Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Fight or Flight?

• Start Topic

Recap of next week's preview  (or what fresh hell is this?):

Pastor Cal voice over: "Next time on Married at First Sight..."

Clip of Katie and Derek throwing rocks (?) into the pond at the retreat house. 

Taylor, taking her suitcase out of the house. Jessica and Austin in the kitchen. Katie and Derek horsing around on the dock at the pond. 

Pastor Cal: "As they enter their final week before Decision Day..."

Michael and Meka picking apples. 

Pastor Cal: "...our couples will have one last chance to check in with friends and family to help them make the most important decision of their lives."

Clips of Taylor and her friend walking down the street; Katie hugging her dad at a restaurant; Derek hugging his stepmom and dad at a restaurant; Jessica sitting down with her sister at an outside table; Austin sitting down with a friend (?) at a balcony table; Meka sitting down on a couch with her mom; Michael hugging his aunt at a fast food restaurant (?).

Taylor: "He said he was not coming back to film."  Friend 1: "He's such a child." Friend 2: "He is a child." Friend 1 in ITM: "Taylor deserves better."

Katie's Dad: "Some guys take a little bit longer to mature." Katie: "He's a boy, Dad." Dad in ITM: "I just would hate for her to give up 'cause I think there's a lot there."

(Now we get a repeat of the scene of Jessica and Austin having dinner and discussing traveling for work. I see you, show. Desperately trying to manufacture some type of drama where there is none).

Clip of Jessica, packing up to go spend the night elsewhere before Decision Day. (Again, I get the feeling that the show is trying to misdirect us and think that Jessica is moving out).

Cut to Katie and Derek at picnic table, drinking wine. Katie: "Do you think I'm going to say 'yes'  on Decision Day?" Derek: "I'm hoping you will." Cut to Katie: "I guess you'll find out." 

Meka and Michael at a restaurant. Michael: "I've always wanted for us to be together. You are important to me." Meka has a slight smile on her face.

Taylor, in bed by herself, twiddling her fingers. T, sitting on couch, in ITM: "In the deep-down bottom of my heart..."

"...I do believe that Brandon really cares about me." Overhead security cam shows Brandon and Taylor sitting on couch in apartment; they wrap their arms around each other.

• Love 9

Production is clearly setting Brandon up and he is falling right into the trap...when he was uncomfortable and they knew he would be, they could have followed Taylor or whatever, but instead they kept at Brandon.  While he is no prize, his reactions are like that of a wounded child...given his background, I‘d say that’s about what I would have expected from someone who actually had a very real trauma in childhood.  
this is pure guesswork, but it seems to me Brandon rather quickly found out that Taylor was not in this genuinely and wasn’t really even going to try to make it look like she was...going out all the time, saying she’s single, continuing to post on social media and trying to garner a larger following while this experiment plays out, etc.  I think he may have genuinely felt that this wouldn’t work from the minute they actually spoke and he started reacting badly, but I do think we haven’t seen everything here and that Miss Taylor probably has done a good bit of leaving him for her friends.  Probably posting things on social media that he has said he didn’t want there.  (We here in our house speculated that he was upset when he woke up with a camera in his face because he or more likely his friends had seen her social media presence and he had already said he didn’t want to be a part of it...remember there was a few day gap between wedding and honeymoon that we did not see any part of which would have been ample time for thiNgs like this to have started to play out) Going out and staying out all night was a no no for husbands other seasons, it should be for Taylor as well.  This is not the first time he has brought that up.

Now, his behavior in response to these things is a money maker so to speak for reality tv so he is going to be set up time and again and pushed and provoked because he reacts poorly.  Makes him look worse than he is...but we shouldn’t hold Taylor to less of a standard in regards to her behaviors because his are poor.

Katie...GROW UP!!  If he’s not for you admit it and walk away, but stop acting like a petulant child who got, the red bike when she really wanted the hot pink one with purple streamers on the handles.  It is unbecoming to an adult to act the way you are...and honestly, if I walked into a counseling session for my child and saw you after the way you have behaved on this show...I would WALK OUT! You have done yourself no favors here!

Derek...good luck with that dude....seriously

Meka...he’s no good...he needs help...you cannot fix him....you need to calmly pack up and move on..girl, I said CALMLY.  I truly think she is not getting the best edit here at times....and living with this mess has to be making her edgier and more prone to frustration...walking away calmly preserves her dignity and doesn’t feed into his manipulative crap.  Meka, you can do this in a way that leaves you above the fray...get on with it.

Michael.....get your ass to some good therapy..NOW

Zach...go away....yuck

Mindy...best wishes!!!  Be happy and I hope you find love someday.

Jessica and Austin...probably the only real match that the “experts” or the algorithm or whatever thought had half a chance...be happy, don’t sweat the small stuff, figure out the bigger stuff, laugh a lot, smile when you see each other...remember to kiss hello and goodbye always...and never take one moment of happiness for granted...you could have ended up with any of these other drecks.......

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

>>SHOULDBEDANCING SAID:

I couldn’t understand the whole thing with Michael hanging with Brandon at the festival and production trying to park and Jessica and Meka grilling him and it’s too uncomfortable to watch again.

MEOWWWW:
I still say what festival.  Michael was supposed to be at a funeral home.  I feel like I missed something.  

Michael works as a rep for a liquor company.  He said early on this episode that he to work the "next day"...I assume Saturday or whatever day it was when he left in the Production van.  He was going to a Festival to rep his liquor.

