Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Fight or Flight?

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

I'm confused.  They're talking about some festival.  I thought Michael went to a funeral home to drop off some flowers.

Michael did! I guess Brandon also had work besides his little tantrum?

2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I missed something.  Who died?

Supposedly it was Michael's uncle.  I'm sorry if the uncle really is dead, I hope Michael was telling the truth about that one thing.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

I'm confused.  They're talking about some festival.  I thought Michael went to a funeral home to drop off some flowers.

I’m confused too. Maybe Michael is lying about a death in his family? 

• Love 3
Just now, Ohwell said:

Yeah I think they caught him in a lie on where he was. 

The previews are weird. Half of it is stuff that was in the previews for this week's episode. Katie calling Derek a boy or from even earlier with Jessica complaining about Austin's traveling. 

They don't even have enough content for previews anymore.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, PupCal said:

Michael did! I guess Brandon also had work besides his little tantrum?

Ok, he was mumbling and being grilled by Jessica and Meka so I didn't understand him saying he did.

Just now, Silver Bells said:

Geeze Jessica.  Nosey much?  Anyone notice Ashton doesn’t say too much?  He sort of just sits and listens.

I don't think he's a big confrontation guy. He could see what was going on towards Michael and clammed up.

• Love 6

Taylor still driving.  I understand that she wouldn't want him driving her car but........

I still want to know what's up with his license?  

Derrick is trying because he is married to Katie.  He can't really like her.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Taylor almost gets violent with Brandon so he's done & wants to give up the mic, then they make him out to be the problem?

This show is fucked up, & supporting Taylor the phony. My feeling is Brandon is well aware of that & wants out so they are demonizing him.

Taylor must be livid that Brandon isn’t falling all over her.  She goes and. Sits on his lap after drinking all night with her friends and not coming home until the morning.  She takes him for a dope.  I’m with him on this one.

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Yay! No screen time for asshat Zack 🙄
Missed Mindy, though. Surprisingly, he was on Unfiltered. Typical douchey self. And talked in circles.

And his matching suit pants were skin tight.  Like we’re supposed to swoon.  He’s a wannabe actor with big hair.  I didn’t even realize he wasn’t on tonite.  That’s how much I missed the shithead.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Why didn't you drive? Where did you go? Where did Brandon go? Why didn't he take his work clothes? WHY, WHERE, WHEN, WHO....

STHU!!

@LennieBriscoe said this.  Who asked those questions.  Meka and Jessica?  Nosey.

32 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Too much inquisition on Michael! Leave Michael alone, FGS!!

Why didn't you drive? Where did you go? Where did Brandon go? Why didn't he take his work clothes? WHY, WHERE, WHEN, WHO....

STHU!!

This.  Sorry all.  But, this. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

And add me to the chorus, what’s this festival?  I really can’t understand Michael when he speaks. 

Festival, funeral.  They’re all the same to him.  He hasn’t a clue.

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

Why can't any of these couples realize that they were married without knowing each other and six weeks is not a time where somebody's going to love somebody unless it's extraordinary match. I can understand if they got married after a two year relationship.

Meka knows that Katie is crazy.  She is dealing with Michael and knows that Derrick has potential.  Brandon is trying???  I hate to see him when he's not trying. Doesn't he see that he is creating a bad environment.  Katie is creating a bad environment with a decent guy.  She doesn't have to love him just treat him the way he treats her which is decently.  Katie likes to argue. Some people say they hate to argue but they really love to argue. Derrick may never have been in love but I don't think he likes to argue I don't think he gets energy or excitement.  Katie takes her position as a wife much to seriously given that it's an arranged marriage and they need to build and grow not have love as an entitlement. I don't think Derrick did anything wrong either.

These bullshit men.  Katie has a lot of ego.  She sucks as a potential partner.  Drama queen.  She lacks personal insight but thinks she knows everything.  Maybe she drinks too much for her diabetes and her little stature. I really don't know what's wrong with her.

