards for her. So which is it? Does he kiss her ass or pay little attention to her? I think Katie really has issues. She needs to work on herself before making anyone else miserable. She doesn't have a clue about what she really wants. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

Meka should have left Michael and the two sandwiches right there and went home. Let him figure out how he was getting home with no car. Derek should have done the same with Katie. Left her right there with the turtle.

Katie's dad straight up told her she was crazy.  I'm inclined to believe Taylor about Brandon's erratic behavior.  The security cam footage of him being all over her and fondling her butt, shows that all his tantrums were just him being extra.  Someone posted a quote on Reddit where he was whining about the type of food he was given before the wedding and basically refusing to eat it.

Jessica is turning something that is a non issue into one. He has to travel for work. She's complaining about nothing.  I'm glad Austin shut her down. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I'm embarrassed to admit that, at 56, I've just learned that I'm not supposed to eat off the fondue fork! However, apparently my friend in her 60s that I used to have fondue with during a nearby German restaurant's Happy Hour was not aware of this either. It would have been different though if one of us had had a cold or something during one of those times. And it would definitely not happen now. We'd be sitting at separate tables with our own little pots of fondue!

Haha I have always thought that how polite you are when eating fondue depends upon your dining companions - when I went with a group I would use the plate and fork; with a close friend or husband we double dip together.  Since Derek and Katie are one of the couples who ARE having sex, I don't see anything wrong with how they ate it.

12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

These two are weird because she said that he "does nothing" , doesn't pay any attention to her and never makes her feel "special". What we see is Derek bending over backwards for her. So which is it? Does he kiss her ass or pay little attention to her? I think Katie really has issues. She needs to work on herself before making anyone else miserable. She doesn't have a clue about what she really wants. 

On Jamie O's show before this episode, she was playing the "he acts different when the cameras aren't around" card, but I'm not sure that I believe her.  She did say something funny when Jamie brought up the Derek and Taylor/Taylor thinks he's great biz, and Katie said something like, "I know she thinks he great - he is compared to who she got!" 😄 😄 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

That was super weird with them crawling all over each other and maybe even making out? I am so very confused by those two. If he hates her so much, has no respect for her, and doesn't even want to be friends with her, why would she even let him in the door, let alone get all up on him like that? There is so much more going on there that they have not shown us. This is why we do not need five couples. We don't have the time to get the full story on any of them, so we just get confusing little bits and pieces.

Yes.  The entire saga of Brandon and Taylor seems to me to be a patched up version of who knows what really happened.  Seems to me that whatever happened on the honeymoon between Brandon, Taylor, and the production team provoked Brandon into trying to quit the show...followed by Taylor’s desperate attempts to stay on the show sans partner. Also, it seems Mindy and Meka tried to quit too.  One imagines Brandon went ballistic went he saw the security camera footage used on the show. Maybe this was what he was actually mad about on the  retreat and the rest was just bogus.  Explains why he carried his phone everywhere and wanted to film Taylor when she followed him into the bathroom.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

YAY! Greg and Deonna! I am a little surprised they are jumping back into the MAFS world, but I am super happy they are and I am not surprised at all that this was more appealing to them than something more intrusive. Yes, give them a camera and let them show us their lovely life (especially those double ovens) on their own terms. 😜

Let's hope the audio is better on this show than on Couple's Couch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hoping Tay and Bray had sex because they felt the “fire” not because Tay was manipulating him to participate in filming segments so she gets more camera time on a future episode....non coerced consensual sex...it’s all good..

• Love 1

Maybe Brandon will fill us in since he's obviously disgusted by production (unless that has been an elaborate act to keep or increase viewership).

But would anyone really believe his spin on anything? I'd take anything he said with a huge grain of salt.

I just had this exact conversation with my mom. We were trying to figure out a) if she is his sister or his "sister" and really his cousin because b) wasn't he adopted by his aunt? He always tries to pin his lying and nastiness on his abandonment and subsequent adoption, so I keep forgetting that he was taken in by his own loving family. He wasn't found in a toilet on prom night and dumped into the foster system. While of course his situation sucked and it has obviously been difficult for him to deal with the ramifications of not having his bio parents in his life, I can only have so much sympathy for him. His family seems to love and support him very much. He has spent a lot of his life using his adoption as an excuse for his shitty behavior, which isn't healthy at all.

That's kind of the point, though - that Michael isn't healthy. He's a mess. I don't think that his adoption is an "excuse" as much as it may be an explanation for some of his behavior and personality traits. Yes, Michael had a better landing than a lot of kids who enter foster care (though I can never remember if it was an aunt or grandma or exactly who adopted him). That doesn't mean that he didn't experience trauma and doesn't mean that he avoided feelings of abandonment, inadequacy and lack of trust. He needs a lot of work with a very skilled therapist to even start being ok. 

