Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Parker's Big Adventure

• Start Topic

Jenna and Adam pick up the pieces of Madison and Ciara's botched picnic; Georgia steps up to surprise the guests; Parker tries to prove himself by executing a mission for the guests, while Ciara steps aside to let him make his own mistakes.

Airs March 30, 2020.

No Glenn!!! Your unprofessional, lazy , Chief Stew and your disgusting chef need to be replaced. Where is Leon when you need him. Poor Madison is overworked and under appreciated. I want her to go off on Jenna and Adam at the end of the season. Parker did what Paget should have done. That is do his research to find the perfect location.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, janie2002 said:

The more experienced crew members are aholes.

Is it editing or is Jenna a shitty 1st?

Jenna is a shitty 1st. She does nothing but hang out in the galley and make googoo eyes at Adam. 

If Madison is staying up too late, then put her on earlies or mids. But no, that would mean Jenna might have to spend some time working without Adam. 

• Love 22

Glenn is the best Captain on the Below Deck franchise. He is always ready to pitch in. In this episode I saw him help with the unloading of the tender. He listened to both of his department heads and was ready to make a change right off if they felt it was warranted. He didn’t just growl and scratch his balls and spout a cliche and then claim that he didn’t know what he as going on when the whole thing blows up.

Madison is a horrible stew who loves to complain and runs around while accomplishing Jack shit. The set up on the beach was a case in point. She was so busy complaining that she forgot her underwear. She is busy complaining to the deck crew which would have made Kate lose her mind. There is entirely too much gossip and bellyaching on this crew. I guess it is all for production purposes.

• Love 9

Still,  judging by this forum, not many people are into this show, huh? I can't blame them much. I've gotten into all iterations but this one's a tad strange.  I can't put my finger on it though as to whether it's the setting, cast, or sailboat.  Maybe the cast.

Adam always seemed to have a normal and even privileged upbringing the way he speaks about it & the photos. Which is why his sociopathic tendencies surprise me time & again. Him & Jenna= gross. I saw Jenna show more work ethic this episode but still it's negated by the constant cutting down of her 2nd stew who's also the hardest working. & Jenna telling Glenn about Madison's crush on Parker effecting her work/rest balance was rich considering Jenna's inability to control herself on the same boat as Adam, nevermind same schedule! Parker was dumb to blab Madison's kind, flirtatious gesture to Jenna & co because now they'll use it against her. 

I must confess that Georgia's song sounded better this time than before . Still idk if I'd rush to purchase her album but it was enjoyed by Glenn, the guests and even me. The "couples" being shown during the song was NOT enjoyable.  

• Love 16

Madison could time manage better but it's BS to say she stayed up until 3 or 4 AM just for Parker.

And Jenna is throwing shade at other coworkers possibly having a thing?

I think the "should X be fired/replaced" is fabricated BS on all these BD shows.  They probably plant the idea in the heads of these cast members, prod them to throw it out there whenever there are these management convos.

And did Georgia throw Madison under the bus when she wasn't pulling her weight and Madison was trying to cover for her?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I'll be crude.

Tie Adam and Jenna together to the anchor and throw them overboard.  Then do the same for Pagggg and Ciera.  Glen is a moron too.

I’m beginning to think it’s the whole boat, I said earlier in the season that I felt like they were a bunch of amateurs.  Agree about the two couples and the anchor  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Glenn is the best Captain on the Below Deck franchise. He is always ready to pitch in. In this episode I saw him help with the unloading of the tender. He listened to both of his department heads and was ready to make a change right off if they felt it was warranted. He didn’t just growl and scratch his balls and spout a cliche and then claim that he didn’t know what he as going on when the whole thing blows up.

Madison is a horrible stew who loves to complain and runs around while accomplishing Jack shit. The set up on the beach was a case in point. She was so busy complaining that she forgot her underwear. She is busy complaining to the deck crew which would have made Kate lose her mind. There is entirely too much gossip and bellyaching on this crew. I guess it is all for production purposes.