• Love 18

Brandon is still pissed that they married him to a black women.  He never wanted her.  That whole thing with the cake was a good indication of how upset he really was.  He was very disappointed at the altar and Taylor could never have been good enough for him because he wasn't interested in dating, to say nothing of marrying a black woman. He probably felt that the show betrayed him because he made his interests clear and he assumed that they would marry him to the type of woman he preferred to date.  Brandon feels that he's entitled to Taylor worshiping him and he should not have to do anything to create a good atmosphere. But his level of rejection of Taylor really doesn't match what she's probably dealt with in the past as well so it's just a match made in hell.  

I finally saw the turtle in Katie.  Katie knows she looked like an unappreciative asshole.

• Love 9
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Brandon is still pissed that they married him to a black women.  He never wanted her.  That whole thing with the cake was a good indication of how upset he really was.  He was very disappointed at the altar and Taylor could never have been good enough for him because he wasn't interested in dating, to say nothing of marrying a black woman. He probably felt that the show betrayed him because he made his interests clear and he assumed that they would marry him to the type of woman he preferred to date.  Brandon feels that he's entitled to Taylor worshiping him and he should not have to do anything to create a good atmosphere. But his level of rejection of Taylor really doesn't match what she's probably dealt with in the past as well so it's just a match made in hell.  

I finally saw the turtle in Katie.  Katie knows she looked like an unappreciative asshole.

Yeah, I felt like Brandon was just as disappointed with Taylor as Zack was with Mindy, but Zack actually hid it better during the wedding day.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Zach told "Dr." V they weren't a good match in terms of Mindy's "fragility". Both Jessica & "Dr." V told Zach she wasn't insecure before marrying him.

I loved it! Jessica, especially, stood up for Mindy, saying she was a strong woman, and basically pinned the blame on Zach. Even Dr. Viv laid into him. Man, he's just a cold individual, though. Everything just seems to roll off his back. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't like all of that creepy-looking wood paneling in Michael's bedroom. 

Not wood paneling...it is solid wood. I really liked that room...it had texture...the other rooms seemed bland.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

I couldn’t understand the whole thing with Michael hanging with Brandon at the festival and production trying to park and Jessica and Meka grilling him and it’s too uncomfortable to watch again.

I still say what festival.  Michael was supposed to be at a funeral home.  I feel like I missed something.  

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I can't get down with this whole race thing that has been brought into Brandon's narrative. He has never expressed at any point and has been pulled out of thin air. And as I have stated before, no dude on this show is going to see Taylor walking down the aisle and be worried about her race. 

Brandon had her number as far as being here more for the cameras than anything else early on and never got over it. So, he uses any excuse to dip because mentally he's been out since the honeymoon.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Can't believe what a dick Michael is being. He's going to lose a fine woman and kick himself in the ass...jerk

Eh. I wouldn't under any circumstances want to be with Meka looks or personality wise. I'm sure he'll be fine. Zero excuse to be a whole ass though.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

I normally don't tune in until the matches are made, so I must have missed this. Did Brandon actually say his preference was a white woman, or non- black woman?  Why was he chosen then? The show has said numerous times that they won't pair couples of different races, so if he didn't want a black woman, he should not have been chosen.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, OnTime said:
4 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Those were not the pajamas Katie went to sleep in the night before.

Derek had on different clothes too.  Production on this show has always been terrible.

Derek was wearing a shirt, pants, and a belt, so I don't think this was a scene of them waking up.

But on the car ride to the house, Derek was wearing a blue t-shirt.  When they showed them getting out of the car and going into the house, and picking a room, he was wearing a gray t-shirt with maroon sleeves. 

And I guess he's taking a page out of Mindy's playbook by being a filthy monster by not only not taking a shower before going to bed, but crawling under the covers in the same shirt he'd been wearing that day.

Also, the producer talking to Brandon said, "I voiced--dude, since the very first time I talked to you I said I will tell you when I can or cannot do something. And I voiced to you that I cannot make the camera stop rolling.  I said that, okay?  So we're done."

I noticed at least one of the Bachelor finalettes saying "I voiced" instead of "I said," and now it's on this show, too.  Please make it stop.

And finally, I hate everything about that house they were in.  It reminded me of a clubhouse at a country club, with those super-wide halls and double doors everywhere.  At first, I thought they were in a hospital.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Taylor must be livid that Brandon isn’t falling all over her.  She goes and. Sits on his lap after drinking all night with her friends and not coming home until the morning.  She takes him for a dope.  I’m with him on this one.

