Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/2/2020

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Mar. 2 – Guest Co-host Ana Navarro; Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Mar. 3 – ABC News Chief Legal Analyst Dan Abrams (author, “John Adams Under Fire”)

Wednesday, Mar. 4 – Jason Biggs (“Outmatched”)

Thursday, Mar. 5 – Guest co-host Andrew Yang; Pamela Adlon (“Better Things”)

Friday, Mar. 6 – Guest co-host Sara Haines (co-host “GMA3: Strahan, Sara and Keke”); Chef Rocco DiSpirito (author, “Rocco's Keto Comfort Food Diet”)

• Love 3
(edited)

Does Meghan realize Super Tuesday is tomorrow?  That "cage match" before Super Tuesday that she keeps saying will happen is going be short, isn't it?

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Shallow note: Sunny's puffy sleeves reminds me of a flower girl or Anne of Green Gables.

I was thinking it's like she had adult size copy made of the Easter dress she wore when she was six.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Everything that Megan said about the media regarding Joe Biden was so true and I agreed with her. 

Bye Pete! I hope I never see you or hear from you ever again but since we cannot have nice things, you will be around..

Does Whoopie know about voter suppression and how hard it is to vote in this country so her saying that other people cannot vote in other countries like Americans is false.  

Bloomberg got what he deserved at that church in Selma.

The Bernie bashing on this show continues.................

• Love 2

Jeez. Not a single one of them got what PP was saying. Betty White is revered. That's the point. The dead zone is in between JLo and Betty White. It's not about how you feel about yourself.  It's about how others (the world) see and treat you during that time. STFU, Meghan. You have no idea. You're in your 30s. And,  no, you're not good at what you do.

Doing a driveby today....Ana and the Primaries

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Jeez. Not a single one of them got what PP was saying. Betty White is revered. That's the point. The dead zone is in between JLo and Betty White. It's not about how you feel about yourself.  It's about how others (the world) see and treat you during that time. STFU, Meghan. You have no idea. You're in your 30s. And,  no, you're not good at what you do.

Doing a driveby today....Ana and the Primaries

My god, did she say she was good at what she does again?!😳

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

FYI...PJ Harlow is great quality. I don't know about the rayon/satin pieces, but the knits run very big. Soft, substantial and wear like iron.

I don't understand the company, though. They seem to be under several names, if you Google them. Very confusing when you order directly from them. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
Typo
  • Useful 1

I only watched the first half hour without Joy to see what they would say about Buttigieg. Sunny said he was a good, decent man after spending the last two months trashing him. Seriously, screw you, lady.

I can't imagine how horrible it must be to be Meghan McCain. Even when everything's exactly the way she wants it--Joe Biden's become the only viable moderate option--she still manages to be pissed off. I mean, Steyer's dropped, and she still finds the time to say she HATES HIM!!!! With a raging passion!!! Funny, because he doesn't bring the slightest emotion out of me at all... She is really a miserable person, can't even be happy when she has what she wants. But I did like what she said about Bernie's supporters being thugs and the most vile she's ever seen in politics. And what she said about how Iowa not being able to function properly and get the vote in on time screwed Buttigieg. And what she said about Buttigieg accepting reality and not wanting to stay in only to help elect Bernie Sanders. And that Klobuchar and Warren should've already dropped out. It's unpleasant to agree with such a hateful asshole like McCain, yet here we are.

And I'm glad they all slammed Bernie for his absence from the Selma event.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

Whoopie defending Bloomberg again!  "Well, we don't know if he just now showed up at a black church".

Uhhhhhh.......somebody's delusional.  Yes, Meghan it does come across as arrogant to say you think you're realllly (how she said it) good at talking politics, even if you are, but YOU"RE NOT.  

And this didn't even relate to the main point she was leading up to.  It was just a random compliment to herself that she threw in there.  (Unless she was trying to say that her political analysis is so blindingly brilliant that her looks shouldn't even cross people's minds.)

Lol - the frozen "smile" on Sunny's face during Meghan's diatribe after Ana countered her by saying that men are criticized for their looks too .

Oh, poor, persecuted Meghan.  You do realize, don't you, sweetie, that Twitter isn't real life, and that if you stayed off of social media that at least half of the negativity in your life would go away? 

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

On a shallow note, Ana looks beautiful in that colour. She should wear bright more often, especially in a direct contrast to the big, black crow, scowling from her perch.

I was rather surprised at Paulina's comments. Seeing as her husband recently died, I would have thought she was going to say something to the effect of having a hard time grieving or having a hard time getting over his death but AGING?!!!!! Come on! That's super shallow even coming from a model!

"I hope this doesn't come across as arrogant....." MEghan? Honey, you were born arrogant!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Another great example of The View panelists telling a half-ass story.  CBS Sunday Morning just did a report on PP, she and her husband were separated at the time of his death.  She was not included in his will.  She had to go back to work.  On CBS Sunday Morning, PP said in addition to feeling grief, and betrayal, she faced ageism in the workplace because she had to go back to work.  I never take anything these broads say seriously, they never do research.