I have no idea way production didn't just drop him off instead of trying to park, nor whether Michael really had time to arrange for the flowers he said he needed to get done.  Seems perhaps the Brandon drama (at the house and in DC) DID cut into Michael's time but non-confrontational Michael wouldn't admit that when asked.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

Not pulled out of the air.  And he started mistreating her from the first night.  Many people felt that there was a type of aggression in the cake incident at the wedding. I know it had impressed lot of people that something was just strange and how Brandon behaved for someone who "had hit the jackpot" in getting a model like mate. 

Eta: Note, thanks @Kira53 for the information about Brandon's dating habits in the recruitment episodes.

After Taylor made that Instagram video about her being a single women and Brandon moved out, he had a talk on camera with Michael...and told us that he had learned Taylor had been up for several different reality shows.  She just missed being on one, I think Naked and Unafraid, and so she signed on for this one.  He hates that this is a game for her, when he was being serous.  Imo, he has been "out" practically from the reception onwards due to this.

In this episode, in one of his semi-tirades, he refers to Taylor's and his marriage as a charade.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Regarding the "upcoming" scene with Jessica and Austin talking about his work and trips out of town...I wonder if that discussion was early early on in the season when all the couples had a special dinner (individually) ...either just after they got back from the honeymoon or on the honeymoon.  I think someone had sliders, just to place it. I say this because Austin's outfit and camera angles look familiar.  Could be wrong ofc.

If true, this is really disjointed editing.  For one thing they've held it over our heads for a while now, and they are going to put it in just before Decision Day so we see some "concern" and trouble for the couple prior to the Decision.....even though this was disclosed weeks ago in their mind.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

It is interesting how these people drink, but do not understand how alcohol affects their behavior, the behavior of others or how one interprets someone else' behavior.

It was good to see the Tito's product proudly displayed, when Brandon & "Black Power" Michael were serving themselves.   All of S2, Jaclyn tried to get the product on camera, but production would have none of it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I had been so hoping that Katie would’ve been eaten by a bear.  It’s as if she’s not going to be happy until she makes him as miserable as she is.  In lieu of an available bear, maybe she can start dating DMX or someone like him.  What an obnoxious idiot. I actually felt sorry for her parents.  The other wives had a lot of nerve getting along with Derek and heaven forbid, appreciating his good natured way.  With all the things he’s done for her, I don’t understand her claim that he takes no initiative.  Re sex, he mentioned being shut down and as someone said above, I don’t imagine it was pretty.  

Taylor just doesn’t get it.  She wants Brandon to communicate with her about the problems that she keeps creating while playing stupid and blameless.  He’s ridiculous as well and his treatment of the production people is inexcusable. I hope he has a better rapport with the people he works for because he comes off as a total ass.  

Michael isn’t ready for this, definitely needs help but I gave him a few points for not being a disrespectful pig to production.  He made an excuse to leave and left without drama.  Meka is exhausting.  I understand her frustration but her delivery is wasted on any human being who doesn’t want to be subjected to the rapidfire analysis of her opinions.  Every conversation with her has that hang onto your ass feeling  I hope things work out better for her next time.  

I’ve never been a fan of Jessica but since she left the passive aggressive routine at home and has only brought up her L word requirement once, that couple was a joy to watch.  Good on them.  

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Kareem said:

I had been so hoping that Katie would’ve been eaten by a bear.  It’s as if she’s not going to be happy until she makes him as miserable as she is.  In lieu of an available bear, maybe she can start dating DMX or someone like him.  What an obnoxious idiot. I actually felt sorry for her parents. 

In a previous episode Katie said she wanted Derek to manhandle her. In this episode we found out she’s told Derek she wants him to confront her and call her a bitch. And then she said they get along better after they’ve argued. So, yeah. I think you’re right. She prefers drama and dysfunction over a healthy relationship. The thing is, Derek isn’t that guy.

I missed Mindy in the episode. Not Zach in any respect but I bet if it’d just been Mindy, Jessica, Austin, Derek, Meka and Zach’s and Katie’s dogs hanging out at the house everybody would have enjoyed themselves. Oh, and Tyson. He deserves a weekend away as much as the other pups. 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
40 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Taylor just doesn’t get it.  She wants Brandon to communicate with her about the problems that she keeps creating while playing stupid and blameless.  He’s ridiculous as well and his treatment of the production people is inexcusable. I hope he has a better rapport with the people he works for because he comes off as a total ass.  

Agreed. I think they're both different kinds of assholes, to be honest. I was completely with Brandon when he said Taylor still acts like she's single. She does. I wouldn't be cool with my husband hanging out all night and crashing with people I didn't know either. When she said he was the reason she went out, I was like "Come on." 

But all of Brandon's drama was ridiculous. The way he behaved with production was so childish and stupid. Like, dude, this is a reality show. If you are that private, you should have stayed your ass at home. I wouldn't want to be on reality TV either, which is why I haven't submitted any applications to be on reality TV. Even if he was recruited, he could have backed out of the process at any time. And if you find yourself really hating it, you just have to grit your teeth and act like a decent human being for 8 weeks. Aren't you supposed to ignore production anyway, except when you're being interviewed?

I do find the breaking of the 4th wall interesting though. I don't think I've ever seen this much acknowledging that they're on television. With AJ getting snippy with one producer, I don't think we saw that producer's face. This episode there were at least three production people on camera speaking, and there were lots of references to production - "did production drive you," "we'll give the leftovers to production," etc.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, princelina said:

Go Austin and Jessica!  And show - you should have picked something more believable to make their fight about - no one believes she might dump a guy she's in love with because he has to travel for work.  Sheesh.