These two are totally camera conscious. Every move is orchestrated. Even there scene in the bathroom didn't feel staged...just managed. Phony is the word that describes them best.

I didn't care too much for production to intervene like they did. They are supposed to be document the action, record it as they can. On the other hand Brandon's behavior was grade school. Grow up man.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, spunky said:

Brandon is pure trash! His behavior throughout the entire retreat was disgusting, especially when he tried to goad production into a physical altercation. I believe production feared for Taylor’s safety which is why the camera crew were filming through the window. Michael is another piece of trash who just can’t stop lying. I won’t be surprised if his uncle is actually alive and kicking, watching this whole mess unfold. Both Brandon and Michael are sorry excuses for men and an even worst representation of black men.

Katie, Derek is having fun with Taylor because she’s not the Mayor of Annoyingville. Both Meka and Taylor stated that he was hilarious. Yes, Taylor thinks you’re lucky because she’s married to trash and knows a good man when she sees one. I hate that Katie manipulative behavior caused Derek to apologize. He can do way better and needs to dump her. She needs therapy instead of being a therapist.

Pastor Cal was against Michael, Brandon , Zach and Katie being matched and he was right. They all ended up being the absolute worst.

I don't think people represent their race...just themselves. There have been white men who were horrible specimens on the show but it doesn't reflect on the white race.

Brandon is irredeemable but then Taylor isn't much better. If they met apart from this show who knows? But the pressure of this show is clearly too much for Brandon and evidently too much for their marriage I suspect.

I wonder if Katie had any idea just how pouty her face was. A very unattractive look. However only a blind man wouldn't know he was stoking the flames of jealousy. At some point he should have asked to change seats with Taylor. Yeah he was being himself...but was it intentional? 

She fools herself when she says he needs to 'win her over' she wouldn't be a green pea like that if she didn't want him badly. She's the one who needs to win over. They both should really. I wouldn't be surprised though if he bails.

It is nice to see Austin and Jessica. I can't imagine them parting ways. I bet they are together and coping with the virus like the rest of us and happy to have each other.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I normally don't tune in until the matches are made, so I must have missed this. Did Brandon actually say his preference was a white woman, or non- black woman?  Why was he chosen then? The show has said numerous times that they won't pair couples of different races, so if he didn't want a black woman, he should not have been chosen.

He never said he didn't want a black woman.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Another wannabe Actress.  The wig has a life of its own.

Free the wig.

6 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

He never said he didn't want a black woman.

i doubt he'd say that after i heard him tell Meka he liked "natural hair".

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I still say what festival.  Michael was supposed to be at a funeral home.  I feel like I missed something.  

I think it was that Brandon was working at a festival because he's a beer ambassador. It was pretty vague about the funeral and why Michael had to leave the retreat to purchase flowers for his uncle. I don't know, I always thought most people just called up the florist and said this is my budget, how many red roses or whatever it is can I get for my budget.  The florist can show you on the Internet pretty much what it's gonna look like and that's that. He was just very Squirrely, because if I had to make actual burial arrangements for a dead relative and I only had an hour and a half I'd be pissed as hell that I traveled all that way and didn't get to do what I came to do. And I wouldn't nonchalantly return for a dinner that I wasn't really going to participate in. Anyway we all know that Michael is a liar even when he doesn't have to lie so I think it's all quite dubious about uncle's funeral.

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

I can't get down with this whole race thing that has been brought into Brandon's narrative. He has never expressed at any point and has been pulled out of thin air. And as I gave stated before, no dude on this show is going to see Taylor walking down the aisle and be worried about her race. 

Brandon had her number as far as being here more for the cameras than anything else early on and never got over it. So, he uses any excuse to dip because mentally he's been out since the honeymoon.

Not pulled out of the air.  And he started mistreating her from the first night.  Many people felt that there was a type of aggression in the cake incident at the wedding. I know it had impressed lot of people that something was just strange and how Brandon behaved for someone who "had hit the jackpot" in getting a model like mate.  Looks definitely aren't everything but if it's the only thing you know if your new mate looks like they were a model for bathing suits which I think she was, it is a good thing in the beginning. Just like when Mindy saw Zack and he was so cute not knowing he would be among the worst married at first sight husband ever.