Thanks for clarifying that, sugarbaker design. Why the hell wouldn't that information have been included?!! Yet another example of how these women are so many times, caught with their pants down. Does this show not have researchers? Fact checkers? Sure doesn't seem so!

What goes on at that morning meeting anyway? They sit around and talk about what they watched on tv last night, while Mags furiously scribbles on her blue cards?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Jason Biggs?  What have we done to deserve having to watch him?  Ugh!

Biggs is on a new show that is one of the worst written sitcoms I have ever seen. It's full of stereotypes of gifted kids being insufferable brats, and average kids being sweet idiots.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Does this show not have researchers? Fact checkers? Sure doesn't seem so!

There used to be what was called the three am guy. His job was to check news stories overnight and pull which ones he thought would be good hot topics.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I only watched the first half hour without Joy to see what they would say about Buttigieg. Sunny said he was a good, decent man after spending the last two months trashing him. Seriously, screw you, lady.

Buttigieg was using people who look like Sunny and me for a comeup so I understand her disdain.. To be fair the ladies trash anybody who is not Joe Biden. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Buttigieg was using people who look like Sunny and me for a comeup so I understand her disdain..

Honestly, I think Sunny disliked Buttigieg mostly because he was gay. She's shown she's not exactly a lover of gay people on this show before, although she's shrewd enough not to do it often. I still remember when she criticized the gay couple kissing in that parade show and asked how she would "explain it" to her children. Won't somebody think of the children?! lol

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Honestly, I think Sunny disliked Buttigieg mostly because he was gay. She's shown she's not exactly a lover of gay people on this show before, although she's shrewd enough not to do it often. I still remember when she criticized the gay couple kissing in that parade show and asked how she would "explain it" to her children. Won't somebody think of the children?! lol

Sunny is not homophobic, she is a prude and can be a bit too much with her jealousy regarding her husband.  Sunny is open-minded in matters of sexuality..

• Love 4
(edited)

Sorry, but it's clear we disagree on many things and there's nothing I can do about that. Sunny isn't pro-choice either, btw. I don't think she's full-blown homophobic, but it's very obvious she is not comfortable with it and probably would say so more if she wasn't afraid of being #cancelled. She's pro-diversity when it comes to seeing herself represented via black women and/or fellow prosecutors like Hillary, Kamala, and Stacey Abrams as president or vice-president, but when it's a gay man onstage, it's another story.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 15
58 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I still remember when she criticized the gay couple kissing in that parade show and asked how she would "explain it" to her children. Won't somebody think of the children?! lol

I remember that as well.  Her children are in high school, which just added to the ridiculousness of her statement.  And I agree with TheGreenKnight, I'm not saying Sunny is a friend of Anita Bryant, but she is not as comfortable with gays as some of her other panelists.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Thanks for clarifying that, sugarbaker design. Why the hell wouldn't that information have been included?!! Yet another example of how these women are so many times, caught with their pants down. Does this show not have researchers? Fact checkers? Sure doesn't seem so!

What goes on at that morning meeting anyway? They sit around and talk about what they watched on tv last night, while Mags furiously scribbles on her blue cards?

Telling the "whole story" has always been their "short suit".  I hated them saying that about her because I'd seen her on CBS Sunday Morning.  Gawd!!!!

I felt bad that Mayor Pete had to give up, but I'm sure he will be of immense value to Biden.

Edited by Medicine Crow
Add comment re Mayor Pete.
  • Love 10

So I FF through most after reading here.  Since they aren’t political analysts, including one who’s supposed to be one, I wish they didn’t do the majority of the show on politics.  It gets tiresome and I can go elsewhere for much better political talk.  Also, MM, if you want to talk about who’s trying to change this country from what it’s been since the beginning, look no further that your own party and trump who’s doing is best to turn us into an oligarchy/dictatorship....it’s not Bernie.  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

This whole thread about Sunny being homophobic or not has been headspinning. At this point, I'm probably going to guess that Sunny is your typical liberal Gen Xer. In general, they're respectful of gay people, but when they were young in the 80s, they probably believed some ignorant stuff about them, and maybe they are still working on deconstructing some of those toxic beliefs. Nothing too shocking about that.

• Love 1

I caught that clip about aging and I'm just amazed at how ridiculous Meghan was. She managed to bring up her father's death, then told everyone how good at politics she is, and in the middle of it blurted out to Sunny "But YOU'RE 50!!" It was so bizarre and non-sensical. Goodness how does she have a job again? Oh ya I know how.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Shallow note: Sunny's puffy sleeves reminds me of a flower girl or Anne of Green Gables.