I think (hope) it was producer driven too but if he travels sometimes 10 days a month, I would think that information would have been discussed at the very beginning when they were talking about their jobs off camera. But again, it was very likely totally producer driven. 

7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

IBrandon had her number as far as being here more for the cameras than anything else early on and never got over it. So, he uses any excuse to dip because mentally he's been out since the honeymoon.

I totally agree with him having her number and being thoroughly disgusted with it but wonder if he somehow recognized her when he saw her coming down the aisle and knew she was a Instagram girl. If they both sell booze and such, it's not impossible I guess that their paths could have crossed online before. I say that because even though I agree that he knows who she really is and is checked out, he was distant and weird with her right after the wedding presumably before he was aware of this. So something is missing. I go back to the rumor (?) that Taylor was a last minute replacement for someone who bailed out of the show and Brandon knew right away that she was not the person he was told about before the wedding. It's hard to understand everything that went on there but Brandon has clearly been disgusted with Taylor the entire season. He doesn't strike me as an angry, nasty human being like Michael does. His anger seems targeted directly at Taylor. When there were FB posts a while back from his friends saying the real story will eventually come out, that made me really wonder if there is some backstory there. We'll have to see.

7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Eh. I wouldn't under any circumstances want to be with Meka looks or personality wise. I'm sure he'll be fine. Zero excuse to be a whole ass though.

I think Meka is a very high strung person that likely reacts in an extreme way to anything she does not agree with. That being said, she was thrown for a total loop when he made the demand on the plane off camera and then lied on camera. She was exasperated and wondering "who the eff is this person?" as the lies-- big and small-- continued. I could feel why she was reacting that way even though I can't relate to it. What I do not understand is why she is being a miniature version of Mindy and talking about maybe working it out. It's as though she ordered an very expensive item (expensive in human terms since it's a husband), received something that was absolutely broken but decided to keep anyway and become enraged every time she tries to use it and it does not work. 

It just seems like laziness on the part of these people, Mindy and Meka especially. I mean, I've said this before, when you meet someone that you like, those first months of enjoying getting to know them are amazing. Look at most of these couples after six weeks. This is the best time they will ever have and it's rife with fights and demands and drama. They are not going to "work through" any of this show and then get on the lovestruck train. That has long past. 

Watching Austin and Jessica-- despite her somewhat hard personality-- has definitely been a breath of fresh air this season. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
57 minutes ago, Kareem said:

I had been so hoping that Katie would’ve been eaten by a bear.  It’s as if she’s not going to be happy until she makes him as miserable as she is.  In lieu of an available bear, maybe she can start dating DMX or someone like him.  What an obnoxious idiot. I actually felt sorry for her parents.  The other wives had a lot of nerve getting along with Derek and heaven forbid, appreciating his good natured way.  With all the things he’s done for her, I don’t understand her claim that he takes no initiative.  Re sex, he mentioned being shut down and as someone said above, I don’t imagine it was pretty.  

I have feeling that her parents may have helped create that See You Next Tuesday of a daughter. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

. I don't think Taylor's a huge prize, but at least she tries, and she seems kind of fun.

she tries?  staying out all night with her friends? nope, especially since she has done this before and he was rightfully annoyed about it.  she is not what she is trying to portray

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

It just seems like laziness on the part of these people, Mindy and Meka especially.

wait...….Mindy is lazy? really?  not seeing that at all

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Medsed said:

Katie...GROW UP!!  If he’s not for you admit it and walk away, but stop acting like a petulant child who got, the red bike when she really wanted the hot pink one with purple streamers on the handles.  It is unbecoming to an adult to act the way you are...and honestly, if I walked into a counseling session for my child and saw you after the way you have behaved on this show...I would WALK OUT! You have done yourself no favors here.

I was thinking the same thing about Katie. I don't see how she can maintain her career (if she truly is a "mental health professional") after the world has seen the sh!t show that is Katie. If she worked for me as a therapist, I'd fire her immediately. There is no way she is capable of helping others...in fact, she'd probably do more damage. At this point, she has lost all credibility in the mental health field.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I don't think people represent their race...just themselves. There have been white men who were horrible specimens on the show but it doesn't reflect on the white race.

Brandon is irredeemable but then Taylor isn't much better. If they met apart from this show who knows? But the pressure of this show is clearly too much for Brandon and evidently too much for their marriage I suspect.

I wonder if Katie had any idea just how pouty her face was. A very unattractive look. However only a blind man wouldn't know he was stoking the flames of jealousy. At some point he should have asked to change seats with Taylor. Yeah he was being himself...but was it intentional? 

She fools herself when she says he needs to 'win her over' she wouldn't be a green pea like that if she didn't want him badly. She's the one who needs to win over. They both should really. I wouldn't be surprised though if he bails.

It is nice to see Austin and Jessica. I can't imagine them parting ways. I bet they are together and coping with the virus like the rest of us and happy to have each other.

During their altercation I really thought Brandon was about to become physically abusive towards Taylor. She's a mess a well, but he is just pure trash. I think Derek felt comfortable with Taylor hence his behavior.  I don't think he was intentionally trying to make Katie jealous.  Even Taylor tried to reassure her by telling her she was lucky to have him as a husband.  If anyone should've been jealous it should be Taylor and Meka who were saddled with gaslighting, toddlers.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

I have feeling that her parents may have helped create that See You Next Tuesday of a daughter. 