1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

In the recruitment part of the show Brandon had described some of the women that he dated and it was pretty much everything but black women. He didn't say he didn't like black women but he did describe the women that he was attracted to so I had expected him to be matched in an interracial relationship. And so I was surprised when he was matched with Taylor. I didn't know that the show had made a position not to have interracial marriages and I think Brandon didn't know that either. I mean why wouldn't the show make that type of match if both people had a preference for the other race in there dating profiles and dating experiences. I just think they should make matches that people could possibly be happy with.  So I just assumed in the beginning, when he wasn't really that interested in the physically attractive Taylor (her body is banging), it was that he just preferred a different kind of mate and that he was angry and disappointed that the show didn't take that into account.  Well we know the producers may have even suggested to him that he would get a mate of the ethnicity that he mostly dated.  I just know he made it clear that he dated all kinds of women and he didn't make any statement about some of them being black.  I don't think that's a problem; everybody has whatever it is that they're attracted to. 

I just think that Brandon was put into a situation where he was going to be disappointed because he wrote those vows to a different kind of woman than the show married him to.  Brandon is the kind of guy that seems like he feels entitled to get what he wants and so I'm sure that he believe that the show would match him up with the type of women he usually dated. I don't really find that to be a strange expectation except if you watch the show you know that the producers often appear to totally ignore what people say they like in a date. People who like blondes get brunettes etc. and in real life people who like blondes do marry brunettes and have happy marriages. But they choose to pick someone different than their usual type.

Brandon was hostile to production from the first night - maybe he felt they had lied to him by not taking his preferences into account.

Edited by Kira53
I didn't remember to proofread.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Ugh, I just cannot with Katie. She is the most entitled, immature, obnoxious person ever to be on this show. What guy in is right mind would want to be with her? Like, what does she bring to the table? Derek can't do one single thing right in her view. No wonder he doesn't try any more because she always shoots him down. She has done nothing to try to make the marriage work, yet she takes all the credit for them still being together. (Thank you, Jessica, for being the voice of reason and trying to talk sense into Katie, not that it worked). 

Jessica and Austin are a breath of fresh air. I felt so bad for them having to be in the middle of that toxic waste pile that was the other 3 couples. Can you imagine if Zach and Mindy had been there too? 😳😵

Michael is like a reanimated corpse. He has no life or energy whatsoever. I wanted to give Meka a hug, just because Michael was being such a poopy head. What was up with the "Yeah, it was like 3:30 before we got downtown and that bled over into 4:00"? Huh? What a bunch of rigamarole. And I guess Brandon did get a ride in the van even though we saw him walking off on the road by himself. They should have just let him hoof it back into town.

Brandon and Taylor continue to be a hot mess. Brandon really showed his ass this episode. What a jerk way to behave to the producers and camera people. I don't think Taylor's a huge prize, but at least she tries, and she seems kind of fun.

Thank God we didn't have to see Mindy and Zach this episode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
(edited)

I got the feeling that while Jessica was definitely trying to be genuinely supportive of Katie when she was upset, she also thinks she's missing the forest for the trees with Derek (and she hasn't even seen what we have!). Jessica was totally trying to get through to her and Katie wasn't having it. Meka wasn't as direct, but she also definitely seemed to not really understand where she was coming from.

Katie, he doesn't act like that with you because you roll your eyes and call him a nerd or a weirdo anytime he's himself.

ETA: Even though I'm totally with Meka in general about Michael, I didn't totally understand the reason for the 5th degree in this case. It seemed relatively clear to me. There was traffic, they had to take Brandon to get his clothes for work, they went to the festival and had to wait around for him. I can see how he didn't see it as being "at the festival" like Meka seemed to think was the case. He wasn't hanging out with Brandon, he was waiting around with production.

Edited by redpencil
  • Love 14

Katie's emotional intelligence and maturity seems pretty low for someone studying mental health. The way she stormed off during dinner, then needed to be consoled by Meka and Jessica, only to go back and be openly sour and jealous, make things uncomfortable for everyone, and storm off again in the hopes this time Derek would chase after her was so petty and immature. It reminded me of something that would play out at a college or high school party.