I’ve seen the captain unloading tender a few times also carrying luggage but i really haven’t made up my mind about him, there’s something about him that i might  find irksome, i need more perspective on him.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

He is always ready to pitch in. In this episode I saw him help with the unloading of the tender.

When I heard one of the deck crew call out for help unloading provisions and Glenn said he'd help, I thought to myself, "Wow, what are the chances of Captain Lee ever doing that?"

But seriously. There's more of a chance of underwater zombies surrounding the boat and taking it hostage than that ever happening. 💀

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I myself am enjoying the show, it’s fun to have a change of scenery (ie: sailboat) and new crew/cast. 

I wish Parker didn’t show Madison’s note. Clearly he’s still hung up on his ex so unfortunately, Madison has little chance with him-too bad. Jenna was a real bitch to mention Madison’s crush to Capt. Glenn. She is the one who can’t focus on HER job due to her crush on Adam. She’s a terrible boss and just a shitty person. 

I didn’t see the previous season of Below Deck with Adam but he gives me strange vibes. I’ve heard a couple say he’s sociopathic and I am curious to hear if he seemed that way on the last season. I totally see it here. There is something detached and not believable in his “relationship” with Jenna. She keeps talking about all of their sexual chemistry but there is no heat coming from him. It’s all her, projecting. He doesn’t HAVE to like Jenna, that’s not it. It’s just that he seems like he’s trying to make something happen but inside he’s cold. Creepy. 

I am utterly shocked by the previews next week! Paget & Ciara inviting Georgia into a threesome?! I (honestly) never saw that coming! Ciara seemed very annoyed by their flirting, and possessive...hmm.

• Love 12

For me, the problem with this version is that there is no one I really like.  Glenn and Byron seem ok, but we don't see enough of them to sustain watching entire episodes.  Georgia is fine, I guess, when she's not flirting with Paget.  Everyone else irritates me in some way or another.  Usually there's someone likeable, or love to hate-able, and there's just none of that here.  They are all sort of vanilla irritating.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

First of all, I think Adam has a personality disorder.  He went completely stalker with Malia on a previous season because she didn't want him. He likes to thrill of the chase but doesn't know what to do if a fully functioning person wants a committed relationship with him. Previews next week show how the mood pendulum swings quite violently for him. Anyway, He has always given me creepy, sadistic vibes. 

Thanks for this, I was interested to learn more about him because he does seem a bit “off” somehow. He may really like leading Jenna on-the sadistic side of him. Scary. 

• Love 5

I'd be pretty irritated as a guest if they didn't have lots of different options for me available any time. Sitting around playing board games in the middle of the Greek isles while the deckhand looks for a place to see fish is incredibly lame. 

• Love 15

I will probably finish watching this season but then take it off my DVR just like I did with OG and Med. Without Kate/Capt Lee dynamic OG is not worth watching and Med is just bad, but not as bad as this one. I keep watching hoping SOMETHING will happen but nada. 

• Love 1

Did Jenna complain about Madison staying up late to keep the douche bros happy during that charter?

She only said, "should have waken me up" which nobody believes is what she really wanted.

• Love 15

I think I’m out. I haven’t had the chance to watch my recording yet, but reading here, seems like just more of the same: Jenna being a gaslighting monster, sociopath Adam letting his normal-dude mask slip more and more, and the only likeable people in the boat continue getting shit on. I was hanging in for the scenery—I love that part of Greece—but it’s not fun anymore. Or, well, it’s still not fun. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'd be pretty irritated as a guest if they didn't have lots of different options for me available any time. Sitting around playing board games in the middle of the Greek isles while the deckhand looks for a place to see fish is incredibly lame. 

For my part, my request would have been : sailing, sailing and sailing, and count me in as a deck crew ! For quite all the cruise ! THAT would be my ideal vacation, lol !