Probably so. Yet her mom didn’t agree with her and next week her dad doesn’t agree with her so even they can see she’s a twisted PITA. The show drives it home even more so. As a mom, I was embarrassed for them.  

• Love 10
8 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

These two are totally camera conscious. Every move is orchestrated. Even there scene in the bathroom didn't feel staged...just managed. Phony is the word that describes them best.

I didn't care too much for production to intervene like they did. They are supposed to be document the action, record it as they can. On the other hand Brandon's behavior was grade school. Grow up man.

I think production intervened because of safety issues.  They probably feared that he would become violent with her. Let's remember he tried to goad production into a physical altercation, which is when Taylor tried to defuse the situation. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, spunky said:

I think production intervened because of safety issues.  They probably feared that he would become violent with her. Let's remember he tried to goad production into a physical altercation, which is when Taylor tried to defuse the situation. 

Did they intervene for safety issues or because they weren’t able to film content? I was actually happy that Brandon was smart enough to turn his camera on to record what happened. I felt like Taylor was told to go after him and try to talk him down. She had nothing substantive to say.

If the roles were reversed between them (with Brandon barring the bathroom door) and Katie and Derek (if he was constantly calling her names) there’d be an uproar. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Brandon is still pissed that they married him to a black women.  He never wanted her.  That whole thing with the cake was a good indication of how upset he really was.  He was very disappointed at the altar and Taylor could never have been good enough for him because he wasn't interested in dating, to say nothing of marrying a black woman. He probably felt that the show betrayed him because he made his interests clear and he assumed that they would marry him to the type of woman he preferred to date.  Brandon feels that he's entitled to Taylor worshiping him and he should not have to do anything to create a good atmosphere. But his level of rejection of Taylor really doesn't match what she's probably dealt with in the past as well so it's just a match made in hell.  

I finally saw the turtle in Katie.  Katie knows she looked like an unappreciative asshole.

Hmmm .. interesting.  You may be right about Brandon.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

Did they intervene for safety issues or because they weren’t able to film content? I was actually happy that Brandon was smart enough to turn his camera on to record what happened. I felt like Taylor was told to go after him and try to talk him down. She had nothing substantive to say.

If the roles were reversed between them (with Brandon barring the bathroom door) and Katie and Derek (if he was constantly calling her names) there’d be an uproar. 

It could be because they couldn't get content. It just seemed that they just wanted him as far away from Taylor and themselves as possible. 

15 minutes ago, cinsays said:

wait...….Mindy is lazy? really?  not seeing that at all

What I mean by lazy is that instead of walking away from someone who treated her like shit, she stuck around and accepted the crumbs and kept putting on a puppy face and saying "this could work, I feel good about it now," because he was a warm body and that was something she was apparently unable to find before the show. Walking away means going back to square one and having to start all over. My opinion is that Stephanie from last season kept AJ for the same reason. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Hey Katie!  Remember your one month anniversary when Derek did all of that romantic stuff for you and you did diddly squat for him?  Yup, you really are putting in all of the work.   

But he does nothing. NOTHING! She does it all! He doesn't even initiate sex! Not only has he done it all, he added her to his insurance plan without thinking twice about it. Awful immature nerd, huh?  So tell us, Katie, what exactly did you do? When they went on their anniversary date did she even get him any gift? I remember he did a lot for that special evening. 

Run, Derek. Go find yourself a cutie that likes to have fun and likes you just the way you are. I'm sure there are plenty of adorable girls in their 20's who would love this guy. I still don't understand why he is on this show. Sure he has a little growing up to do but he's only 26. 26!! 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 23
8 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I think it was that Brandon was working at a festival because he's a beer ambassador. It was pretty vague about the funeral and why Michael had to leave the retreat to purchase flowers for his uncle. I don't know, I always thought most people just called up the florist and said this is my budget, how many red roses or whatever it is can I get for my budget.  The florist can show you on the Internet pretty much what it's gonna look like and that's that. He was just very Squirrely, because if I had to make actual burial arrangements for a dead relative and I only had an hour and a half I'd be pissed as hell that I traveled all that way and didn't get to do what I came to do. And I wouldn't nonchalantly return for a dinner that I wasn't really going to participate in. Anyway we all know that Michael is a liar even when he doesn't have to lie so I think it's all quite dubious about uncle's funeral.

Not pulled out of the air.  And he started mistreating her from the first night.  Many people felt that there was a type of aggression in the cake incident at the wedding. I know it had impressed lot of people that something was just strange and how Brandon behaved for someone who "had hit the jackpot" in getting a model like mate.  Looks definitely aren't everything but if it's the only thing you know if your new mate looks like they were a model for bathing suits which I think she was, it is a good thing in the beginning. Just like when Mindy saw Zack and he was so cute not knowing he would be among the worst married at first sight husband ever.

In the recruitment part of the show Brandon had described some of the women that he dated and it was pretty much everything but black women. He didn't say he didn't like black women but he did describe the women that he was attracted to so I had expected him to be matched in an interracial relationship. And so I was surprised when he was matched with Taylor. I didn't know that the show had made a position not to have interracial marriages and I think Brandon didn't know that either. I mean why wouldn't the show make that type of match if both people had a preference for the other race in there dating profiles and dating experiences. I just think they should make matches that people could possibly be happy with.  So I just assumed in the beginning, when he wasn't really that interested in the physically attractive Taylor (her body is banging), it was that he just preferred a different kind of mate and that he was angry and disappointed that the show didn't take that into account.  Well we know the producers may have even suggested to him that he would get a mate of the ethnicity that he mostly dated.  I just know he made it clear that he dated all kinds of women and he didn't make any statement about some of them being black.  I don't think that's a problem; everybody has whatever it is that they're attracted to. 

