Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: A Breaking Point

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

A Breaking Point describes where we are all at with this show.

I sold my last house, packed up two UHauls and moved 450 miles all in three weeks. By myself (except for another driver for one of the UHauls). 60 days would be wonderful, especially with all those kids.

I can guarantee that the kids have seen plenty of fights as Robyn took control of the fambly and de-balled Kody.

I believe that they moved in knowing that the house was for sale.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I love how matter-of-fact Dayton seems in the clips posted.  I think he says "ok" when his parents tell them they have to move.

I think I'm going to pass on tonight's episode.  I don't want to see Kody swooping in and gallantly carrying one of his step-daughters off amidst her catching of the vapors.  🙄  GTFOH with the panic attack.

Has he ever lovingly carried any of his other children like that, above the age of 3?  Doubt it.  Ugh.

It just seemed so "staged" and put on for the cameras.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Come to Arizona.  We don't do it!!!!

I know. It was a nightmare trying to figure out times for conference calls between our office in Michigan and the one in Tucson.  I had to have a chart!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

To me, Aurora is Robyn lite.  Drama Queens extraordinaire.

I have it set to record and will watch in the a.m.

On another note, does anyone else hate switching clocks 2X a year?  

I don't mind.  I have a flag pole outside of my home and every day I hang a new flag and take it down at night.  When I go out there in the morning at certain times of the year - it is PITCH black - still very dark at 6:30 in the morning or later - and kids are walking by my house to get to the bus stops.   It would be so easy for some creep to snatch a kid or two.  If changing the clocks means more safety for these kids, than I don't care.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I know. It was a nightmare trying to figure out times for conference calls between our office in Michigan and the one in Tucson.  I had to have a chart!

Hubby used to travel from Arizona to California and New Mexico for business.  Half of the year, we'd be on the same time as Cali; the rest of the year we were on the same time as NM.

I used to joke and say that his flights to CA sometimes took an hour, sometimes two.  And sometimes he landed here before he left there.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

To me, Aurora is Robyn lite.  Drama Queens extraordinaire.

I have it set to record and will watch in the a.m.

On another note, does anyone else hate switching clocks 2X a year?  

I only have the oven clock to reset nowadays, everything else resets automatically. Even my car! 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I love how matter-of-fact Dayton seems in the clips posted.  I think he says "ok" when his parents tell them they have to move.

I think I'm going to pass on tonight's episode.  I don't want to see Kody swooping in and gallantly carrying one of his step-daughters off amidst her catching of the vapors.  🙄  GTFOH with the panic attack.

Has he ever lovingly carried any of his other children like that, above the age of 3?  Doubt it.  Ugh.

I have a friend whose daughter is on the autism spectrum and she said her daughter often reacts to things in that way - very matter of fact.

I think it’s ridiculous to buy a house when you know you’re only going to live in it for about two years, but if Robyn’s landlord is selling and they are going to buy a new house, why not buy the house they are renting and spare themselves the move?

• Useful 6
  • Love 15

Im in upstate ny......ive been doing the turn the clocks back/forward thing for 50 yrs, and survived through all if it. Im so used to doing it, it doesn't bug me at all.   I wish they'd just leave it alone. There's  much more important issues going on now.

• Love 4

Did he really call his wives delusional because they are aware he is picking favorites?

8 minutes ago, suev33 3 said:

Why the eff does Meri live in that mansion by herself?   Color me confused 🤔

I mean theres being fair and being a human money pit. Meri could just get an awesome town house or condo and high-end apartment.  Its not like any one wants to say with her. She doesn't need all those bedrooms. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, 80sBaby said:

I've watched this show since the first night it came on. It's getting harder and harder to sit through. I hope Meri eventually leaves, her misery oozes through the screen during the couch sessions. If you're there for a check...fake it!! Give a giggle, a smile, something instead of sitting there slumped like you just came from being water boarded. I really dislike her, even more so than Kody. She has always been a smug, condenscending, nasty, entitled mess and I just wish she would leave. Go to Parawon and sell your leggings, maybe find a new love on line?? I could see TLC giving her a spinoff "Meri on her Own/Meri Living with Her Walls Down/Meri Living without Trees/Meri-I Dont Know" whatever just GO!!!

Meri moves on. Meri on the move. Meri makes it happpen. Meris new phase. 

All valid free spin off options. Lol

• Love 8

In the spirit of wanting to say something nice about these people this is all I could come up with:

Their adult offspring have NOT chosen to follow their parent’s example/preference of complicating their lives AND their children’s lives by living the plural marriage principle....yet.  So there’s that.