Puffed sleeves !!  I loved that book (AGG), however remember the horror of having my mom buy me  a puffed sleeves dress for a wedding when I was 16 lol.

• LOL 6
38 minutes ago, burghgal said:

Puffed sleeves !!  I loved that book (AGG), however remember the horror of having my mom buy me  a puffed sleeves dress for a wedding when I was 16 lol.

I'm the same age as Sunny and I hate when people say older women shouldn't wear certain things but that dress wasn't a good look on her.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Meghan came out looking sour faced and pissed.  Would it hurt her to smile and wave?

Someone should write another article.

giphy.gif

The gif is from their 1/17/2020 show, after some leak or article had come out about her and Abby's last day.

• LOL 5
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Everything that Megan said about the media regarding Joe Biden was so true and I agreed with her.

Does Whoopie know about voter suppression and how hard it is to vote in this country so her saying that other people cannot vote in other countries like Americans is false.  

Bloomberg got what he deserved at that church in Selma.

The Bernie bashing on this show continues.................

13 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Another great example of The View panelists telling a half-ass story.  CBS Sunday Morning just did a report on PP, she and her husband were separated at the time of his death.  She was not included in his will.  She had to go back to work.  On CBS Sunday Morning, PP said in addition to feeling grief, and betrayal, she faced ageism in the workplace because she had to go back to work.  I never take anything these broads say seriously, they never do research.

This show is just a complete pile of Whoopi's poo.

So they spend several minutes disparaging PP, without actually talking about the real thing she was talking about, which is ageism towards women in the workplace.  I am in that situation and I can tell you it is a real thing.  And it doesn't happen towards men like it does women.

And can I say just one more time how sick I am of Whoopi pontificating on any subject.  Not to mention MeAgain telling us how she is so good at political analysis.

It was funny when MeAgain bemoaned being trashed on social media for her looks and weight, and said no man ever has to endure that, and Ana mentioned Christie, Bloomberg and Trump.  MeAgain did not like that and snarled back at her.

I noticed today that Ana does not look in the direction of MeAgain.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I've noticed MeAgain is prefacing many of her comments with a Whoopi disclaimer.  When she's saying something critical about something they're discussing, she prefaces her opinion with "not you, Whoopi".  She seems to be going out of her way not to piss the Whoopster off.  She knows she needs her in her corner and their recent on-air dustups weren't a good look for MeAgain. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Oh Me-again, you're not as street as you think you are....that was Juvenile that was Tom Steyer was dancing with....not Genuine (he spells it different, I know).  SMDH - Jeez, I'm a 55 year old white broad and even I knew this.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Oh Me-again, you're not as street as you think you are....that was Juvenile that was Tom Steyer was dancing with....not Genuine (he spells it different, I know).  SMDH - Jeez, I'm a 55 year old white broad and even I knew this.  

I heard her say Genuwine and I couldn't hear the song so I thought is he dancing to Pony? I thought she was going to make a Magic Mike joke.  As a 51 white woman let me say Meghan is so far out of  her league when she tries to talk about "cool" things.

7 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

Meghan has said plenty of times that she loves politics because it's winners and losers. Well, to be a winner who beat the enemy, you have to have an enemy. If there's no real enemy -- if you're cruising right along the way you want -- then you have to create an enemy, because in MeghanWorld, there must be an enemy, dammit!

So, Meghan must have strong passions and hate! HATE! Tom Steyer, or "Crooked Hillary," or whoever she feels her candidate vanquished. They lost, and they are wrong, and they are the enemy.

I agree with this. Not only does Meghan want to win she wants her opponent to lose and lose badly.  Which is ironic because the campaign she "helped" on did lose badly.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Tom Steyer was dancing with Juvenile and the song was Back dat Azz up.

I thought it was a cute dance and I did not understand why the panel blasted Steyer. Megan really hates him for some bizarre reason.. If you are not Biden or Tulsi, you are awful in her eyes.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I thought it was a cute dance and I did not understand why the panel blasted Steyer. Megan really hates him for some bizarre reason.. If you are not Biden or Tulsi, you are awful in her eyes.

It was definitely "white boy" dancing, but I found it funny. Meghan just hates Steyer because he has money, same with Bloomberg...which is weird, considering if Meghan ever runs for congress/senate (like she said she wanted) she comes from big money so...

• Love 15
(edited)

Lizzy is guest co-hosting next week?  I can't wait to miss it!  Oh and McCain will give up her Conservative Chair for her.  🙄

*Lizzy being Hasselbeck.  According to Whoopi, that's what we're calling her these days. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
Just now, Cementhead said:

Lizzy is guest co-hosting next week?  I can't wait to miss it!  Oh and McCain will give up her Conservative Chair for her.  🙄

I hope to HELL this doesn't mean they are trying to woo her back.  I remember her saying they tried before they hired MM.  I swear, if she's back, I'M OUT!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11