I just think that Brandon was put into a situation where he was going to be disappointed because he wrote those vows to a different kind of woman than the show married him to.  Brandon is the kind of guy that seems like he feels entitled to get what he wants and so I'm sure that he believe that the show would match him up with the type of women he usually dated. I don't really find that to be a strange expectation except if you watch the show you know that the producers often appear to totally ignore what people say they like in a date. People who like blondes get brunettes etc. and in real life people who like blondes do marry brunettes and have happy marriages. But they choose to pick someone different than their usual type.

Brandon was hostile to production from the first night - maybe he felt they had lied to him by not taking his preferences into account.

I guess it can be compared to Luke saying he usually does not date white women and then getting paired with a white woman.

8 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I think she’s actually jealous of Derek. Of his joviality, his kindness and of people liking everything about him that she sees as inferior. 

I think jealousy absolutely rules Katie. Jealousy, anger and vengeance. It’s like she’s some wannabe mean girl vying to be most popular in middle school. She’s upset with Derek for being kind to two women who were talking about their marital problems. There was nothing even remotely flirtatious about him echoing Taylor’s woosa. It was Derek being his happy go lucky self and Katie wanted to start some shit and make him run after her like a little lost puppy. It wasn’t enough for the girls to run after her. She needed Derek to INITIATE! and beg her forgiveness when he’d done nothing wrong.

I wish they’d have rung a bell every time he said he was sorry. If they’d have rung one every time Katie said the word like we’d all be dizzy. What a bitch.

The less said about Taylor and Brandon the better. Ugh. 

Bingo. She is a mean nasty person who has no appreciation of the great guy she is paired with, even after seeing how horrible the other guys are acting.

8 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Recap of next week's preview  (or what fresh hell is this?):

Pastor Cal voice over: "Next time on Married at First Sight..."

Clip of Katie and Derek throwing rocks (?) into the pond at the retreat house. 

Taylor, taking her suitcase out of the house. Jessica and Austin in the kitchen. Katie and Derek horsing around on the dock at the pond. 

Pastor Cal: "As they enter their final week before Decision Day..."

Michael and Meka picking apples. 

Pastor Cal: "...our couples will have one last chance to check in with friends and family to help them make the most important decision of their lives."

Clips of Taylor and her friend walking down the street; Katie hugging her dad at a restaurant; Derek hugging his stepmom and dad at a restaurant; Jessica sitting down with her sister at an outside table; Austin sitting down with a friend (?) at a balcony table; Meka sitting down on a couch with her mom; Michael hugging his aunt at a fast food restaurant (?).

Taylor: "He said he was not coming back to film."  Friend 1: "He's such a child." Friend 2: "He is a child." Friend 1 in ITM: "Taylor deserves better."

Katie's Dad: "Some guys take a little bit longer to mature." Katie: "He's a boy, Dad." Dad in ITM: "I just would hate for her to give up 'cause I think there's a lot there."

(Now we get a repeat of the scene of Jessica and Austin having dinner and discussing traveling for work. I see you, show. Desperately trying to manufacture some type of drama where there is none).

Clip of Jessica, packing up to go spend the night elsewhere before Decision Day. (Again, I get the feeling that the show is trying to misdirect us and think that Jessica is moving out).

Cut to Katie and Derek at picnic table, drinking wine. Katie: "Do you think I'm going to say 'yes'  on Decision Day?" Derek: "I'm hoping you will." Cut to Katie: "I guess you'll find out." 

Meka and Michael at a restaurant. Michael: "I've always wanted for us to be together. You are important to me." Meka has a slight smile on her face.

Taylor, in bed by herself, twiddling her fingers. T, sitting on couch, in ITM: "In the deep-down bottom of my heart..."

"...I do believe that Brandon really cares about me." Overhead security cam shows Brandon and Taylor sitting on couch in apartment; they wrap their arms around each other.

I actually did not recognize the girl Brandon embracing as Taylor because I did not see her horrible wig.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I don't think I have ever seen such an immature, annoying little brat as Katie. I so wished that Derek would have just let her pout and run away (to the front steps) and gone back to having a good time with his peers. She is just a horrible person, and I do have to think that her family did guide her to think that way.

I have no idea why they had Meka in a TH say that she still had hope for her and Michael. I don't think she even likes him at all (not blaming her), but she is one of those who takes this whole "marriage" seriously, but let it go.

Taylor was so fake the whole time. She knows how to make Brandon mad (it doesn't take much), and she kept pressing his buttons so he would have a meltdown, which he did. There is no affection on either side, but she tries to act like she is the good one, when there are things we know about her and I do believe she was a last-minute substitute when Brandon's assigned person dropped out. That is why they put her with him - no other reason than they needed a body, so perfect match!

Getting tired of the producer mandated fight with Austin and Jessica about his traveling. Her acting like she can't sleep without her husband is so stupid - they have known each other for 8 weeks. They will do fine when they can be normal.