The rest of it, especially the stress over their living quarters, seems to be just badly acted soap opera-esque dialog and storylines to keep the fans and haters watching this season.  I can’t imagine they’ll be stretching it toooo much farther but then again, I just found out today that Mama June From Not to Hot has been resurrected and amongst things like her being arrested for drug possession in Alabama, HoneyBooBoo is 15, y’all!!!!

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, LAMMA said:

I hate to say this. But I think Mariah is gay just to spite her fambly. 

Being the only child of the first wife, Mariah was the most favored child; the special snowflake.  Then, her Cindersisters started to get married and the spotlight shifted. How else to stand out?! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I have a friend whose daughter is on the autism spectrum and she said her daughter often reacts to things in that way - very matter of fact.

I think it’s ridiculous to buy a house when you know you’re only going to live in it for about two years, but if Robyn’s landlord is selling and they are going to buy a new house, why not buy the house they are renting and spare themselves the move?

It is so crazy - I never even thought of this! The perfect solution!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Aurora is Kody’s daughter, not his step-daughter. He legally adopted all three. 

• Love 1

The worst thing about all these moves to and around Flagstaff is that they have never learned how to do it right yet.  They’ve moved so many times since the first 3 wives came that they should have  the logistics and the legal stuff down pat.  They definitely havent learned how to make it easy on tne kids.  Hunter and Maddie were basket cases when they moved to Vegas  and yet these adults did the same crap again. 

• Love 22

Given the giddy, phony, over-the-top, attention seeking behavior displayed for many years by Robyn's two older daughters (and because this episode is the season finale), I see the "breakdown" tonight as more of the same. 

• Love 22

I’m confused. I thought they pulled up stakes, moved 12 kids and 5 adults to a place they apparently had not researched very much ( they didn’t know that there. was a shortage of rentals), left town without securing the sale of their four homes and bought a plot of land out in the middle of nowhere with a crazy dream of living there, all because Dayton wanted to go to college there?  Wouldn’t it have been simpler for everyone if he had chosen a school in Vegas? I mean, it’s not like he’s going to Harvard.

• Love 23

During the gender reveal, I noticed that all the older kids that are no longer at home, were either on cell phones or had called in their prediction. All except Logan. Nothing. Nada. I just can’t get over the fact that he has completely disappeared. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

T

7 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Perhaps Aurora wouldn't be so stressed out if she didn't have to be involved so deeply in all the family dramatics.  I personally think it's inappropriate for Robyn and Kody to spill ALL the details surrounding the need to move to the children.  The fact that they are so OTT about  everything:  it's SO hard to find a rental, mom and I are fighting about this, Robyn holding back her tears, money, money, money, etc...   I think the adults could have presented the necessity for the move in a much more low key and matter of fact way. Also, if anyone has experience with anxiety attacks - is that how they manifest?  To me, it kind of looked like a pseudo seizure - the stuttering, the twitching, the inability to walk.

I haven't watched yet but the way you describe it, yea it does sound like a pseudo-seizure. I once watched someone in the ED do that before they had blood work done. The doctor just sat back and asked "are you done?" The person sat up, red-faced, and said yea. 

And as panic attacks are miserable, they won't kill you. Had one, hated it, got therapy. But will this idiot Kody freak out about this and not get her help? I vote yea.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I don't mind.  I have a flag pole outside of my home and every day I hang a new flag and take it down at night.  When I go out there in the morning at certain times of the year - it is PITCH black - still very dark at 6:30 in the morning or later - and kids are walking by my house to get to the bus stops.   It would be so easy for some creep to snatch a kid or two.  If changing the clocks means more safety for these kids, than I don't care.

So changing makes it less safe then. Daylight savings time is now and the spring forward makes it darker in the morning and lighter in the evening. Fall back is going back to standard time.

Anyway onto the show. Things are really starting to unravel now. The faces the kids were making in the housing discussion leads me to believe a lot of this fighting and unhappiness is real.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

You both moved her for no good reason, like 7 times in her childhood on the basis of your perceived persecution

Actually since Robyn and her children joined the Brown family they have only moved twice.  Once to Vegas and the second move to Flagstaff.

1 hour ago, fountain said:

So changing makes it less safe then. Daylight savings time is now and the spring forward makes it darker in the morning and lighter in the evening. Fall back is going back to standard time.

Anyway onto the show. Things are really starting to unravel now. The faces the kids were making in the housing discussion leads me to believe a lot of this fighting and unhappiness is real.

Oh duh.  I was thinking how dark it is around the Fall time change, wasn't thinking about Spring.  

• Useful 1