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 6

Kept waiting for Glenn to ask Jenna whether she’d had a serious counseling session with Madison. A good boss starts there. Ask why she’s staying up so late. Ask why she doesn’t finish one task before switching to another (Jenna knows Madison can’t finish the work within 30 minutes of the guests going to bed and she knows she (Jenna) is constantly interrupting Madison in the middle of tasks). Being snide and condescending isn’t being a good boss. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, AUJulia said:

Kept waiting for Glenn to ask Jenna whether she’d had a serious counseling session with Madison. A good boss starts there. Ask why she’s staying up so late. Ask why she doesn’t finish one task before switching to another (Jenna knows Madison can’t finish the work within 30 minutes of the guests going to bed and she knows she (Jenna) is constantly interrupting Madison in the middle of tasks). Being snide and condescending isn’t being a good boss. 

Exactly! And is it just me, or has Madison been on nights only so far? Even if she hasn't, she's been going to bed so late (the 20-30 minutes she spends chatting with Parker are minutae as far as I'm concerned) that no wonder she's tired. I'd like to see Jenna bitch a little less and work a little harder.

• Love 17

I'd watch this show if they brought in Jen (had the young daughter at home), the mermaid wanna be chef, or the stew who was sick 90% of the time (and left early) on Below Deck to work with Jenna.  Madison is a star employee compared to those three.  It would be must see tv.

Honestly, from the small bits I've seen thus far, no one has the professionalism of the Below Deck crew (even with their crazies).

• Love 11

I agree with whoever says there’s no one that really sticks out as to like or love to hate. Everything is just kind of whatever.

Jenna and Adam are annoying but next week previews make Adam look like a psycho. Eek.

Madison seems like she kind of sucks. She seems to always feel attacked.

Parker is annoying. He is one of those ppl who seems to think they know everything I feel like he would be annoying to be around. He does these faces and voices and little trips that would be cool and maybe funny if he wasn’t 100% serious about it.

• Love 3

The thing with Adam is he's a di** and arrogant to begin with.  With women,  he has a vile streak & he seems to hold them emotionally hostage.  Case in point, he got Jenna BEGGING to have sex with him.  If not mistaken, I believe Hannah (BD: Med) was ready to shtup him too.  The guy's a loose cannon. He gets his jollies off on making people value his opinion for NO good reason whatsoever and feel like the world's biggest loser just bc he was short with them. He is indeed psychotic.  He can join p.o.s. Joao (BD: Med) IMO. 

• Love 7

I absolutely cant not stand Jenna. She iis lazy and uses her rank to get away with doing as little work as possible except serving platters of food, flirting and making sexual advances on Adam in the workplace during work hours whike also galf heartedly wiping a wine glass, and constantly calling Madison to run and do tasks for her. And then complaining about Madison.  I also really dislike cocky stupid Parker.  He doesn't seem to be a quick learner, often because he thinks he already knows more than everyone.  He's beyond annoying. I don't blame Ciarra for gettiing tired of his antics.  I actually like Ciarra and hope that sly snake Georgia doesn't break up Ciarra and Paget.  I feel neutral about Paget.  He seems quite knowledgeable about the boat and appears to be sincere about his relationship with Ciarra.  Maybe too comfortable in their relatiibahip because he seems kind of flattered or doofish in his flirting with Georgia who clearly is encouraging him.  Meanwhile Ciarra is up working hard on the deck.  Frankly I don't have any sense of a 'happy ending" for this crew.   The show had a LOT of potential...new issues being on avsail boat, and a gorgeous setting in Greece.  I totally blame the crappy casting that blew the show's potential.  Same crappy casting that ruined Below Deck's last season.  Simikar crappy casting goals to find hunky guys with personality issues, and stews who are mostly unprepared for the non stop work pace. And of course, finding a "chief stew" who lijes to think she's as good as Kate (dream on, Jenna!) who also apparently nade it clear during her auditions that she's always looking for a good time in the sack.  Seriously, all those stupid tears on the pier over a guy shes been throwing herself at for less than three weeks?  She's pathetic.   And the tip meeting that ended the last charter gave me the creeps when she sat snuggled up to Adam in the couch with his arn around her.   So unprofessional it cringed.  In front of their boss.  Did he even notice?  He seems kind of blind to a lot of the crew issues and shows lax expectations for their behavior. Maybe sailing yachts have more casual rank heirarchy than motor yachts?  But I doubt it..  Basically 51 Minds and BRAVO blew an opportunity to expand the BD franchise with another winner.  Especially sad after the debacle on Below Deck las season and the disrespect and threating behavior they allowed to continue towards Kate.  They blew it big time, again.   Get a NEW CASTING agency!!