Glad the show just accepted the end of Mindy and Zack and didn't try to make her change her mind.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, BunnyAndIvy said:

Has anyone mentioned the crockpot yet? I was cracking up that Austin ended up lugging that thing all around that (huge) house tour 😂 

Was that more manufactured drama on production's part?  Surely that huge house had a fully stocked kitchen. What did Jessica wind up using it for? One can saute ground beef or ground turkey for tacos  in an ordinary skillet. The steaks and chicken were on the grill.

Katie, for what a catch she is, ( her words) brought nothing ( literally) to the table. Taylor, for all her faults, seems to be a good cook. I remember being impressed early on with that feast she prepared for Brandon.  Maybe she made the Mac and cheese?

Showing my age but it still surprises me how many young folks can't cook. Back in the day, fast food was a rare treat and not a weekly thing. During my senior year of college I did my student teaching and shared a house with 3 strangers. My folks dropped me off and we'd gone shopping and filled a cooler with meat and veggies. I'd come home each day and prepare a simple meal...baked chicken, pork chop, and if I wanted to get fancy, stuffed peppers over rice. My house mates were amazed. There were lots of frozen crap entrees in the freezer that they microwaved. My mom was a SAHM but expected us to help prepare dinner. It's not rocket science. I'd go nuts if I had to eat boxed Kraft Mac and cheese for dinner each night. Was there a vegetable in sight?

• Love 11

Brandon started off well with nutjob ranting & raving, carrying on like a mad woman, sticking her hand in his face never shutting up, losing her shit Taylor. But by that time he was played & that's when evil production team swooped in to finish him off.  I'm glad he left, but wish he'd face this mess, handle it like an adult & pull a Mindy so it doesn't get worse for him.

Taylor could care less about Brandon. She's getting her 15m & probably having meetings with production on the side about how to set him off next for good teevee.

Katie's got some issues from having initiated their sex first time on the honeymoon, & has felt insecure ever since. So she treats him like crap while insisting he still has to win her, then wonders why he's acting lukewarm. Maybe she can consult one of her 'mental health' textbooks on that one to figure it out.

Katie's made it clear she wants actual aggression in sex & the relationship. Derek is probably just not into her brand of sex, & is either more vanilla, or just doesn't want that level of violence in his intimate life. She says she wants him to call her a "bitch", yet was very offended when he told her "fuck you" when she left the apartment. It's "unacceptable" to speak to her that way. So what the fuck DO you want Katie? Derek can't win with her no matter what. She definitely needs to help herself before 'helping' anyone else. geez

Meka hang it up & go hang with Mindy. She's genuine, Taylor is as fake as her hair mop.

What a mostly unlikable bunch they picked this season for us. 😡

• Love 21

14 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Those were not the pajamas Katie went to sleep in the night before.

That whole scene in the morning felt fishy, because she was literally hiding under the covers (as a mature woman would do) and so upset with him when they went to bed, but then they were all snugged up and cuddling in the morning. What did we miss in between? Did he throw the covers off and ravage her, in spite of her period and her shooting him down?

13 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Katie is fucking exhausting. She is a petulant child and she’s the kind of person who just makes up shit to be mad about. Derek was having a nice time talking to Taylor because Taylor doesn’t shit all over his dreams. It hasn’t for a second occurred to Katie that Derek isn’t affectionate with her because she’s an asshole. And apparently he DID try to initiate sex and she shot him down (I bet $5 she was mean about it). I’m all for confidence but Katie is arrogant and nasty. You can tell Jessica doesn’t like her.

It struck me that every time he brought up the fact that he did initiate sex with her and was shot down, she would shout "I'M DONE" and stomp off. I wonder what bothered her so much about that particular statement. Does she want him to keep pushing her for sex when she rejects him, like a real "bad boy" would do? She has made it clear she wants to be pursued - maybe that is what she means when she says she has told him explicitly what she wants. She wants him to be more forceful with her, even when she says no. That must be really confusing for a good guy who is respectful towards women.

13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Too much inquisition on Michael! Leave Michael alone, FGS!!

Why didn't you drive? Where did you go? Where did Brandon go? Why didn't he take his work clothes? WHY, WHERE, WHEN, WHO....

STHU!!

I actually really enjoyed that scene. I loved that it wasn't just Meka who was frustrated and confused by his lies! Finally everyone else could see what she had been going through with Michael for so long. It must have been such a relief for her to have others experience it alongside her.

10 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

These two are totally camera conscious. Every move is orchestrated. Even there scene in the bathroom didn't feel staged...just managed. Phony is the word that describes them best.

I didn't care too much for production to intervene like they did. They are supposed to be document the action, record it as they can. On the other hand Brandon's behavior was grade school. Grow up man.

How did production get the footage Brandon shot on his phone of them in the bathroom? She looked like she was totally trying not to crack up during that. It almost felt like they did a re-enactment in order to get that footage, with someone else holding the camera and pretending to be Brandon.

Also, I got the impression that the only intervened when he started messing with the mic pack. They were worried he would break it, so one person went over to him and tried to get him to stop. Then he started trying to goad him into getting physical with him and that is when more crew got involved.

8 hours ago, SnackyCakes14 said:

When they were fighting it sounded like she said he's only acts like a dork and a loser around her. No wonder the poor boy doesn't try to joke or play with her joyless ass. For Katie to complain how she carries the relationship and he does nothing is so lacking in self awareness and ungrateful, considering he got her tickets to a band she likes, has seemed open to the process and been trying, and even added her to his insurance at work. That's really responsible, thoughtful, and thinking long-term, but she seemed surprised, kind of freaked out by it, and was still completely hung up on him "never being in love". I like how Meka and Jessica diplomatically and gently defended Derek instead of placating Katie.