• Love 6

Jessica is in a state of limerence and wants to do everything with Austin 100% of the time. That will pass. She is just looking for validation of her feelings for him. When she says that she is upset he has to travel for work, all he has to do is say something like “ Oooh...that’s so cute..I’m flattered you’ll miss me and I’ll miss you too. We will make the most of the time we have together and who knows what the future will bring”. She is not asking him to leave his job, she is not saying his job is not important, she is just in the limerence zone. They are both very young and still rather immature so a very simple situation is getting out of hand. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Maybe that's what Katie wants...a charismatic man who will divorce her when the kids are little to a new woman who dives deep into her wine goblet....

Wonder what the allure of Derek's stepmom to Derek's Dad?

Thinking it was boatloads of money because she has the sourest resting bitch face at the reception to grace the MAFS screen....

That was the lady married to Zach's dad, not Derek's dad.

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
39 minutes ago, luckylou said:

Yes.  The entire saga of Brandon and Taylor seems to me to be a patched up version of who knows what really happened.  Seems to me that whatever happened on the honeymoon between Brandon, Taylor, and the production team provoked Brandon into trying to quit the show...followed by Taylor’s desperate attempts to stay on the show sans partner. Also, it seems Mindy and Meka tried to quit too.  One imagines Brandon went ballistic went he saw the security camera footage used on the show. Maybe this was what he was actually mad about on the  retreat and the rest was just bogus.  Explains why he carried his phone everywhere and wanted to film Taylor when she followed him into the bathroom.

25 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Hoping Tay and Bray had sex because they felt the “fire” not because Tay was manipulating him to participate in filming segments so she gets more camera time on a future episode....non coerced consensual sex...it’s all good..

From what was shown last episode, I find it hard to believe that Brandon wants anything to do with Taylor on or off camera.

She can say whatever she wants about him really wanting to make it work with her. He had been disappointed the minute he saw her walking down the aisle and probably be happy never to see her again. 
I think that she is so used to people thinking she is hot that she can’t wrap her mind around him not wanting her.

She probably does not want him either at this point but does not want to miss her chance at reality tv fame.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Yeah, I think we need to be careful with the spectrum/aspergers/autism diagnoses.  Liars often won't look you in the eye, they fidget.  I see nothing that suggests he is anything but someone who lies to get out of situations and to make themselves look better.

I wasn’t diagnosing him, I just said his mannerisms seem like maybe that could be a part of why he does certain things. Then again, it might not be. My niece does have Autism, and while she is much younger than he is, and NOT a liar, she tends to fidget when in an uncomfortable situation a lot like he does and she also withdraws herself when things are awkward to her. That’s the only reason why the thought came to me. 😊

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Little said:

I wasn’t diagnosing him, I just said his mannerisms seem like maybe that could be a part of why he does certain things. Then again, it might not be. My niece does have Autism, and while she is much younger than he is, and NOT a liar, she tends to fidget when in an uncomfortable situation a lot like he does and she also withdraws herself when things are awkward to her. That’s the only reason why the thought came to me. 😊

I get it, but it just seems it's pretty frequent on this board where people comment if someone is off, does something awkward or someone fucked up like Michael, people start saying someone is "on the spectrum"!

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That's kind of the point, though - that Michael isn't healthy. He's a mess. I don't think that his adoption is an "excuse" as much as it may be an explanation for some of his behavior and personality traits. Yes, Michael had a better landing than a lot of kids who enter foster care (though I can never remember if it was an aunt or grandma or exactly who adopted him). That doesn't mean that he didn't experience trauma and doesn't mean that he avoided feelings of abandonment, inadequacy and lack of trust. He needs a lot of work with a very skilled therapist to even start being ok. 

I agree 100% - he absolutely very clearly experienced a lot of trauma in his formative years. It is definitely the reason he lies and tries to cover up what's really going on so that he doesn't get punished or embarrassed. I totally get that. However, when he tosses it out as an excuse every time he acts like an asshole, that's where I take issue. Meka even said that he would be a dick and then say "well, I'm adopted" as his reason for his behavior without getting into the deeper issues. When he admitted that he was bullied as a kid because of his adoption, she looked like a light bulb went off and she was very grateful to him for explaining it deeper.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Stella Rose said:

I hope Derek and Katie's dads become best pals after this. 

They both seem like great, sensible, cool guys.

Katie just makes me see red all the time now.  Every look, every word, every grimace, every turtle puss face she pulls.    Ugh.  She is repulsive and a prime example of how jealousy can eat you alive.   