• Love 11
On 3/30/2020 at 11:03 PM, biakbiak said:

Um Madison took 5 minutes to write two notes (only one for Parker)  and to set up a bowl of cereal but that’s a crazy problem?

Yes. What she needs to do is squeeze his dick in a public restaurant and throw a tantrum when he refuses to have sex with her.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

For the first time ever I actually yelled "C*NT" at my TV.  Say what you will about Kate and Hannah, but that bitch Jenna might actually get me to stop watching.  She is so un-self aware.  She is catty and cruel and is the worst kind of person.  I really hope the others see it as well.  I can barely stand to keep going.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

We won't get a renunion for this show and WWHL is on hiatus so way to sound off on  Jenna and Adam. Hopefully this show won't be renewed or if it is they will recast. Let me add my extreme dislike of Jenna and Adam. 

• Love 2
On 3/31/2020 at 2:03 AM, biakbiak said:

Um Madison took 5 minutes to write two notes (only one for Parker)  and to set up a bowl of cereal but that’s a crazy problem?

Yes, I kept wondering what in the world Jenna was talking about.  It wasn't like Madison left a note that told Parker she pleasured herself with the banana before leaving it for him!  It's just a bowl of freaking cereal.  I wonder if Parker made a bigger deal out of the note and meal to Jenna than what we saw. 

• Love 6

What a garbage episode! It was so bad that the things they teased in the previous episode didn't happen in this episode. Thats how uninteresting the material in the latest episode was. I will bet money this whole 3-some tease isn't going to be anything close to how their portraying it.

As far as this crew goes, they all suck.

Capt Glenn is way to laid back with his supervisors. 

Jenna needs to be fired. Her parties and presentations are dull and minimalistic. The best she could come up with is to have georgia sing a song?

Parker actually outshined her by hiring a DJ for the rowdy guys party. Speaking of which, adam leaves nothing but a cheese plate for them guys? 

Parker needs to get the chip off his shoulder and take advice when its offered to him.

Georgia is a snake. She is after paget and is all about throwing madison under the bus to get jennas eyes off of her

Another thing about passing the buck and jenna. She is the queen of blaming people for her deficiencies. From day 1 she blamed other people for not having steak knives before they left port. Isnt that her job to make sure they have everything they need before setting sail?

And wheres all the watertoys? They expect guests to play board games on a 1/4 million dollar vacation???

If they have a season 2 i hope they bring in an entire new crew, including the captain

Just rewatched last week's episode (out of sheer boredom) to try and get in the mood for the new episode tonight.  Big mistake as last week's episide was totally awful.  But I finally figured out one of the main things that really bugged me about the ridiculous Yanna guest  (many things bothered me about these ridiculous entitled classless snobs)... She has SO much filler in her lips that she can't use them to talk, show expression, or even eat.  When she puts food in her mouth her lips remain frozen and she barely can open her mouth and use her teeth to pull food off a fork.  And how about the lazy B who is so helpless she can't even dish a spoon of scrambled egs onto her plate? Seriously the dumbest guests we've seen on BD.  My guess is they're nuevue rich and weren't raised in a truly wealthy background, and are compelled to wallow and rub it in now.  They give wealthy people a bad look... Quite pathetic actually.

• Love 1