I truly despise Katie. It builds more and more every time she opens her mouth. When she says that he only acts like a loser and a weirdo with her and not other people, what she really means is that she is annoyed that other people find his personality charming while she has no patience for it. He is acting exactly the same, but she is not seeing it the way other people do. Plus, he is getting all of the attention, which steams her up. If she thinks the way she behaves with him is "carrying the relationship" and "doing everything while he does nothing" then I completely understand why no other man has wanted to stay in a relationship with her. She is foul.

19 minutes ago, BunnyAndIvy said:

Has anyone mentioned the crockpot yet? I was cracking up that Austin ended up lugging that thing all around that (huge) house tour 😂 

That was my favorite part of the episode (which is not saying much, but still). I loved how he teased Jessica about bringing the crockpot, because we often see her teasing him but not the other way around, so that was nice. Then when he said he was "dying" under the weight of carrying it around, with a big old smile on his face I was cracking up. So adorable.

• Love 21
19 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Brandon started off well with nutjob ranting & raving, carrying on like a mad woman, sticking her hand in his face never shutting up, losing her shit Taylor. But by that time he was played & that's when evil production team swooped in to finish him off.  I'm glad he left, but wish he'd face this mess, handle it like an adult & pull a Mindy so it doesn't get worse for him.

Taylor could care less about Brandon. She's getting her 15m & probably having meetings with production on the side about how to set him off next for good teevee.

Katie's got some issues from having initiated their sex first time on the honeymoon, & has felt insecure ever since. So she treats him like crap while insisting he still has to win her, then wonders why he's acting lukewarm. Maybe she can consult one of her 'mental health' textbooks on that one to figure it out.

Katie's made it clear she wants actual aggression in sex & the relationship. Derek is probably just not into her brand of sex, & is either more vanilla, or just doesn't want that level of violence in his intimate life. She says she wants him to call her a "bitch", yet was very offended when he told her "fuck you" when she left the apartment. It's "unacceptable" to speak to her that way. So what the fuck DO you want Katie? Derek can't win with her no matter what. She definitely needs to help herself before 'helping' anyone else. geez

Meka hang it up & go hang with Mindy. She's genuine, Taylor is as fake as her hair mop.

What a mostly unlikable bunch they picked this season for us. 😡

It’s like she mistakes his kindness and decency for weakness.  It both annoys her and gives her a big head about how awesome she is.

There will be women lined up around the block for a sweet guy like him. The dating market value for a whiny sniveling jealous brat like her is fairly low.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

That whole scene in the morning felt fishy, because she was literally hiding under the covers (as a mature woman would do) and so upset with him when they went to bed, but then they were all snugged up and cuddling in the morning. What did we miss in between?

At the very least, we missed Katie changing clothes, and Derek getting fully dressed in a shirt, pants, and belt.  If I cared, I could probably look at shadows and sun in the windows and compare them to a floor plan and orientation of the house to determine whether the scene was even in the morning at all.  Instead, I'll just skip the work and assume what we saw is bogus.

I did, however, see Taylor leaning/resting her head on Derek's chest/shoulder, and can see how that might not fly for anyone, never mind someone who's insecure and jealous.  And Taylor saying Katie hit the jackpot at the same time?  Not really helping.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

It struck me that every time he brought up the fact that he did initiate sex with her and was shot down, she would shout "I'M DONE" and stomp off. I wonder what bothered her so much about that particular statement. Does she want him to keep pushing her for sex when she rejects him, like a real "bad boy" would do? She has made it clear she wants to be pursued - maybe that is what she means when she says she has told him explicitly what she wants. She wants him to be more forceful with her, even when she says no. That must be really confusing for a good guy who is respectful towards women.

She is confusing, and while I don't think she wants him to be that over the line of "taking her," it may be just she plays a ton of mind games.  Like...No means no but you keep coming back to me, and then I relent.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Also, the producer talking to Brandon said, "I voiced--dude, since the very first time I talked to you I said I will tell you when I can or cannot do something. And I voiced to you that I cannot make the camera stop rolling.  I said that, okay?  So we're done."

I noticed at least one of the Bachelor finalettes saying "I voiced" instead of "I said," and now it's on this show, too.  Please make it stop.

I'll put in on the board with "Harold and I's relationship" and "Let's cheers!" as language bastardizations brought to us by reality show participants.

9 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Katie's Dad: "Some guys take a little bit longer to mature." Katie: "He's a boy, Dad."

And yet Katie herself has implied that she want a bad boy.  I mean.  It's right there on the label.  Make up your mind, Katie!

1 hour ago, BunnyAndIvy said:

I was legit cackling over that!  I rewound 3 times when they were packing and he asked her if she was taking her "mumblemomt" with her...I *thought* he said CrockPot, but that didn't make any sense, until they got there had he was hauling that thing around!  He was so good natured about it, though.  Dude's kind of a dork, but he's an *awesome* dork.  Jessica really lucked out; she'd better be good to him.

38 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Taylor, for all her faults, seems to be a good cook. I remember being impressed early on with that feast she prepared for Brandon.  Maybe she made the Mac and cheese?

She did.  She said something about throwing it together in "like, 5 minutes."  She was smashing the hell out of those hamburgers, though.