^This! In the first episode or so, I thought well, she’s not a classic beauty but she’s cute. Now having seen her personality I find her repulsive.  And when she speaks and spews out “like” every other word like a middle school kid my ears start to bleed. Derek deserves so much better.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Jessica is in a state of limerence and wants to do everything with Austin 100% of the time. That will pass. She is just looking for validation of her feelings for him. When she says that she is upset he has to travel for work, all he has to do is say something like “ Oooh...that’s so cute..I’m flattered you’ll miss me and I’ll miss you too. We will make the most of the time we have together and who knows what the future will bring”. She is not asking him to leave his job, she is not saying his job is not important, she is just in the limerence zone. They are both very young and still rather immature so a very simple situation is getting out of hand. 

I  love learning new words; had never heard/ seen the  word limerence before.

I agree 💯%  with your post. I felt like I was a lone dissenter because I was more annoyed with Austin than Jessica. Make no mistake, though, I am squarely on team Austin as Jessica is too bossy towards her husband. Austin revealing that she insists they turn in at the same time confirmed her controlling ways and his complaint that she can't get her way all of the time.

HOWEVER,  SHOWFAN is on to something. Last night I felt that Jess was belaboring the point about the frequency of travel BECAUSE Austin was not validating her feelings. She was sad about it. Austin got defensive and a bit pissy, imo. I felt that Jess just wanted him to say he would miss her a lot too and he understood she was sad. And that they'd work it out. She never said anything negative about his job itself.  AS SHOWFAN wisely surmised, she needed affirmation from him...that he cared for her and would miss her. She's feeling a bit on shaky ground b/c he has never said he loved her.

Again, Team Austin. Jess needs to leave her boss hat at work, be a bit more flexible and less demanding. But last night I agreed with her. Being away 2/4 weeks monthly is tough.  She just needed to be heard by Austin, which imo he wasn't doing. Jmho

• Love 15

I have to admit that I FF through Michaels scenes as well as Katie this episode knowing I’d catch couples couch.  But what did I miss in order for  Japhte to say Michael is a nice guy and either he or his wife said they didn’t blame a Brandon  for leaving.  do they see the whole show or is it condensed I wonder.  How anyone could come away from viewing and say Michael is a nice guy and she doesn’t bring anything..  

8 hours ago, Little said:

The way Michael never looks at a person when talking to them makes me wonder if he has a slight case of Autism, or something like it. Even his mannerisms look like he has deeper issues, combined with being an assh*le too. 

, Michael's mannerisms with his fingers and the way he doesn't make eye contact reminds me of the autistic brother in Claws.

• Love 3

Michael is very deliberate in his actions. He very purposefully ignores Meka’s questions and comments.  He is “punishing” her for however he feels she wronged him that day.  Then when she goes off on him, he sits there saying nothing and looking somewhat innocent. It’s gaslighting in its most simple form. 

Katie is very critical of others. Not just Derek. Remember how scathing she was towards her mother? Nothing wears a relationship faster than constant criticism and belittling.  She has serious issues and rather than be a mental health professional (with a bachelors degree so take that with a grain of salt), she needs to start visiting one regularly.

Jessica is controlling like Branden, but in a much more socially acceptable way. Branden has some scary tendencies towards control and revenge. This whole cast needs therapy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I have to admit that I FF through Michaels scenes as well as Katie this episode knowing I’d catch couples couch.  But what did I miss in order for  Japhte to say Michael is a nice guy and either he or his wife said they didn’t blame a Brandon  for leaving.  do they see the whole show or is it condensed I wonder.  How anyone could come away from viewing and say Michael is a nice guy and she doesn’t bring anything..  

You didn't miss anything. Some people don't think he's a bad person. Just a person who needs therapy. She has walls up for a reason but it's not hard to see that should be a difficult person to talk to at times.

And if you listened to Jephte, it's not like he was endorsing Michael. He had even retracted just stating he's a good guy. I think he can just see that he has issues.

Some don't blame Brandon for leaving because they see Taylor for clout chasing/fame chaser that she is. It doesn't mean he's not a shithead.

• Love 6

Some of the characters are quite superficial about what they were hoping to find in a spouse the MAFS.  Here, 10 people decided a cable TV show could find the person who fulfilled their fantasies, something they themselves had not accomplished by a deadline they set for themselves.

A lot of these characters wanted a spouse who was a pet, someone who would say what they want to hear, do what they done when they want it done, in the manner they want, on the schedule upon which they have decided.  ☹️

• Love 7
On 4/8/2020 at 9:09 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Whew, so that’s where Meka gets that voice. 

Yes! I've always thought Meka & her mom have a Nikki Minage thing going on. I watched a show about how NM came to be where she is and her & her mother have identical voices & they actually sound like Meka & her mom a bit.

• Love 3