When they were fighting it sounded like she said he's only acts like a dork and a loser around her. No wonder the poor boy doesn't try to joke or play with her joyless ass. For Katie to complain how she carries the relationship and he does nothing is so lacking in self awareness and ungrateful, considering he got her tickets to a band she likes, has seemed open to the process and been trying, and even added her to his insurance at work. That's really responsible, thoughtful, and thinking long-term, but she seemed surprised, kind of freaked out by it, and was still completely hung up on him "never being in love". I like how Meka and Jessica diplomatically and gently defended Derek instead of placating Katie.

The scenes with Brandon and Taylor make me very uncomfortable. I don't like how she knows she does shady shit (posting that video, and whatever happened with the hotel room), but then doesn't own it or acts like everything is fine. It felt so fake when she cozied up in his lap, I can understand why he finds her behavior offputting. But then his reaction towards production was so over the line, confrontational, and disrespectful you can't be on his side at all either. They both suck.

I found it confusing they didn't mention Michael's uncle passing until they'd all ready shown him talking to Meka. Even if production and Meka were skeptical, knowing he had told her that and she didn't react in a sympathetic way would have helped explain why he was so angry, shut down, and over it in the car. 

• Love 21
39 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

I think it was that Brandon was working at a festival because he's a beer ambassador. It was pretty vague about the funeral and why Michael had to leave the retreat to purchase flowers for his uncle. I don't know, I always thought most people just called up the florist and said this is my budget, how many red roses or whatever it is can I get for my budget.  The florist can show you on the Internet pretty much what it's gonna look like and that's that. He was just very Squirrely, because if I had to make actual burial arrangements for a dead relative and I only had an hour and a half I'd be pissed as hell that I traveled all that way and didn't get to do what I came to do. And I wouldn't nonchalantly return for a dinner that I wasn't really going to participate in. Anyway we all know that Michael is a liar even when he doesn't have to lie so I think it's all quite dubious about uncle's funeral.

Not pulled out of the air.  And he started mistreating her from the first night.  Many people felt that there was a type of aggression in the cake incident at the wedding. I know it had impressed lot of people that something was just strange and how Brandon behaved for someone who "had hit the jackpot" in getting a model like mate.  Looks definitely aren't everything but if it's the only thing you know if your new mate looks like they were a model for bathing suits which I think she was, it is a good thing in the beginning. Just like when Mindy saw Zack and he was so cute not knowing he would be among the worst married at first sight husband ever.

In the recruitment part of the show Brandon had described some of the women that he dated and it was pretty much everything but black women. He didn't say he didn't like black women but he did describe the women that he was attracted to so I had expected him to be matched in an interracial relationship. And so I was surprised when he was matched with Taylor. I didn't know that the show had made a position not to have interracial marriages and I think Brandon didn't know that either. I mean why wouldn't the show make that type of match if both people had a preference for the other race in there dating profiles and dating experiences. I just think they should make matches that people could possibly be happy with.  So I just assumed in the beginning, when he wasn't really that interested in the physically attractive Taylor (her body is banging), it was that he just preferred a different kind of mate and that he was angry and disappointed that the show didn't take that into account.  Well we know the producers may have even suggested to him that he would get a mate of the ethnicity that he mostly dated.  I just know he made it clear that he dated all kinds of women and he didn't make any statement about some of them being black.  I don't think that's a problem; everybody has whatever it is that they're attracted to. 

I just think that Brandon was put into a situation where he was going to be disappointed because he wrote those vows to a different kind of woman than the show married him to.  Brandon is the kind of guy that seems like he feels entitled to get what he wants and so I'm sure that he believe that the show would match him up with the type of women he usually dated. I don't really find that to be a strange expectation except if you watch the show you know that the producers often appear to totally ignore what people say they like in a date. People who like blondes get brunettes etc. and in real life people who like blondes do marry brunettes and have happy marriages. But they choose to pick someone different than their usual type.

Brandon was hostile to production from the first night - maybe he felt they had lied to him by not taking his preferences into account.

Everything you have said is far from fact and there is nothing in reality that says Taylor's race is why he's acting like he is. 

Taylor isn't the type of woman he wants because she's basically a Instagram girl that lacks substance in his eyes. There is plenty, plenty here on screen to tell you why he doesn't like her without bringing race into it.

• Love 8