34 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Katie's made it clear she wants actual aggression in sex & the relationship. Derek is probably just not into her brand of sex, & is either more vanilla, or just doesn't want that level of violence in his intimate life. She says she wants him to call her a "bitch", yet was very offended when he told her "fuck you" when she left the apartment. It's "unacceptable" to speak to her that way. So what the fuck DO you want Katie? Derek can't win with her no matter what. She definitely needs to help herself before 'helping' anyone else. geez.

See above; I do not think even Katie knows.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It’s like she mistakes his kindness and decency for weakness.  It both annoys her and gives her a big head about how awesome she is.

There will be women lined up around the block for a sweet guy like him. The dating market value for a whiny sniveling jealous brat like her is fairly low.

I'm unsure about your pronoun references here, so I'll just say that I hope you're speaking of Katie/Derek and not Taylor/Brandon!

• Love 5

More confusion:  Meka drove Michael in a white car, which I assume was hers, so why did he need to ride in a production car?  Was he afraid to ask her if he could use her car to drive to the funeral home?  

Also, Jessica needs to mind her own business.  Meka is perfectly capable of grilling the shit out Michael or anyone else on the planet.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm unsure about your pronoun references here, so I'll just say that I hope you're speaking of Katie/Derek and not Taylor/Brandon!

It refers to Katie and Derek.

5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

You are correct.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1
(edited)

This episode was basically Jessica chaperoning a drunken senior week. What a mess.

FUCK KATIE and the condescending horse she rode in on. I requested to follow Derek on social media so I can swoop in if they separate (although his handle is drockingsherm and his bio says something like "welcome to the life of Derek Sherman" like a 15-year-old boy's MySpace page in 2008, so.....there's that).

Meka/Taylor and Brandon/Michael would've been better pairings at this point.

I'm pissed that Mindy wasn't invited but Taylor and Meka got to dick around by themselves the whole weekend.

Taylor is a dead-eyed, attention-obsessed Instagram queen who only cares about image, but Brandon is genuinely going to hurt someone and is one drunken outburst away from domestic violence. What a dickwad he was physically threatening that producer.

As a therapist, Katie should recognize that she's likely drawn to and turned on by violence and verbal abuse because that's what she saw with her parents and now conflates that with "passion" and intensity.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 14
(edited)
12 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And finally, I hate everything about that house they were in.  It reminded me of a clubhouse at a country club, with those super-wide halls and double doors everywhere.  At first, I thought they were in a hospital.

The inside was old. Kitchen cabinets, furniture, wall paper, etc.

However, it did have a full length window with the blinds open in the bathroom for Brandon/Taylor's fight! So they close the door and the camera crew goes outside and looks in from the window.

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, OnTime said:

How is Brandon going to get back home?  Taylor drove out to the giant house in the country.  Can Uber find that place????

The same way he got back "home" from "work" in D.C. after Taylor drove him there...which we'll never find out. 

What WEIRD PEOPLE,  man. I wouldn't talk to any one of them besides Jess and Austin. These are the people in the world today?! Holy crap we're doomed.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

One little addition!

Cut to Katie and Derek at picnic table, drinking wine.

Katie: "Do you think I'm going to say 'yes'  on Decision Day?"

Derek: "I'm hoping you will."

Katie: "I guess you'll find out.

Derek: "Well, I'm really hoping you say 'yes' because you can go first and then I will say 'no' !

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I did, however, see Taylor leaning/resting her head on Derek's chest/shoulder, and can see how that might not fly for anyone, never mind someone who's insecure and jealous.  And Taylor saying Katie hit the jackpot at the same time?  Not really helping.

I know, right? Maybe a little inappropriate but I loved it because well......Katie! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

More confusion:  Meka drove Michael in a white car, which I assume was hers, so why did he need to ride in a production car?  Was he afraid to ask her if he could use her car to drive to the funeral home?  

Maybe he was afraid she'd look at the mileage when he returned and have questions...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Showing my age but it still surprises me how many young folks can't cook.

My son who is in his early 30's was talking about this the other day. He said the majority of girls he dates don't like to cook, don't know how to cook and don't care to learn how to cook. I asked him if he was exaggerating and he said NO! Single young girls just don't cook. Weird, huh? 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Not sure if it was already posted...

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p231679

18-Person House with Pool on Spectacular Rural Estate with Tennis Courts, Spa
Sperryville, VA, USA

Thank you! Turns out that's on the other side of the mountains from Shenandoah Caverns (Quicksburg VA); she says it would have been closer to go to Luray Caverns but I figured they wouldn't let them film there.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Michael skipping out on breakfast? Hold up.

But wasn't that Meka sitting there eating BREAKFAST?! With nary a word of negativity or a pout! Ok, I get it...its only when MICHAEL makes her breakfast.

15 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Taylor must be livid that Brandon isn’t falling all over her.  She goes and. Sits on his lap after drinking all night with her friends and not coming home until the morning.  She takes him for a dope.  I’m with him on this one.

Why did she even go and sit on his lap? That was so weird.

And I do think Taylor was being flirtatious toward Derek. Derek is just such a dork (Katie' s word, not mine) that he doesn't see it.

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Also, Jessica needs to mind her own business.  Meka is perfectly capable of grilling the shit out Michael or anyone else on the planet.

Seriously, jessica!

Austin needed to kick her under the table.

🙄 This whole show is just so producer-driven.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

But wasn't that Meka sitting there eating BREAKFAST?! With nary a word of negativity or a pout! Ok, I get it...its only when MICHAEL makes her breakfast.

Good point!  I forgot about her sitting there eating breakfast.  

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Are there more liars than "Black Power" Michael and Zatch this season?

• Love 4